Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Jerkface posted:

The shotgun could be good if hitting R1 fires it super fast, could be a good oh poo poo button.

Yeah, hit middle mouse and it fires off the shotgun would make it quite useful without you having to transition, only two more weeks until we find out (Unless there's another leak).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

automaticswim posted:

Spotted the scrub. IQ kicks rear end and I run as her more often than not, now.

I take that to mean you've bowed out of bigboy games and have retreated into T-hunt? :smugdog:

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
:iceburn:

i like her guns :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Since we didn't get a trap with a live bear in it can we get a Brazilian defender with a trap full of poisonous snakes?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

BadLlama posted:

Since we didn't get a trap with a live bear in it can we get a Brazilian defender with a trap full of poisonous snakes?

Blowdart gun that temporarily makes you see all player characters as enemies :allears:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

How about an airbag mine that can be used to prank your friends or shoot yourself up through a drop down?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

VulgarandStupid posted:

But sledge can do this already. The Mac11 has faster TTL than most ARs and can take an acog. Plus he still gets the hammer which takes out castle doors.

Sledge can't blow a hole in a wall from a different room. And before you say "well Ash can do that" she only has 2 breaching rounds. This will presumably have more ammo and also be better at killing people on the other side of the wall.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Underwhelmed by the new ops. I wonder how big, noisy and obvious the 'welcome mat' will be. Let me guess it'll probably make a beeping sound and get destroyed by a single bullet.

And the other ops ability is a shotgun. Wow! :negative:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If the trap can only be destroyed by explosives it might be good.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I hope it is really discreet and is well hidden under razor wire. And can be electrified. Yeah, try to grab the hostage and run, good luck going anywhere!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hopefully the bear trap can be deployed as a trap instead of just being hyper razor wire.

It'd be cool to attach it to a wall and have someone trip it and see it scream across the room at somebody.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

BadLlama posted:

If the trap can only be destroyed by explosives it might be good.

That is what I was thinking/hoping as well, otherwise it's just kind of a different Kapkan. I like his weapons, I just wish he was more useful on ranked matches. Situationally aware players don't run into those things. At best he's kind of useful just to minorly inconveinence the attackers and make them waste an extra second or two. Smoke's far better at that and his guns are better. I kind of feel that you can always get someone more useful than Kapkan on ranked defense.

Also I spent some time trying to play pulse yesterday and that thing is just kind of a pain in the rear end unless you have a very well coordinated team. It only sees through one wall yeah?

so is there a comprehensive list/guide anywhere for ranked team compisitions and strategy? Rook + Doc, Castle + mute, etc etc I know are good pairs.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

The Duggler posted:

Hopefully the bear trap can be deployed as a trap instead of just being hyper razor wire.

It'd be cool to attach it to a wall and have someone trip it and see it scream across the room at somebody.

I assume the utility of the welcome mat trap is the same as Kapkans, except instead of doorways and windows you get walls, floor and ceiling. End result is that you still kill nobody with them and they are pointless, but they do have to take an additional 1 to 2 seconds to spot it and destroy it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

THE MACHO MAN posted:

That is what I was thinking/hoping as well, otherwise it's just kind of a different Kapkan. I like his weapons, I just wish he was more useful on ranked matches. Situationally aware players don't run into those things. At best he's kind of useful just to minorly inconveinence the attackers and make them waste an extra second or two. Smoke's far better at that and his guns are better. I kind of feel that you can always get someone more useful than Kapkan on ranked defense.

Also I spent some time trying to play pulse yesterday and that thing is just kind of a pain in the rear end unless you have a very well coordinated team. It only sees through one wall yeah?

so is there a comprehensive list/guide anywhere for ranked team compisitions and strategy? Rook + Doc, Castle + mute, etc etc I know are good pairs.

