Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

But teams might lose out on free agency qbs like Jimmy G if they go after Lamar. I mean come on Lamar hasn't finished the last 2 seasons
You don't just lose out on free agency QBs. And trades. You also lose out of the initial week of free agency period since your cap space needed for the offer sheet is locked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

You don't just lose out on free agency QBs. And trades. You also lose out of the initial week of free agency period since your cap space needed for the offer sheet is locked up.

Somehow qb went from rare and the most important position to teams needing to keep their options open for a weak fa class

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'm talking about winning a superbowl. If getting into the playoffs and winning a few is good for you then you'll probably be happy, but he just doesn't have it in him to put in the work to win a superbowl anymore imo. He's more worried about himself (obviously) than he is about making the sacrifices needed to make another superbowl appearance.

Some rando posting on a football message board questioning an NFL player's work ethic is really funny

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Panthers can take another crack at Stafford:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1633892232540373003?s=20

Edit: Lombardi also said the Packers want a first rounder for Rodgers.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 9, 2023

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Mike Lombardi is so full of poo poo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They'd eat like a $75m dead cap hit to move Stafford? I don't think so. Why even bring back McVay if they're tearing it down to the studs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

They'd eat like a $75m dead cap hit to move Stafford? I don't think so. Why even bring back McVay if they're tearing it down to the studs.

Post June 1st trade would save them about 1.5m in cap space.

No one is taking on that contract tho.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1633847801313390601?t=VtLshlSLnFqteISq4vDNeQ&s=19

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

syzpid posted:

Lol at 2 of the teams not in on Lamar going after Jimmy G

He's just so handsome :allears::swoon:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AndrewP posted:

Especially considering how fast the honeymoon period ends. Philly enjoyed their SB win for, what, a year?

Eagles fan here, after 2017 I wouldn't really care if they go 8-9 for the next four seasons. I was over this year's Super Bowl loss by the time I got home from my friend's watch party. the honeymoon isn't nearly over for a lot of us

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Some rando posting on a football message board questioning an NFL player's work ethic is really funny

Sorry didn't know I should have posting here this whole time lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Snead calls bullshit on Lombardi
https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1633923663618785280

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Stafford is load-bearing drywall.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

interesting to consider two dudes who may retire at the end of the season as "load bearing"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So McVay and Stafford are definitely done after this year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It makes no sense for the Rams to run it back. Are they even a playoff team as currently built?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

It makes no sense for the Rams to run it back. Are they even a playoff team as currently built?

Outside of the three “load bearing” players, and minus the ones like Ramsey they’re openly shopping, they might have the worst roster in the league.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

If their offensive line doesn’t collectively die and Stafford’s elbow isn’t completely hosed up then yea sure, the NFC is a wasteland and it’s not like mostly the same players didn’t win a Super Bowl just two years ago.

I think people with the “Rams need to blow it up” takes didn’t really pay attention to what actually happened this season.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Theyre probably good enough to get into the wildcard and then get poo poo housed but they're allegedly moving ramsey and other pieces and cutting talent so i doubt it.

Barring some kind of insane draft class where they hit on everyone.

Part of me wonders if by load bearing pillars they mean purely for the advertising side so they continue to put bums in seats.

Casual LA fans probably still show up if the superbowl season heroes and head coach are still there - even if the rest is a tyre fire.

Players happy to stick around and get millions of dollars.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If their offensive line doesn’t collectively die and Stafford’s elbow isn’t completely hosed up then yea sure, the NFC is a wasteland and it’s not like mostly the same players didn’t win a Super Bowl just two years ago.

I think people with the “Rams need to blow it up” takes didn’t really pay attention to what actually happened this season.

Yeah I mostly agree with this, they suffered a LOT of really bad injuries. And the bottom tier of NFC playoff teams wasn't exactly fearsome. Their core dudes aren't getting any younger though and their window to make the playoffs is closing at mach 10 if it hasn't already

They did have some notable departures from the super bowl squad. Von Miller and Andrew Whitworth in particular. Also Robert Woods whose career was already slowing down but they replaced him with Allen Robinson which lol. They gotta add a remotely viable pass catcher next to Kupp. Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell ain't it

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 9, 2023

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah, their line and QB injuries precluded a good season and made everyone else look worse than they are. Provided those groups are healthy-ish next year they’re a .500 team at least, I think.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Docjowles posted:

They did have some notable departures from the super bowl squad. Von Miller and Andrew Whitworth in particular. Also Robert Woods whose career was already slowing down but they replaced him with Allen Robinson which lol. They gotta add a remotely viable pass catcher next to Kupp. Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell ain't it

