Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I'm surprised you even offered to do it for him given the astronomical chances of something going wrong. I'd have taken one look at the truck and the board, put the cash in my pocket, said "Enjoy your new bike" and walked back inside.

It's good that it worked out relatively well for you though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GraceSpelman/status/1065461855307685888

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Amazing.

"CALL 911!"

BONG

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Shot full of arrows is an unusual way to die these days, but the story has so so much more if you’re an insufferable anti theist.
Guy repeatedly tries to land on island full of hostile aboriginal people. Island and inhabitants protected under every imaginable law to prevent outside influences ruining their unspoilt way of life.
Family of guy appears in news to ‘forgive’ the islanders for killing their child. Do you feel it? The shiver of anticipation? BOOM: he’s a missionary!

quote:

John Allen Chau: Family forgive tribe who killed American http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46300459

Ahhhhh I’m so glad he’s not with us anymore

quote:

He wrote he was "doing this to establish the kingdom of Jesus on the island... Do not blame the natives if I am killed," the source said

This entire island has almost no resistance to any modern diseases because it’s kept deliberately isolated: think of the islanders arrows as natures vaccines, if it makes you happier!

Torquemada has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Nov 22, 2018

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I guess he was hoping to convert a solid bunch of them as quickly as possible so they were fully prepared to be accepted into the lord's warm embrace when they inevitably die in droves from whatever hosed up diseases he's inherited resistances to and was carrying around like some hosed up force field

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
:freep:: “Stand your ground laws aren’t supposed to be for brown heathens!”

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

My brain interprets this image both as an image and a sound-clip.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Portland OR is so crazy racist, glad the guy didn't get in trouble for defending himself

wyoming posted:

Yeah I was honestly surprised they didn't gun him down, then I read the dude he punched was homeless, Portland hates the homeless more than anyone else.

Pretty cool generalizations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Woodburger posted:

Earned ones, at least

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Torquemada posted:

Shot full of arrows is an unusual way to die these days, but the story has so so much more if you’re an insufferable anti theist.
Guy repeatedly tries to land on island full of hostile aboriginal people. Island and inhabitants protected under every imaginable law to prevent outside influences ruining their unspoilt way of life.
Family of guy appears in news to ‘forgive’ the islanders for killing their child. Do you feel it? The shiver of anticipation? BOOM: he’s a missionary!

Ahhhhh I’m so glad he’s not with us anymore

This entire island has almost no resistance to any modern diseases because it’s kept deliberately isolated: think of the islanders arrows as natures vaccines, if it makes you happier!

No discussion of the Sentinelese is complete without mentioning that the reason they're so hostile to outsiders is that back in 1880, when they were still just terrified of outsiders, British naval officers kidnapped an elderly Sentinelese couple and four kids; the elderly couple died (probably of those diseases you mentioned) and the kids were sent back, but ever since the Sentinelese have shifted from terror to "gently caress you, you're not kidnapping and magically murdering any more of us".

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

snergle posted:

there is not rant in that. its just him explaining how an open forum works and saying he will hold everyone to the 2 mins then passing the floor to the person to call people up to speak.

Fatty posted:

The Schadenfreude is on me for watching this video a couple of times to try and catch the rant and figure out why the gently caress you posted it.

Its just a guy explaining meeting procedure.

e: drat YOU!

poo poo, I posted the wrong video, my bad! The guy who filmed it made like 20 different videos of the meeting so it confused me a bit. Also the schadenfreude is still there cause the town council president lost his re-election over this

Here's the rant,
https://youtu.be/HLC4PGMqDMQ

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Woodburger posted:

It's full of rich white people and you can feel it as soon as the plane sets down in PDX

you guys barely have any signs in different languages there, almost everything is in English

walking down the street in Portland, OR when you're from anywhere else in the US is like walking into a big-rear end privileged college dorm. it's just young white people as far as the eye can see, and businesses catering to those sentiments

you gotta search for the POC peeps and businesses, and you can literally feel their absence in the streets and communities. My husband is Latino and was like JESUS CHRIST WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE

Portland, OR is literally the whitest place I have ever been, even I was uncomfortable with all the white people and I'm white!

it is an earned reputation

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Nov 22, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder Oregon was started as whites only colony.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m sorry you had to suffer through that

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
thanks, i'm back now around POC and non-whites and it's much better, may all of you be so blessed

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What is your first language?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I’m sorry you have to suffer through that

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Handsome Ralph posted:

poo poo, I posted the wrong video, my bad! The guy who filmed it made like 20 different videos of the meeting so it confused me a bit. Also the schadenfreude is still there cause the town council president lost his re-election over this

Here's the rant,
https://youtu.be/HLC4PGMqDMQ

thanks for posting the rant. i hope the woman also lost reelection. the guy who posted his apology seemed sincere but also had no idea why it happened.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

thanks, i'm back now around POC and non-whites and it's much better, may all of you be so blessed

Sounds like everyone wins

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

snergle posted:

thanks for posting the rant. i hope the woman also lost reelection. the guy who posted his apology seemed sincere but also had no idea why it happened.

Sadly, she did not. She came in second to last and from what I hear, she will likely be the first to go next election (so 2020) or will just retire as no one else wants to hear her poo poo.

She was also my fifth grade teacher, and I can confirm on a personal level she's batshit insane.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Click play, close your eyes, imagine what happens.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Woodburger posted:

Yeah no it's racist as gently caress.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

What about Portland Maine?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Nevermind

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oldpainless posted:

What about Portland Maine?

strangely, they're the most anti-racist. Just ask their black friend

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was about to post that! :argh:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I want to hug that dog.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Vertigo or drunk?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1065434935459278848

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

balance just goes

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have lost track. What is Gab?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

aggressively racist twitter as opposed to passively racist twitter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So regular Twitter?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

marshmallow creep posted:

Gab is the twitter for 'free speech supporters'- on other words, people who were too toxic even for Twitter. That said, between crypto apparently turning on them and Gab's own ban on lolicon it may seem that some of them might not even have this safe space :unsmigghh:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/_FleerUltra/status/1065755625131569152

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Gavin McInnes claims he "was never the leader, just the founder" as he quits the Proud Boys. Die a slow and painful death you racist piece of poo poo.

https://theprovince.com/news/canada/gavin-mcinnes-quits-proud-boys/wcm/784680b8-b715-43ba-b574-b99986709a85

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dillbag posted:

Gavin McInnes claims he "was never the leader, just the founder" as he quits the Proud Boys. Die a slow and painful death you racist piece of poo poo.

https://theprovince.com/news/canada/gavin-mcinnes-quits-proud-boys/wcm/784680b8-b715-43ba-b574-b99986709a85

quote:

He said he did this reluctantly, as he sees the Proud Boys as the greatest fraternal organization in the world, but “rumours and lies and terrible journalism has made its way to the court system.”
:thunk: