Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

"Listeners, there is a strange man in the studio. He says that he's...

... from Earth."

(I am very excited about the TAH crossover.)

Is it going to be a stage show or will it be available in a pod cast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The Thrilling Adventure Hour facebook said either one show or the other (or maybe both) will release it as a podcast but it won't be until late this year or maybe early next year.

If you guys still don't know what Thrilling Adventure Hour is, we have a thread here. If you like WTNV there's a good chance you'll like at least a couple of the segments in TAH.

Got my ticket for the Dallas show yesterday. So excited. :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy tickets to the Pittsburgh show or not. Any hints on a potential Ohio show before that noon ticket sale time?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Do any of these live shows make their way online, such as for the people who live in Australia who'd like to attend but can't justify or afford plane tickets to fly to one of these shows?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tithin Melias posted:

Do any of these live shows make their way online, such as for the people who live in Australia who'd like to attend but can't justify or afford plane tickets to fly to one of these shows?

I believe the Brooklyn shows from October and December will be released as episodes.

Also the performance from the LA Podcast Fest is online: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15ly58_welcome-to-night-vale-at-la-podcast-festival-part-1_fun

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Tithin Melias posted:

They may be released as pay-only episodes. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release them exclusively on CDs. Or cassettes. Or 8-track tapes. Or wax cylinders. I'd buy them anyway.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 26, 2014

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
I saw the late Night Vale live show at the Largo in Beverly HIlls last night, and it was absolutely amazing. You should see them live if you can.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

drat it, Birch North Park Theatre sold out in San Diego tonight. Really wanted to see these guys

Edit: nevermind! There were magically tickets available again. I'm on my way, Night Vale

Crackwhore Barrel fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 27, 2014

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I'm on line for the San Diego show too.

Boy, there is definitely no mistaking the line for this show.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

Weembles posted:

I'm on line for the San Diego show too.

Boy, there is definitely no mistaking the line for this show.

Gahhh I'm so excited. Did you see the hooded figures in line?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Gahhh I'm so excited. Did you see the hooded figures in line?

I saw people in the hooded figures hoodies.

I also see a man wearing a purple satin shirt with matching headphones. This is the best people watching line ever.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

Lol I was standing right next to that guy. That Asian dude

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Lol I was standing right next to that guy. That Asian dude

Ha! Two ships passing in the night on a sea filled with fourteen year old girls with dyed hair.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

Weembles posted:

Ha! Two ships passing in the night on a sea filled with fourteen year old girls with dyed hair.

Dude seriously. I was not expecting that. I'm 8 rows back in the middle. Ramones shirt and curly brown hair, wave to me, goon!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Dude seriously. I was not expecting that. I'm 8 rows back in the middle. Ramones shirt and curly brown hair, wave to me, goon!

...and neither goon was ever heard from again. They live on, though.

They live on in the Dog Park.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

JohnnyCanuck posted:

If you can call that living... Or even existence.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Amateur Sketch posted:

If you can call that living... Or even existence.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT THE DOG PARK!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Man, the "Missed Connections" page of Night Vale's Craiglist must be insane.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Craigslost.

And whenever anyone outside Night Vale tries to search it they just get 404 errors.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, the "Missed Connections" page of Night Vale's Craiglist must be insane.

You were neither tall nor short, and neither fat nor thin. I saw you across a vacant street where dust swirled above the ground but below the void. I was wearing a tan jacket and carrying a deerskin leather briefcase. You probably don't remember anything about me, but I can't wait to see you again.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

I was spermjacked by a hooded figure. See you in E/N

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
How many different live episodes have there been? Have any been released online yet?

Has the episode with Carlos' new voice been released yet? If so, what was the in-universe explanation for it?

maxnmona posted:

There's less a story delay, and more that we haven't had a chance to mix the recording yet. It should hopefully be out within the next month. God I hope so.

I've fallen behind. Is this episode out yet? If not, is it coming soon?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 28, 2014

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

BiggerJ posted:

How many different live episodes have there been? Have any been released online yet?

Has the episode with Carlos' new voice been released yet? If so, what was the in-universe explanation for it?

I've fallen behind. Is this episode out yet? If not, is it coming soon?

As far as I know there's been Condos, the Mayoral Debate, and the current one touring. The recording of Condos has Carlos' new voice. None of the live episodes have been released yet. There is an in-universe explanation in the recorded version of Condos as noted on Jeffrey's tumblr.

Also having seen both Condos and this tour I really loving want the debate episode and will gladly pay any amount of money to listen to it.

I also can't express enough how sad I am that I can't afford to see the WTNV/TAH crossover at the end of March.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
There was also the One Year Anniversary episode which was recorded live and released as a podcast. Episode 26 I think? Maybe 28?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

CaptainPsyko posted:

There was also the One Year Anniversary episode which was recorded live and released as a podcast. Episode 26 I think? Maybe 28?

