Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone want to buy MP-01 Optimus Prime? I have a loose one in perfect condition that I'd love to sell. He has never even been transformed, not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

With the re-release I decided it was time to open my MP-10. What a great toy! Maybe I'll open some other rare MPs today!

Open all the toys.....

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone want to buy MP-01 Optimus Prime? I have a loose one in perfect condition that I'd love to sell. He has never even been transformed, not even once.

He fetches a pretty decent eBay price; sentiment is the only thing that stops me from selling mine. I transformed him again recently for the first time in a long time, and I was surprised at how crappy his truck mode is.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Open all the toys.....

Yeah really, unless it's some $1000+ ultra collectible I don't see the point of keeping things boxed up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If they make a decent Leader Optimus with a trailer for Generations it negates any need for the MP ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

If they make a decent Leader Optimus with a trailer for Generations it negates any need for the MP ones.

I disagree, I see lots of people who only buy one line or the other.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Does it though, Taint? Does it?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No. I will no doubt require an optimus in scale with my leader ultra magnus, assuming they are in scale with each other in both modes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
actually now that the lost lights two co-captains are leader class figures, when is the true captain of the lost light, Rodimus Prime, going to get a figure.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

actually now that the lost lights two co-captains are leader class figures, when is the true captain of the lost light, Rodimus Prime, going to get a figure.
Leader (I will settle for voyager) rodimus would be amazing. Id settle for the cloud rodimus/springer but will never find it cost effective.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Acne Rain posted:

I think voyager would be better, megatron and Magnus tend to dwarf rodimus. Even deluxe would be fine.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I've said it before but just remold Animated Rodimus to be more IDW-y, Takara just did something like that to Anim. Blackarachnia to make her generations-y.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I would say yes because all the 1984 Decepticons and Autobots are released in some form of generations....and Optimus' trailer being MIA really hurts the lineup.

I can't launch any of the legends guys to the moon like you could with the G1 trailer. :downs:

Where as Masterpiece doesn't even have a huffer :colbert:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This thread is getting reaped hard right now.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I would love to see a good updated Generations Optimus, especially with a trailer. I never really liked Classics Optimus because of his arm kibble. But since we just got Combiner Wars Optimus I doubt we'll see another one in the Generations style for a while. What I really want is an updated Powermaster Prime.

Blackheart posted:

I've said it before but just remold Animated Rodimus to be more IDW-y, Takara just did something like that to Anim. Blackarachnia to make her generations-y.
It's definitely doable (see Prime Arcee to Chromia), but something like that requires a really substantial remold, of like nearly every piece. Black Arachnia still looks really Animated in spider mode, she would need a lot more greebling to really fit in with Generations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Does anyone else have a leader Magnus with a loose hand joint? The left hand on mine is loose and I'm wondering if there is a way to get some nail polish in there ti thicken the joint.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

OptimusShr posted:

Does anyone else have a leader Magnus with a loose hand joint? The left hand on mine is loose and I'm wondering if there is a way to get some nail polish in there ti thicken the joint.

Not nail polish, but that acrylic floor finish people use might be your solution.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Not nail polish, but that acrylic floor finish people use might be your solution.

This now explains why this was in my "Recommended For You" list on Amazon after I was browsing transformers figures.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

There is absolutely zero way that Animated Rodimus comes in under budget for modern deluxes unless they release a remold in unpainted, uncolored restic or something. It would be nice if they would anyway, but I don't think we're getting much non-CW this side of the water for a while.

Blackheart posted:

Here is a helpful gif in case people find it hard to find:

I've been meaning to post on this: Apparently the reason this stuff is so weird to find in stores is they have been gradually rebranding it year after year to bring it under the Pledge label.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You just linked an MLP clip, I'm sure it's not the only reason, Taint.

And do you guys really think we'll be getting a deluxe/voyager Rodimus any time soon when we already have a brand new figure of him? ugggggggh...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sadly I don't think they sell pledge stuff over here so I had to look for a similar product to try and fix one of my loose figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

You just linked an MLP clip, I'm sure it's not the only reason, Taint.

