Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Powershift posted:

Strange coincidence, this was just posted on a russian forum i frequent. That is a Cadillac Seville Grandeur Opera Coupe, a $200,000(in today's money) GM K-body. This is a Stutz IV Porte, a $200,000(in today's money) GM B-body.

Looks like a Stutz Blackhawk:

https://www.google.com/search?q=stutz+blackhawk&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vQL8VKuZDovBgwTspYOIAw&ved=0CCsQsAQ

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/pictures/stutz_blackhawk_1969_prototype.html

I guess the IV Porte is the 4 door version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quick edit, ya lucky bastard. The Blackhawk was the coupe, the Bearcat the convertible, the Duplex/IV Porte the sedan.

They also made this, the Defender(coupe) and Bear(convertible. based on the suburban. looks more to me like the homer.)

Still would drive the gently caress out of them, but they're very, very terrible.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
The USA did sure make many many terrible cars in the 70s, 80s and 90s

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Powershift posted:

Quick edit, ya lucky bastard. The Blackhawk was the coupe, the Bearcat the convertible, the Duplex/IV Porte the sedan.

They also made this, the Defender(coupe) and Bear(convertible. based on the suburban. looks more to me like the homer.)

Still would drive the gently caress out of them, but they're very, very terrible.

Those headlights remind me of the Family Trickster.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Those Alfas are kind of ugly, but I don't know if I'd call it terrible car stuff. At least that one is labeled appropriately.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

wouldnt stop me from driving that thing everywhere

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

It looks startled

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Powershift posted:

Was that a presidential limo? It reminds me a lot of Cadillac One.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Crotch Fruit posted:

And at the bottom, a video of the beast getting owned by a transition from driveway to pavement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BvABn7L_So

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The story goes that wasn't a a simple matter of being high centered. It was some "dump the suspension" protection measure that got tripped. Of course, everything about the vehicle down to it's weight are classified, so we probably won't know with certainty for at least 50 years.

(note the front suspension as soon as you hear the noise)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Motronic posted:

The story goes that wasn't a a simple matter of being high centered. It was some "dump the suspension" protection measure that got tripped. Of course, everything about the vehicle down to it's weight are classified, so we probably won't know with certainty for at least 50 years.

I'm presuming that feature is to prevent an explosive from being throw underneath?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

What's the point of making it limo shaped when it's that large?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well it has to look like something, might as well go for what the common folk see as the pinnacle of luxury transportation.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

xzzy posted:

Well it has to look like something, might as well go for what the common folk see as the pinnacle of luxury transportation.

I like the Suburbans with the miniguns more.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

What's the point of making it limo shaped when it's that large?

The same reason his detail is full of bad rear end mofos wearing suits rather than fatigues: the appearance of (non-military) civilian power and prestige.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Let's play guess the car!

:ssh:
apparently an S13 Silvia!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna guess mitsuoka le seyde

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bovril Delight posted:

I'm presuming that feature is to prevent an explosive from being throw underneath?

I'm guessing blast protection for when an explosion already HAS been thrown underneath.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

I'm gonna guess mitsuoka le seyde

That's what it is now but I meant what it was before, in a similar vein to the million and one Fiero kits.

http://noriyaro.com/2012/11/gotham-drift-mitsuoka-le-seyde-sideways/

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 10, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mitsuoka also did terrible things to the S197 mustang. not as terrible as zimmer, but still fuckin terrible.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

angryhampster posted:

I'm guessing blast protection for when an explosion already HAS been thrown underneath.

So, the Presidential tank (gently caress calling that thing a "limo") throws itself on grenades?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah its called going into siege mode, you lose movement speed but you gain a ton of armor and you can shoot artillery a long way

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MrYenko posted:

So, the Presidential tank (gently caress calling that thing a "limo") throws itself on grenades?

Yes, probably. You lose comfortable suspension travel but the Beast can likely bumble itself around at slow speeds after the suspension pops.

Of course this is all speculation.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

Another William creation?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

At least nothing of value was lost.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

88h88 posted:

Is there no rear tire?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Journalist buys H1. Some prime quotes:

"I've kind of started to wonder if they were made to challenge Land Rover's dominance in the highly competitive "SUVs that have a 50/50 chance of getting you home" segment. "

"every single Hummer was fitted with a 6.5-liter General Motors turbodiesel V8, which combined the 194 horsepower of a Toyota Camry with the 438 lb-ft of torque from an angry farm tractor."

Read more here: http://jalopnik.com/buying-a-hummer-is-a-lot-harder-than-you-might-think-1690595197

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Motronic posted:

Journalist buys H1. Some prime quotes:

"I've kind of started to wonder if they were made to challenge Land Rover's dominance in the highly competitive "SUVs that have a 50/50 chance of getting you home" segment. "

"every single Hummer was fitted with a 6.5-liter General Motors turbodiesel V8, which combined the 194 horsepower of a Toyota Camry with the 438 lb-ft of torque from an angry farm tractor."

Read more here: http://jalopnik.com/buying-a-hummer-is-a-lot-harder-than-you-might-think-1690595197

Drive HMMWVs every month, can confirm.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

angryhampster posted:

I doubt it. The way MRAPs work is by being way up off the ground with a V-shaped underside to deflect the blast, not being low and absorbing it because that would just blow it the gently caress up like all the Humvees did earlier on in Iraq.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Looking through pics, found these of a car that was towed in to me after another shop (purposely) mis-diagnosed the issue in order to rip off the customer. The work was denied and the car was sent out like this:

It was rebuilt, correctly diagnosed, and lived to run another day.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

freelop posted:

It looks startled

A perplexed Skeletor

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Motronic posted:

You can also hear the BMW that comes out first scrape over the apex also.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
More Iowa.jpg

Taken outside of a Goodwill thrift store:

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 13, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I think a junkyard headlight assembly would have been cheaper than two flashlights and what appears to be an entire roll of gorilla tape. That poo poo is expensive.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I have no idea.

e: Apparently this is a thing in Australia?

https://www.flickr.com/groups/mini-supercars/pool/11105382@N08/

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 13, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rolling shutter on a smartphone, probably.

Or just a good old fashioned photoshop.

edit - or maybe it's actually real, that's kind of nuts.

double edit - nah, after looking at comments in the flickr album, they're definitely photoshops.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 13, 2015

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yeah, I dug into it a little bit and they're photoshopped. Some of them are really well done though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I think I originally saw those on SA actually. Made a few myself as they're incredibly simple to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I thought I'd go and see if anyone had tried to build one for real. Inconclusive so far, but I did briefly enter the world of smart car body kits.

Hey, that's actually pretty

:stare: