Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Not a movie but the same idea.

Music Video, 3 people in a house playing while a family eats their breakfast. I think some guy is outside with a hose spraying his van. Can't remember for sure. I think this band had only one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
EDIT: Nevermind.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Alan Smithee posted:

one of mine: I watched a movie on a premium cable back in the late 90s, early aughts (I'd date the movie no earlier than 90s) where a family is taken hostage similar to Firewall, only the father is not the hero, the genius hacker son is. Not only does the son manage to do some Macguyver poo poo by electrocuting one of the henchman who was trying to run a brute force program to find some password (and then stealing his uzi) but he also knows a lot about German lugers (which one henchman carries).

Basically the bad guys are mercenaries hired by somebody because the dad in the family has some super secret blueprints or other. The father offers to "double" the money they are paid and the main baddie (may or may not have been played by Tim Curry) goes "you couldn't possibly. There's also an angsty teenage daughter who was earlier about to hook up with some dude while her brother spied on them with a remote control cam car. Later she attempts to seduce one of the henchman by making out with him on a pool table but another henchman puts a gun to his head and tells him off.

Aside from the blueprints this sounds a little like Terrorvision. I haven't seen it in a while but basically something comes out of a family's satellite dish and their kid grabs a gun and tries to save everybody. I haven't seen it in a long time though so I could be way off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092074/

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?
I caught this movie on Starz way back in the early 1990's. It was a french movie with a scene involving a woman from an asylum of sorts having rather graphic doggy-style sex in the barn with one of the hired hands. The whole thing was taking place in the early 1900's evidently.

I am also looking for the name of an episode of an anthology suspense or horror show that featured men locked in a fallout shelter/missile silo after they launch a nuclear war and it turns out there are vampires outside who try to entice them into coming out and joining them at the end. I looked through the episode lists of Tales from the Darkside and the Twilight Zone but nothing seemed to fit.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Tikifire posted:

I caught this movie on Starz way back in the early 1990's. It was a french movie with a scene involving a woman from an asylum of sorts having rather graphic doggy-style sex in the barn with one of the hired hands. The whole thing was taking place in the early 1900's evidently.
Are you sure it was French and not Spanish? Because that sounds like Black Venus. <-NSFW

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005

Tikifire posted:

I am also looking for the name of an episode of an anthology suspense or horror show that featured men locked in a fallout shelter/missile silo after they launch a nuclear war and it turns out there are vampires outside who try to entice them into coming out and joining them at the end. I looked through the episode lists of Tales from the Darkside and the Twilight Zone but nothing seemed to fit.

Not an anthology horror show, but the movie Chosen Survivors has the same exact plot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071318/

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Tikifire posted:

You forgot the series "Monsters."

S03E58 - The Waiting Game

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Sizzlechest posted:

You forgot the series "Monsters."

S03E58 - The Waiting Game

That's the one! Thanks! I'm not sure about "Black Venus" but that sounds like it might be it. I'll have to check it out and see, thanks guys!
"

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

nacho posted:

Not a movie but the same idea.

Music Video, 3 people in a house playing while a family eats their breakfast. I think some guy is outside with a hose spraying his van. Can't remember for sure. I think this band had only one hit.

maybe
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It

remember what kind of music?

Mewtwentyseven
Jul 17, 2008
All right. When I was somewhere bewteen 5 and 10 years of age (roughly 15 years or so ago), I caught the end of some animated movie about dragons.

I think it might have been a Rankin-Bass production because the quality of the animation looked not dissimilar to the Hobbit they did (which I always loved).

I forget exactly the plot, but there was this nerd or whatever who finds himself inhabiting the body of a green dragon and has to learn how to be a dragon from this older red dragon because something was about to happen and he needed to help. There was also a talking wolf who everyone was surprised to see alive.

Apparently, according to this, dragons eat limestone and use it in conjunction with an electrical charge at the roof of their mouths to make fire.

I have never seen or heard of it since, and I remember liking the music. Does anyone know what the hell I'm thinking of?

"The common mistake people make when trying to dsign something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mewtwentyseven posted:

All right. When I was somewhere bewteen 5 and 10 years of age (roughly 15 years or so ago), I caught the end of some animated movie about dragons.

I think it might have been a Rankin-Bass production because the quality of the animation looked not dissimilar to the Hobbit they did (which I always loved).

I forget exactly the plot, but there was this nerd or whatever who finds himself inhabiting the body of a green dragon and has to learn how to be a dragon from this older red dragon because something was about to happen and he needed to help. There was also a talking wolf who everyone was surprised to see alive.

Apparently, according to this, dragons eat limestone and use it in conjunction with an electrical charge at the roof of their mouths to make fire.
The Flight of Dragons, a common movie in these threads. It was indeed made by Rankin/Bass.

Mewtwentyseven
Jul 17, 2008
Oh my GOD! That's it! Thanks!

That was Ritter, huh? I miss him.

Moms Stuffing
Jun 2, 2005

the little green one
My ex used to watch horrible children's movies on HBO in the wee hours of the morning. There was one movie about a talking dog, I think it was a chihuahua, and it was trying to stop robbers or something like that. It was absolutely horrible, but I need to know what this movie was called, it's driving me crazy!!!

