Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What were CDPR thinking making you craft one upgrade item at a time, like did anybody play test this (no)

It’s so annoying how you can’t just skip upgrade steps as well. Like I have 5000 of one item, just let me craft it straight to the higher level stuff. Really bad

i can't tell whether you hate this game or like this game. i want to tell you to just stop already bc i don't think people should support a broken piece of crap, but i'm also really into you complaining about it to fuel my schadenfreude.

e: i've sniped at least 3 pages so far and have had very little to offer so here's something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s great, you should buy it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Tim Rogers is great if you're also a 41 year old white male neurotic video game liker, because his nostalgia will probably rhyme with your nostalgia. I can understand not liking Tim Rogers if you don't share the experience of being a socially awkward teen in 1995.

Thats my Tim Rogers Take for today.

!!!! :golfclap:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Which radiohead album is the weed one

hell yes, brother

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do we think Final Fantasy XVI will come out before Elden Ring

I think Elden Ring might just surprise release before the end of spring, and it will sell well despite them never having even marketed it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

It’s great, you should buy it

bought it day one, played 2 hours and hated every second. waiting on that sweet refund.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Use your refund to buy it again :grin:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Use your refund to buy it again :grin:

I literally did this lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

i can't tell whether you hate this game or like this game. i want to tell you to just stop already bc i don't think people should support a broken piece of crap, but i'm also really into you complaining about it to fuel my schadenfreude.

e: i've sniped at least 3 pages so far and have had very little to offer so here's something

A combination of both love and hate is the only way to play Cyberpunk.

Maybe be less concerned with what other people are playing and worry about yourself or something.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

this thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The King Of Tims :cmon:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe be less concerned with what other people are playing and worry about yourself or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

:hmmyes:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

i'm worried about what mono is playing because I wanna play too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am playing Cyberpunk

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

I am playing Cyberpunk

:barf:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

I am playing Cyberpunk

Well for now

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

I am playing Cyberpunk

give it like twenty minutes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sometimes you can go for hours no problem and then sometimes you’ll crash twice in the space of ten minutes. Sick!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Im at about 15 crashes, 90 hours currently

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this may come as a shock but it's actually extremely normal and healthy for people to complain about individual aspects of a game that they otherwise really enjoy as a whole

even tho I personally think cyberpunk looks like poop

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i'll be excited to play cyberpunk once it's patched a lot

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Simone Magus posted:

Amnesiac > OK Computer > Kid A > King of Limbs > everything else

In Rainbows > All

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Im at about 15 crashes, 90 hours currently

Every six or so, eh?

Haven't been able to get time on my TV much lately so it's tough to justify playing single player games there when I'd have to throw someone else off.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

The King Of Tims :cmon:

The Lynch of Tim

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ShoogaSlim posted:

Jacob Gellar is awesome. i got put onto his videos thanks to his Shadow of the Colossus video, which i think will resonate with others here who have nostalgia for that game. it's really well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQNeYbBiCKw

and i'm going to echo my previous endorsement of Joseph Anderson and properly link to his 2 hour teardown of Breath of the Wild, which imo is really just a tech demo for what an actual good next-gen Zelda game could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4

Holy poo poo Jacob Gellar made a video i 100% agree with, https://youtu.be/FzDv16ccBUY

but also he just released a video on disco elysium I’m about to watch so thank you for turning me onto him. Here is the link for the disco elysium video https://youtu.be/Md5PTWBuGpg

bows1 posted:

In Rainbows > All

Yeah overall, but my favorite song is probably pyramid song.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 12, 2021

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Imhotep posted:

Holy poo poo Jacob Gellar made a video i 100% agree with, https://youtu.be/FzDv16ccBUY

but also he just released a video on disco elysium I’m about to watch so thank you for turning me onto him. Here is the link for the disco elysium video https://youtu.be/Md5PTWBuGpg

poo poo! i still haven't finished the last guardian despite having it since launch. i really need to change that in Q1

and disco elysium is probably my most anticipated 2021 playstation release bc i hear nothing but awesome poo poo about it and i dont have a pc to play it on

both of these vids will have to wait!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Maybe it’s because I haven’t played an open world game/map and icon since red dead 2 but ghosts of Tsushima is really excellent. Took some getting used to since your character is way more spry and responsive than most games I’ve played recently (tlou2, dark souls). Seems to be a big emphasis on making your guy dress Cool.

And the mode that’s basically just Destiny but with swords is cool, if a little grindy but I guess that’s the point. It’s amazing it’s a free update.

I spent basically a month straight without a Playstation playing final fantasy 7 on switch so coming back and playing tlou2 and got one after the other is nuts. Looks so good b

Actually one thing that detracts is that the combat isn’t as ‘thrilling’ or engaging as sekiro but it’s obv not trying for the same thing. Would love a fire axe arm in Tsushima tho

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 12, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Once you have parries and camera control in your muscle memory Tsushima plays best on lethal in my opinion. Slaying fifteen guys by calling them out, falling back to a better spot, throwing knives at them and killing the last five in a deadly sword battle looks and feels awesome.

E: don't forget to sheath your sword and bow!

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 12, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Akuma posted:

I'd take King's Field V before any of those

Kuon 2, when? :colbert:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ShoogaSlim posted:

poo poo! i still haven't finished the last guardian despite having it since launch. i really need to change that in Q1

and disco elysium is probably my most anticipated 2021 playstation release bc i hear nothing but awesome poo poo about it and i dont have a pc to play it on

both of these vids will have to wait!

It’s funny because he says that he thinks the last guardian didn’t get nearly as much fanfare upon release, or as much critical acclaim as it deserved/as the other two Ueda games, because he thinks not many people actually finished the game. And I think he’s probably right, because the game slowly increases in intensity or your investment in Trico does, and then the last like 2 hours is very epic and effective and emotional, etc. the video is cute too, he talks about his dog affectionately.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

"gently caress this game"

- veni veni veni

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Trying and failing to get into the original Crash trilogy after a couple of hours of playing it. I just find the movement+jumping+physics way, way too stiff for how precise you have to be for some of these jumps. I'm used to platformers like Super Meat Boy that are much more fluid and responsive. It almost feels like I'm playing on a Stadia with laggy internet or something. Does Crash 4 feel any better in this regard? The Completionist's video got me kind of interested, which is why I got the trilogy, and 4 is pretty cheap right now.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

I'm guessing Last Guardian didn't sell well because it's a pretty game that's an absolute unfun chore to play most of the time.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i got up to a part a good chunk of hours in where you fall in some water and need to get the flying dog thing to save you. even after looking up what to do the animal just would not respond and i rage quit and never went back.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Handsome Wife posted:

I'm guessing Last Guardian didn't sell well because it's a pretty game that's an absolute unfun chore to play most of the time.

There is no timeline in any dimension where TLG would sell well. Regardless, it's a brilliant, acclaimed, fun, and extremely poignant experience.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ShoogaSlim posted:

i got up to a part a good chunk of hours in where you fall in some water and need to get the flying dog thing to save you. even after looking up what to do the animal just would not respond and i rage quit and never went back.

same

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The game is actually judging your soul at that point and if Trico picks you up, you’re a good person.
If not...
well...

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

ShoogaSlim posted:

this thread

The Tim of Lynch

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

The game is actually judging your soul at that point and if Trico picks you up, you’re a good person.
If not...
well...

ouch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tim and Lynch: Thread Men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

If not...
well...

LMAO