Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4976256926.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is that one of those rear-facing seats like my (and everybody's) grandmother's old station wagon? I loved those seats.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is that one of those rear-facing seats like my (and everybody's) grandmother's old station wagon? I loved those seats.

A good friend of mine got a blowjob in one of those rear-facing wagon seats while his father was driving the car. I sat in that same seat, but all I got was nauseated from exhaust fumes. I should have held my breath for the hour it took us to idle our way out of the jam-packed parking lot following that Billy Graham event.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4965481092.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am sure the repo man will be very understanding.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

What i have 2000 bmw 528 sport wagon cold weather edition adult owned and are they getting harder to find. Heated leather interior in great condition with one small cut in driver's seat. Recently replaced items : brakes (front and rear), abs control module, rear half shaft. Just had oil changed. Serviced regularly, no leaks. Clean title in hand. I will only sell knowing she is going to a good home. That means if your a two faced a-hole, like both of my brother in laws (Mark and Stephen) don't waste my time. Don't worry i'm not totally crazy. Knowing she going to a good home comes first. Call/text if you have any questions thank you show contact info
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Unless it's a stick shift or cheap as hell, i'd hold out for a 540. the 540 is barely enough power for the car.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Seems decent?

http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/4987785042.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Powershift posted:

Unless it's a stick shift or cheap as hell, i'd hold out for a 540. the 540 is barely enough power for the car.

pretty sure he posted it because of the "two faced a-hole, like both of my brother in laws (Mark and Stephen) don't waste my time" bit at the end, which is pretty funny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The dealer we bought my girlfriend's Scion from has a '99 Classic with 138K miles on it listed at $6000. I bought a '99 with 68K on he clock for that much 10 years ago.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Rhyno posted:

The dealer we bought my girlfriend's Scion from has a '99 Classic with 138K miles on it listed at $6000. I bought a '99 with 68K on he clock for that much 10 years ago.

Yeah I am not too fond of how people are now demanding a premium for them.

I texted the seller this morning. No response and the listing has been removed. Balls.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

10 years ago was also before Cash for Clunkers. XJs were the 6th highest destroyed car on the list with many tens of thousands of them destroyed, not to mention the rest that have naturally gone to the scrapyard or rusted away since then.

Kinda hard comparing today's used car prices with ten years ago. There's also inflation to consider.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The used car market is in total influx. There is deals to be had, but with craigslist, it seems like its become a lot harder to snatch them up.

I am starting to just drive through small towns and see whats out there for sale. I just hate carrying any amount of cash over $100.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Either someone's confused about what "never" means or they're confused about "accident."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

VideoTapir posted:

Either someone's confused about what "never" means or they're confused about "accident."

That looks like old lady parking lot damage; the owner probably doesn't consider it an "accident" unless it hits another car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BoostCreep posted:

10 years ago was also before Cash for Clunkers. XJs were the 6th highest destroyed car on the list with many tens of thousands of them destroyed, not to mention the rest that have naturally gone to the scrapyard or rusted away since then.

Kinda hard comparing today's used car prices with ten years ago. There's also inflation to consider.

I completely understand this. It doesn't make it any less frustrating.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Rhyno posted:

99 was mechanically the peak year for Cherokee freaks, so they command a bit of a premium. 97 and 01 XJs still sell, but slower and lower.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

99 was mechanically the peak year for Cherokee freaks, so they command a bit of a premium. 97 and 01 XJs still sell, but slower and lower.

Well, I drove it today. AC doesn't work, it reeks of coolant, rear power windows don't go down. Rear wiper doesn't work. Roof rail on the passenger side has been bent to poo poo and hammered back into place. Power steering pump loving screams when you turn the wheel. Massive clunk when shifting from reverse. I went to find some gravel but the salesman told me I couldn't engage 4WD without putting a deposit down.

Edit: They also don't mention it was in an accident in their ad but it had a huge CARFAX sticker on the windshield. Also this

According to the salesman "it's just spark plugs, a new set and that'll go away."

Uh huh. Sure.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 23, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I think that's a case where it's appropriate to laugh in their face and walk away.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I think that's a case where it's appropriate to laugh in their face and walk away.

The last time I test-drove a used car it was a Mazdaspeed Miata on behalf of a friend who couldn't drive stick. It drove alright, but the entire rear shelf that the roof folded down into was full of mold and water. I tried pointing it out to the sales guy and he told me it wasn't his problem, I laughed and we walked out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

Well, I drove it today. AC doesn't work, it reeks of coolant, rear power windows don't go down. Rear wiper doesn't work. Roof rail on the passenger side has been bent to poo poo and hammered back into place. Power steering pump loving screams when you turn the wheel. Massive clunk when shifting from reverse. I went to find some gravel but the salesman told me I couldn't engage 4WD without putting a deposit down.

Edit: They also don't mention it was in an accident in their ad but it had a huge CARFAX sticker on the windshield. Also this

According to the salesman "it's just spark plugs, a new set and that'll go away."

Uh huh. Sure.

Offer 500 and walk.

That's a dashboard pull, hatch wiring harness rebuild (they break at the flex boot), some junkyard parts, a PS pump, probably motor mounts and trans mount and ujoints in the driveshafts, and a paint huffing retard of a salesperson who thinks you can break an XJ on stock tires by putting it in 4wd.

