Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

roboshit posted:

dollar per oz and worth it

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol $ an oz. pray your never come to norway, friends

i went to a craft beer bar where my friend works tonight and had two draught beers, 0.4l and 0.33l. i paid 250 NOK, or about 32 USD

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
in snobby beer bars here, you can easily pay $10-15 for a craft bottle, or like a 4oz pour of some super fancy beer and clear that price easily.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

lol $ an oz. pray your never come to norway, friends

it’s chill just do like the Finns and brew kilju

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

in snobby beer bars here, you can easily pay $10-15 for a craft bottle, or like a 4oz pour of some super fancy beer and clear that price easily.

That's nice but in Norway and other Nordic countries that's the price for regular old draft lager.

Imagine paying $15 for a Heineken.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bulgakov posted:

make it good beer not bad beer

it wasnt that good... but not bad either. ill try again.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spankmeister posted:

That's nice but in Norway and other Nordic countries that's the price for regular old draft lager.

Imagine paying $15 for a Heineken.

lol. thats even more expensive than the finance bro expat areas of hong kong & singapore.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

roboshit posted:

http://www.epicbrewing.com/the-beers/exponential-series/item/7472-big-bad-baptista

hadn’t heard of these guys before but had this recently. whisky barrel aged and a dollar per oz and worth it

lol my favorite bar has that on tap and its nowhere near that price

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

been crushing the whiskey and gingers lately and it's becoming A Problem

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if it’s a Problem you should taper and not just stop outright, you don’t want to deal withdrawal

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol my favorite bar has that on tap and its nowhere near that price

yeah I go to this upscale hipster bar and probably do get ripped off a lot but they have a way better selection and experience than anywhere else nearby

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

*stumbles into alcoholic thread* gently caress you roboshit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skim Milk posted:

*stumbles into alcoholic thread* gently caress you roboshit

I drank too kinds of whiskey and chugged Sierra Nevada tonight

Lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
enjoying a nice dry hopped pilsner from the brewery down the road

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
writers tears

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

editor spotted

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

drinkin a karbach rodeo clown double IPA with a cigar while grillin steaks. spring break bitch

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
current drink status

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a sour beer and it was good and now i might rethink my whole beer strategy to include sours

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
sours are good

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Agile Vector posted:

had a sour beer and it was good

having a hard time believing this :thunk:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ikr? it smelled like halitosis and looked a bit like a sickly pils but it was the right amount of tart and almost a hit of sweet followed by a mellow sour and a cleanish tail

changed my whole view, bit of a shame it was the lone one on the board hiding in the corner from trendy ipas

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Agile Vector posted:

had a sour beer and it was good and now i might rethink my whole beer strategy to include sours

They're good, but you gotta be careful because once they start the souring process it doesn't stop. If you get one that's old or from a bar that doesn't sell a lot of sours its going to taste like one of those novelty sour candies.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

They're good, but you gotta be careful because once they start the souring process it doesn't stop. If you get one that's old or from a bar that doesn't sell a lot of sours its going to taste like one of those novelty sour candies.

this is partially true but depends on the style and method used to sour the beer. if they are throwing in lactobacillus (for example) you can get some very off putting beers or beers that explode randomly/when you open them. this can happen unintentionally to any beer if it gets infected but a lot of american sours are brewed this way.

spontaneously fermented beers like lambics often become more tart/sour over time but this is usually a positive and old lambic can sell for lots of $. another example is the case where saisons are brewed traditionally but then aged in oak that has wild microflora hanging in it that will slowly turn the saison more and more tart/sour over time but again this is usually viewed as a positive (to a point).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

saisons and sours and general farmhouse beers are abominable

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Captain Foo posted:

insanely bad and wrong, and yes, i know not to sign my posts, thank u

- a big bitch idiot

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Captain Foo posted:

a saison shouldn't be very sour

if it's sour we call it "spoiled"

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

lots of real bad opinions flying around here. tart saisons are the only saisons worth drinking.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
sours are good imo but my experience is that only belgians can do them right

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

I understand how beer works

Saisons are garbage beer

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

all beer is good beer. all booze is good booze

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i think these are all styles that can be good, the trouble is they are also incredibly easy to gently caress up. in terms of sour as a flavor there is a fine line between "tasty" and "oh god something has gone horrible wrong". saisons are kinda weird though, there seems to be such a tremendous variety inherent to the style that i honestly cant even say what the hell a saison really is. i've had some saisons that taste like almost nothing, others that are bizarrely hoppy, a few that were pretty good, and recently one that tasted more like an ordinary belgian golden ale than anything else. idk.

also agreeing with this:

ommegang actually put out a really good one recently, pale sour. surprisingly affordable and pretty tasty. but while ommegang is american they are owned by duvel and the pale sour was developed by a guy in belgium so welp there ya go

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

counterpoint https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35996/237574/

on the other end of the spectrum, poo poo like this exists:

basically distilled sour patch kids :barf:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

i think these are all styles that can be good, the trouble is they are also incredibly easy to gently caress up. in terms of sour as a flavor there is a fine line between "tasty" and "oh god something has gone horrible wrong". saisons are kinda weird though, there seems to be such a tremendous variety inherent to the style that i honestly cant even say what the hell a saison really is. i've had some saisons that taste like almost nothing, others that are bizarrely hoppy, a few that were pretty good, and recently one that tasted more like an ordinary belgian golden ale than anything else. idk.

also agreeing with this:

ommegang actually put out a really good one recently, pale sour. surprisingly affordable and pretty tasty. but while ommegang is american they are owned by duvel and the pale sour was developed by a guy in belgium so welp there ya go

Tldr but I'm p sure correct saisons just have a bunch of poo poo your horse sweated out in them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drank some beers tonight, almost all ipas

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SO DEMANDING posted:

ommegang as a brewery in general is pretty solid

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

OldAlias posted:

someone has obviously never tried genuine Tarkhuna from the Georgian SSR

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

OldAlias posted:

my man, can i interest you in some north korean absinthe mushroom liquor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun