Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This question should have an obvious answer but Ruggan did you guard me last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d vote dragon too. I think I said why yesterday.

Sure ##vote dragon

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CapitalistPig posted:

None of this says ruggan can't be scum to me.

Am I missing something?

the other posts that exist that you denied the existence of.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

the other posts that exist that you denied the existence of.

What exactly are you smoking?

I said none of that makes me think ruggan can't be scum.

Not that the posts didn't exist.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CapitalistPig posted:

lol what content?

That one time dmboogie voted ruggan?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Why are you being purposely obtuse?

You said "these posts pig"

Which I read and indicated didn't change my feelings about ruggan and asked if there was something additional, you know, like beyond those posts, that I was missing.

Which you responded too by saying that I missed those posts that you literally just showed me that I responded to.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

No, I was just showing you posts. The "Am I missing something?" after a dismissal indicated to me that you knew of them already which apparently you didn't.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

No, I was just showing you posts. The "Am I missing something?" after a dismissal indicated to me that you knew of them already which apparently you didn't.

That one time dmboogie voted ruggan doesn't mean that one exact post only. It means the whole series of things leading to that vote as well.

Like is this dumb poo poo really what you want to focus on right now?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

For someone who was copped at the beginning of D3 that's quite a bit of content on one player and dismissing it as "lol what content" when he's the only flipped scum we can look at is a bit overly flippant idk. I don't really want to fight with you though I'd already ended the conversation with my last post I thought.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

For someone who was copped at the beginning of D3 that's quite a bit of content on one player and dismissing it as "lol what content" when he's the only flipped scum we can look at is a bit overly flippant idk. I don't really want to fight with you though I'd already ended the conversation with my last post I thought.

It means nothing though, it's not a lot of content. It's null tell bs that doesn't mean anything about ruggans alignment at all because it's wifomy.

You should no me well enough to know that the conversation end when I want it too because I'm the boss.

:dealwithit:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Those posts don't clear Ruggan by any means, mithross was also hard-bussing crazyeyes yesterday after all, but earlier in the game such bussing/distancing from dmboogie seems a bit less likely to me. I think Ruggan's not the best vote for today, though I haven't formed a strong opinion on who is yet.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean tbh like I said, recently I'd rather vote dragon anyway.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Let us vote the dragon and have them come to beseech us for mercy, baring themself before us.

##vote dragon

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

CapitalistPig posted:

I've actually been thinking about this the past few minutes. Something about the way dragon is playing isn't sitting well with me.

This is a bus.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

This is a bus.

nah

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote dragon

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's -1 btw, feels weird but it's true.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Alright, I'd say 2 votes with a couple more people expressing interest is a good time to claim. Not claim in full, because there's a couple aspects that would be bad for the real scum to know but if that risk ends up being worth it, then sure. But for now:

I'm a compulsive Doctor. I have to protect someone every night, but there are restrictions on who I can and cannot protect. That's the part I'm leaving out for now if that's alright. N1 I protected AA, N2 I protected Hum, N3 I tried and failed to protect E+ and N4 I protected Ixt. I also have an OPG that's basically an extended Hide; at night I can choose to leave for an in-game day and come back at the start of the day two days later. I didn't feel the need to use it early on, and now it's basically unusable without risking a premature LYLO.

Now that I'm amped, I have a one-shot resurrection. It takes a bit to kick-in, so if my death would end the game before then it'll still end before I can rez. It happens at the start of the day after I die, so if i die now or tonight then I pop back up at the start of tomorrow. Naturally, my first death with this is flipless but I'm not sure how much that part'll matter now. There's also a second part to this that I unfortunately have to hold back on for now, just in case.

previewedit:

Oh, it's -1 now. Sure, okay, change of plans since there's no point withholding anything then. My protection has no effect on people with my pantheon (Shinto; I'm Ame-no-Uzume-no-mikoto). E+ died because this runs both ways, unfortunately. I cannot protect people with my pantheon (including myself), nor can I protect from people with my pantheon.

My resurrection also revives one person who's still flipless at random. Thanks to Nep clearing out almost all of them already, that leaves Mr Steak as the only one left for it. So if I die today or tonight, unless someone else ends up being flipless as well in the interim, he'll be back tomorrow as well.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
gonna ##unvote while we absorb this claim

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

It sounds like you're saying we should kill you tbh.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It might be the wisest option to go through with it since the flavor claim happened. If the other scum team has a mechanic like trickster to do a bigger than usual kill leaving dragon alive at this point could lose us an opportunity

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Pig is my big scum feel. The mastermind. The Grim Architect.

##vote pig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Daammnnn, no point in withholding my bullshit anymore.

I auto revive every 2 full days.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Pig is my big scum feel. The mastermind. The Grim Architect.

##vote pig

look at this guy, coasting along through the game flying under the radar.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Daammnnn, no point in withholding my bullshit anymore.

I auto revive every 2 full days.

and then claim for no reason.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Amplified is every 1 day

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

look at this guy, coasting along through the game flying under the radar.

