Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See, this feels like a gently caress up only the Time Idiots could fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

So how did Barry gently caress up this time to get in this mess?

"For you it was the most important day in your life, for me it was a Tuesday."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Samuringa posted:

The Snap had a very far reach.

All life in the universe includes non-network series streaming universes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just started watching Arrow. Is this season seriously going to just be loving Diaz again?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Well Diaz was only the last half of last season, so I could see them swapping mid season again. The first half of last season was Ben from Lost.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Diaz just killed his way through the Quadrant and no one ever said boo. Here is this super secret, super powerful and super secret criminal organization, but they'll just let some guy come in and start murdering their leaders.

Its just so loving bad and lazy. I said it before, but I'm sure Arrow's writers room is like Voyagers, they didn't want to rewrite, they didn't want to do anything more than the most basic stories and characters because people will watch anyways, and they like to knock off at around 4.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Got around to watching the first episode of Titans, and man, it's a weird loving show tonally. You have the overtly fantastical, comic book-y aspects of the CW shows, and the violence and gritty urban "realism" of the Marvel Netflix shows, and on top of that, there are straight-up horror elements with Raven that wouldn't fit particularly well in either of those contexts.

I haven't decided yet if I'll keep watching, but while I don't think the first episode walks this tonal tightrope well at all, at least it's probably going to be an interesting failure.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Diaz just killed his way through the Quadrant and no one ever said boo. Here is this super secret, super powerful and super secret criminal organization, but they'll just let some guy come in and start murdering their leaders.

Its just so loving bad and lazy. I said it before, but I'm sure Arrow's writers room is like Voyagers, they didn't want to rewrite, they didn't want to do anything more than the most basic stories and characters because people will watch anyways, and they like to knock off at around 4.

Yesterday there was a scene where Diaz broke into the protective custody home of Felicity and attacked her, only to be thwarted off screen by "ARGUS showing up", according to Felicity. But how did they manage to break up his attack when he was basically standing over her with a knife, and also not manage to catch him? Similarly, in today's Flash, a bad guy gets locked in a truck filled with the guns the meta of the week stole from him by the meta herself. The next time we see both of them, she is rummaging through the truck and the guy who was locked in that truck shows up with reinforcements to take the truck with the guns he was just locked in back. Yes, it was as confusing as that sentence was. How did he get out of the truck and why didn't he just take it back then? Or, why would she let him out and not kill him like she killed his brother when she stole the guns in the first place?! Or were they implying she had another identical truck and he was just hunting her down I guess? The CW shows definitely feel like they do not allow for rewrites and multiple drafts for sure. Though for the Flash one I am willing to concede that maybe there was a line of dialog that explained it that I missed.

Also the new Flash suit looks awful.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 17, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Kirk Acevedo has been promoted to regular status for this season of Arrow which could mean anything as regards Diaz's status.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Kirk Acevedo has been promoted to regular status for this season of Arrow which could mean anything as regards Diaz's status.

He should reverse heel turn and take over as the Green Arrow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

He should reverse heel turn and take over as the Green Arrow.

He gains the ability to magically appear in the Arrow cave while periodically exclaiming, "I used to be Ra's al-Ghul a drug dealer!"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Daredevil Season 3 Review Embargo is lifted and the reviews are very positive.

93% on Rotten Tomatoes

(Season 2 was 77% and Season 1 was 99%)

quote:

Critics Consensus: The Man with No Fear returns to top form with a third season that begins tediously slow but gradually generates comic book thrills, immeasurably helped by the welcome return of Vincent D'Onofrio's menacing Kingpin. The presence of compelling foes who are a legitimate threat to the hero — physically and otherwise — and by the big questions the season asks its supporting characters make for a compelling first half of the season, resulting in the first truly bingeable season of a Marvel TV show since Daredevil season 1.