Should have used the key trick to pull the codes in front of him :v:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

the salesman told me I couldn't engage 4WD without putting a deposit down.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
No poo poo. I wouldn't buy any 4wd without putting it in 4H and 4L. My rule of thumb is if I can't get it into every gear on my test drive, I'm not interested.

This has netted me a speeding ticket once when I was test riding a motorcycle for my wife, but small price to pay. The bike was great, she bought it that day, but the guy was starting to think I'd stolen it since I was gone a while (getting a ticket)!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah no poo poo.

I started blasting the listing on a local auto group and I was PMed by the dealership politely asking me to take my comments down. I guess one of their employees is also a part of that group.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Did you politely tell them to gently caress off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Did you politely tell them to gently caress off?

I was actually very nice about it and said I'd take them down if they updated their listing to include all the flaws.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Rhyno posted:

I was actually very nice about it and said I'd take them down if they updated their listing to include all the flaws.

holy smokes a civil transaction!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr-Spain posted:

holy smokes a civil transaction!

Well they were very pleasant, if they been like "TAKE IT THE gently caress DOWN" I'd have responded in kind.

quote:

"Rhyno, I understand you test drove one of our used vehicles today and were less than impressed with it's advertised condition. Please understand that we move a massive volume of budget priced used cars that sometimes in our haste we miss details or minor issues with the car. Now having read your write up I can see there are some major issues with this Jeep that need to be remedied and I will do my best to do so immediately. I also understand from your comments that you recently purchased a vehicle from us. Let me just say that we appreciate your business and hope that the state of the Jeep Cherokee did not put you off of a future purchase from us."

I am blown away by this.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Well they were very pleasant, if they been like "TAKE IT THE gently caress DOWN" I'd have responded in kind.

I am blown away by this.

Details or minor issues :stare:

quote:

AC doesn't work, it reeks of coolant, rear power windows don't go down. Rear wiper doesn't work. Roof rail on the passenger side has been bent to poo poo and hammered back into place. Power steering pump loving screams when you turn the wheel. Massive clunk when shifting from reverse. I went to find some gravel but the salesman told me I couldn't engage 4WD without putting a deposit down.

Any dealership that designates those as minor issues or details deserves a lightning strike in the middle of the night.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Colorado Justy LeMons Team? Average cost could easily be $500 to buy.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Tremek linked those in IRC the other day. You should definitely buy them...

... and then sell me a harmonic balancer, an oil pan, an oil pump drive sprocket, some timing covers, and a rearview mirror :v:

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
You guys will probably see far more gold in this than I did, and I saw a LOT.

quote:

2006 Subaru WRX STI

I unfortunately have to sell my race car. I really need to buy a house this summer. If your want more pics let me know. There is a little bit of hail damage just on the roof I have a friend that can fix it for $1000. Also the rims have light rash on them, Alberta wheel wants $800 to fix them and repaint them the same colour. Other then that the car has 170,000km on the body and 10kms on a brand new engine. It needs a tune I'm trying to get one soon. All these will factor into the negotiations.

Rays wheels
Gimmick front mount intercooler
Blitz blow off valve
Garrett turbo
New battery
New clarion deck
Aqua mist water meth kit installed just not hooked up until the tune
Beatrush pitch stop mount
Triple gauge pod
Hks exhaust
Sibon carbon fiber hood and trunk
Brand new clutch
Machined flywheel

I owe a little left on the car but as soon as the buyer purchases the car I will go straight to the bank. Any other questions feel free to ask. Text or email only please. Car is located in Lethbridge but willing to work out delivery if need be.

Text 4033154200

$25,000 obo

Edit: This one isn't nearly as gold I suppose, but it strikes me as an absolutely insane price. Dealer I know but christ, it's the base model, not the Sport-Tech. You can get a new 2015 with more kit for less OTD than that. Do people actually buy these?

SiliconX fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 25, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I mean, aside from the obvious of wanting $25k for a 9-10 year old sports car with 106000 miles on it, I'm pretty sure the BOV fucks up the air monitoring on a Subaru.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Also those wheels are way hosed if AB Wheel quoted him $800 to repair. On the tC wheels I use as Vibe summers I had them repair the 2 with curb rash, straighten 3 bent ones (one was full taco on the back flange- my brother ran them backwards over a curb at 70-80km/h), and had them completely strip them, polish the spoke faces, paint the inset bits and clear the whole thing and machine them to fit Pontiac center caps and it was under a grand.
But yeah that's basically albertausedsubaru.jpg. They're all hosed and/or overpriced.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 25, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean, aside from the obvious of wanting $25k for a 9-10 year old sports car with 106000 miles on it, I'm pretty sure the BOV fucks up the air monitoring on a Subaru.

Not if you recirculate it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:birddrugs: :goatdrugs: :catdrugs: ISUZU VEHICROSS FOR SALE :catdrugs: :goatdrugs: :birddrugs:

This beauty can be yours for only $8500!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

I wish I had 6000 dollars to spend on a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

SiliconX posted:

You guys will probably see far more gold in this than I did, and I saw a LOT.

Edit: This one isn't nearly as gold I suppose, but it strikes me as an absolutely insane price. Dealer I know but christ, it's the base model, not the Sport-Tech. You can get a new 2015 with more kit for less OTD than that. Do people actually buy these?

AMERICAN CANADIAN fiscal responsibility at its finest. How much do you think he's underwater on that car, and how much do you think he spent to have that "new race car" engine put in?