Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Gr3y posted:

You're leaving out the single proest General Typhiria kill possible from later on, who's highlight reel includes such great lines as:
"Wait... was that the boss that I just pulled?"
"I don't think I can heal this..."
"I think I'm DC'd... are we winning?" (This was Hedo, our MT.)

Nah, that doesn't qualify as a pro kill, pro kills have a requirement that Alistara be the only one left alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Could I get an invite for Resolution. Spanks!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilentity posted:

Three springs? Wat? Wasnt it deep wood like yesterday? Should i transfer or what. Im not yet in the guild.

E: Also why is this loving loading stuck on entering world 95% of the time...

Do you alt tab while everything is loading? I've noticed it tends to hang up for me at 95% whenever I do that.

e:v I'm aware, but it just seems to hang more when I alt tab than when I don't. Maybe it's just confirmation bias.

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 27, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It "hangs" at 95% for me too, but that progress bar isn't a countdown timer. It's a progress bar.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

Joined as Defiant, name Bupropion. Yes, I do work in psychiatry.

In as Escitalopram, as I'm generally very well tolerated :colbert:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HE KNEW WHAT I MEANT, I DON'T DO THAT ARCHON poo poo!

Yeah necrotic is the archon expert.

Also yes, nobody transfer to three springs right now. Tomorrow we are almost assuredly moving and if you transfer now, then you will have to wait 6 days to catch up to us.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

In as Escitalopram, as I'm generally very well tolerated :colbert:

Oh, well, that's fine and dandy :colbert:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

HE KNEW WHAT I MEANT, I DON'T DO THAT ARCHON poo poo!

Yeah necrotic is the archon expert.

Also yes, nobody transfer to three springs right now. Tomorrow we are almost assuredly moving and if you transfer now, then you will have to wait 6 days to catch up to us.
To a PVP server?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

Oh, well, that's fine and dandy :colbert:

Actually now that I think about it, my actual name is from the pharmacopia as well: Rohypnotist.

DRUGS

DRUGS EVERYWHERE

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Are we going back to Deepwood? One of my friends, also a goon, wants to try the game again. I am not sure where to tell her to roll.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

fenix down posted:

To a PVP server?

That's never going to happen.

Deepwood is not open to transfers, so no, we can't go back to Deepwood.

Here are the options being considered, please weigh in if you have a strong opinion:

- Move to Hailol. It's the new shard, but I've heard it's been filling up pretty well. It puts us back on cluster 1 with faeblight's cross shard events and seastone's pvp.

- Move to shatterbone/wolfsbane. These are pve shards on our current cluster, but would possibly be more populated than 3springs. I was kind of surprised that Wolfsbane was open to transfer, they must have had some defections.

- Stay where we are.

Guards
Dec 30, 2006

Should you be here?
Should you be doing that?
Giving it a shot again, enjoying it so far. In as Guards.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Eltoasto posted:

Here are the options being considered, please weigh in if you have a strong opinion:

- Move to Hailol. It's the new shard, but I've heard it's been filling up pretty well. It puts us back on cluster 1 with faeblight's cross shard events and seastone's pvp.

- Move to shatterbone/wolfsbane. These are pve shards on our current cluster, but would possibly be more populated than 3springs. I was kind of surprised that Wolfsbane was open to transfer, they must have had some defections.

- Stay where we are.

I have characters on Shatterbone and it always has a high population when I log in.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eltoasto posted:

- Stay where we are.

I haven't been impressed with this cluster in general. I know it's better for the random pvp matches, but I don't do those. What I DO do is join crossevents and while its gotten better, its still pretty horrible IMHO.

Alternately, I'm concerned about Hailol because it does seem to sometimes fill up (although it can't be that bad if they are allowing xfers?)

I definitely DO NOT want to stay on Threesprings. While I appreciate the stupid economy, I also hate it.

ETA: I'd much rather go back to Cluster 1.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 27, 2013

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just started (in as Settra by the way), what does this mean for me? Should I reroll on a new server or is a transfer available to new players?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

acumen posted:

I just started (in as Settra by the way), what does this mean for me? Should I reroll on a new server or is a transfer available to new players?

Every player can transfer for free every 7 days. The only requirement is to be level 15, and you can always follow the guild a day or two later if need be.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Every player can transfer for free every 7 days. The only requirement is to be level 15, and you can always follow the guild a day or two later if need be.

Stampyyy, remember that guild transfers bypass limits, so if one of the guild owners has a character still in Deepwood we can transfer back there, I think.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

deimos posted:

Stampyyy, remember that guild transfers bypass limits, so if one of the guild owners has a character still in Deepwood we can transfer back there, I think.

