Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

i have like zero interest in jalter, but im still tempted to roll for her because everyone says she's so good gameplay wise.

She is very good, but kind of requires a certain team setup to operate best (one that can generate a lot of crit stars / take the heat off her since she has pretty low HP). Very selfish operator, but she's one of the three in the "Break FGO over your knees" Squad (her, Waver, and Merlin).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

If you're not rolling for Jalter, the next few months until Camelot still has a lot of 5 stars:
-Shuten Douji (AoE Assassin, which is a thing only Phantom does)
-Xuanzang (The best DPS you'll get from a Caster until like Caster Nero)
-Minamoto no Yorimitsu (Close to being Jalter in damage with her kit+passives, easily the best farmer zerker)
Raikou/Minamoto and Ozymandias (comes a little after Raikou) are IMO the ones to shoot for following Jalter. I'm especially looking forward to Ozy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I didn't mention Ozy because he is in the release banner for Camelot, along with Nictoris (AoE caster farmer) and Saberlot (Secret 5 star single target Arts Saber).

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

after Jalter I'm not rolling until archertoria

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
after Jalter, I'm not rolling until Sanzang. And then Raikou.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'll throw random rolls here and there but the next one I'm aiming for is Punch Saint.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm so glad I got all of Summer 2016 part 2 in JP, or I'd be really tempted. 150 quartz got me everyone, which was really quite the lucky break for me. After Merlin I'll save for Kiyo Lancer or something. Depends on if I get Summer Nito or not in JP this year.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The next two on my list is Saber Lancelot and Ruler Martha. After that, thankfully, from what I remember there's nobody I care about until the end of the year, where Caster Gil, Merlin, and King Hassan all hit in a train, basically one right after the other. December and January will be the true test to my wallet.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Found the perfect solution for dealing with the cliffhanger of the last singularity just before the Da Vinci event!

Good as new!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
im not rolling for anything after jalter until summer marie

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm gonna end up with a bunch of maries and no squirtoria or marthas

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Might try for Saberlot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tae posted:

If you're not rolling for Jalter, the next few months until Camelot still has a lot of 5 stars:
-Shuten Douji (AoE Assassin, which is a thing only Phantom does)
-Xuanzang (The best DPS you'll get from a Caster until like Caster Nero)
-Minamoto no Yorimitsu (Close to being Jalter in damage with her kit+passives, easily the best farmer zerker)

-Meh
-Boobs
-BOOBS

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
My workplace hands out amazon giftcards for productivity and I have a few stashed up. I completely bombed trying to summon Helena and Medb, so I am considering cashing those in for apple cards and whaling for Shuten and Xuanzang when they come out.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

It is a little less than two days to the great Gachapocalypse, when Jeanne Alter will happily bathe in the ocean of tears and despair that is to come. In light of that, I would just like to take the time to remind all of you of one important fact.

The gacha is

bad civilization.

To balance out those few posts where someone will get JAlter off of a single summon ticket...

I put 90 quartz trying for Edison and came out of it with 4x4* CE's and a bunch of 3* servants that were instantly burned for prisms.

Gacha really is bad civilization.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

But she's a great drinking buddy and enjoys teasing Brotoki.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Whole bunch of new info dropped, C. Stars are now shown on the card wheel before you select and are updated when using skills that affect it.

Catalante will be on the Lostbelt banner with Anastasia, and she's only 4 stars, hell yeah.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

5* Anastasia (honestly a little surprised, I'd have thought she'd be the storylock Servant)
4* Atalante Alter
3* Avicebron, to no one's surprise.

Also the Bronze Servants get actual backgrounds on their card art now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Aurora posted:

Whole bunch of new info dropped, C. Stars are now shown on the card wheel before you select and are updated when using skills that affect it.
As in, you know what the crit chance is on each card without even clicking on the wheel?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Really want to get that Fiore CE, but considering my 5* CE luck, we'll be meeting sooner or later. I don't think anything on this banner is limited.

Nate RFB posted:

As in, you know what the crit chance is on each card without even clicking on the wheel?

