Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Parrotine posted:

That thing would take Arc System Works eons to balance the fighting mechanics out :suicide:

why do you think that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Yeah what, how would it be different from any other fighting game?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe they think Arcsys would have to include every character in One piece.

Who would you even include after the strawhats? There are so many to choose from.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Strawhats vs Post Timeskip Strawhats + Ace, Hancock, Jimbei as dlc.

Story mode is an evil wizard turning the fake hats real.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you'd think an evil wizard would do evil things

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

why do you think that

Cause DBZ characters boil down to Punch Fast and Throw Laser Attack, with slight variations of those two. One Piece characters have their own unique properties, and you'd have to factor that in when trying to make a legit fighter, not just the usual cookie-cutter shovelware games they usually make.

Luffy has stretch attacks that could cheese the entire screen area, or Robin just looks at you and BAM, locked in a grapple. It would take a ton of critical thinking and balancing to make something that's along the lines of Fighter Z, there's not the same kind of unifier that game would have to make for a smooth transition.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Cause DBZ characters boil down to Punch Fast and Throw Laser Attack, with slight variations of those two. One Piece characters have their own unique properties, and you'd have to factor that in when trying to make a legit fighter, not just the usual cookie-cutter shovelware games they usually make.

Luffy has stretch attacks that could cheese the entire screen area, or Robin just looks at you and BAM, locked in a grapple. It would take a ton of critical thinking and balancing to make something that's along the lines of Fighter Z, there's not the same kind of unifier that game would have to make for a smooth transition.

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wonder how street fighter does it!!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Parrotine posted:

you have clearly never played an anime fighter before lol

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Marvel vs capcom is an impossible dream

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

If you press a button you may attempt to make your enemy’s points go down, but if you press other button you may attempt you protect your points.

This is the extent of my knowledge of video games. I hope this has helped.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I learned this by reading the poneglyphs

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Arc System is responsible for Guilty Gear as well as Blazblue among other fighting games. The majority of the casts in these games don't have a unified power set and it's made up of characters that are narratively and mechanically dissimilar to each other and the characters that do have a similar basis (like the Clover family) play differently from each other (one is a standard puppet character the other is a stand user.)

I think they know how to make an anime fighter with interesting characters, they are doing a bang up job with the DBZ cast which just recently updated to include a guy who in the show can stop time.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Marvel vs capcom is an impossible dream

i really want to see one piece vs dbz if only because they're basically owned by the same companies in almost every major region, so it would be insanely easy in terms of licensing

plus one piece characters have more variety to them and dbfz kinda lacks that, especially when it comes to character designs.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also a one piece fighting game would just be the strawhats + shichibukai + ace and sabo probably.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Electric Phantasm posted:

Maybe they think Arcsys would have to include every character in One piece.

Who would you even include after the strawhats? There are so many to choose from.

All Strawhats + All arc villains is a good place to start. Cross out the boring villains like Don Kreig and Kuro and start adding in notable marines and theres your roster

e: This is pretty hard

Fantasy 3v3 One Piece Fighter with 24 Characters

Strawhats (9): Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Chopper, Franky, Sanji, Brook, Robin

Villains (9): Arlong, Enel, Crocodile, Moriah, Doflamingo, Blackbeard, Lucci, Akainu, Someone from Wholecake (Big Mom or Katakuri)

Others (6): Mihawk, Boa, Jinbe, Smoker, Ace, Sabo

This covers all the bases but leaves a hell of a lot of people out

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 2, 2018

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

anime was right posted:

also a one piece fighting game would just be the strawhats + shichibukai + ace and sabo probably.

4 Emperor DLC.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was there a chapter this week? There was no release on the VIZ homepage and there was one on Christmas Day so I assumed it just didn't release this week. I accidentally marked all my manga threads as unread two weeks ago!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

EmmyOk posted:

Was there a chapter this week? There was no release on the VIZ homepage and there was one on Christmas Day so I assumed it just didn't release this week. I accidentally marked all my manga threads as unread two weeks ago!

we got next monday's chapter a week early i believe, so yes, there was a release this week for pirates only.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oddium posted:

wrap it up haters. this vrchat room confirms what we already knew

[wipes brow in relief after seeing no jinbei]

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

anime was right posted:

we got next monday's chapter a week early i believe, so yes, there was a release this week for pirates only.