EDIT: I saw this in 2001 or 2002, by the way.

Moms Stuffing fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 11, 2008

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Pweller posted:

maybe
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It

remember what kind of music?

Its not that, I know that song. It was made probably no more than 3-4 years ago. I think the chorus is something like "here it comes" but I can't be sure, and if you google that there is a billion songs by that title/chorus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Topper Harley posted:

Aside from the blueprints this sounds a little like Terrorvision. I haven't seen it in a while but basically something comes out of a family's satellite dish and their kid grabs a gun and tries to save everybody. I haven't seen it in a long time though so I could be way off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092074/

no, I don't think it was a horror movie, similar in style to Firewall only it only had one location really

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...
Black and white, no big name actors that stick out in my mind that I can remember although I think the main actor in the film had a mustache. Watched the film literally about 20 years ago.

1930's maybe 40's era film about powers bestowed upon a mortal man. Film opens with two beings debating giving powers to all people, and they decide that they will give just one man the power to do everything.

Eventually we go through the entire film of him discovering what he can do, leading to the end where he is nearly if not fully emperor of the world and is commanding the governments of the world to do something (I don't know what). When they don't comply he commands the world to stop moving, and it does.

The beings then reset it all, I think. The end.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Sounds like a film version of the HG Wells story The Man Who Could Work Miracles, which IMDB says was filmed in 1936: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029201/

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...
Wow, that's it

edit: in my complete shock about finding this film I forgot my manners, thank you

atomicvocabulary fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 16, 2008

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

No prob, glad to help!

soft fabrics
Aug 17, 2008

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
I saw this one when I was a kid, so it must've been around the late 90s.
It's some sort of horror/sci fi film, and I remember part of it where they (not sure who 'they' are) have to crawl through a tunnel, it's silver, so maybe a spaceship or something? And there's oozy gooey stuff getting everywhere, and it's very very bad.
Also, there's a part where they're in an alley, or something like that.. A small space with walls, in a hallway kind of shape anyway, and there are faces stretching out of the wall, like they're trying to escape, and that's the first sign that things are much worse than first expected etc etc.
That wall scene I think is from towards the start, and the tunnel one from towards the end.
If anyone's got any ideas, that would be great.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I use to remember the name of this movie but I have completely forgotten it now for some reason.

I only remember one scene from the movie but it was pretty powerful. Its a black and white film (I think, faily certain) that starts off with an older man walking into a building because he has a meeting with I suppose the CEO or president of the company.

When he gets to the meeting room and its a very large long room with a huge table that has desk lamps lined the length of it at each chair. At the end of the room there are huge windows that the CEO character closes and begins his meeting with the old man. There is no one else in the room except for these two.

The room is almost completely dark except for the dim lights of the lamps. The CEO asks the old man to have a seat and seems very nice at first but all of a sudden goes into a tirade of yelling at the man. It was a very overwhelming scene at the actor playing the CEO was dead on with what you expected a very angry person to act like. He basically made the old man look like an idiot and put things into prespective I guess?

So, thats pretty much all I can remember. Anyone have any clues to what this is?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

There was a movie the kids were watching in Mrs. Doubtfire where some guy (looked asian) was having his face molded like clay and the kids were disgusted but kept watching anyway, until Robin Williams/Doubtfire turned it off and made them do chores. What the hell was that movie?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Alan Smithee posted:

There was a movie the kids were watching in Mrs. Doubtfire where some guy (looked asian) was having his face molded like clay and the kids were disgusted but kept watching anyway, until Robin Williams/Doubtfire turned it off and made them do chores. What the hell was that movie?

The Outer Limits: Hundred Days of the Dragon

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

XCPuff posted:

I use to remember the name of this movie but I have completely forgotten it now for some reason.

I only remember one scene from the movie but it was pretty powerful. Its a black and white film (I think, faily certain) that starts off with an older man walking into a building because he has a meeting with I suppose the CEO or president of the company.

When he gets to the meeting room and its a very large long room with a huge table that has desk lamps lined the length of it at each chair. At the end of the room there are huge windows that the CEO character closes and begins his meeting with the old man. There is no one else in the room except for these two.

The room is almost completely dark except for the dim lights of the lamps. The CEO asks the old man to have a seat and seems very nice at first but all of a sudden goes into a tirade of yelling at the man. It was a very overwhelming scene at the actor playing the CEO was dead on with what you expected a very angry person to act like. He basically made the old man look like an idiot and put things into prespective I guess?

So, thats pretty much all I can remember. Anyone have any clues to what this is?

Holy poo poo, I just stumbled upon what I was looking for on accident on youtube.

It was Network, and its in color. Thanks anyways.

:(

Glyn
Feb 8, 2005

Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant.
A plane lands at a airport. There's no people there or any signs of life. That's all I remember with certainty. I think there were some suicides or people disappearing as well throughout the movie.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Glyn posted:

A plane lands at a airport. There's no people there or any signs of life. That's all I remember with certainty. I think there were some suicides or people disappearing as well throughout the movie.

