Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I only got the one item from ANarc and I used it the next night. No leaves even though I liked and subscribed on D1 :( so nothing stolen from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

JosefStalinator posted:

Sir Gar o' Wol, last night, I made use of the (dynamite with a) LASER BOBASER I was so generously gifted from a kind benefactor. This allowed me to doccop someone - I chose to use it on Sir Keane, as he powered up from slaying his bounty. This would either allow me to save a powerful townie, or expose a powered up threat to town. The doccing was moot due to their own power, but the cop results indicated they are in fact town.

Somehow I completely missed this when it went by. Josef got a cop result of TOWN for Keane.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Sorry for the silence, life has been really busy, I have a little time right now and I'm trying to catch up.

I'm Anatoly Cherdenko, bringing the cause of glorious communism to space and I'm for now an itemcop. To my great disappointment our ship is also host to a greedy capitalist barkeeper Quark and the cause can't go forward until they are dead. I was convinced Keats was lying about his flavor and was Quark because several of his destinations were flavored as drinks and Quark being from Star Trek for the jumping around. That means there's somebody here being cagey about their flavor and is actually Quark.

I unfortunately haven't really found anything incriminating on anybody so far.

N1 I targeted Maer and she had nothing
N2 I targeted Wologar and he had nothing
N3 I targeted Hambeet and he had a small, furry alien creature
N4 I targeted Keats and he had a small, furry alien creature
N5 I targeted Opop and once again he only had a small, furry alien creature

My role PM does have the word learn in it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SporkChan posted:

Can anyone who has had an item of their go missing post it here, please. Including which night it happened.

I had my tribble stolen from me on N3.

Incredibly rude to refer to Freddie Mercury as an item, but I lost him last night.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Incredibly rude to refer to Freddie Mercury as an item, but I lost him last night.

wologar posted:

PMuzz, I have now a second tribble, but when D5 started, I lost the first one I had. Any idea what could have caused that?

Hmmmmm

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm trying to wrap my head around these Opop and Beet word search claims, they seem odd.

I now suspect that Quark out there is the thief, which means it is not Opop at least.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

N3- Tribble from Sporkchan
N4- Tribble from Wologar
N5- Freddie Mercury from Keane

Is that right?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Illusionis posted:

Sorry for the silence, life has been really busy, I have a little time right now and I'm trying to catch up.

I'm Anatoly Cherdenko, bringing the cause of glorious communism to space and I'm for now an itemcop. To my great disappointment our ship is also host to a greedy capitalist barkeeper Quark and the cause can't go forward until they are dead. I was convinced Keats was lying about his flavor and was Quark because several of his destinations were flavored as drinks and Quark being from Star Trek for the jumping around. That means there's somebody here being cagey about their flavor and is actually Quark.

I'm not sure how I feel about this claim. On the one hand I'm glad Illu claimed. On the other the actual claim is being made late enough in the game that it would be fairly easy to fake that information. Especially since two of the players on the list are dead.

Opopanax posted:

Only item I ever got was the tribble and I still have it
Opop had even just claimed their item list.

Illu's claim also sets us another bounty-hunter pair to watch out for.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

PhantomMuzzles posted:

N3- Tribble from Sporkchan
N4- Tribble from Wologar
N5- Freddie Mercury from Keane

Is that right?

It looked to me like wol claimed to have his tribble stolen on N5 as well.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Increasingly suspicious of and Illu/wolo/Maer scum trio left.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

SporkChan posted:

He said when D5 started, that would be N4. Beet having a single tribble on n3 means he could be the thief, but is not a smoking gun, did Beet claim flavor?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Maerlyn is still to me far more likely to be 3p than scum and I'm not interested in finding 3p today.

You do make a good point about both the claimed protectives in Maug and Wologar still being alive and the vig giver too.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
So going back to look Circl had a oneshot (potential 2 with Maer dying) juggernaut and Zoya had a really hard to get Juggernaut needing 8 votes, also of note, Zoya's godfather power was proof against any investigation ability

Man of Many Talents - Each night, choose a role from this list to embody. You cannot choose the same role twice.

* The Desk Sergeant from Harry Canyon - While not the straightest of cops, this role at least lets you appreciate the value of firepower, allowing you to ##gunsmith a player to learn whether they are capable of killing.

* Den from… Den - With your muscular power, you are unstoppable. When performing the factional night kill tonight, it will be a ##juggernaut kill.

* The Robot from So Beautiful & So Dangerous - With your charm and robo-sexual prowess, you can take someone out for a good time, distracting them from what they were going to do tonight and ##roleblocking them.