25 is One Year Later and was performed live before being recorded for the podcast. The Shape in Grove Park, Wheat and Wheat Byproducts, and The Man in the Tan Jacket were all performed live, though well after their original podcast dates. Some (all?) of them featured different material from the podcast versions, and I know for example the performance of Condos I saw had two segments that have since been used in other episodes of the podcast.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I don't know if it's cool to post this but it exists: someone did record a live show of Condos and it is on Youtube. For personal use, I took the audio from these and spliced them together into one "episode" and put it on Soundcloud, but that was before I knew that it would be released so I won't post that link anywhere and fully intend to buy the episode if given the chance. I am willing to pay absurd sums of money for any and all of the live episodes.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 28, 2014

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Action Yak Police posted:

I don't know if it's cool to post this but it exists: someone did record a live show of Condos and it is on Youtube. For personal use, I took the audio from these and spliced them together into one "episode" and put it on Soundcloud, but that was before I knew that it would be released so I won't post that link anywhere and fully intend to buy the episode if given the chance. I am willing to pay absurd sums of money for any and all of the live episodes.

I happen to have an excellent recording of the Oct 10 shows on this very computer, how absurd are these sums we are talking? I will need enough to be able change my identity and go live in a country where maxnmona can't track me down

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Current likely plan: "Condos" will come out in Feb, "The Debate" in May. These are not promises.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

maxnmona posted:

Current likely plan: "Condos" will come out in Feb, "The Debate" in May. These are not promises.

I thought the mayoral elections were in April? Or I think Cecil said that during the first Debate show in Brooklyn. For some reason I'm thinking April. Obviously I'm wrong about that.

Since votes don't matter, Pamela Winchell for mayor!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

dj_clawson posted:

Is the Mayoral Debate live episode going to air soon? Because story-line-wise it seems like it should, with the mention of Strexcorp it made.

EDIT Tumblr loved the Earl shout-out BTW. Some people are big on drawing him.

maxnmona posted:

There's less a story delay, and more that we haven't had a chance to mix the recording yet. It should hopefully be out within the next month. God I hope so.

maxnmona posted:

dj_clawson posted:

I thought the mayoral elections were in April? Or I think Cecil said that during the first Debate show in Brooklyn. For some reason I'm thinking April. Obviously I'm wrong about that.

Since votes don't matter, Pamela Winchell for mayor!

I'm a little confused. What does Strexcorp have to do with the current storyline (I haven't gotten caught up yet)? Also, if Cecil did indeed say the elections are in April and they can't put up the debate episode before then, Cecil can always say that the council has declared that the calendar is being temporarily set back to another month or something. A problem like this would be unfixable for most fictional universes, but Night Vale is not most fictional universes, though the jury's out on the 'fictional' part.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 29, 2014

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

We have said a few times in the podcast that the elections are in June. Probably not coincidentally, so is our two year anniversary.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

BiggerJ posted:

I'm a little confused. What does Strexcorp have to do with the current storyline (I haven't gotten caught up yet)?
They make a major re-appearance. You'll know more once you've caught up, I don't want to spoil it for you.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I just found out about this about a month ago (I'm lame), and I let my 9 year old listen with me. He made me swear to never listen to it without him, and it's his favorite part of his ride to school. We're up to episode 7.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

maxnmona posted:

We have said a few times in the podcast that the elections are in June. Probably not coincidentally, so is our two year anniversary.

What will you do if you can't release the debate episode before then? Make it a pay-only episode set between other episodes (which I would totally buy, by the way)? Come up with a weird in-universe explanation, possibly involving calendar fuckery by the council or some other group or force, thus redefining June? A contradiction like that in any other series would be difficult or impossible to fix, but in Night Vale, it's just another Monturday.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 30, 2014

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

The Debate will be released before the elections.

Also Jeffrey and I were on Carson Daly tonight. For many time zones, that has already happened. For others, it has not.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

maxnmona posted:

The Debate will be released before the elections.

Also Jeffrey and I were on Carson Daly tonight. For many time zones, that has already happened. For others, it has not.

Unfortunately, Carson Daly's staff doesn't upload clips of everything from every single episode like Conan does. Oh no!

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

maxnmona posted:

For many time zones, that has already happened. For others, it has not.

For others still, it will never happen. We do not speak of these poor souls.

maxnmona, is the creepy poem from the latest episode the one I recall you mentioning on Twitter a while back? Because I was really excited when you were talking about it, and you totally delivered. Such a good episode. I have no clue how things are going to go and it's terrifying and wonderful :)

Haven
Dec 28, 2005

They might just as well've been closed.
I was at the Phoenix show last night, and I'll echo what everyone has said: if you're at all on the fence about going to a live show (and why would you be at this point?) you should definitely GO. It was a ridiculous amount of fun. Cecil has this ability to make you feel like he's looking right at YOU no matter where you're sitting.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
The new episode is amazing. Definite echoes of "cassette" in the conflicting newspaper articles.

I can't help but suspect that the lighthouse is a manifestation of the dark tower. There are a LOT of Dark Tower references and parallels. Strexcorp is even reminiscent of North Central Positronics and the Sombra corporation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

maxnmona, I just wanted to thank you and the other writers for having so many incidental characters be women. I feel like every time I hear a mention of a new one-off character (Director of Tourism, the owners of the ice cream shop from an episode or two ago, etc.) I am pleasantly surprised to hear a woman's name mentioned. Thanks for keeping a realistic proportion of men, women, and of course genderless figures in Night Vale.