Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

my dad used to have that exact truck in maroon, with absurd/awesome straight pipe from the previous owner. he actually sold it to a landscaper buddy of his who abuses it and it's still running great. He always kicks himself for selling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Less than 2 grand for a running driving full-size truck? Hot drat, son!

Yea it's a total score. I don't think the guy fixed stuff himself so the work it needs was a bigger deal for him. He was asking 2500 but I was on my way to look at a different truck much farther away for 2k. I had 1900 on me and my friend saw it in town and gave me a heads up. I called the guy and said I'll buy it right now for the cash I had on me and he took it. Then I drove it back to my house and the seller followed me home and gave me a ride back to get my truck. Didn't have to rent a trailer or drive it illegally. All the other ones I was looking at for around 2k all had 200k on them too. Totally smooth truck transaction, good times.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

d0s posted:

my dad used to have that exact truck in maroon, with absurd/awesome straight pipe from the previous owner. he actually sold it to a landscaper buddy of his who abuses it and it's still running great. He always kicks himself for selling it

My friend had one a while back and I always liked his. Hopefully I can stop all the rust from getting worse and have it for a long time. They're great trucks.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

d0s posted:

Speaking of bro trucks, is having an outrageously bright (like, seriously absurd) horizontal LED bar mounted in exactly the right place to annoy people in any normally sized vehicles in front of you the new rolling coal? I've been seeing it a ton here in d-bag land

e: the LEDs I'm talking about are so bright they cause blinding mirror glare in full daylight

the bars are definitely "a thing"

but even with normal cars it was becomming terribly common for people to put the brightest LEDs they could find online for their SUV or entry level luxury rebadge sedan

thank god for those little dumpswitches on most rear view mirrors

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Thief posted:

the bars are definitely "a thing"

but even with normal cars it was becomming terribly common for people to put the brightest LEDs they could find online for their SUV or entry level luxury rebadge sedan

thank god for those little dumpswitches on most rear view mirrors

God I've had that exact same thought, who would have known the utility of rearview dimmers would quintuple over the last 5-10 years

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

shy boy from chess club posted:

2000 Silverado Z71 with a 5.3 and 4L60E. Right now I'm just fixing a bunch of stuff it needs, a wheel bearing, brakes and just got new tires that are 31.5s. Even needing some work I love it so far. Only 89k and got it for less than 2k.

Under 100k miles and under 2k, well done. We had a similar year and power train yukon that drove all over the country and was eventually sold with 200k+ miles on it. Check your brake lines for rust, Dad almost put ours into his toolbox when one of the lines popped around 175k.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The guy said they were all redone and it looks like they were although rather poorly. I have one leaker right now and I just got the tool to bleed the abs pump from UPS this morning. I'm going to replace that line for right now but there are stainless replacement kits out there for around $120. Going to do that for sure next year. The leaker is the only rusty line I can see so far.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I did the stainless kit on mine, I don't know that I'd do it again with prebent lines. What a pain in the rear end. You have to jack up the cab and pull the bed... And all that poo poo will be rusty too.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Wife has decided that the Jimny is better than the Tracker and has elected to sell it. Weirdly the Jimny, while being slower, is quicker feeling with the turbo and weighing nothing. It's also more practical for two people than the Tracker as the Jimny has more cargo room.
RIP Tracker, you are no match for the Jimny.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ever take any tilt-shift pictures of your various cars?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

I did the stainless kit on mine, I don't know that I'd do it again with prebent lines. What a pain in the rear end. You have to jack up the cab and pull the bed... And all that poo poo will be rusty too.

Oh seriously? Yea gently caress that, I'll get a spool of stainless and run it myself.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Found another, albeit much nicer and newer, M friend at work.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
what, are we in battlefield earth?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
its ok i got you buddy.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cage posted:

its ok i got you buddy.

lol

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
It's on its way to the muffler shop, then it's down to finishing up the wiring and putting an interior in it. Should be finished in a few weeks. I'm pumped for me and the old man to finally get this thing rolling.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
"We'll be finished by Christmas!" I swear I've heard that somewhere before...