Yea, they’ve definitely got some holes with WR being the big one, but they’re not as bad as they looked last year and the roster isn’t close to Bears level bad.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

work ethic isn't really the perfect terminology for making some Rodgers vs. Brady hypothetical about two QBs playing on the precipice of retirement

things could click with the Jets and Rodgers will be committed to the grind, or something dumb could lead to him mentally checking out and being too isolated to fulfill that role of the elite QB leading a team to success

by comparison it's hard to imagine what level of football organization chaos would have caused will cause Brady to not still be obsessively locked onto the end goal of winning above all else

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The337th posted:

work ethic isn't really the perfect terminology for making some Rodgers vs. Brady hypothetical about two QBs playing on the precipice of retirement

things could click with the Jets and Rodgers will be committed to the grind, or something dumb could lead to him mentally checking out and being too isolated to fulfill that role of the elite QB leading a team to success

by comparison it's hard to imagine what level of football organization chaos would have caused will cause Brady to not still be obsessively locked onto the end goal of winning above all else

Yeah, thats what gives me pause with Rodgers. Brady was still a worker, right up until the end, still getting up early to do film study, still flying receivers around to work in the offseason. Rodgers came back last year sloppy and out of shape and didn't work with anyone prior to camp.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, thats what gives me pause with Rodgers. Brady was still a worker, right up until the end, still getting up early to do film study, still flying receivers around to work in the offseason. Rodgers came back last year sloppy and out of shape and didn't work with anyone prior to camp.

That's what I was basically talking about but I'm a rando

I mean it's not hard to come to that conclusion even if you're a casual fan. Brady is well known for his work ethic with his teammates and Rodgers is know for focusing on himself and himself only away from football.

I don't see a reason to think things would be different with the Jets but who knows

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

work ethic's just a funny term for somebody like Rodgers who can still go practice/train/get injured and keep going in ways that would be off the scale for a typical definition of work ethic, but still be too disgruntled and self involved to pull off the collective synergy it takes for winning when everyone else is also way off the scales of work ethic

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kind of funny all this work effort crap when you look at the stats and they are about the same but Rodgers WR core being much worse.

The running game was better however but that also seems to be partly on Brady as well

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They are a stars and scrubs roster without the stars because they are all the injured, retiring or getting shipped out.

The question should be how soon will we see a “Crumble for Caleb” sign.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't really buy that there's much difference between the effort that they each put in.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at the idea Rodgers was trying hard enough to get to the divisional round but just didn't have the work ethic to take the team any further. Meanwhile, the Green Bay defense in recent years has been kinda trash.

code:
Defense DVOA
2022    20th
2021    22nd
2020    17th
2019    15th
2018    29th
2017    24th
2016    21st

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't really buy that there's much difference between the effort that they each put in.

depends on where the effort goes. as mentioned in one of these threads even last year Brady was flying his receivers around the country to work out together and develop, I'm sure Rodgers was working just as much but for dolo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He’s working, and the deal is finally done:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1633980686309683200

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Maybe he'll go to the Jets if they promise to tie dye the jerseys and have mandatory meditation time for his receivers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

indigi posted:

depends on where the effort goes. as mentioned in one of these threads even last year Brady was flying his receivers around the country to work out together and develop, I'm sure Rodgers was working just as much but for dolo

Brady's offseason and preseason efforts his last year in NE pretty much mirror Rodgers' from last year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Who needs practice when you can charge your jo crystals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the hard work qb guy is john harbaugh. hello john

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

all the QBs are lazy bums who wouldn't know where to even find their posting bootstraps to tighten them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's very funny that Lamar is available and Falcons are saying "nah we're good with Ridder".

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, they’ve definitely got some holes with WR being the big one, but they’re not as bad as they looked last year and the roster isn’t close to Bears level bad.

People are really underestimating how bad it got for the Rams. Their offensive line was so injured that it looked like the Bears offensive line. And Stafford ain't no Fields, so of course the wheels fell off. Honestly kind of want to see what the projected win total for the Rams look like next year because just injury regression should make them .500

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Maybe he'll go to the Jets if they promise to tie dye the jerseys and have mandatory meditation time for his receivers

New conspiracy theory. Rodgers wants to go to the Jets just to spite Favre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sataere posted:

New conspiracy theory. Rodgers wants to go to the Jets just to spite Favre.

Why does him going to the Jets spite Favre?