Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Belfast premium cruiser.
Like most british ships, it's quite ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'd put money on the first premiums being

III: Amphion (1911)
VII: Dido
VIII: Belfast

e: Score, got Belfast right, but then that one was exceedingly obvious

I can think of other premiums, ie Adelaide is to Weymouth as Krasny Krym is to Sveitlana, four different Leander class famous enough to warrant the treatment, but they'll be later if at all.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 17, 2016

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Just a note on the Minotaur, according to this thread, its 6" guns can each fire at 20RPM. Thats twice as fast as Des Moines. They are also AA capable so its likely this thing will be up there with Des Moines in terms of AA. A lot depends on the RN shell characteristics, if they are like Cleveland then the Minotaur will be no use, but if they were like the T6-T8 Russian CA's then there's hope.

The other interesting thing is that these ships are all 6" guns and lower, ie Light Cruisers, so its a precedent for perhaps sorting out the Cleveland and maybe even 155mm Mogami into their proper lines/tiers.

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 17, 2016

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Just had a game of 12 nassau vs 12 nassau. loving amazing and absolutely worth getting up early for.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They don't really need the precedent, since they've been talking about the US CL/CA split as in progress, coming, soon, etc for a year now.

Also, the Neptune and Minotaur 6" guns are different to the others in muzzle velocity, the ones at 6-8 are notably faster, 4-5 are slightly faster again.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Ghetto Prince posted:

Just had a game of 12 nassau vs 12 nassau. loving amazing and absolutely worth getting up early for.

Umikaze drivers, start your engines.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

kaesarsosei posted:

If there was even 1 dd in the match it would have been a massacre. It turns like a pig and accelerates like a heroin addict.

The secondaries are lovely though.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

kaesarsosei posted:

There will be more battleship drivers who know what they're doing mixed in randomly, might suck a bit.

Minotaur should be interesting to see. Those shells might be too little but the reload rate should be a barrel of laughs.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Party like it is 1915!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

SkySteak posted:

Party like it is 1915!

I can't wait till tomorrow on the real server.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

SkySteak posted:

Party like it is 1915!

It's like the margins of the Kaiser's notes.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

I can't wait till tomorrow on the real server.

A real server would already have the Scharnhorst :colbert:

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Such beautiful games like this are already taking place.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

700mb patch down, but still another 1gb patch to go :negative:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Why the gently caress would you go with RN cruisers first when literally everyone who plays this game wants to drive the Dreadnought?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
...and at work for another ~8 hours then download time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Can confirm the Nassau is just as terrible as all the other tier 3 battleships

Only 7 Nassau a side, and a Phoenix still picked up high calibre, confederate, and witherer.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 17, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

Why the gently caress would you go with RN cruisers first when literally everyone who plays this game wants to drive the Dreadnought?

They seem to like releasing cruisers and dds first. Not sure why. Might be a documentation thing, but the RN actually has real battleships and probably has spring styles for days. Might be an issue with the ten or just battleships being bigger models that take more lead time.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

NTRabbit posted:

Can confirm the Nassau is just as terrible as all the other tier 3 battleships

Only 7 Nassau a side, and a Phoenix still picked up high calibre, confederate, and witherer.

I'll have to take a Kuma out for some fun.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hilariously, Nassau seems pretty impervious to Nassau AP at most ranges and angles, everything except nose on really, so there's a lot of impotent slugging going on right now. HE seems to be the order of the day.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 17, 2016

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

gunna rake up some mad xp in my wakkietakkie

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the range on a Nassau? Kiting a ton of Nassau's and lighting them all on fire sounds like a lot of fun. You might even be able to do it in a Saint Louis.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

ArchangeI posted:

To keep the cruiser number high in games otherwise it would become world of battleships.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the range on a Nassau? Kiting a ton of Nassau's and lighting them all on fire sounds like a lot of fun. You might even be able to do it in a Saint Louis.

10.1 upgraded, a narrow 300m for the St. Louis to operate in.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

10.1 upgraded, a narrow 300m for the St. Louis to operate in.

Might be able to get a bit more by getting ahead of them, but it's probably a job for the bogatyr.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Hilariously, Nassau seems pretty impervious to Nassau AP at most ranges and angles, everything except nose on really, so there's a lot of impotent slugging going on right now. HE seems to be the order of the day.

So like the scharn in that nose one is as bad as being broadside while nose tipped to one side bounces everything? That'll be amusing to watch people learn.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

So like the scharn in that nose one is as bad as being broadside while nose tipped to one side bounces everything? That'll be amusing to watch people learn.

Pretty much. It's got a pretty flat arc too, so there's no plunging fire, still haven't managed a citadel on anything yet.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
How close does Scharnhorst have to be to pen broadside battleships?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Might be able to get a bit more by getting ahead of them, but it's probably a job for the bogatyr.

I'm completely okay with that. Lots of fire damage, even without DE. I'm still 2 or 3 points from AFT, though. Is there anything else at T3 that can hit 13km? I know T4 BBs and presumably other stuff can hit farther than that, but I think if I'm out at 12 or more nobody at T3 can touch that.

I love the Saint Louis and Bogatyr for anti-DD. A 6-8 gun volley just wrecks a DD in closer. I got 3 DDs in my Saint Louis a few days ago because our Langley got spotted and they wanted to torpedo it so hard that they weren't dodging.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

xthetenth posted:

They seem to like releasing cruisers and dds first. Not sure why. Might be a documentation thing, but the RN actually has real battleships and probably has spring styles for days. Might be an issue with the ten or just battleships being bigger models that take more lead time.
Well I mean, BBs start at T3 so it's gotta connect to something. And I guess they figure if they're going to make a T2 and T3 cruiser might as well just make the whole tree first?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vengarr posted:

How close does Scharnhorst have to be to pen broadside battleships?

Shoot their superstructures.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Shoot their superstructures.

Won't that overpen at close range?

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I'm really struggling to citadel cruisers with the Scharnhorst due to that flat trajectory. I'm almost wondering if I should be slinging HE instead with all the overpens or aim better or something. I'm pretty good with cruiser AP but haven't really gotten the hang of beating up cruisers with battleship AP. I'm usually aiming for the waterline under smokestacks per usual, but especially with the Scharnhorst I'm doing very little with that approach. Any suggestions?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Found this on another board, ingame pics.
http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/59343-ingame-pics-of-all-upcoming-british-cruisers-courtesy-of-eisenkarl/

Krogort fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 17, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They're definitely a lot further along than I thought they'd be

So the tier 9 is the peak of the 4 triples gameplay, and then the 10 steps off on its own with 5 doubles in the very fancy post war turrets.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 17, 2016

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtbKSXoueks

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

So the tier 9 is the peak of the 4 triples gameplay, and then the 10 steps off on its own with 5 doubles in the very fancy post war turrets.

Looking forwards to the Worcester(shire).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Calling all wehraboos, wargaming knows you are out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WO3M1Ed24

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

xthetenth posted:

Looking forwards to the Worcester(shire).

Should be a saucy boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Calling all wehraboos, wargaming knows you are out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1WO3M1Ed24

Huh weird, they forgot the torpedo hit that collapsed the stern on the rudders, the poor AA that didn't shoot down a single swordfish and the inadequate underwater protection that let the PoW hole her underwater. What a strange set of coincidences.