Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...is that Ghost Rider?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

...is that Ghost Rider?

No, that's Vengeance. ANOTHER Spirit of Vengeance. He was also a cop in his secret identity, so unfortunate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vengeance was when someone decided a flaming skellington motorcyclist wasn't XTREEEEEM enough so they made another version with more and bigger spikes and a skellington motorcycle

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bones make terrible chains and whips, no I didnt work at Popeyes

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
He looks like a rejected Skeleton Warriors character. "Ooh, sorry, maybe in the second wave of toys."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Endless Mike posted:

Vengeance was when someone decided a flaming skellington motorcyclist wasn't XTREEEEEM enough so they made another version with more and bigger spikes and a skellington motorcycle

lmao this is beautiful

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

90’s Ghost Rider figures were rad as hell. That’s as far as my Vengeance knowledge goes.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Vengeance being "What if Ghost Rider had a Venom?" is kinda weird considering there was already two different Ghost Riders so one of them could have done it, instead of introducing a third guy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Vengeance being "What if Ghost Rider had a Venom?" is kinda weird considering there was already two different Ghost Riders so one of them could have done it, instead of introducing a third guy

There's like dozens of Ghost Riders by this point, but there's at least three I could think of that might be the main character if you just told me "New Ghost Rider comic."

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

This looks like what would happen if one Ghost Rider gave another a piggy-back ride.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The hood is ghost rider now lol

The last arc of GR was weird, I dug it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why has Ghost Rider been so many different people?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

Mephisto gets tired of them ignoring him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is Hellverine a Ghost Rider? I haven’t read the story he showed up in.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

In the recent Ghost Rider / Wolverine crossover it's just Wolverine possessed by a demon that's watched a bunch of episodes of Hannibal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, gently caress, there was ANOTHER, different Ghost Rider in Hulk recently.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I got this collection of Venom comics, and it's got three issue of Darkhawk in it. I'd never really seen anything with Darkhawk in it before, but he really does look like poo poo. The metal parts are supposed to be shiny like chrome, it really looks terrible. What an awful superhero.

Can we make badmouthing Darkhawk a banable offense if it isn't already.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\no poo poo, darkhawk rules

remember when hulk, venom, and ghost rider all bonded?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It was red Hulk so I don’t understand the bad grammar.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3x the brains = 3x stupider

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Soonmot posted:

/\/\/\no poo poo, darkhawk rules

remember when hulk, venom, and ghost rider all bonded?

He has depression despite having a flaming skully head and a great bike, relatable.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SilverSupernova posted:

Can we make badmouthing Darkhawk a banable offense if it isn't already.

It should be, he's one of my favorite lower tier characters. As is Quasar. Some day in the future they'll have the renaissance that 8-Ball is getting right now.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gripweed posted:

Marvel has this thing where everybody gets to do the thing when the thing gets popular

Everyone gets an Asgardian weapon
Everyone gets an Iron Man suit
Everyone gets to be a Hulk
Everyone gets to be a Spider-Person
Everyone gets to have a symbiote (both flavors, Carnage and Venom)--I think Black Widow currently has one, in particular
Everyone gets to be a Spirit of Vengeance

The only thing I can think of that was comparable at DC was when they were handing out power rings like Halloween candy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Everyone at DC gets lantern rings, reboots and crisises.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OnimaruXLR posted:

Marvel has this thing where everybody gets to do the thing when the thing gets popular

Everyone gets an Asgardian weapon
Everyone gets an Iron Man suit
Everyone gets to be a Hulk
Everyone gets to be a Spider-Person
Everyone gets to have a symbiote (both flavors, Carnage and Venom)--I think Black Widow currently has one, in particular
Everyone gets to be a Spirit of Vengeance

The only thing I can think of that was comparable at DC was when they were handing out power rings like Halloween candy

sure, but isn't the Spirit of Vengeance, like, a singular thing with it's own agency? All the other stuff is a replicatable power or thing you can have a lot of at once. Why does the Spirit of Vengeance move around so much?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Probably because Marvel thinks ok, THIS time the character will catch on big!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I might be setting myself up for a huge :actually: here but I think the demon bonded to Johnny Blaze is just a spirit of vengeance, and there's others?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Mephisto hands out spirits of vengeance like candy

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The cycle of vengeance continues. It takes a hero to fight for peace and stop it, preventing it from spreading across generations.