I've no excuse, I'm a deplorable filth, a greasy dork, but not scum... like you, most likely.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

and then claim for no reason.

Because we got a crazy reviver doctor. Im saying no need to protect me. I live, I die, I live again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
uh huh

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Ixtlilton posted:

It sounds like you're saying we should kill you tbh.

Yep. If we're wrong, we lose the doc, which is sad, but we get back someone we know isn't aligned with the team we're hunting.

I'm okay with that trade if it happens.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote dragon

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

##Philosopher's Stone merk

While I still can.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote dragon

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Dragonatrix (5): Amnistar, merk, Ixtlilton, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Nep-Nep, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (2): merk, Ruggan, merk, Anomalous Amalgam
Ruggan (1): merk, Dragonatrix, merk
peramene (0): peramene, peramene
merk (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): peramene

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 21st, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

A grimace. This was a mistake, right? Dragonatrix has fallen, but:
    code:
    Dragonatrix's role remains unrevealed.
    Wait.

A flash of light tears away the mist, and...!

Dragonatrix was:
    code:
    Uzume, Japanese Goddess of the Dawn, a Doctor turned Eternal Light!
    You shuffle off, prepared for another night of uncertainty, but as you turn to leave, you see their form start to stretch and warp, tearing at itself, twisting into and over and through itself until you have no choice but to look away.

Even turned away, even staring in the wrong direction, you still see something shatter.

Dragonatrix's form seems to ripple and burst, and the illusion ends.

In the end, Dragonatrix was actually:

code:
    Izanami, Japanese Goddess of the Underworld, a Godmother turned Haunt!

IZANAMI Role PM posted:

You are a member of the death gods, alongside Hel and Hades.

Each night, in your confessional or the death chat, choose a player to protect. That player will be protected from kills. You may not target a member of the death gods, including yourself.

Non-visit-based investigations will show you to be Uzume, Goddess of the Dawn, Town Doctor. [Note: an oracle, if one exists, would be able to get through this power.] Phrased less rigidly, you are a godfather, but your powers work on all cops, not just alignment cops.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Haunt, and the first time you die in the game, you instead return to the game at the start of the next day. Further: your false amplified role name shown on investigation will now be Eternal Light.

You are a member of the death gods, and you win when there is no way your team would not reach and maintain majority!

You are satisfied, but...what's this?

Finally, you understand everything.

SEE NEXT POST.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

There is a sense of peace around you; something horrid has vanished, and the very worlds are crying out in joy. The battlefield falls silent.

It seems that the last of your foes was already among the dead.

Mr. Steak's body appears, ethereal, and you see that he was...!

code:
    Hades, Greek God of the Afterlife, a Nullifier!

HADES Role PM posted:

You are a member of the death gods, alongside dmboogie and Dragonatrix.

Each night, in your confessional or the death chat, choose a player: that player will be roleblocked.

If you are visited at night, that visitor will be roleblocked. This will cease if and when you are the last living member of your team.

You may not conduct the team kill unless you are the last team player alive.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Necromancer, and at night, you may now conduct an additional kill instead of your roleblock. This kill will appear to any info roles as having been committed by any one currently dead player, or by a nameless skeleton if no other player is dead.

You are a member of the death gods, and you win when there is no way your team would not reach and maintain majority!

Your provided fakeclaim is Ares, Greek God of War, Town Nullifier.

And with the fall of the last Death God, you learn:

Death Scum Team Mechanics posted:

You have a team nightkill. Hel must use it, and if she is dead, Izanami must use it, and only if she is dead may Hades use it.

Each night, one of you may, with near-maximum priority, temporarily die, being resurrected 2 day cycles later at the start of the day in question (ex: use this on N1, you will reappear start of D4).

You will not flip on temporary death unless specifically requested. You may continue communicating with your team during this time, and will not be added to deadchat. While one of you is “dead”, you may not use this mechanic.

After half of the game has died, you collectively gain one stack of AMPLIFICATION, and must decide who among you will be granted this power. If there is no consensus, it will be given randomly.

These mechanics will only be revealed to the public upon the death of the entire team.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"What now?" speaks AmnistarRaijin. "What comes next?"

"I am uncertain," replies IxtiltonHecate. "This is not my end."

"I think," says Anomalous AmalgamApepOsiris, "we should leave that decision to the deities of this plane."

"I agree," concurs merkIsis. "This is not our world."

"It is only right," affirms Nep-NepArtemis. "Even if I am, I admit, uncertain how to return home."

"That is a rather interesting problem," RugganIzanagi comments. "Very much so."

The last two are silent, quickly sharing a glance, then nodding in concert.

"My friends," perameneThor says with a smile, "what happens next is simple!"

"Simple, but profound," continues Capitalist PigTyr. "The world begins anew, free of death and deceit."

All the myriad divinities stare into the distance, watching as the world itself seems to waver.

