Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dumb. posted:

Why don't they specify what after 'When you do...'? Is that a Philly thing?

Also what is a Geator or a Heator? Are those also Philly things?

These things have all haunted me for years.

I thought "heator" might be cool south philly slang for a gun or something but it's not even that

https://njmonthly.com/articles/jersey-living/shore-lore-still-geator-after-all-these-years/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why did this need to be a thing? :psyduck:

I thought the aim was to make it harder to climb poles, not make it easier! :unsmigghh:

It's like all the "remember to wash your god drat hands!!" signs at work.

There's this one guy, cleans toilets while using nitrile gloves, his phone will ring and he'll answer it.
I'm like bitch gloves don't work that way!

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
saw this today

it's like he's talking to me. "ay my man. AY MY MAN. can i get a dollar?"

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mr pitbull is a saint

Patron saint of bears in department stores.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Guy Goodbody posted:

One of the benefits of the bat bombs was that the bombs on the bats were on timers. So a plane would fly over, drop a bat bomb, and nothing would happen. Everyone would assume it was a spotter or recon plane. Then, that night, fires would inexplicably erupt all over the city.

How is that a benefit, when the alternative is "planes flies over, then everyone is blowed the gently caress up"?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Ak Gara posted:

It's like all the "remember to wash your god drat hands!!" signs at work.

There's this one guy, cleans toilets while using nitrile gloves, his phone will ring and he'll answer it.
I'm like bitch gloves don't work that way!

Ahahahaha, I cringed when a lady did that in a very early X-Files episode (Tooms pt. 1), and thought there's no way someone would be that dumb IRL

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How is that a benefit, when the alternative is "planes flies over, then everyone is blowed the gently caress up"?

There’s a difference between “we might die when a plane is overhead” and “we might die at any time because a plane flew overhead one time”

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheCheish/status/955142297548677125

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LargeHadron posted:

Goddamnit, I hate being reminded that anything touched by a child under 14 or a man over 40 is undoubtedly covered in their feces.

And it's probably wishful thinking that the remaining young(er) men and women are any better.

Whenever they do one of those things where they show how much fecal matter is on everything, I know the reaction you're supposed to have is "eww, everything's disgusting" but I always juts think that just clearly means trace amounts of poop are fine. If every waiter in every restaurant and every surface in every home has some amount of poop on it, and humanity is still alive, then humans have a higher poop tolerance than we give ourselves credit for.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

Whenever they do one of those things where they show how much fecal matter is on everything, I know the reaction you're supposed to have is "eww, everything's disgusting" but I always juts think that just clearly means trace amounts of poop are fine. If every waiter in every restaurant and every surface in every home has some amount of poop on it, and humanity is still alive, then humans have a higher poop tolerance than we give ourselves credit for.

Its all about the amount of poop and the odds of it getting into an orifice/mucus membrane. Poop bacteria on a purse isn't a big deal wince you don't typically lick your purse or put it on a cutting board. On a phone grosses me out more since you are putting it on your face and will often touch it right before touching your face.

Dienes has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Jan 22, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Everything everywhere is just covered in fecal matter no matter what you do but it’s mostly concentrated in my posts.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It depends on how strong your immune system is, which depends on overall health, level of exposure you get, gut bacteria, etc. A healthy person is not gonna die or even get sick from some poop or dirt or whatever.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

oldpainless posted:

Everything everywhere is just covered in fecal matter no matter what you do but it’s mostly concentrated in my posts.

Oldcleanlless

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Good Parmesan posted:

saw this today

it's like he's talking to me. "ay my man. AY MY MAN. can i get a dollar?"

Jealous? Pull my leg.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dienes posted:

Its all about the amount of poop and the odds of it getting into an orifice/mucus membrane. Poop bacteria on a purse isn't a big deal wince you don't typically lick your purse or put it on a cutting board. On a phone grosses me out more since you are putting it on your face and will often touch it fright before touching your face.

Where am I supposed to chop my purses then?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dienes posted:

Its all about the amount of poop and the odds of it getting into an orifice/mucus membrane. Poop bacteria on a purse isn't a big deal wince you don't typically lick your purse or put it on a cutting board. On a phone grosses me out more since you are putting it on your face and will often touch it fright before touching your face.

Your face is already covered in a thin layer of poo poo, what's a little more gonna hurt?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dienes posted:

Its all about the amount of poop and the odds of it getting into an orifice/mucus membrane. Poop bacteria on a purse isn't a big deal wince you don't typically lick your purse or put it on a cutting board. On a phone grosses me out more since you are putting it on your face and will often touch it right before touching your face.

Have you ever smelled a poo poo? Congratulations you have poo poo in your nose.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jose Valasquez posted:

Where am I supposed to chop my purses then?

Chop purse at chopping mall.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rumda posted:

Have you ever smelled a poo poo? Congratulations you have poo poo in your nose.

You get poo poo in your nose every time you smell a fart

a fart is just poo in gas form

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Repeat for 25 years

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

mind the walrus posted:

Repeat for 7 years then stop immediately

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Slime posted:

You get poo poo in your nose every time you smell a fart

a fart is just poo in gas form

Yeah these are why, when there's a terrible smell, I always breathe either exclusively through my nose and try to tune it out, or not at all. Fuuuuuuck breathing through my mouth for that

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah these are why, when there's a terrible smell, I always breathe either exclusively through my nose and try to tune it out, or not at all. Fuuuuuuck breathing through my mouth for that

Smell is really disgusting when you think about it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

You know it all goes the same way right?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Rumda posted:

You know it all goes the same way right?
really? your mouth is full of hairs like your nose is? weird

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JFC

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Elizabethan Error posted:

really? your mouth is full of hairs like your nose is? weird

The tongue is the biggest hair in the body or something. Or hairs are just tiny tongues. I can't remember which.

e: It's why you can sometimes taste the way something smells, I think.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

The tongue is the biggest hair in the body or something. Or hairs are just tiny tongues. I can't remember which.

e: It's why you can sometimes taste the way something smells, I think.

I mean.... no. Hairs are not to do with smelling or tasting and the tongue is not a hair and hair is not a tongue.

Also YUK

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The olfactory bulb in your nose is actually a part of your brain.

Which means that when you smell a fart, the poop molecules are actually touching your brain.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

The Bloop posted:

I mean.... no. Hairs are not to do with smelling or tasting and the tongue is not a hair and hair is not a tongue.

OP might be a cat, don't presume.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Have you guys not mastered breathing through your anus yet? Smdh

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Comptroll The Forums posted:

So far only talking...

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wait...my own? Dammit I thought I'd finally gotten it right.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Food comes in, Poop Comes out"? Sounds like a challenge to me. :smug:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

EvilJoven posted:

A few months ago I was out riding my bike after sunset and an owl decided that my bike light illuminating the long straight path ahead of me was interesting and decided to swoop down beside me and fly in front of me three times down that stretch. It'd swoop down when I went by, fly ahead of me and perch in a tree and wait for me to catch up. It was the coolest poo poo I've ever seen while out riding.

It was also absolutely silent.
I had something like this happen once, but it was during the day, and walking down a country road instead of riding a bike, and with cows on the other side of a fence rather than an owl, and also I was pretty sure they were planning to jump me and take my wallet.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What if Brass Eye was real:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Last Podcast are doing Jonestown for their 300 episode special and when they got to the monkeys I just couldn't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless