Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I kinda like it.

Basically useless, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Arrath posted:

Cache to the rescue.

I imagine that the person who most needs a handrail will also have trouble readjusting their grip at each step. It looks cool at the cost of usability.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

:barf:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

so smart they don't waste any extra

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
It looks weird, but thats too ........... Whatever to be anything but intentional.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
From the OSHA thread:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 2, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
5'd

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Take a shower, your toilet paper will be all nice and dry, it's got a cover and everything!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Frobbe posted:

Take a shower, your toilet paper will be all nice and dry, it's got a cover and everything!

That's definitely an Asian wet bathroom. They probably got the bidet toilet or the little butthole sprayer wand next to the toilet. The paper is for show.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

kid sinister posted:

That's definitely an Asian wet bathroom. They probably got the bidet toilet or the little butthole sprayer wand next to the toilet. The paper is for show*.

*drying your butt

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kid sinister posted:

That's definitely an Asian wet bathroom. They probably got the bidet toilet or the little butthole sprayer wand next to the toilet. The paper is for show.

Then why does it have an auto-flusher? What? Who has that in their own home?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Then why does it have an auto-flusher? What? Who has that in their own home?

I get the vibe that that's at a hotel.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
It seems like if both glass panes slide, as is fairly common in a shower, that the TP roll could be mounted to the side of the cabinet/counter area outside of the wet part.

I've always thought the "wet room" setup was a great idea from a practical perspective, especially when you're sick/drunk to the point where it's coming out both ends. It also makes cleaning anything in the wet area easier because you can just hose it down as needed, both when scrubbing and rinsing. I wish they were more of a thing in the US.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

kid sinister posted:

Question about those - I’ve seen them and used them a bit in Malaysia. Assuming we’re talking about public toilets in airports, railways stations etc:

For any toilet with a sprayer wand, how do you avoid getting your clothes wet? Do you completely remove them? How do you dry your wet rear end?

For the hole in the ground toilets with a sprayer wand: do you need to totally remove your trousers & underwear to use them? How do you avoid soaking your shoes and socks with the wand?

It is a mystery.

I don’t question the efficiency of wetroom bathrooms with a drain in the floor FWIW, though it is possible for beasties to come up through them...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

wooger posted:

I don’t question the efficiency of wetroom bathrooms with a drain in the floor FWIW, though it is possible for beasties to come up through them...

no poo poo on snek

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

wooger posted:

Question about those - I’ve seen them and used them a bit in Malaysia. Assuming we’re talking about public toilets in airports, railways stations etc:

For any toilet with a sprayer wand, how do you avoid getting your clothes wet? Do you completely remove them? How do you dry your wet rear end?

For the hole in the ground toilets with a sprayer wand: do you need to totally remove your trousers & underwear to use them? How do you avoid soaking your shoes and socks with the wand?

It is a mystery.

One of the worst stories:
https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/27/asia/thailand-snake-toilet/index.html

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Spray wand bidets are a gentle squirt, not a full-power showerhead. Built-in seat washlets are superior for butts but the wand is better for blasting chunks off poo poo off the bowl.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

peanut posted:

Spray wand bidets are a gentle squirt, not a full-power showerhead.

The gently caress they are.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

wooger posted:

I've used both of these in Thailand and never had any problem. With the toilet ones you hold it in the bowl as you would with toilet paper so the water is contained. They then supply toilet paper and a bin for drying.

The squat ones weren't a problem either, you're already in an odd position to avoid making GBS threads directly into your pants, some water is no great feat.

Don't think of them like showers, it's a focused spray and you're not holding it far away.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Frobbe posted:

There have been times when I've been extremely hungover and would have loved a Shower Shitter.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Every shitter is a shower shitter if you're nasty.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Just lol if you aren't a master of the waffle stomp in TYOOL 2018

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You can also splice a spray head to your toilet feed, and then poop on the toilet while spraying yourself down.

Bad news, this will be a cold shower unless you have hot water running to the toilet.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

The gently caress they are.

Yeah what the gently caress is this, run the tap at full tilt and the spray wand'll squirt like a motherfucker. It's an incredibly focused jet so that just makes it even more intense. Of course you don't run it at full tilt unless you're, say, cleaning behind the radiator with it or something, but still.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ruflux posted:

cleaning behind the radiator

Best euphemism for washing your rear end to date.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Well, see, almost. But I lead up to that with not running it on full tilt normally because if you do that while washing your rear end, it will both hurt and spray poo poo everywhere, so it's not very recommended

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
How often does the wand touch?

I mean, I've had co-workers poo poo on the seat. I can only imagine what they do with the wand.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

It'll touch if you are a sex pest and deliberately want it to, but in general use it's surprisingly easy to keep your distance righteous and just, thus avoiding any butt touching incidents

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
They're also a lot more common and easy to use when your population isn't 35% obese

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Ashcans posted:

You can also splice a spray head to your toilet feed, and then poop on the toilet while spraying yourself down.

Bad news, this will be a cold shower unless you have hot water running to the toilet.

You can, but that's against code if you don't have a floor drain in your bathroom. However, the bidet sprayers you mount on the seat bolts are fine. Code kinda insists on a drain for every indoor fixture.

Also,

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 6, 2018

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

God drat that's confusing.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Dillbag posted:

They're also a lot more common and easy to use when your population isn't 35% obese

I'm fat and lived in Japan for half a decade, never had a problem with the butt sprayers or fancy toilets in general.

In fact, toilets in Japan are generally better than toilets in the US because most of them are within the US ADA height range (including the thicker heated seats), if they aren't squat toilets. Back here I'm living in a house with a bunch of 12" 1950's toilets and it feels like I may as well be squatting.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

kid sinister posted:

You can, but that's against code if you don't have a floor drain in your bathroom. However, the bidet sprayers you mount on the seat bolts are fine. Code kinda insists on a drain for every indoor fixture.

Also,

God drat R'lyeh contractors.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

windex posted:

I'm fat and lived in Japan for half a decade, never had a problem with the butt sprayers or fancy toilets in general.

In fact, toilets in Japan are generally better than toilets in the US because most of them are within the US ADA height range (including the thicker heated seats), if they aren't squat toilets. Back here I'm living in a house with a bunch of 12" 1950's toilets and it feels like I may as well be squatting.

B...but squatting or raising your knees is better for you.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

B...but squatting or raising your knees is better for you.

Speak for yourself, I poop horizontally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?
I just yanked up the vinyl, trim, medicine cabinet, and light fixtures out of our half bathroom.

The medicine cabinet was held in place by those huge drywall anchors that you are supposed to put a screw in to. Usually called like EZ Anchor and can hold like 50 pounds. Except they didn’t use screws. These were literally screwed through the back of the medicine cabinet.

The light fixture was literally held in place by paint. There used to be screws. I could see the holes. They weren’t there anymore. This was yet another fixture that was not grounded.

The vinyl came up perfectly fine. Just have to remove the piece of wood that is on top of the subfloor. We are putting pergo outlast+ or whatever it is called in that room that is way thicker than the vinyl was.