Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

shooga more posts like that thx. a new posting era for shooga, gamer remade, record expunged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkaPdfjzEk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

one of the better bloodborne rollercoaster rides this thread has seen

ShoogaSlim posted:

so i started Bloodborne for the first time last night and i think i get it

ShoogaSlim posted:

don't get me wrong.. i wan't to like it and embrace all the great things people have said about it over the past 5 years.

ShoogaSlim posted:

it just feels like a ps3 game or something. probably more so because i think the controls are jankyyy as gently caress.

i really do think this game is just for a different type of player.

ShoogaSlim posted:

what's the incentive to any of this other than "i beat a souls game"?

ShoogaSlim posted:

despite the many words i've typed against blood borne i keep thinking about it and playing and enjoying it more and more. what is happening to me?

ShoogaSlim posted:

just fired up bloodborne for the first time in a little over a month. maybe two. this game is bad and not fun.

who has the wherewithal and patience for this kind of player-hating garbo?

ShoogaSlim posted:

the game is just a loving slog

i'm just here to let people know it's ok to not like these games despite the overwhelming praise

ShoogaSlim posted:

so i rage-uninstalled the game before posting, and then some of the more encouraging posts reminded me that there's something deep down inside that makes me really want the game to "click" like everyone describes, so i reinstalled it

ShoogaSlim posted:

i played bloodborne for like 6 hours straight after work today. im a dumb idiot for saying this game sucks.

ShoogaSlim posted:

cainhurst castle is absolutely breathtaking and i was grinning like an idiot the whole intro to it

ShoogaSlim posted:

popped on bloodborne again after a ~2 month break. defeated the spider thing with lots of babies, the vomity thing with bell-ringing witches, and then amygdala

ShoogaSlim posted:

at one point i was feverishly mad at the game, i've resolved to killing every NPC i come across

ShoogaSlim posted:

bloodborne is one of the coolest games i've ever played that i also kind of absolutely hate with a passion.

so yeah idk, great game and crap game at the same time.

ShoogaSlim posted:

I just got to upper cathedral ward and I'd rather play 100 b-side celeste levels in a row instead of fighting these infuriating insight sucking worm assholes

ShoogaSlim posted:

i spoke too soon. i just beat the big alien mushroom thing in the flower garden and now im fighting the tentacle cthulhu thing ebrietas and even though im dying a bunch, it feels fair and like i can get it...

ShoogaSlim posted:

well folks, i beat bloodborne.

now off to chalice dungeons and DLC

ShoogaSlim posted:

just did Chalice Rom last night! i've been going through the dungeons milking as much game out of Bloodborne as possible

ShoogaSlim posted:

the ailing loran dungeon is loving me up bad. i cant wait to get my poo poo fully torn up by depth 5 later on.

ShoogaSlim posted:

abhorrent beast might make me give up on platinum'ing this game, but knowing fridge corn and VG are powering through gives me some hope.

ShoogaSlim posted:

i'm pretty proud of how far I've gotten so far,

tldr i did not git gud enough yet :/

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It brings a tear to my eye :D

I did the chalice dungeons and all I have left are to beat the game again and get the other two endings. I know that if I can do it, guy who plays all games on Easy, then ANYONE can do Bloodborne :)
Also since beating bloodborne I stopped picking the easy option in games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finishing a Souls game actually made me better it finishing games in general, for years whenever I hit a vaguely difficult bit I would just stop playing and start something else, now I power through. It also made me better at just sticking to one game until I finish it instead of just hopping from one to whatever was new.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

:eyepop:

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Cainhurst Castle came to me at a time when I accepted I'll probably never get to play Curse of Strahd.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

one of the better bloodborne rollercoaster rides this thread has seen

An incredible journey

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veegy, esco, corn, shooga....beasts all over the shop...you'll be one of them sooner or later

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also do not forget, in the GOTY thread it rose 104 spots to #15 in the list from the previous year's spot of 119 and with 12 votes and 101 points it had the highest average of 8.413!! :D

A cinderella story!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I play every game on easy, but then I've platinumed every bloodsouls and Sekiro so I ain't got anything to prove

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

Finishing a Souls game actually made me better it finishing games in general, for years whenever I hit a vaguely difficult bit I would just stop playing and start something else, now I power through. It also made me better at just sticking to one game until I finish it instead of just hopping from one to whatever was new.

the real pro move is to quit a game because you have anhedonia and who cares, why bother

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kojima wins again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played Cyberpunk for 7 hours yesterday :stare:

I think that’s the most I’ve spent on a game in one day since that winter I had the flu and played Skyrim for like 10+ hours a day

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I stayed up till 7am playing dota over Christmas, it was something like 15 hours non stop. I felt like absolute trash for 2 days afterwards and the lack of sleep sucked too

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Greedfall is a funny game, to me it feels like a granular pastiche of everything I've already played. A good Game (for free).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I stayed up till 7am playing dota over Christmas, it was something like 15 hours non stop. I felt like absolute trash for 2 days afterwards and the lack of sleep sucked too

Thanks for reminding me of my favourite Brad Shoemaker clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dTrzR-Ruk