I still have Wampert on deepwood. I could transfer my character there, but it's kinda dicey to assume that the guild would be able to transfer and everyone who wants to be with us will be able to transfer.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Does Deepwood have queues?

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
Requesting an invite for Anteater.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

DO NOT TRANSFER US

We'll lose any FT and EE instance until next Wednesday.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Cluster 2's level of competition in warfronts and CQ is a shitload lower than cluster 1's, where friend listing premades to avoid them was actually a thing. On cluster 2, I finished my warfront weekly in under 2 hours yesterday. This is good or bad depending on how much you like kicking actual babies. CQ rarely fills to capacity and a half-full but organized raid wins virtually every time. Something we could have fun with on cluster 2 if anybody wanted to actually organize - on cluster 1 that same group would get rolled by the blob that is nightfall.

My preference would be a higher pop shard on cluster 2. A lot of people are quick to hand-wave away pvp, but it's one of the most popular things in the game and shouldn't be completely ignored.

Just wanted to get some different opinions out there.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I like fighting Seastone people and I only really care about Warfronts, back to cluster uno.

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
I've just hit 50 on my main Cleric - thank goodness for that Energizer levelling spec! What should I put my Planar Attunement points into? A bit overwhelmed with choice.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Given that having decent warfront competition is the great compromise for pvp players (so that we don't have to be on a pvp server and have pave events be balls), if we can do a transfer back to deepwood that might be good. However, is there any way for people to get in the guild not on deepwood and then be able to transfer in? I know part of e reason we moved out was because people couldn't transfer in, so it would be foolish to have that come up again.

Edit: I am retarded, hailol gets my vote

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 28, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

DO NOT TRANSFER US

We'll lose any FT and EE instance until next Wednesday.

If that's the case, at the very least let's wait until after Monday so we can get some attempts in on Twins or Progenitor or whatever we decide to try. Last night gave me the raiding bug again, I want to die horribly to some bosses while Mandulis yells at all of us for being terrible.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Bussamove posted:

If that's the case, at the very least let's wait until after Monday so we can get some attempts in on Twins or Progenitor or whatever we decide to try. Last night gave me the raiding bug again, I want to die horribly to some bosses while Mandulis yells at all of us for being terrible.

My info is from the horse's mouth.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

IDOLA posted:

I've just hit 50 on my main Cleric - thank goodness for that Energizer levelling spec! What should I put my Planar Attunement points into? A bit overwhelmed with choice.

Energizer spec?

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)

Magus42 posted:

Energizer spec?

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/

This one. Slap macro, things melt.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Thanks; Cleric has been the hardest for me to work on as I hadn't found a great spec yet.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eltoasto posted:

- Stay where we are.

Hailol, gently caress this cluster.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Eltoasto posted:

:siren: Also yes, nobody transfer to three springs right now. Tomorrow we are almost assuredly moving and if you transfer now, then you will have to wait 6 days to catch up to us.:siren:

This information deserves siren treatment.

edit: also

quote:

**You will lose any progress in a saved dungeon or instance by transferring shards and will not be able to progress until the weekly reset every Wednesday.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 28, 2013

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Hailol. This cluster is completely dead outside of prime time.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Eltoasto posted:

- Stay where we are.

I'm fine with Hailol, or really any high pop pve server. Also, Hailol seems to have the highest pops from what I have been able to find: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/Hailol/

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm fine with Hailol, or really any high pop pve server. Also, Hailol seems to have the highest pops from what I have been able to find: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/Hailol/
gently caress yeah, queues own.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How's rogues viability in melee vs ranged combat? Playing harbinger has made me realize I kind of like melee more than I thought I would and sneakthief assholes have always appealed to me. I also tend to like melee better than ranged and the mobility of Riftstalker sounds kind of cool. While I can stomach ranged combat if it's absolutely necessary, I loving hate pet classes. :v: Can't stand not being the star of the show.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

anthonypants posted:

gently caress yeah, queues own.

I'd rather have queues and people to play with once I get in than instant access to a relatively low pop server.

Also, I expect we will see the queues continue to taper off over time, so getting on a high pop server now makes sense.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I vote Hailol if we can't go back to Deepwood.

Regards,

A person who paid for Patron

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Please invite Kavinsky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Wangsbig posted:

Please invite Kavinsky.

Guild invites sent to all that posted between quoted goon and my previous catchup of guild invites.

• Locked thread