Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
##vote schwinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##vote schwinn

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'm just gonna put this here temporarily to test something ##Vote Shwin

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You guys are too casual with your votes, man

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Despite the dwindling number workers the festival preparations proceeded swiftly and finally as the day drew to a close everything was ready for the big party tomorrow. Several times during the day Moomintroll, Little Myy and Mr. Hemulen all sidled up to Too-ticky and raised their concerns on how Ninny was doing all alone at the beach house and how sorry they were to have suspected her of this mischief. As the preparations were close to done Too-ticky informed the others that she needed to hurry home to cheer up Ninny so that she too could enjoy the festival tomorrow. The rest of the Moominvalley residents finished up their tasks and headed to their homes, happy to be done, but a little afraid of what more the saboteurs could be up to. As they slept several figures could be seen scurrying about in the moonlight finishing some last minute preparations of their own.

Shwinnebego, Too-ticky, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla, has rushed off to the beach house on Day 4

quote:

You are Too-ticky, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla

Too-ticky is both pragmatic and compassionate, two things which the Moomin family value greatly in their neighbour. A deep thinker by nature, she lives modestly and in harmony with the world around her, content in her own company but also willing to help any creature in need. Too-ticky doesn’t want to tell others how to live, as she believes it’s best for everyone to learn for themselves through experience. She doesn’t let things get to her and can be relied upon to bring her practical problem-solving skills to bear on any dilemma.

Last evening you found an incredible beautiful Seashell on the beach and picked it up, stopping to admire it's sparkling and changing colors. Suddenly you realised that the sun was beginning to rise and that you had spent the whole night transfixed by the Seashell's beauty. You decided to take it with you and bring it as a decoration for the festival.

You win when all threats to Moominvalley have been removed from the game.
You start the game with The Seashell A vividly pink colored heart shaped seashell, that sparkles with different shades depending on the angle you look at it from. You could easily get mesmerized admiring it for hours. At night you can ##give the seashell targeting 1 player, leaving the seashell somewhere your target will certainly find it during the night.
You have no powers other than your vote

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
The game has ended in PRANKSTER victory

As another beautiful and warm day dawned on Moominvalley the festival was finally underway. The residents happily celebrated a bountiful harvest, eating, drinking and dancing merrily. Moominmamma and Pappa were back on their feet, Sniff finally gathered his courage and joined the celebration, Alice had caught up on her studies enough to attend. Too-ticky and Ninny returned from the beach, putting the unfortunate suspicions behind them. Even Tiuhti and Viuhti returned to the valley, having decided to return the Ruby to Groke. Around midday Moomintroll, Little Myy and Mr. Hemulen arrived causing quite a stir and confusion as they told stories of a grand adventure they had been on during the last week. This led the residents to concluding that there had been imposters among them and caused more than a little concern for what the saboteurs could have planned. As the evening fell it was time for the grand finale of fireworks, everyone was excitedly gathered to enjoy the show, this quickly turned to panicked fleeing and screams of fright as the fireworks were lit and instead of shooting up to the sky, they haphazardly shot across the ground exploding among the festival tables while a cackling laughter echoed in the air. While the residents were quite frightened no real injuries were sustained as the explosions turned out to be magical illusion of some kind. Later on many residents would discover that their homes had been broken into and many valuables taken while they were partying. The Moomin would also discover that their cellar had almost completely been emptied of strawberry jam. So ended a mysterious Fall full of mischief in Moominvalley as everybody began to settle in for the quickly approaching winter.

Fool of Sound, has won the game

quote:

You are the Witch, a PRANKSTER-aligned Bored grandmother

A powerful witch, you've come to spend your late years in the peaceful Moominvalley and to train your granddaughter Alice in the ways of magic. You've gotten over your initial dislike for the Moomin family and come to see then as good, if sometimes rambunctious neighbors, though you still think the Moomin children are often a distraction to Alice's studies. Now as the Moomin are planning a harvest festival Alice is constantly running off to the valley to help and ignoring her studies. Bored and more than a little annoyed, you've decided to play a little mischief on them.