So the next leaked chapter won't be until around Friday the 12th right? Since they have Holidays this week?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Havoc904 posted:

So the next leaked chapter won't be until around Friday the 12th right? Since they have Holidays this week?

i think so yeah

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Brother Entropy posted:

[wipes brow in relief after seeing no jinbei]

jinbei was with the warlords

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

actually in a fighting game both kuro and kreig would be strong characters because of their gimmicky nature.

also it might be better with 1v1 and a assist of some kind per teammate if we are keeping it anime style

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I would love to see how a fighting game would pull off Bege’s fruit. Also I just learned that in FighterZ Captain Ginyu summons the Ginyu Force for attacks and I’m in love.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It probably wouldn't be much different than a standard character, cannonball projectiles, spear attacks, a cavalry charge super, a Big Daddy super etc. If they wanted to go full Arcsys with it they could probably have each special be on a cool down, or have a population counter that would get used up with every special.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Arcsys probably begging Oda to make Scratchman Apoo a character justifying a character slot

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
They could do a lot of cool stuff with character size. Characters vary wildly by default, plus there's stuff like gear 4 and monster point. They could just make everybody roughly the same size, but it'd be more interesting if the stages change in size based on how big the characters are.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

doesn't DBFZ have Piccolo doing his arm stretch thing already? Not to mention uh Dhalsim has been a thing since fighting games have existed

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Kild posted:

doesn't DBFZ have Piccolo doing his arm stretch thing already? Not to mention uh Dhalsim has been a thing since fighting games have existed

Kid Buu also has Daslim arms.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alacron posted:

It probably wouldn't be much different than a standard character, cannonball projectiles, spear attacks, a cavalry charge super, a Big Daddy super etc. If they wanted to go full Arcsys with it they could probably have each special be on a cool down, or have a population counter that would get used up with every special.

I'd welcome them adding stuff like ammunition counters to characters, my biggest draw for their games is character gimmicks as it keeps the cast as more than just interesting designs. Just spitballing some ideas for characters:

• Chopper and his rumble ball forms could function like blood packs for A.B.A, granting his temporary forms on a timer
  • Nami is a setup-trap character similar to Kokonoe or Rachel Alucard that must place weather phenomenon on the stage and then remotely activate them by using other moves
  • Usopp also sets up traps but would be more similar to Testament as they are automatically activated upon the enemy crossing over them.
  • Franky runs on Cola so certain normals or specials will reduce that, must reload cola after running dry.
  • Buggy becomes a pseudo-puppet character as he can detatch parts of his body and control them with different parts having their own associated move list
  • Like suggested, Capone has a population counter and once he runs out of people he can no longer perform those moves. Maybe make him closer to Johnny's Mist Finer where he has a Lv. 1 version of a move that has no population cost but to access the higher level versions he needs to burn soldiers.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Millions posted:

I would love to see how a fighting game would pull off Bege’s fruit. Also I just learned that in FighterZ Captain Ginyu summons the Ginyu Force for attacks and I’m in love.

somewhat exists with valentine in ggxrd too

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Remember how big Mom could instantly kill anyone who showed fear

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

key party favors posted:

That was before Jinbe, best boy of the sea, showed the rest of them how to be stone cold motherfuckers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bacon flaps posted:

That was before Jinbe, best boy of the sea, showed the rest of them how to be stone cold motherfuckers.

jinbe is the (fish)man

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

key party favors posted:

it was only under the effect of her stare. when her eyes do that spiral thing

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Didn't she do it to Charlotte Moscato, Minister of Gelato, during her croquembouche hunger fit?

I'm just going to assume she won't do it now because she's mad as hell and is hyperfocused on getting cake at this point, but shonen villains showcasing a move and then never using it again does tend to happen from time to time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I thought she needed to be physically close enough to a person to remove their soul to do it? That it was similar to removing a piece of the soul to eat/use, except she essentially removed the whole thing and scared it to death.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Big Mom doesn't want their souls right now. She wants to kill them conventionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what she wants is cake