From all around you, you hear delighted laughter.

"Well, well," Jen Xthe three creatures responsible for this whole mess speak in concert, "I see you've all done better than the Norse alone would have. We're very happy with how this turned out, but to be honest, we're tired of seeing you suffer. Well done, and good game, everyone!"

With a wave of the animal tricksters' hands, all but Tyr and Thor feel themselves floating, then yanked forwards.

You feel yourselves launching forwards, a sense of familiarity dawning as you speed back towards your various original worlds.

A final wink accompanies you on your way.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

:siren: Congratulations, town! You win! :siren:

[SEE NEXT POST FOR ALL UNREVEALED ROLE PMs]

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Role PMs:

code:
Artemis, Greek Goddess of the Hunt, a Desperado turned Huntress!

ARTEMIS Role PM posted:

Beginning on the third day, you may publicly (in-thread) attempt to ##Hunt: [Player], which will target them with a desperado day kill. (This means that if your target is town, you will be killed; if they are non-town, they will be killed.) This will not end the day.

If you would die during the day or night, you instead die at the start of the next day.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Huntress, you obtain a one-shot bulletproof (not an extra life), and you will gain an extra desperado charge for each successful desperado kill. This applies retroactively (i.e. you obtain an extra kill if you have already successfully expended the shot.)

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

code:
Hecate, Greek Goddess of Magic, a Wizard turned Font of Magic!

HECATE Role PM posted:

Each night, you may choose one of the following actions, as well as a target for said action: Investigate, Follow, View, Guard, Commune, Empower, Warp, Envenom, or Sleep. The effects of the action used will only be known to you after you use it, and you may not re-use any actions.

While you live, if all other town players have died at the beginning of the day or beginning of the night, town wins.

When you die, you may choose a player: their character name will be publicly revealed.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Font of Magic, and your one-use actions may each be used an additional time.

You are a member of the town, and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated!

code:
Thor, Norse God of Lightning, an Amplidoctor!

THOR Role PM posted:

Each night, you may choose a player other than yourself by indicating such in your confessional channel. You protect them from any kills occurring after your protection (priority-wise).

On even-numbered nights (e.g. Night 2, Night 4, etc.) instead of protecting someone, you may instead amplify a target other than yourself.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Overcharger, the timing restriction for your amplification powers disappears, and you may kill a target at night instead of your other actions.

code:
Tyr, Norse God of Justice, a Judge turned Justicar!

TYR Role PM posted:

Each day, if there would be a no-lynch, you instead decide the target in your confessional channel.

You are unlynchable, and if you are lynched, you instead, in your confessional channel, choose a different player: they are lynched instead.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Justicar, and while you live, the game has two lynches per day. This will be done via successive, not simultaneous, votes.
(Mostly because votefinder doesn't support double executions and I don't wanna have to micromanage the dang vote totals!)

code:
Isis, Egyptian Goddess of Creation, an Amplifier!

ISIS Role PM posted:

Each night, in your confessional channel, you may target a player other than yourself to amplify: they will be Amplified.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Imagineer, and each night, in addition to amplifying your target, you may gift them a one-shot doc or one-shot vig ability.

code:
Osiris, Egyptian God of Rebirth, an Undying Miller!

OSIRIS Role PM posted:

If you die, you will reappear at the start of the day 2 cycles past the current one. (e.g. if you die D1 or N1, you reappear at the start of D4). You do not flip on death.

If you are investigated by an investigative role, you will appear as Apep, Egyptian God of Chaos, a Serial Killer, with their investigation results commensurate to such.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Immortal, you cease to be viewed as Apep, and, if you die, you return to life 1 day cycle after death (rather than 2).

code:
Izanagi, Japanese God of Life, a Guardian!

IZANAGI Role PM posted:

Each night, in your confessional channel, choose a player: you will protect them from death, but if they would die, you die instead.

Once per game, you may, at night, become immortal. For that night, and for the next day, you cannot die.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Bulwark, and you obtain a oneshot lightning rod power, allowing you to, at night, direct all actions towards yourself.

Additionally, if you have already become immortal, that oneshot power is refreshed and can be used once more.

code:
Raijin, Japanese God of Thunder, a Storm Mason turned Thunderbolt!

RAIJIN Role PM posted:

You are masons with Mr. Humalong, who is confirmed to be town-aligned and possessing the role of “Fujin, Japanese God of Wind”.

Each night, in your masonry, the two of you will collectively decide which of you will obtain a stack of bulletproof for the night (equivalent to being protected by a doctor). This is not a targeting power.

If you are Amplified:

Your role name becomes Thunderbolt, and at night, whichever of you does not obtain the BP stack will instead become a death-vig, meaning that if they die, they may kill another player. If Fujin is dead, you will obtain both the BP and the death-vig.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Boy that escalated quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Special bonus praise for merk, who led executions on multiple scum, Nep-Nep, who blew up 2 baddies, and Ixtilton, who managed to catch three scum players as a JoAT