I was wondering if putting a kapkan trap on both side of a door would trick anyone. Oh look at this idiot putting his kapkan on this side. Heh, I'll just blow it up and go through this do-BOOM.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Pulse's device has a range of 10m, doesn't care about walls. I like using it in a few specific spots where you can see someone through a wall and know where to shoot them.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
If you can place it discretely on the ground just inside of windows, it could be useful in stalling attackers for a moment. How often do you take a second to look down and check the floor under the far side of a window before you vault/swing though it?
Oops now your leg has a live bear chomping on your ankle. (That's how bear traps work, right?)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That deployable shield exploit can be used to entirely block off the doors leading into the vault on Bank. Real pain in the rear end when you're out of breaching rounds or grenades.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's a hard one to get Google results on. I assume that any skins I apply to my weapons aren't seen by the opposing team, correct? I can get as garish as I want without overly standing out?

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQcl0BDEAw

Just another upload from a game with goons.
We got slaughtered the first two rounds, but we somehow managed to turn poo poo around.

I'll say it's probably thanks to lohli taking the lead and not banzai-running with sledge through the whole map like he usually does.
Am I right, lohli?

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bGEi1R6Zc
Also, here you go lohli, forgot about this one.

Schnugaf fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 20, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Based on the descriptions, I'm fairly sure the bear trap will just down anyone that walks into them. And they're entirely mechanical, which means no LED, no beeps, not EMPable, and no signal on IQ's gadget. Also I assume the time to change to the underbarrel shotgun is quicker than switching between the SMG11 and 590, as the usage will be largely the same.

Mostly hyped to skin that BHP.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

ireladd posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it's a hard one to get Google results on. I assume that any skins I apply to my weapons aren't seen by the opposing team, correct? I can get as garish as I want without overly standing out?

The skins you apply to your weapons are visible by everyone.

Do not be ashamed of your flower skin.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Hmmm, just had my uplay account temporarily stolen by Russians, I haven't used it with anything uplay associated besides the uplay website and the recent Tom Clancy humble bundle.

oh fantastic he deleted my entire friends list!

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 20, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The weedflower skin makes my SMG11 look fabulous.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
It's cool that there's no way to use two factor authentication for uplay.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ghetto wormhole posted:

Hmmm, just had my uplay account temporarily stolen by Russians, I haven't used it with anything uplay associated besides the uplay website and the recent Tom Clancy humble bundle.

oh fantastic he deleted my entire friends list!

Congrats on using an old and compromised password. I'm guessing you were able to retrieve your account. Hilariously, Rockstar allowed you to change your account retrieval email without any additional type of authentication. I'm guessing Uplay did a little better.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

VulgarandStupid posted:

Congrats on using an old and compromised password. I'm guessing you were able to retrieve your account. Hilariously, Rockstar allowed you to change your account retrieval email without any additional type of authentication. I'm guessing Uplay did a little better.

Sorry I don't change my passwords every three months like a good boy :( My email password is very strong and unique though.

Still loving retarded that they don't have two factor auth in TYOOL 2016.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of Russians, has anyone playing west coast at night got put in a group full of laggy Russians?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
~Browning HP I could just die~

Holy fuuuuck this is the most fun I've had playing an MP shooter in years. I guess the best complaint I can muster is that playing Sledge feels like you stole the best poo poo out of the team locker and ran ahead of everyone?

Anyway console is fun as hell, even if we don't have pixel perfect mouse aiming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JftDZysizqg
(only droned up cause I already knew he was in that alcove and wanted to make sure he was still there. risky but worth ittttttt)

Hard posted:

Personally i like keeping the HUD as light as possible but theres always room for improvement and the OP names in the scoreboard couldn't hurt. As for the map/mode it will be shown in every loading screen don't worry.
For the ingame indicator i tend to agree with whoknew since "grab", "secure" or "defuse" is on your HUD but i won't act as a filter. I said i would forward the feedback and i'll do it.