Seriously though, sweet ride and giving yourself and your dad that car, plated and on the road, would be an awesome Christmas present.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cage posted:

its ok i got you buddy.

lmao

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

ExecuDork posted:

"We'll be finished by Christmas!" I swear I've heard that somewhere before...

Seriously though, sweet ride and giving yourself and your dad that car, plated and on the road, would be an awesome Christmas present.

So far we've put a rear end under it, put disc brakes on it, replaced the cooling system, fabricated a steering system, and had to make a bunch of little things like shift brackets, pedals, etc. It's been a solid few months of work. Can't wait to get the seats and such in and finalize all the wiring. Just the last month or so of being able to hear it run have been great.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
A couple of shots from what will probably be my last trackday of the year, nice that they were still taking pictures as it started to get a bit darker near the end of the day.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

A couple of shots from what will probably be my last trackday of the year, nice that they were still taking pictures as it started to get a bit darker near the end of the day.

Looking good, I'm amazed you've managed to keep both headlights working. What suspension setup do you have? The dutch angle exaggerates it but it looks like a decent amount of body roll going on in the first shot.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think it's more the angle of the photo looking at other cars going though that corner. It's a chicane that comes straight after the back straight. The crainer curves are pretty daunting as you head downhill at 100+mph into a slight kink and then have to line the car up for the corner at the bottom.

Suspension is just H&R Coilovers, TRD sways and some custom bracing under the front wheels. The sways keep it pretty flat but I might get a smaller one on the front at some point.

Also the headlights on these things are pretty robust :mad:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I love your car. That is all.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea seriously the color combo is perfect

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The finish is s bit hosed on the wheels so they might get resprayed in a silly colour at some point. :mrgw:

I do have another set of rays that are bronze tho.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

See if you can find a powder coat place near you. I got my wheels sandblasted and powdercoated for 260 bucks and they came out great. Way better than if I had painted them myself.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

shy boy from chess club posted:

See if you can find a powder coat place near you. I got my wheels sandblasted and powdercoated for 260 bucks and they came out great. Way better than if I had painted them myself.

I had the wheels powdercoated on my last car and they looked great after; can second this.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gigi Galli posted:

I had the wheels powdercoated on my last car and they looked great after; can second this.

And can third this, had a set of originally silver alloys on my AZ-1, had them powder coated white, now I'm the head of a major corporation! Also they look great.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Gettin purdy out there

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Driving in the passing lane and taking a pic at 80mph, pro move.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I was so triggered that I had to go watch YouTube videos of Germans driving at 240km/h on the Autobahn and still returning to the rightmost lane after passing. All is well in the world again.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bought a new car and parked the old one in a bush

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Bought a new car and parked the old one in a bush

Epic corn parking

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The corn upgraded

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Driving in the passing lane and taking a pic at 80mph, pro move.

Two inspection stickers so possibly a Pennsylvania driver which would explain everything. Of course a Pennsylvania driver would probably be doing 53 in the left lane, not 80.

What car is that? REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE in the tach and GROUND SPEED on the speedo is so loving corny.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Shrapnig posted:

What car is that? REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE in the tach and GROUND SPEED on the speedo is so loving corny.
look at this guy, jealous he doesnt drive an aircraft.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
*post the most dangerous pics you got*

Dont know how fast this was probably 60-65. :madmax:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Shrapnig posted:

Pretty sure this is what the gauges in the 2018+ (possibly 17+?) Mustang GT say, I vaguely remember seeing something like that while working a dealership service lane.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Night Danger Moose posted:

Pretty sure this is what the gauges in the 2018+ (possibly 17+?) Mustang GT say, I vaguely remember seeing something like that while working a dealership service lane.
Checks out.

hell yeah mustang drivers :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do they have gauges for how likely the things gonna spin into oncoming traffic when leaving a car meet?