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
If i wasn't phonre posting while out walking id retort with my fave Bradly clip which probably involves his silky singing voice

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played Cyberpunk for 7 hours yesterday :stare:

I think that’s the most I’ve spent on a game in one day since that winter I had the flu and played Skyrim for like 10+ hours a day

Same. I legitimately felt like I went on vacation to Night City for those 2-3 weeks. I am chomping at the bit for the next big patch to play Street Kid Berserk Punch Lady. The only other game in the last 2 years I’ve played for like 6 hours straight is TLoU2

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Trying and failing to get into the original Crash trilogy after a couple of hours of playing it. I just find the movement+jumping+physics way, way too stiff for how precise you have to be for some of these jumps. I'm used to platformers like Super Meat Boy that are much more fluid and responsive. It almost feels like I'm playing on a Stadia with laggy internet or something. Does Crash 4 feel any better in this regard? The Completionist's video got me kind of interested, which is why I got the trilogy, and 4 is pretty cheap right now.

I went back and played the original Crash Bandicoot for the first time after completing Crash 4 and it was a rough adjustment. 4 definitely feels better but I’d warn against trying to go for full completion.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there any game that comes close to 2077's clothing variety? And most of it looks great.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Style Savvy?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

rabidsquid posted:

the real pro move is to quit a game because you have anhedonia and who cares, why bother

sup crippling depression buddy

hope you're having a decent one

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Is there any game that comes close to 2077's clothing variety? And most of it looks great.

Honestly? Dead or Alive (franchise) or GTA: San Andreas (PS2)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hope you're having a decent one

This to each and every one of you. It's tough out there and we all handle it differently, but I personally believe in you, as silly as that sounds. I wouldn't have so much fun shitposting here if not for each of you. You all help me get through each day more than you can ever know. Thank you.

Er, uh, I mean. Um. Fall Guys x DOOM means i can be the cyberquarium of my dreams

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bust Rodd posted:

GTA: San Andreas (PS2)

i think 2077 still dwarfs it, even leaving fidelity aside

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Casnorf posted:

This to each and every one of you. It's tough out there and we all handle it differently, but I personally believe in you, as silly as that sounds. I wouldn't have so much fun shitposting here if not for each of you. You all help me get through each day more than you can ever know. Thank you.

Er, uh, I mean. Um. Fall Guys x DOOM means i can be the cyberquarium of my dreams

I think it is brill that a fish can type to be honest and while I do not want to hake a big deal out of it, I do wish to get off my perch and encourage more schools of thought from you. ;)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Imhotep posted:

david lynch was working on a game in 1999, but it got "blocked from the get-go" in November 1999, because it would have been "completely boring to game buffs".

"David Lynch wanted a "conundrum thing... a beautiful kind of place to put yourself. You try to make a little bit of mystery and a bit of a story, but you want it to be able to bend back upon itself and get lost."
"It was called... Woodcutters from Fiery Ships... Certain events have happened in a bungalow which is behind another in Los Angeles. And then suddenly the woodcutters arrive and they take the man who we think has witnessed these events, and their ship is... uh, silver, like a 30`s kind of ship, and the fuel is logs. And they smoke pipes." (David Lynch, in The Guardian, November 1999)"

http://thecityofabsurdity.com/game.html

Funny thing is that Lynch would probably loving love Kentucky Route Zero, which I finally finished a few days ago and which is now my favorite game of all time. I listen to the soundtrack constantly now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

best thread in the forums

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

Funny thing is that Lynch would probably loving love Kentucky Route Zero, which I finally finished a few days ago and which is now my favorite game of all time. I listen to the soundtrack constantly now

In a sentence what is Kentucky Route Zero, I've heard it mentioned so many times and I've no idea what kinda game it is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JollyBoyJohn posted:

In a sentence what is Kentucky Route Zero, I've heard it mentioned so many times and I've no idea what kinda game it is

It's an adventure game/walking simulator about a group of people navigating the hidden magical realist side of rural Kentucky as it is hollowed out by capitalism and the decline of American society

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 12, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRnBFLFcKs

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It's a point and click adventure with no puzzles that explores an abstract and dreamlike space containing good rear end music and a variety of quirky characters.

Or,

It's a playable dream.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Casnorf posted:

Hell yeah brother. Big same.

also, meds and therapy are real good stuff, don't be shy about it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Rinkles posted:

Saints Row 2 is my go-to dress up doll game. And it was third person so you actually saw the clothes during gameplay.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I think it is brill that a fish can type to be honest and while I do not want to hake a big deal out of it, I do wish to get off my perch and encourage more schools of thought from you. ;)

briny anchor can only cast so far; if you want to see beyond the great blue you just gotta unfurl your sails. I'm loach to trawl this a trout for the cephalopod mahi-mahi convince just one that cod isn't the only wray

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770?s=20

Machine Games making an Indiana Jones game

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

hell yeah lets go!

edit: oh wait.... what about... "the deal" :negative:

edit2: Todd Howard executive producer. :chloe:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I'm hype

Plus they can reuse all their "punching out Nazis is awesome" marketing from New Colossus lol