You win when your team has unassailable control over the vote
At night you may perform your teams factional ##Prank targeting 1 player and causing them to be removed from the game
You start the game with an Invisibility potion: You may consume this at night as a free action to make your actions this night undetectable by any means.
And a Confusion brew: You may use this at night and target 2 players to make any actions targeting the first player target the second player and vice versa for the night.
At night if you do not have any Invisibility potions or Confusion brews you may ##Brew potions to gain 1 Invisibility Potion and 1 Confusion brew.

Fakeclaim:
You are Little Myy, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla

Little My is fiery and independent – a tiny character with an enormous personality! Known for her sharp tongue, quick temper and mischievous nature, she seems to thrive in dangerous situations and sometimes takes pleasure in the small misfortunes that befall others. But still, she is loyal, protective, and an honest friend, and her bravery makes her a good person to have around in a crisis. Little My lives with the Moomins in the Moominhouse.

ObamaAkbar, has won the game

quote:

You are Stinky, a PRANKSTER-aligned Careful thief

Stinky is a small, irate creature who is often causing trouble for the other residents of Moominvalley. He is a villain, and proud of it! He’s never one to let an opportunity for personal gain pass him by, and he always has a scheme or a racket on the go. Even though he’s a known criminal, the Moomin family takes some pride in being on good terms with Stinky. Stinky has a fuzzy body, skinny legs and two little antennae instead of ears.

With the other resident's of Moominvalley busy preparing their little festival, you see a perfect opportunity to play a little mischief and potentially make off with some valuables.

At night you may perform your teams factional ##Prank targeting 1 player and causing them to be removed from the game.
At night you may ##Steal targeting 1 player, you will carefully follow them through the night to learn who your target visited during the night and you will steal 1 item from their inventory at random.

Fakeclaim:
You are Moomintroll, a Moominvalley-aligned Tracker

Moomintroll is kind, caring and curious, a great lover of nature and a true friend. His life is full of excitement and adventure, thanks to his daring companions and the tolerant – and somewhat eccentric – Moominmamma and Moominpappa. Although he can be a sensitive character, anxious not to offend and susceptible to being teased (especially by Little My…), Moomintroll is bold and courageous whenever it is required of him. He is inclined to look for the positives in any situation and to embrace every experience that presents itself, making him a lot of fun to spend time with!

At night you may ##Track targeting 1 player, you will learn who your target visited during the night.

Toadsmash Johnny Keats, has won the game

quote:

You are Ski Hemulen, a PRANKSTER-aligned Sweettooth

You love winter, you love the cold and you especially love skiing, so why are you in the Moominvalley during the Fall. Simple you also love Moominmamma's homemade jam, you discovered her delicious cooking on your visit last winter and can't forget that sweet taste. Now the Moomin's are a friendly and warm family and would certainly welcome your visit, but they did act a little bit stingy about sharing the jam last winter. Sure you may have helped yourself to quite a few jars without really asking, but they had heaps of them just lying around. Now as the whole of Moominvalley is busy preparing for a festival you see an opportunity to get some more of those sweet treats and can't help yourself from getting up to a little mischief.

At night you may perform your teams factional ##Prank targeting 1 player and causing them to be removed from the game.
At night you may ##Rummage the cellar to find a jar of Moominmamma's strawberry jam, you will compulsively consume the jam the next night. On a night you have consumed a jar of jam your actions will be unstoppable by any means.

Fakeclaim:
You are Hemulen, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla

A stamp collector turned enthusiastic botanist, you're a neighbor and a good friend to the Moomin family. You've spent the summer cultivating interesting plants and are now hard at work arranging the flower display and decorations for the festival.

CubicalSucrose, has been endgamed

quote:

You are Snufkin, a Moominvalley-aligned Experienced traveler

Snufkin is a philosopher and a wanderer who enjoys the simple things in life – fishing, playing his harmonica and walking alone at night. A free spirit with no interest in owning things, Snufkin enjoys challenging authority figures such as park keepers. He greatly values his independence, but returns to Moominvalley every spring to spend time with his good friend Moomintroll. Snufkin is widely admired for his quiet confidence and self-belief, especially by the smaller and more timid residents of Moominvalley.

At night you may ##Evaluate targeting one person, you will learn if your target has been directly responsible for removing any player from the game (being the last vote causing a player to be removed from the game counts as being responsible.) This action takes place after all other actions have been performed for the night

Tired Moritz, has been endgamed

quote:

You are Snork, a Moominvalley-aligned Inventor

Snork is the Snorkmaiden’s diligent and ingenious brother. He’s exceptionally talented at building new machines and coming up with new inventions. The residents of Moominvalley often ask Snork for help in solving tricky problems.

