Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rad-daddio posted:

Why is "no Asians or blacks" so common? Asking as a straight married dude btw.

Gay people are just like everyone else: racist and stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dating as an adult sounds exhausting in general, glad I got that poo poo all finished when I was still in college

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

purple death ray posted:

Gay people are just like everyone else: racist and stupid

Just the ones from earth.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Try being gay and Asian, but not exactly a hairless adonis twink.

It's basically gay hard mode.

So... soft mode?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Someone had something to say on this topic:

quote:

ok so as a gay asian male in university in a western country i notice that the 90% of people messaging me on grindr are gross old white men who openly state they have a fetish for asian boys. i dont really get replies from anyone relatively normal looking on grindr.

i basically have a bit more luck on tinder where i actually match with and get to chat with relatively normal looking people my age, so i guess those posters who keep saying its real easy to get a gently caress on grindr are white.

then again even back in my asian country i tend to fare better on tinder in general than on grindr, so maybe its the kind of pictures i choose to display as well. online dating is hard. anyway thanks for listening.

Honestly I'm not really sure what distinguishes this fesh from any of the normal posts we've seen ITT but sure I can post it for you

And also I've never gotten a gently caress on Grindr at all on account of (a) I'm straight and (b) the smartphone era had literally just barely started when I met my wife, I was going on hearsay there :shrug:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That came up in the Tinder.jpg thread a couple times.

E: and here apparently?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LanceHunter posted:

It's like the incel movement (it's society's fault that I'm so lonely!) and the anti-vax movement (all medical science is lying because it makes me feel bad!) melded together into one super-movement.

Lesbian TERFs can be similar sometimes. Lots of talking about how trans masculine people are just really butch lesbians being transed. So they get mad that trans men they find attractive pre-transition are now not attractive to them. And they think trans women are trying to corrupt lesbians into being straight or something. And bisexual women are traitors if they date men. Basically, a lot of them are mad because they think their dating pool is being hosed with by trans people and bisexual people.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Araenna posted:

Lesbian TERFs can be similar sometimes. Lots of talking about how trans masculine people are just really butch lesbians being transed. So they get mad that trans men they find attractive pre-transition are now not attractive to them. And they think trans women are trying to corrupt lesbians into being straight or something. And bisexual women are traitors if they date men. Basically, a lot of them are mad because they think their dating pool is being hosed with by trans people and bisexual people.

It never ceases to amaze me how, as a bi male, I've never really gotten any poo poo from gay dudes (barring the occasional 'oh he's gay he just can't quite admit it to himself' knowing smirk, which is obnoxious but not exactly hateful) but most bi women I know have at least one story about being harangued by a lesbian.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Harangued by a Lesbian is the unfinished Jack Chick tract we will never see.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

El_Elegante posted:

Did someone say harangued by a lesbian? :gizz:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

El_Elegante posted:

it's also my next username

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I still live with my parents, and everyone I know already knows that I'm dying to be able to afford to move out, for a number of perfectly ordinary reasons. But what nobody knows is that my real number one reason for wanting to have my own place is because I like to eat raw meat sometimes, and I'm tired of feeling like I have to hide it as if it were a drug habit. Because my parents, and likely many of you, would be judgmental as gently caress and grossed out. And yes I know I risk getting sick from it, I don't care. Pork is the only kind I won't eat raw.

I mean, you ever look at a cut of raw beef and go "yeah I'd eat that, it looks fuckin good" because I've def thought that. It's just, y'know, better cooked, because cooking things makes them taste better, it's a whole thing

Glad you don't eat raw pork but raw chicken is super gross in addition to dangerous so don't eat that either please

quote:

Hi goons.

I've just had a phone call from my ex girlfriend telling me she's got chlamydia. We've been broken up for about 3 years but occasionally get together for some hardcore unprotected anal. She swears she's only had sex with one other person in the past six months and they used protection.

I have had sex with three other women, including my girlfriend. If my ex has caught the disease from me, I suspect this really trashy girl I slept with back in February (although I was so drunk I had to thumb my dick into her for some soft cock action and didn't ejaculate). I realise calling somebody else trashy is hypocritical and yes I am a complete dumbass.

