Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Aethernet posted:

Not sure how the new sectors will work - will literally only your starting cluster be under your direct control?

All sectors are under your direct control unless you choose to turn on auto-building in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's funny I expected it to be longer at first and then I recalled while long, 2.0, wasn't overly long either, even for the whole FTL rework.

But hell yeah it's patch notes time!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Months of work condensing down to a single line of "reworked economy" is probably a good thing in the end.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Fanatic Xenophile, Authoritarian.

Designate a gaia world as a thrall world, keep buying and capturing new aliens to put on it. Pick Xeno Compatibility. :getin:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AG3 posted:

Huh, simplified Chinese localization is in. Maybe they'll stop review bombing the game now.

plexe chinese now.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
2.3 when

Also the way the modding changes read make me think next expansion will be Leaders/Diplo focused for sure.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

Sectors are generates based on terrain. If I recall correctly all planets remain entirely under your control, or you can assign a governor to semi-automate a sector for you.

Excellent. I wonder how this will play out on the sidebar. Having all the planets there might be busy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

Excellent. I wonder how this will play out on the sidebar. Having all the planets there might be busy.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-126-sectors-and-factions-in-2-2.1120288/

It'll apparently collapse by sector

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Aethernet posted:

I used a mod that got rid of the planet cap once. There is certainly more scrolling involved, but it's not onerous.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Oh, no! The poor Chnoor! What will everybody's favorite octopus men do now that they've been demoted to a megacorp?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LordMune posted:

Months of work condensing down to a single line of "reworked economy" is probably a good thing in the end.

Not to hassle you guys too much, but were other Ethics changed as well? I only see Xenophobe mentioned.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not to hassle you guys too much, but were other Ethics changed as well? I only see Xenophobe mentioned.
I think authoritarian too.

Is there any way to force-spawn the set races? It'd be neat to play a few games with the "official" friendly faces.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

# Xeno-Compatibility

* Added new ascension perk: Xeno-Compatibility, which allows cross-breeding between species
Someone is totally buying this expansion because they want to have their aliens species bang other aliens and do weird eugenics (so macro CK2 in space lol).

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Splicer posted:

Caste system has gone away. They've replaced it with something else that's similar, but if you want to actually enslave your own people, you'll need Slaver Guilds.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Someone is totally buying this expansion because they want to have their aliens species bang other aliens and do weird eugenics (so macro CK2 in space lol).

Come to think of it, they just added special bloodlines to CK2 that encourage you to run a bona fide breeding program to breed a Kwisatz Haderach.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/meet-the-modders-determined-to-add-nudity-to-the-least-likely-games/

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm excited that they've ditched the requirement for rivals to be neighbours. Is there no distance cut off at all?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Splicer posted:

Is there any way to force-spawn the set races? It'd be neat to play a few games with the "official" friendly faces.

I dont think the bonus authoritarian gives you has changed but you are no longer forced to use the caste system or enslave people. Instead they've added a new 'straitified' citizenship type you use instead.

Also, to force spawn any empire you should be able to toggle it when starting a new game (when selecting your own empire). Can't get a screen shot but in the lower right corner there should be a box that looks like a bird/Phoenix that you can click. It will toggle them to never spawn, be available at random or always spawn depending on what you set it to.

So long as you don't run out of places to put them by forcing too many empires to spawn they should always show up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm having a hard time trying to search for it - have they made it so Authoritarian grants explicit slaving bonuses? I always disliked that.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
If we're going to abstract ground combat away from moving armies around, at least let it be it's own system rather than just "fleets shoot planet". Fuckin, set up some system for supply lines and fronts, where it abstracts troop deployments and reinforcement along supply lines you establish and defend. Keep your front supplied to pump military manpower into a planet until it is taken. Your military bases and forts generate manpower based on food income or something, and you set up what are almost like "trade routes", but they are supply lines for sending troops to a target, and you need to maintain control of a system to let the line run through it. That way, your fleets play a major roll in ground operations outside of just bombarding, and you don't need to do the busy work of clicking "build army" a bunch, you just set up your fronts and toggle troop production on.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 29, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Replace armies with posting.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Why would you create a Stellaris sex mod, when CK2 is a much more natural fit for this kind of dumb poo poo? Why would you mod sexy Hearthstone cards at all? I just don't get it.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Torrannor posted:

Why would you create a Stellaris sex mod, when CK2 is a much more natural fit for this kind of dumb poo poo? Why would you mod sexy Hearthstone cards at all? I just don't get it.

Some people are horny. Some people are really horny.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

See this very page:

Demiurge4 posted:

Fanatic Xenophile, Authoritarian.

Designate a gaia world as a thrall world, keep buying and capturing new aliens to put on it. Pick Xeno Compatibility. :getin:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"An unusually SFW image of Stellaris's sex mod, which includes species traits like "high volume ejaculation" and "aphrodisiac cum."