Snork is also good with his hands and sometimes constructs his own complex inventions in his workshop. It was here that he built his bizarre flying contraption. As an avid reader, Snork researches things for himself and then passes on his knowledge and observations to others.

When required, Snork rolls up his sleeves and skillfully organises even the most demanding of projects. Precision is crucial to him. He won’t hesitate to explain how he thinks problems can be solved, which is why he’s considered a bit of a know-it-all.

You start the game with 2 Spyglass gadgets and a Mechanical dragon as a night action you can ##give item to targeting 1 player and giving them the chosen item to be used when they choose, you can't use the items yourself.

Spyglass gadget: You may use this at night to target 1 player, you will learn the names of everyone that visited your target during the night.
Mechanical dragon: You may use this at night to target 1 player, you will form a temporary masonry with them, lasting the following day and night.

If you start a day phase with no inventions in your inventory, you will spend the day creating 2 Spyglass gadgets and a Mechanical dragon

Trajanmax, has been endgamed

quote:

You are Snorkmaiden, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla

Snorkmaiden is a creative and excitable dreamer whose imagination comes in handy on adventures. She is very resourceful and quick-thinking, which often leads to her saving the day in style with a unique and ingenious solution. For example, she once rescued Moomintroll from a deep-sea octopus with nothing other than a ruby looking-glass. She enjoys acting out stories about beautiful maidens and brave heroes – with herself and Moomintroll in the leading roles, of course.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Congrats scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Boo boo hiss hiss

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Who had the second spyglass?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Who had the second spyglass?

Beet got it the night he died, it was pretty busy at his place.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Moomin mama has many late night callers….

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Ooof, just read everything. Sorry about terribly night targeting, everyone.

I think by now I've gotten my JS elims out of my system, so expect myself to get wrecked as I overcorrect going forward.

Had TMor claimed, I think we might have had a chance to piece a few things together? At least paused things for a little bit. Forgetting about the spyglass thing was awkward and I don't think it gets Keats D4, but adds more than (zero) suspicion. I think I definitely wind up voting Shwinn at some point though, so not sure there was much of a chance to actually get there in the end.

Shwinn did you actually not believe you were a roleblocker, or did you want to not sound scummy since roleblocker is typically a scum role?

Town roleblocker + scum tracker was a good combo. I even called out that Illu gave scum real fakeclaims in Strange Vague Feeling. Tracker + Thief makes a lot more sense than just scum Tracker. "Why is OA not dead? Oh, they're scum." crossed my mind but I ruled it out pretty quickly. And I never reread FoS after my JS hammer.

Good game Toad. Good game Traj.

I didn't really like the fact that I was incentivized to hammer, just because of the need to constantly be around. Yes yes, I could've just "not done that" but hard to just disregard the edge there.

Thanks for running, Illu!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sniff is dead.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
Well gently caress. I was convinced. Sorry everyone.

Good game cube, mine sucked haha.

Keats, Scum MVP In My Opinion.

I wish I’d stuck to it when I said you and FoS were scum because of the timing of your coming in haha.

Really dun even though I was way off. Great Game Illu!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Gg everyone!

@cube I legit thought the shell did jack poo poo lmao

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

shwinnebego posted:

Gg everyone!

@cube I legit thought the shell did jack poo poo lmao

That's what you get for giving me an item with unknown properties 😛

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

trajanmax posted:

I wish I’d stuck to it when I said you and FoS were scum because of the timing of your coming in haha.

:yossame:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

FoS cast a spell of amnesia on me by effort posting on day three and I just completely forgot about his horrible weird cases.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

Every clause of this post feels palpably fake

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Shwin I was really nervous you were going to notice Obama had been away and correctly deduce that he must be scum because we couldn't rush yet.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

Shwin I was really nervous you were going to notice Obama had been away and correctly deduce that he must be scum because we couldn't rush yet.

Hardly would have mattered. Trajan would not have moved off me anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

shwinnebego posted:

Hardly would have mattered. Trajan would not have moved off me anyway

I couldn’t get past the fact that you said your item had no known purpose.