And do you guys really think we'll be getting a deluxe/voyager Rodimus any time soon when we already have a brand new figure of him? ugggggggh...

Why not? We got Ultra Magnus two years in a row.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
We've gotten at least one new-mold/retool Ultra Magnus pretty much every year for the past half-decade.

FOC
PRID
Beast Hunters
Platinum
Masterpiece
Combiner Wars

and i've probably forgotten some

I'd be all over a MTMTE voyager rodimus

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'd say a larger Hotrod is probably coming. But here's a crazy idea they take the abandoned concept of G1 Truck Rodimus Prime and have it be a retooled magnus because both toys had a similar transformation.

And the Tiny Minimus Ambus figure will be Hotrod and the big robot will be Rodimus Prime. You therefore get both incarnations.

Then again I kinda want a G1 Accurate Winnebago with red flames and chrome pipes that transforms into a full on robot. I mean everyone from the movie has so far gotten their own molds as far as autobots go.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 15, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Then again I kinda want a G1 Accurate Winnebago with red flames and chrome pipes that transforms into a full on robot. I mean everyone from the movie has so far gotten their own molds as far as autobots go.

I'm still waiting on Blurr. The Drift repaint we got doesn't count.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

This now explains why this was in my "Recommended For You" list on Amazon after I was browsing transformers figures.

It also makes a good protective gloss coat for paint jobs on miniatures. Works for normal brushes and airbrushes. Good for thinning down paints to make glazes. It's clearly alien technology.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Man, I better get a bottle before I move onto expensive PP models, drat vallejo paints are chipping like loving jetfire chrome.

loving god drat jetfire chrome

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

None of my chrome figures ever chip. Is it an humidity thing? Even my transmetals are in pristine state.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Spiderdrake posted:

Man, I better get a bottle before I move onto expensive PP models, drat vallejo paints are chipping like loving jetfire chrome.

loving god drat jetfire chrome
Are you rinsing them in warm water and letting them air dry before priming? What type of primer are you using? Also it might just be a bad batch of resin. Sometimes the formula doesn't set properly and it seeps out oil over time.

Edit: Also Blackheart my Fox Kids Transmetal Rattrap envies your figures. One of his butt-wheels is missing over half its chrome.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

None of my chrome figures ever chip. Is it an humidity thing? Even my transmetals are in pristine state.
It's the loving hard edges on Jetfire's weapons. It happened right out of the box, chrome just flaked a little bit off on half his guns.

I've never noticed it happening else where. Maybe I'll try to figure out a touch up and then seal them with pledge.

An Angry Bug posted:

Are you rinsing them in warm water and letting them air dry before priming? What type of primer are you using? Also it might just be a bad batch of resin.
Oh I did a poo poo priming job, I bought a couple packs of mantic Elves to get back into painting and I'm working through the first batch. I think the biggest issue is I didn't lay down enough primer, but I did wash/dry them and then leave the primer to set for a couple 72 hours.

Haven't actually put primer on anything from PP yet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're talking about TF devastation at the E3 stream.

e: it's over now, they didn't really show much anyway.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 15, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PC CONFIRMED! YES YES YES!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

PC CONFIRMED! YES YES YES!

Now, remember what I said earlier about making the right choices...

;p

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i'm never buying an xbone

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
So we've got CHUG stuff in full swing, a G1 video game....will we get that animated MTMTE movie we all wish would happen?

Crossposting this from TFW, just to fully appreciate how awful CW Long Haul is

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Meh, just needs good arms.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the lovely arms are G1 accurate

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How much are each of the third party versions compared to the 25 dollar cw voyager

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

How much are each of the third party versions compared to the 25 dollar cw voyager

You could buy an entire combiner wars combiner and then some for a single third party figure.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

You could buy an entire combiner wars combiner and then some for a single third party figure.

Bless us all, every one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fuckin' :lol:

Hmm I wonder why the official, cheap one isn't as complicated as the ones that are quadruple the price??