Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It’s ridiculously competitive. I’m told that if they stock anything in a convenience store that doesn’t sell out on its first day, they just find something else.

Ya also they have tons of freshly made food which you might think is just packaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Gort posted:

Can recommend the green tea ones and it's novel to eat a green Kitkat
I really want to try the sakura-flavoured ones I've heard about someday, just to see how it compares to rose-flavoured lokum, which I like a lot.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
"David lynch has some weird fake yoga scam going" is a funny reason to hate his movies when you consider how many bangers Tom Cruise makes despite being in one of the most evil cults in the world

Edge of Tomorrow is one of the GOAT time travel movies prove me wrong

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
having not considered the question too deeply, 12 monkeys is probably my goat time travel film

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best movie with time travel in it is terminator 2 but the best movie about time travel is 12 monkeys yeah

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
If you spend longer than a week in japan I guarantee you will be vomit-inducingly sick of artificial green tea flavoured things

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's Timecop for it's unimpeachable rollercoaster car that flies into a wall sending you through time, and then to get back you tap on a wristband.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

I really want to try the sakura-flavoured ones I've heard about someday, just to see how it compares to rose-flavoured lokum, which I like a lot.

My personal favourite were the hokkaido melon ones

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The best time travel movie is obviously Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Time Travel is my favourite sci-fi plot device :D I must have seen hundreds of them!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wolfsheim posted:

It’s faithfulness to the light novel medium is incredible. Especially when Tom Cruise’s character is like, if you have sex with me will that solve the problem?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

haveblue posted:

The best movie with time travel in it is terminator 2 but the best movie about time travel is 12 monkeys yeah

Le Jetee is better :colbert:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShoogaSlim posted:

the old loon is selling meditation via "certified" "teachers." it is 100% a scam.

if he's offering free classes to students and veterans and they get something positive out of it, fine, but that's obviously marketing to lure in actual paying customers. haven't you ever played a F2P mobile game? it apparently costs around $1000 to learn, and they offer scholarships lol give me a loving break.

if you like his movies then go nuts but do not defend this snake oil bullshit with any shred of seriousness.

Do you think you could maybe lay out your grievances with Lynch in some kind of 6 hour post?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I watched some of Tims video, not really my cup of tea: find the idea of dating sims pretty cringe. More 4 hour doom reviews please

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's something about Tim Jones or whatever his name is' voice or affectation that I really just can't do. someone tell me he also offers free Kabbalah lessons so I can have a real reason to hate him

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I watched some of Tims video, not really my cup of tea: find the idea of dating sims pretty cringe. More 4 hour doom reviews please

The pacman review is imo the most interesting

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

The pacman review is imo the most interesting

Oh no doubt its also great but i have a special place in my heart for Doom!

I wonder what happened to that master's of doom Netflix show

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh no doubt its also great but i have a special place in my heart for Doom!

I wonder what happened to that master's of doom Netflix show

Looks like it was USA, and considering the announcement was late 2019 I'm guessing the answer is "COVID", hopefully they'll get back to it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Wolfsheim posted:

"David lynch has some weird fake yoga scam going" is a funny reason to hate his movies when you consider how many bangers Tom Cruise makes despite being in one of the most evil cults in the world

yeah TM is gross but entirely harmless compared to literally every other pseudoreligious scam of decent size. I had an aunt who got into it and frankly it didn't really do her any harm other than making her more insufferable than she already was and spending too much money on ayurvedic rose petal jam (which, to be fair, is delicious)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Bust Rodd posted:

So do you just not believe that certain people can be trained in the art of meditation or do you just refute wholesale the idea that meditation and mindfulness can help people deal with stress and anxiety?

Either way this is ultra-premium 2003 edge lord power-posting.

Snake Oil is different than offering free meditation therapy to children and veterans, lmao

i meditate often and have been doing so for the better part of the last decade or so. i've been to donation based buddhist communities (https://www.dharmapunxnyc.com/ is a great example if you're in NYC) that welcome all and guide them through meditation without needing them to pay for one on one sessions to learn how to sit still, repeat some mantra (that the DL foundation likes to claim is a deeply guarded secret that costs money), and not chase your thoughts.

i wholeheartedly believe that meditation is therapeutic and can be transformative for those who practice it. i reject that you need to pay someone with a "certificate" $1000++ to learn how to do it. if you defend that, you're a literal embarrassment of a human.

SiKboy posted:

See, what we have here is not "failure to seperate art from artist" so much as "You dont like the art, so have gone looking for a reason to dislike the artist to justify it".

wrong. i don't like DL films because i don't like DL films. i meant i was trying to separate the art from the artist bc i didn't want my judgement of DL as a sneaky bullshit salesmen to muddle my already low opinion of his art that i already don't like.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShoogaSlim posted:

i meditate often and have been doing so for the better part of the last decade or so.

i wholeheartedly believe that meditation is therapeutic and can be transformative for those who practice it. i reject that you need to pay someone with a "certificate" $1000++ to learn how to do it. if you defend that, you're a literal embarrassment of a human.

Dude same on both but you're being weird stop it play some video games

If you meditate so much you should be more chill. Embrace the chill. In the grand scheme of things Lynch is like, barely even a blip on the Evil Radar

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh wait I just saw that you don't like his movies lol. That explains a lot. I don't think you're separating art from artist as much as you think you are.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

personally i am stunned that david lynch of all people has weird metaphysical ideas

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Weedle posted:

personally i am stunned that david lynch of all people has weird metaphysical ideas

Next you're gonna tell me he smokes weed!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

personally... i don't give a poo poo!!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
David Lynch was much easier to appreciate when life wasn’t objectively more terrifying than his surrealist nightmares

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I have a black belt in meditation

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

The ending is a bit meh but ya its one of the best time travel flicks. Right up there with Looper imo.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Whenever I try meditation I just end up falling asleep because I’m not used to getting rid of external stimuli

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goblin week posted:

Whenever I try meditation I just end up falling asleep because I’m not used to getting rid of external stimuli

same but playing Nier:A

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I almost fell asleep in an MRI machine once, after being warned a lot of people find it stressful

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dune is a cool film, who the hell hates Dune

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It takes 6 hours for this thread to generate a new title, more like.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Dune is a cool film, who the hell hates Dune

You just reminded me that I bought a copy of Dune like months ago and totally forgot about it lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

haveblue posted:

Looper is pretty good.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

It takes 6 hours for this thread to generate a new title, more like.

Check this out:

Lotta titles there.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

You just reminded me that I bought a copy of Dune like months ago and totally forgot about it lol

look if we are making confessions here i still haven't watched blade runner and i bought that in high school

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

shoutout to Timecop

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Check this out:

Lotta titles there.
No kidding. Huh, I think 2020 might actually work out to a six-day average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

haveblue posted:

I almost fell asleep in an MRI machine once, after being warned a lot of people find it stressful

same here

also the best time travel movie is primer