But until then, flaming ghosts will ride on a motorcycle.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's probably just my action scene oriented brain talking but while I never had any issues with Robbie Reyes as a character, Ghost Rider driving a car is really weird to me outside of like, a Mad Max setting

I realize that the fact that a muscle car transfigured by the power of hell itself is probably gonna be able to do some crazy poo poo, but for some reason a car driving up a wall vertically or being able to do all kinds of ludicrous tricks stretches my credulity more than a motorcycle

And that's before you get into the idea of historical Ghost Riders that apparently rode tanks and elephants and the like

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's probably just my action scene oriented brain talking but while I never had any issues with Robbie Reyes as a character, Ghost Rider driving a car is really weird to me outside of like, a Mad Max setting

I realize that the fact that a muscle car transfigured by the power of hell itself is probably gonna be able to do some crazy poo poo, but for some reason a car driving up a wall vertically or being able to do all kinds of ludicrous tricks stretches my credulity more than a motorcycle

And that's before you get into the idea of historical Ghost Riders that apparently rode tanks and elephants and the like

I don't think it's outlandish for car Ghost Rider to do stuff but I do think it's weird having him go up against any enemies who aren't also in vehicles. Like I just imagine Blackheart standing there with his arms crossed tapping his foot impatiently while Robbie laughs maniacally doing donuts in his car around him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OnimaruXLR posted:

it's because he is the all-rider who is the bestest most powerful ghost rider in the multiverse who can make anything into his ride and do everything with them

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gripweed posted:

I got this collection of Venom comics, and it's got three issue of Darkhawk in it. I'd never really seen anything with Darkhawk in it before, but he really does look like poo poo. The metal parts are supposed to be shiny like chrome, it really looks terrible. What an awful superhero.

Darkhawk is kinda like the Marvel Ultraman but he's way cooler

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Darkhawk is kinda like the Marvel Ultraman but he's way cooler

Marvel Ultraman was dogshit so there’s lots of space for something to be way cooler but still not reach good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Marvel Ultraman was dogshit so there’s lots of space for something to be way cooler but still not reach good.

no not the Marvel Ultraman comic, he's Marvel's version of the actual Ultraman, except way cooler

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alaois posted:

no not the Marvel Ultraman comic, he's Marvel's version of the actual Ultraman, except way cooler

In the comics I read Nighthawk never got big. And he fought guys with jet boots, not cool giant monsters.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dawgstar posted:

No, that's Vengeance. ANOTHER Spirit of Vengeance. He was also a cop in his secret identity, so unfortunate.
He did call himself Ghost Rider for a few issues in 1993-94 as he was filling in for the seemingly dead Danny Ketch (while also still going by Vengeance). The cover of Ghost Rider vol. 3 #46 added "THE NEW" above the Ghost Rider logo and everything.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 14, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DMorbid posted:

He did call himself Ghost Rider for a few issues in 1993-94 as he was filling in for the seemingly dead Danny Ketch. The cover of Ghost Rider vol. 3 #46 added "THE NEW" above the Ghost Rider logo and everything.

Yeah, that's true. And as the line went on apparently all three Ghost Riders (Danny, Johnny, Badlino) turned out to have some connection to Atlantis? It's been a minute.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Gripweed posted:

In the comics I read Nighthawk never got big. And he fought guys with jet boots, not cool giant monsters.

Right thank you for backing up my argument that Ultraman is for wieners and Darkhawk is for cool cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Darkhawk: what if Spider-Man was a cop??