The immediate ones to check are are Millenium and The Langoliers.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Glyn posted:

Might be Left Behind EDIT but probably The Langoliers, as Ape says.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 20, 2008

Glyn
Feb 8, 2005

Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant.
That was quick. It was The Langoliers. Thanks alot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Duke posted:

The Outer Limits: Hundred Days of the Dragon

thanks for the info, big ups to duke

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...
Ok, so I caught this movie during one of SciFi Channels "William Shatner presents Full Moon Entertainment Movies" or something to that effect. It was a movie set up like a future western (almost like Muse's Knights of Cydonia video) and there was a sheriff who got killed because his opponent was standing on some orb of protection. Then there was another guy who, whenever he came around people died. I fell asleep watching it years ago and I have no idea what it was called. It was actually pretty decent too, right up there with Puppet Master also from Full Moon.

Future help is greatly appreciated!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

ohthatdan posted:

Ok, so I caught this movie during one of SciFi Channels "William Shatner presents Full Moon Entertainment Movies" or something to that effect. It was a movie set up like a future western (almost like Muse's Knights of Cydonia video) and there was a sheriff who got killed because his opponent was standing on some orb of protection. Then there was another guy who, whenever he came around people died. I fell asleep watching it years ago and I have no idea what it was called. It was actually pretty decent too, right up there with Puppet Master also from Full Moon.

Future help is greatly appreciated!

Oblivion (1994)

on the msg board:
"The Muse Video for knights of Cydonia is just like this movie" -ExtremeHobo

ohthatdan
Jan 10, 2007

...Soldering Iron...

Pweller posted:

Oblivion (1994)

on the msg board:
"The Muse Video for knights of Cydonia is just like this movie" -ExtremeHobo

WOW that was fast! Thanks a million! Man, how did I completely forget Isaac Hayes and George Takei were in this...

GiZMO13SOLiD
Feb 10, 2007
yaliyd
When I was young my dad had really frequently rent out movies and watch them in our living room, sometimes with guests over and often movies that weren't suitable for children.
So this was about 10+ years ago. I remember seeing a short scene from a movie, I want to say it was the beginning of the film but I'm not sure. Anyway what happens is that a girl is in a bathroom or some other small room in building that reminds me of New York. Some guy comes in maybe her boyfriend (if not, he was raping her?) but he starts making moves on her, maybe just making out or if they got to sexing, I remember it being a lot for my young eyes.
The way the people were dressed remind me of early 1900s.. like Godfather or something (which I've seen none of).

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

GiZMO13SOLiD posted:

When I was young my dad had really frequently rent out movies and watch them in our living room, sometimes with guests over and often movies that weren't suitable for children.
So this was about 10+ years ago. I remember seeing a short scene from a movie, I want to say it was the beginning of the film but I'm not sure. Anyway what happens is that a girl is in a bathroom or some other small room in building that reminds me of New York. Some guy comes in maybe her boyfriend (if not, he was raping her?) but he starts making moves on her, maybe just making out or if they got to sexing, I remember it being a lot for my young eyes.
The way the people were dressed remind me of early 1900s.. like Godfather or something (which I've seen none of).

This is way too vague to answer definitively, but in the Godfather itself, there is a scene in the beginning of the movie (at the daughter's wedding) where Sonny, the Godfather's son, is getting it one with one of the bridesmaids in a side bedroom, banging her against the door while standing up. It is New York and the era is 1940's/WWII though.

GiZMO13SOLiD
Feb 10, 2007
yaliyd
That is pretty much all I remember, 1940s does not sound too off from what I imagine in my mind (I'm crap when it comes to eras). I may have answered my own question, I will go view the beginning of The Godfather as soon as I get a hold of it this sounds like it might be the film I'm looking for. Thanks a lot!

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When I was a kid the parents popped in this movie, the Tristar logo popped up, and it had the horse running towards the screen.

However, the horse was laughing like a retard, and when it came to his little jump he yelled out WWHEEEEEEE!

What movie was this?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Hm, I would have thought it was Hot to Trot but I don't think Columbia/TS had any hand in it.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Hm, I would have thought it was Hot to Trot but I don't think Columbia/TS had any hand in it.

Ha! I thought the same thing. It sounds like it would fit a screwball comedy though, but I'm coming up empty

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005

Thirst for Savings posted:

When I was a kid the parents popped in this movie, the Tristar logo popped up, and it had the horse running towards the screen.

However, the horse was laughing like a retard, and when it came to his little jump he yelled out WWHEEEEEEE!

What movie was this?

The movie "Another You" with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder had some funny dialogue or noises or something involving the Tri Star horse. It's been decades since I've seen it so I don't remember what the dialogue was but I'm 100% certain that they have a goofy shtick involving the Tri-Star opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

GiZMO13SOLiD posted:

That is pretty much all I remember, 1940s does not sound too off from what I imagine in my mind (I'm crap when it comes to eras). I may have answered my own question, I will go view the beginning of The Godfather as soon as I get a hold of it this sounds like it might be the film I'm looking for. Thanks a lot!

This is a movie you should see and own in any case.