Many Still Seek Me Out - You know that The Loc-Nar is somewhere out there. While it might be the sum of all evil, it is also a threat to anyone foolish enough to use it, and you’re better off rid of it. Once the Loc-Nar has been eliminated from the game, you receive one more use of all your abilities.

But beware: The Loc-Nar knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

quote:

See You Space Cowboy - If two or more different people (other than you) vote you at any point during the day, any actions that attempt to investigate your alignment tonight will give a false report consistent with you being TOWN-aligned.

Science Ninja Squad - If five or more different people (other than you) vote you at any point during the day, you gain the ability to perform the nightkill tonight as a ##ninja kill, making it undetectable by abilities that detect visits.

Yamato Cannon - If eight or more different people (other than you) vote you at any point during the day, you also gain the ability to perform the nightkill tonight as a ##juggernaut kill, making it unstoppable. You can combine this with the ninja kill.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Illusionis posted:

Maerlyn is still to me far more likely to be 3p than scum and I'm not interested in finding 3p today.

You do make a good point about both the claimed protectives in Maug and Wologar still being alive and the vig giver too.

Is your Maer 3p case just because she was a bounty hunter foe of Circl? I'll admit it has given me pause for a while too.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm currently still leaning town on her for the record, but yes that is why I think she's not scum

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Okay knowing that d5 was a town v town trains, I'm interested in people early on both sides

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: I hope Johnny Keats enjoys their eternal nap!

Votecount for Day 5

Johnny Keats (7): Maerlyn, Illusionis, SporkChan, CCKeane, PhantomMuzzles, JosefStalinator, Opopanax
Illusionis (3): wologar, hambeet, Opopanax, Maugrim, Opopanax
Maerlyn (1): PhantomMuzzles, Johnny Keats, PhantomMuzzles
JosefStalinator (0): wologar, Johnny Keats, wologar, Johnny Keats

Not Voting (1): Deadmeat5150

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 21st, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 4 minutes.

And any correlation with people jumping on Tammy for the d4 dunk

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is TammyHEH? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 4

TammyHEH (8): SporkChan, Johnny Keats, PhantomMuzzles, Maerlyn, wologar, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax
PhantomMuzzles (2): wologar, TammyHEH, wologar, wologar, wologar, Maugrim
wologar (1): PhantomMuzzles, Opopanax, AnonymousNarcotics, JosefStalinator, SporkChan, SporkChan, PhantomMuzzles, AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax
Maugrim (0): wologar, Deadmeat5150, wologar, Deadmeat5150
Johnny Keats (0): Illusionis, Maerlyn, JosefStalinator, Opopanax, Opopanax, Maerlyn, JosefStalinator, Illusionis
hambeet (0): wologar, wologar
Hal Insandenza (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Opopanax (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
Maerlyn (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
JosefStalinator (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, Deadmeat5150, Hal Insandenza, hambeet

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 18th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 37 minutes.

Which does raise my suspicions on Maerlyn, Spork and Wologar. Opop being the hammer on both days does raise a bit of an eyebrow.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll point out that those hammers were at 37 and 4 minutes remaining

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I want to take a proper look back at all votes, but I'm out of time for sitting on the PC this evening. Tomorrow should not be quite as hectic as today so I'll get back to that sometime in the afternoon.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

Sounds like an item thief.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

SporkChan posted:

If it was at night, it was N4. Crab told me I had "lost" the alien creature after I posted this:

wologar posted:

I received one of your furballs last night, Lady Moth. It likes to snuggle and has luscious hair!

D5 had already started.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Just checked. I received the alien creature on N4. I was notified I lost it after D5 had already started.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

Okay knowing that d5 was a town v town trains, I'm interested in people early on both sides

And any correlation with people jumping on Tammy for the d4 dunk

Which does raise my suspicions on Maerlyn, Spork and Wologar. Opop being the hammer on both days does raise a bit of an eyebrow.

[BIG DOUBT]

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I'm not even going to lie, my vote on Tammy was a floundering 'Well, we have to vote someone.' vote.

I was suspicious of wolo, and then he claimed bodyguard. People were mentioning Tammy but not voting and I decided to be the change I wanted to see.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wologar posted:

[BIG DOUBT]

I took that to mean d5 v d4, but if not, lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Spork are you ryo ohki?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

hambeet posted:

Spork are you ryo ohki?

Dang, busted.

Yeah I am. And I am in a bounty hunter pair with the Tribble, PMuzzles.

I was the first one to mention tribbles in the thread for that reason.

I did push PMuzz a little for that, in order to selfishly get my power. But the power is more good for me than good for town, so I backed off. Plus PMuzz was playing like a townie.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

Even though I have tasted blood, my intentions remain pure.