So I'll have to get a test tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed I don't have the disease. I was rawdogging my ex as little as five days ago as well so I'm not holding out much hope.

yeah if you're pushing whiskey-dick into a "really trashy girl" you should probably spring for a condom bud, or else, well, this might happen

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

loquacius posted:

I mean, you ever look at a cut of raw beef and go "yeah I'd eat that, it looks fuckin good" because I've def thought that. It's just, y'know, better cooked, because cooking things makes them taste better, it's a whole thing

Glad you don't eat raw pork but raw chicken is super gross in addition to dangerous so don't eat that either please

yeah if you're pushing whiskey-dick into a "really trashy girl" you should probably spring for a condom bud, or else, well, this might happen

at least chlamydia is easily treatable nowadays.

maybe not pleasant to have treated, but easy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao when you find out u got it make sure you blame ur ex for it and guilt her about it forever

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Meat goon, just be safe in preparation and do some sides and it's exotic, not weird.

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/classic-steak-tartare

I mean if you're just shoveling raw hamburger into your maw hand over fist that's still gross.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nooner posted:

Lmao when you find out u got it make sure you blame ur ex for it and guilt her about it forever

just lol if you haven't had pretty much every non-serious STD

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe it’s just the music and art scenes I hung out in but college and post-graduate aged millennial women are super-duper blase’ about HPV and basically blanketly assuming that they have it and you’re 100% gonna get it if you ever wanna have sex using non-condom protection.

I never got anything as far as I’m aware because I get checked very regularly like every 3-6 months unless I’m in a thing. It’s the responsible thing to do!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe it’s just the music and art scenes I hung out in but college and post-graduate aged millennial women are super-duper blase’ about HPV and basically blanketly assuming that they have it and you’re 100% gonna get it if you ever wanna have sex using non-condom protection.

I never got anything as far as I’m aware because I get checked very regularly like every 3-6 months unless I’m in a thing. It’s the responsible thing to do!

95% of people clear HPV from their body within a year, and then most of the remainder by the second year. Having actual symptoms is pretty drat rare. If you've had unprotected sex with a number of people you've probably had HPV at one point.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Bust Rodd posted:

This is completely foreign to my experience in the same crowd. Are you sure they don't feel chill about HPV because they were vaccinated against it?

quote:

Guaranteed you didn't get tested for HPV. You should find out what tests you're getting and not just go "oh I'm clean probably." It's the responsible thing to do!

kazr posted:

95% of people clear HPV from their body within a year, and then most of the remainder by the second year. Having actual symptoms is pretty drat rare. If you've had unprotected sex with a number of people you've probably had HPV at one point.
Only 70% clear it within two years. It's low but not like what you're saying. Prevalence is also lower than you're saying, and unprotected sex doesn't make a big difference since it's spread skin-to-skin.

Everyone please just get vaccinated, jeez. It doesn't protect against all strains, but it does protect against the most common ones.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 26, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Bust Rodd posted:

Unless you’re getting anal cytology done, you have zero clue what your hpv status is.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Anne Whateley posted:

Everyone please just get vaccinated, jeez.

OWE EMM GEE vaccines make you AUTISM!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL I just asked my mom if I got the HPV vaccine when they released it (I was in 5th grade) and she went “ummmmmmmmm, maaaaybe? I dunno I signed anything you brought home.”

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You didn't, it wasn't on-label for men/boys for years after its initial release. If you were in fifth grade in 2006, you would've gotten it in high school, and that's only if you were f5ing waiting for it to be approved for boys. If you don't remember it, most likely you didn't get it. It was a series of 3 shots months apart.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I feel like sharing. Since this is the Anonymous Confessions thread and none of you people know me, I also want to say that, though a lot of people don't have noticeable symptoms and it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore, HPV super duper CAN be a big deal.