This is amazing and I'll take this over yet another anime nazi portrait set on the workshop any day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

High Volume Ejaculation - +5% starship speed.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Patch notes are exceptional. I hope that we see Sexy planets DLC soon!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Gyshall posted:

Patch notes are exceptional. I hope that we see Sexy planets DLC soon!

As you can see above, there's a mod for that.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Baronjutter posted:

"An unusually SFW image of Stellaris's sex mod, which includes species traits like "high volume ejaculation" and "aphrodisiac cum."

This is amazing and I'll take this over yet another anime nazi portrait set on the workshop any day.

If those are the only choices, then you are of course correct.

For something semi-related, I've tried a number of additional trait mods for Stellaris, but none have really been worth it. And I realized why, because most traits are just boring. +5% unity is boring, +10% energy is boring, -X% ethics attraction is boring. Enduring or fleeting are better because they at least have a real effect on the only individual characters in the game, but otherwise traits are just meh. And most trait mods have things like +X% high energy physics research or some other lame poo poo like that. Very similar to the vanilla traits, only with different combinations or adding percentage bonuses/penalties to similar values.

Most government policy slots are equally boring. Cool stuff like Life Seeded is so much better than -10% build cost.

I'm still enough of a min/max guy to pay some attention to traits, both at game start and later when I have a more multi-species empire. But it's never really been that important for me.

At least the new Xeno-compability perk is cool because of it's flavor and the fluffy feeling that all races are truly equal in your empire, and scoring a cool combination of traits can also be a nice surprise. But I won't lose sleep if my pops don't win the genetic lottery. Because as I said, pop traits are relatively boring, whether they're vanilla traits or mod traits.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Where are the in system trade graphics :reject:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Torrannor posted:

For something semi-related, I've tried a number of additional trait mods for Stellaris, but none have really been worth it. And I realized why, because most traits are just boring. +5% unity is boring, +10% energy is boring, -X% ethics attraction is boring. Enduring or fleeting are better because they at least have a real effect on the only individual characters in the game, but otherwise traits are just meh. And most trait mods have things like +X% high energy physics research or some other lame poo poo like that. Very similar to the vanilla traits, only with different combinations or adding percentage bonuses/penalties to similar values.

I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly which mod, but there's at least one mod out there which gives some expensive traits (4-7 points IIRC) which give massive bonuses to specific things and then also allow leaders to spawn with species-trait-specific leader traits.

quote:

Most government policy slots are equally boring. Cool stuff like Life Seeded is so much better than -10% build cost.

There's a mod for this too, which gives a bunch of "start of game only" civics which change your starting circumstances and/or enable unique event chains.

I'll try to remember to come back and link the mods once I get home this afternoon.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zurai posted:

I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly which mod, but there's at least one mod out there which gives some expensive traits (4-7 points IIRC) which give massive bonuses to specific things and then also allow leaders to spawn with species-trait-specific leader traits.

There's a mod for this too, which gives a bunch of "start of game only" civics which change your starting circumstances and/or enable unique event chains.

I'll try to remember to come back and link the mods once I get home this afternoon.

Thanks, that would be really appreciated. I guess I'll dive into the workshop later today as well, perhaps I can find the mods you talked about :)

Strangely enough, I love the mods that add additional levels to ship components, even though they mostly also just increase numbers. But massively out-teching the AI and building a hyper advanced fleet is oddly satisfying.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm having a hard time trying to search for it - have they made it so Authoritarian grants explicit slaving bonuses? I always disliked that.
I could have sworn this was replaced with more effective enforcers or something but I can't find it.

e: it was in a dev diary or a tweet or such

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

* Reworked sectors to be automatically generated, removing the "mini-economies" and having them directly contribute to your empire stockpiles

I've just realised I'm probably going to miss being able use sectors as piggy banks during war time

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Splicer posted:

I coulda sworn there were changes to Xenophile and Pacifist talked about at some point either in dev diaries or Wiz quotes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Torrannor posted:

Post-Apocalyptic should really require that you only settle on tomb worlds. Or they gradually get that way once you land there.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I hope I can still make a feudal society so everyone obeys The Space King

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Terraforming by bombardment!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Re: At start only Civics vs normal civics: I really really wish everyone had to pick (at least one) at-start only and two normals, isntead of this odd you get two and they may or may not be at-start only.

Splicer posted:

I could have sworn this was replaced with more effective enforcers or something but I can't find it.

e: it was in a dev diary or a tweet or such
Ah gotchya, that is good to hear even if we arent sure exactly what it is. I always thought it funny that if you went Authoritarian and didnt enslave poo poo it meant you were being SUBOPTIMAL.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
This might be a dumb question, but I've only been playing this about a month now.

Can you have robots without being a robo-hive mind? I want a society of individually-minded robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

prefect posted:

Post-Apocalyptic should really require that you only settle on tomb worlds. Or they gradually get that way once you land there.

"Goddamit, I hate those- what the gently caress do you call that stuff?"

"Leaves?"

"loving unnatural is what they are. Pass the uranium core, will you? I've got that dance to go to next week, and I don't want ANY hair on my head messing things up between me and Jenny."