Yes. That way you can't shuffle the crit chance by going back and forth between the attack and skill menus, and it only gets updated if you swap out a Servant or use the shuffle cards command from the Mage's Association Mystic Code.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm thinking or re-rolling for Jalter. Not sure I'll do it, or if I do it that I won't just keep it as yet another alternate account I'll use from time to time when I'm bored.

Gave up on the Mephisto playthrough for now, ironically due to not rolling him.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sylphid posted:

Yes. That way you can't shuffle the crit chance by going back and forth between the attack and skill menus, and it only gets updated if you swap out a Servant or use the shuffle cards command from the Mage's Association Mystic Code.
I assume it gets updated when you use a skill that generates stars at least.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I just realized this is probably gonna be the last full day of the Epic of Remnant title screen. drat I'm gonna miss it. I finished Part 1 on May 3 or thereabouts (couple days after the CCC event started, BB being THE reason I rushed through the story as I did), so I've only gone about 3 months in my entire FGO career of 14 months without the EoR title screen. Once that title screen changes, then I'll know Part 2 is officially On.

Nate RFB posted:

I assume it gets updated when you use a skill that generates stars at least.

Well yeah. If you use a skill that adds stars to the pool, they're just automatically redirected toward the folks using them. Just saying prior that those are the only two methods by which the crit stars can get shuffled again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sylphid posted:

Well yeah. If you use a skill that adds stars to the pool, they're just automatically redirected toward the folks using them. Just saying prior that those are the only two methods by which the crit stars can get shuffled again.
Wouldn't that mean that something like Instinct is now a pseudo-star gather skill like Protection of World's End?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Wouldn't that mean that something like Instinct is now a pseudo-star gather skill like Protection of World's End?

It's a brave new world.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wonder what happens if none of the Instinct user's cards are in the deck.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, I should really get back to work on finishing America.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sylphid posted:

It's a brave new world.
On one hand that's nice for Artoria, on the other hand this also stealthily nerfs any other servants that relied on others generating stars for them on the spot. I suppose it doesn't matter for the ones that generate them per turn like Revelation and Innocent Monster since those add to the pool at the start of the turn.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. When you use instinct et al, it just auto distributes the stars among the current cards by the normal principles of star weight, not automatically to the character that used the skill. Also, using skills that effect star weight will also force a redistribution, on top of command shuffle and order change as mentioned.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If something generates new stars, those will be distributed on top of the old stars. Old stars are not moved unless you force it in with a skill.

Stars over 50 are still useless and grayed out, but star draining stuff will use those first over the distributed stars. I wonder if one of the new servants will have a skill that eats stars for an effect.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Star eating mechanics would be a good way of making star generators more useful but the ability effects would have to be pretty loving strong to warrant that demerit.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Semiramis eats 8 stars for AoE 3 turn 1000 poison and AoE 3 turn 50% Buster Resistance Down, which is pretty strong.
Moriarty eats 10 stars for 50% NP charge and 3 turn 20% NP Damage Up to himself, which is ok?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Kyte posted:

If something generates new stars, those will be distributed on top of the old stars. Old stars are not moved unless you force it in with a skill.

Stars over 50 are still useless and grayed out, but star draining stuff will use those first over the distributed stars. I wonder if one of the new servants will have a skill that eats stars for an effect.

Yan Qing and MHXA both have skills to affect star weight in return for an effect. It'll be fun to use both of them and see star weight changing in real time.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Chacha, too.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like how the mystic code for "polar regions" actually has less coverage on gudako than the default. :v:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/KeitarouT/status/981024182556270592

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I look forward to activating Hijikita's skill and seeing all the stars go towards him for massive crit damage

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So is the star behavior actually new or is it just something we didn't notice because we couldn't see star distribution until we selected the command card hand?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Slightly different. It used to be that you could reset the star distribution RNG by resetting the game and activating any skill, which has now been obsoleted. In all other respects I believe it's functionally identical, just with better qol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Hey question about the rare prism shop. If I already have MLB Mona Lisa, can I use a rare prism later to unlock another set of Mona Lisa to buy? If so, I might as well save my MP stock for 2 Mona Lisa and 2 Chaldea Lunchtime. If not, I might as well buy the other two EXP CE.