When I was 17 and almost two years into what I thought was a monogamous relationship, I very suddenly came down with a case of like 8 warts. In the last place you'd want them. It was 1993, so as soon as the exam started the doctor takes one look and goes "well, I see you have a boyfriend" in a disapproving tone. And then later, as I sat on the table crying after hearing my diagnosis, my doctor comforted me with "well, maybe next time you'll pick a cleaner partner" to which I managed to reply pathetically "but I have it and I'm not a dirty person!"

He at least had the decency to look a little ashamed of himself.

Anyhow, so that sucked, but the worst part was trying to get rid of that poo poo. Oh my God. They came back twice and I had to get them lasered off. Then years of abnormal paps and cancer scares, then a couple different biopsies - one so painful, they had to stop at one point because I just started laughing hysterically at the utter insanity of putting someone through this with no anesthetic. Like, "what the gently caress are we even doing right now this is fuckin crazy HAHAHAHAHA," while wiping away tears of both pain and laughter.

I haven't had any warts since like 1995 and my paps have been normal since the year the vaccine came out. Ironically. I'm a little bitter that vaccine came out too late for me, but thank god it did eventually for everyone else.

That is all. I mainly just wanted to tell you all an old-fashioned VD horror story to scare you into acting right.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"no, Mr. Bond, I expect you to be more careful."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

HoAssHo posted:

I feel like sharing. Since this is the Anonymous Confessions thread and none of you people know me, I also want to say that, though a lot of people don't have noticeable symptoms and it doesn't seem like a big deal anymore, HPV super duper CAN be a big deal.

When I was 17 and almost two years into what I thought was a monogamous relationship, I very suddenly came down with a case of like 8 warts. In the last place you'd want them. It was 1993, so as soon as the exam started the doctor takes one look and goes "well, I see you have a boyfriend" in a disapproving tone. And then later, as I sat on the table crying after hearing my diagnosis, my doctor comforted me with "well, maybe next time you'll pick a cleaner partner" to which I managed to reply pathetically "but I have it and I'm not a dirty person!"

He at least had the decency to look a little ashamed of himself.

Anyhow, so that sucked, but the worst part was trying to get rid of that poo poo. Oh my God. They came back twice and I had to get them lasered off. Then years of abnormal paps and cancer scares, then a couple different biopsies - one so painful, they had to stop at one point because I just started laughing hysterically at the utter insanity of putting someone through this with no anesthetic. Like, "what the gently caress are we even doing right now this is fuckin crazy HAHAHAHAHA," while wiping away tears of both pain and laughter.

I haven't had any warts since like 1995 and my paps have been normal since the year the vaccine came out. Ironically. I'm a little bitter that vaccine came out too late for me, but thank god it did eventually for everyone else.

That is all. I mainly just wanted to tell you all an old-fashioned VD horror story to scare you into acting right.

This User Name/Post Combo is :kiss:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Every single person I know who's had an STD has been far more hosed up by the sense of shame than the actual health consequences

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Every single person I know who's had an STD has been far more hosed up by the sense of shame than the actual health consequences

I had a coworker that almost die because herpes spread to her brain. When she came back after a month she had clearly lost a a lot of IQ points, evidence by the clear lack of shame in telling everyone her herpes almost killed her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My friend got Herpes from a Tindr date and then spread it to a separate women before symptoms showed up. He was in bed sweating with fever and weeping sores for 3 days, and when he finally came too and turned his phone back on he had approximately 1,000 missed calls from the woman he gave it to, who told him she’d been puking for 3 days. This is also a rare dude who LITERALLY always wears condoms, the even in committed relationships, because he’d gotten the Clap like 7 years ago and we never stopped making fun of him for it, so he felt extra stupid because he really thought he was being safe and responsible.

Until then I had no idea STDs could affect you in so many different ways.

Tangentially: the Mutter museum in Philly has a glass case filled with human skulls that are deformed by syphilis. People’s entire faces caved in from the weight of these massive bone spikes growing out of their heads. Good
Lord!

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
this is why i don’t have sex

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
more for everyone else i guess :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Formerly married cheater goon here.