That’s not to say Daredevil season 3 is a complete triumph from top to bottom. The same Netflix problems of too many episodes that run for too long is still an issue here, and the season does take its sweet, sweet time getting started. Pacing issues and narrative urgency aside, the new season is nevertheless much stronger than any other Netflix MCU title in the last several years. Season 3 doesn’t simply draw inspiration from ‘Born Again,’ it uses it as a blueprint for how the story will unfold. It’s not a direct adaptation by any means, but the writers are essentially following a recipe for success, which they do, for the most part.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/1052407547951341568

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToastyPotato posted:

Yesterday there was a scene where Diaz broke into the protective custody home of Felicity and attacked her, only to be thwarted off screen by "ARGUS showing up", according to Felicity. But how did they manage to break up his attack when he was basically standing over her with a knife, and also not manage to catch him? Similarly, in today's Flash, a bad guy gets locked in a truck filled with the guns the meta of the week stole from him by the meta herself. The next time we see both of them, she is rummaging through the truck and the guy who was locked in that truck shows up with reinforcements to take the truck with the guns he was just locked in back. Yes, it was as confusing as that sentence was. How did he get out of the truck and why didn't he just take it back then? Or, why would she let him out and not kill him like she killed his brother when she stole the guns in the first place?! Or were they implying she had another identical truck and he was just hunting her down I guess? The CW shows definitely feel like they do not allow for rewrites and multiple drafts for sure. Though for the Flash one I am willing to concede that maybe there was a line of dialog that explained it that I missed.

Also the new Flash suit looks awful.

Diaz also had guys inside the Prison. But as I said in the TVIV thread, I'm giving arrow one shot, and if it pisses me off once I'm dropping it like a hot rock.

Flash is bad, but at least its light and goofy again, and I can take that.

This is art.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

That looks better than the Flash one, in every way.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm not surprised to hear DD is pretty great. I can't wait to catch it on Friday.

This is everything

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stephanie Amell is kind of...

hot?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK this blog is running a rumor that the WB is developing a Tyler Hoechlin-led Superman show for CW. Now normally I wouldn't post a source this sketchy but god drat do I want that to happen so much

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

OK this blog is running a rumor that the WB is developing a Tyler Hoechlin-led Superman show for CW. Now normally I wouldn't post a source this sketchy but god drat do I want that to happen so much

I'm enjoying the reactions of CD at this news.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd watch that like crazy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Supergirl is also going to introduce Lex so they will already have all the pieces and will just need to put them together.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That would also be a good solution to the so-called "James problem". Namely ever since they decided he won't be Kara's love interest they've had little idea what to do with jimmy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They absolutely need to get Rosenbaum to be Luthor again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be age appropriate since Superman in this is supposed to be like 10 years older than he looks.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Davros1 posted:

I'm enjoying the reactions of CD at this news.
CD's second-favorite pasttime has always been to take potshots at the CW shows, except not at the parts that actually deserve to be mocked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd not be surprised if the last shot of DD season 3 is Matt with Karen and Foggy, and they're talking, then the Camera closes in on Matt, who suddenly stops talking, it pans around to show where the others were sitting is just dust.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I'd not be surprised if the last shot of DD season 3 is Matt with Karen and Foggy, and they're talking, then the Camera closes in on Matt, who suddenly stops talking, it pans around to show where the others were sitting is just dust.

I'd be very surprised.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

twistedmentat posted:

Honestly, Batman showing up would be less shocking than this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

This is the number one most unlikely thing that would ever happen on a Netflix show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

CD's second-favorite pasttime has always been to take potshots at the CW shows, except not at the parts that actually deserve to be mocked.

One was complaining about Superman and Supergirl saving the experimental spacecraft in Supergirl S2 premiere, because apparently that's bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Reveal yourselves bingers, how is daredevil

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not saying its likely, but I wouldn't be surprised. It of course would be completely ignored if they got a season 4.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

Reveal yourselves bingers, how is daredevil

If someone started binging it the second it was available and took only 15 second breaks for the bathroom and food, then they still would not be finished yet.

I also would not trust the opinion of anyone who would do that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I didnt say they had to have watched all of it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

I didnt say they had to have watched all of it

Critic consensus is that it starts slow, but becomes great. It's almost (but not quite) as good as season 1. Bullseye and Fisk are great.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 19, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, it starts a little slow but episode 4 is a loving doozy, and there's some decent fight scenes in the first 3 episodes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Does Bullseye finally get a bloody costume? The Daredevil one from the trailers doesn't count.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does Bullseye finally get a bloody costume? The Daredevil one from the trailers doesn't count.

Not yet, but I'm just part-way through episode five. He's got the symbol on his baseball hat as a kid in flashbacks.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Vince MechMahon posted:

Started episode 7 and so far he's just worn the devil costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe they made Bullseye's origin even less realistic than his comic book one.

And yeah, this is a Netflix show that drags up front instead of in the back like they usually do. Lots of recapping of character beats we're already completely familiar with. But then it starts kickin'.