I also think Mr Han is Ryo-Ohki because I do not see any other remaining person submitting that as flavor.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

To be fair I submitted the flavor of 'Cute mascot of indeterminate species. Secretly the most powerful figure of all.'

But I think Ryo-Ohki fits that pretty well.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

SporkChan posted:

Dang, busted.

Yeah I am. And I am in a bounty hunter pair with the Tribble, PMuzzles.

I was the first one to mention tribbles in the thread for that reason.

I did push PMuzz a little for that, in order to selfishly get my power. But the power is more good for me than good for town, so I backed off. Plus PMuzz was playing like a townie.

That's okay I already knew :) you brought up the Tribbles a couple times unprompted and I figured that was why

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

BTW this is also why I'm less convinced that Maer can't be scum just because she (or at least she claims) to have been in a bounty hunter pair with known scum Circl.

I think the BH pairings are independent of alignment.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

SporkChan posted:

BTW this is also why I'm less convinced that Maer can't be scum just because she (or at least she claims) to have been in a bounty hunter pair with known scum Circl.

I think the BH pairings are independent of alignment.

It's a given that she's The Loc-Nar. Even if you don't believe that she gave me the orb on N3 (received D4, usable N4), no one counterclaimed her.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Btw, whoever received the orb today (if anyone) shouldn't claim so they can't be messed with thieves or redirectors.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I've been hoping for death for the past few nights, obviously my reads have been way off

I believe scum has a rolecop and would possibly fit as a "brain slug", so I'm good with an Opop vote.

wologar posted:

Btw, whoever received the orb today (if anyone) shouldn't claim so they can't be messed with thieves or redirectors.

Uh oh

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

It's a given that she's The Loc-Nar. Even if you don't believe that she gave me the orb on N3 (received D4, usable N4), no one counterclaimed her.

Also my shot on Clo was flavored by HCT as green energy or something along those lines

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

I've been hoping for death for the past few nights, obviously my reads have been way off

I believe scum has a rolecop and would possibly fit as a "brain slug", so I'm good with an Opop vote.

Why do you think scum has a rolecop? Keane suggested earlier that Opop may be one but is there anything else that leads you to believe that?

lol

Disregard my previous post. If you have the orb, claim away, pretty please.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Votecount for Day 6

Opopanax (3): PhantomMuzzles, hambeet, CCKeane
Illusionis (2): Maugrim, wologar

Not Voting (5): Illusionis, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, Opopanax, SporkChan

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 23 hours, 5 minutes.

I foresee that both people being voted right now are scum and that the remaining scum are among the people who haven't voted yet.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

Votecount for Day 6

Opopanax (3): PhantomMuzzles, hambeet, CCKeane
Illusionis (2): Maugrim, wologar

Not Voting (5): Illusionis, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, Opopanax, SporkChan

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 23 hours, 5 minutes.

I foresee that both people being voted right now are scum and that the remaining scum are among the people who haven't voted yet.

Illu + Opop + at least one of [Spork/Josef]

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

wologar posted:

If Maer is scum, and is scum with the other person who is the Loc-Nar then they wouldn't counterclaim, now would they?

I agree, Maer is most likely the Loc-Nar. But so far her power has been used by herself (to shoot TOWN-Clo), and by yourself (to shoot TOWN-Hal).
So either Maer is scum and her power is being real useful for scum, or she's town and her power is being real useful for scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

Why do you think scum has a rolecop? Keane suggested earlier that Opop may be one but is there anything else that leads you to believe that?

lol

Disregard my previous post. If you have the orb, claim away, pretty please.

I have no proof obviously but if beet and Opop are both town and both telling the truth that would be very weird, but if Opop is scum and DIDN'T already know beet's role pm then he's incredibly gifted. A rolecop in a game like this is a believable role for scum to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Illusionis posted:

Illu flavorclaims Anatoly Cherdenko and claims there's another player who is Quark.

Let's look at the flavor we know:

CCKeane: a sentient nebula containing Freddie Mercury, writing the theme of this game
hambeet: a comic book artist that seems very concerned with making sure every woman has a skintight uniform
Illusionis: Anatoly Cherdenko
JosefStalinator:
Maerlyn: The Loc-Nar
Maugrim:
Opopanax: Brain slug
PhantomMuzzles: Tribbler
SporkChan: Cute mascot of indeterminate species. Secretly the most powerful figure of all. / Ryo-Ohki
wologar: Robby the Robot

I think it's pretty safe to consider PMuzz as the tribbler and me as Robby (beet flavorcopped me with Tammy's ice-cream). I also think it's safe to consider Maer as The Loc-Nar but I concede it could be a front for a scumbud.

Josef, Maugrim, are any of you Quark?