Things are still going strong with hot coworker. We've been living together for months now, and we get along perfectly. The only negative thing I can see is that she's a huge football fan, and I don't really care about sports. It's no big deal, she just watches sports center while I'm playing CSGO. I've met her friends, and it's a little strange because I'm between 10-13 years older than they are. They're all nice, but I still feel out of place sometimes. Even stranger is the fact that my hosed up mid life crisis train wreck relationship seems to be the pinnacle of stability and happiness compared to their lives and they've all said how envious they are of hot coworker. Maybe it's just a sampling error, but their lives are all a mashup of being underpaid, living with bad boyfriends or roommates and dealing with random dating app idiots.

Also, I got my volunteer spot back at the middle school! Apparently, enough of the parents made a stink to the principal to get him to bring me back on. Due to the gap, I didn't get to take them on any field trips but we still finished the year by building some robotics kits and making plans for competing next year. I don't know who originally made the complaints, but I have my suspicions. So, I've made sure to bring hot coworker along to every meetup so they can still be upset by her >:) I figure she's a big part of my life right now, and I'm not ashamed to be with her. They'll have to deal with it.

this story is great because everyone was expecting a huge drama bomb and it was a wet drama fart

quote:

I have done nothing at work for months. Months ago, they gave me a bunch of files (thousands) to upload to the office's system. The first week, I found out that I couldn't upload the files and spent that week trying to troubleshoot this. My social anxiety is crippling so I didn't ask for help, and now it's too late, because in the time since, I spent every single one of my shifts doing nothing. If someone walks past me, I open one of the files and pretend like I'm in the middle of uploading it, but for the rest of the time I'm browsing the forums. I have been pretending and getting paid for it for months now. There's no way for them to check if the files are uploaded unless they specifically went looking for them and they wouldn't do that unless they thought I wasn't working so as long as I keep up the illusion I'll be fine. I don't feel guilty, just nervous about being caught, but at the same time I can just feign ignorance if they do catch me and be like "I thought the files were uploading, I guess something went wrong!" Feels good to get this off my chest, I am a literal fraud and have been being paid to browse the SA forums. This is my first real job.

huh

I've had jobs where I got paid to do nothing, but not jobs where my bosses thought I was doing stuff but I wasn't

Well, in either case, even without that angle, having a job like this will slowly kill your self-esteem and drive you insane, so if I were you I'd spend your daytime hours finding a new one so you can get the gently caress out before this blows up

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah jobgoon hell if your crippling social anxiety has you just able to communicate on the forums post your story in one of the nerd help threads im sure they can square you away so you at least arent a completely useless fraud.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I love those "I'm paid to do nothing" stories.

If my boss even catches me sitting down, I get a telling off.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Two things
1) If you want to maybe sort this out, contact tech support and pretend you just suddenly lost access.
2) Why is this a job instead of a small batch script

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Splicer posted:

Because IT is almost always a bafflingly inefficient shitshow. 10 to 1 no one in his department even knows how to write that script.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Bible posted:

Because IT is almost always a bafflingly inefficient shitshow. 10 to 1 no one in his department even knows how to write that script.

Being able to script out routine tasks is one hell of a useful skill. Especially when you're given some huge menial job that they expect will take you a month, so you spend a few hours automating it, and then sit back and watch as the whole job does itself in two minutes. Then you get to choose whether to spend the next month getting paid to slack off and do nothing, or watch everyone's jaw hit the floor when you stroll in and say it's done.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Splicer posted:

Two things
1) If you want to maybe sort this out, contact tech support and pretend you just suddenly lost access.
Yes get help and do your job because that is lame.

The Wire season where they sit around watching a UI for days for some data they could have gotten in seconds with a query bugged me.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Powered Descent posted:

Being able to script out routine tasks is one hell of a useful skill. Especially when you're given some huge menial job that they expect will take you a month, so you spend a few hours automating it, and then sit back and watch as the whole job does itself in two minutes. Then you get to choose whether to spend the next month getting paid to slack off and do nothing, or watch everyone's jaw hit the floor when you stroll in and say it's done.
Automating menial tasks is what computers were created for in the first place. It baffles me that everyone seemed to forget that the minute phone games became a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

The only reward for a job well done is another job, so I usually sit on it for a bit.