On PS4: Please give us an option to hide the bottom HUD element with the button prompts-- I've already remapped half of them anyway. (Even better would be full in-game controller remapping, so sprint/melee doesn't have to be tied to lean left/right)

:mrgw: Can't wait for hardcore mode with no HUD at all :mrgw:

Also this bug was pretty rad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ScprnWsYvE
full bug

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I think this game could easily take over as the top competitive shooter with a few major tweaks.

1) Anti-Cheat: number of cheaters I've seen over 70 hours is high, and I've never seen a ban happen.

2) Replay system : Hackusations have the possibility to turn the community toxic.

3) Headshot rebalancing : full auto spray is rewarded over controlled fire. Hitboxes are also an issue here.

4) Stats Transparency : in game damage stats tell you nothing, same with armor / speed.

I would also salivate over the possibility of having dedicated servers but I doubt that will ever happen.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Non-custom games are already on dedicated servers.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Non-custom games are already on dedicated servers.

Didn't think this was the case with how many laggy players I've encountered, although I suppose that's a side effect of letting people choose their own data center. It fits seen like the laggier you are the greater your advantage is.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Full auto weapons exist for a reason. The game suitably awards headshots (you die instead of getting downed, you can die to 1-2 hits, etc). Not everything needs to use Counterstrike's "Everything after the first round fired is a joke, headshots only" mechanic, especially if you're trying to make a true tactical shooter.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zaodai posted:

especially if you're trying to make a true tactical shooter.

Is this a joke post?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Zaodai posted:

Full auto weapons exist for a reason. The game suitably awards headshots (you die instead of getting downed, you can die to 1-2 hits, etc). Not everything needs to use Counterstrike's "Everything after the first round fired is a joke, headshots only" mechanic, especially if you're trying to make a true tactical shooter.

Burst fire and single fire exist for a reason too, but you'll never see them used in this game. Having a headshot do 90 wouldn't change encounters where recoil drifts your aim from torso up, but it would change wild sprays being rewarded. Also you can't die in 1-2 hits, even the lowest armor is a 4 bullets to kill to the torso I think. Right now headshots feel more like random crits than they do skilled aim.

Edit: also instant dead headshots by small caliber weapons from a mile away to the head on someone whose face is covered by ballistic glass makes no sense whatsoever, especially in a tactical shooter.

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 21, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't care about any of these important concerns. Can the Browning HP have a shoulder stock attachment please?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr.Citrus posted:

Right now headshots feel more like random crits than they do skilled aim.

Edit: also instant dead headshots by small caliber weapons from a mile away to the head on someone whose face is covered by ballistic glass makes no sense whatsoever, especially in a tactical shooter.

Yeah, this. The headshots working how they do with this game's damage model make zero sense, and they should be doing like 1.2 times the damage of a normal shot.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

I love the headshot stuff, and I feel like it's one of the unique things about the game that makes me like it.

Getting into a 1-1 gunfight in this game where your opponent isn't either off-balance in some way or not facing you is not optimal. The game rewards situational awareness, tactics, planning, and surprise over just gunfighting ability. The headshot stuff enforces this, because if you have a moment to aim at someone you have just as good a chance of killing them as they do you.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Finally got the game on PC at a discount on Amazon after playing the beta and enjoying it. Now I just have to wait for it to get here because Amazon only discounted the physical copies :negative:

Orv
May 4, 2011
The moment you invoke random crits as a bad thing I can't take you seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

whoknew posted:

The game rewards situational awareness, tactics, planning, and surprise over just gunfighting ability.

Except instant dead headshots don't reward this at all. If I sneak up on someone and put three rounds in their back and they wild fire hip spay in reaction and get a headshot should they be rewarded for that?

For reference, I'm 1.75 kdr so I'm not terrible and that exact situation has happened to me too many times, and it feels like bullshit each time.

Orv posted:

The moment you invoke random crits as a bad thing I can't take you seriously.

Random crits don't work in competitive shooters, see tf2 for example.

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 21, 2016

• Locked thread