Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
If trump doesn't tweet by 6:45am it's the longest he's ever gone without tweeting since he was president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Overwined posted:

A little B. Kliban in the right place at the right time.

dontemporary art

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I don't think anything can sum up the current state of American politics more than "MSNBC commentator accidentally tweets love for hentai, not most insane thing to happen today."

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If trump doesn't tweet by 6:45am it's the longest he's ever gone without tweeting since he was president

Maybe he ded

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Ogmius815 posted:

Okay. Scalia is dead, so it wasn't him. Who gave GMU $30m to name their law school after a dead SC Justice?

quote:

On March 31, 2016, the Board of Visitors approved renaming the school after the late United States Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia. The name change followed gifts of $20 million from an anonymous donor and an additional $10 million from the Charles Koch Foundation conditioned on the renaming, and was announced as requiring approval by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.[4] The name change became effective on May 17, 2016.[5]

so 20mil anonymous from the Koch Bros and 10mil publically from Kock Bros prolly

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

EwokEntourage posted:

so 20mil anonymous from the Koch Bros and 10mil publically from Kock Bros prolly

Is that retroactive? Do all their alumni have to put Scalia's name on their resumes now? I can't think of many more revolting things.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The Day the Tweets Died

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Since he announced he was running*

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I have a mental image of Trump chasing after some intern who was told to grab Donnie's phone this morning.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

Ogmius815 posted:

Is that retroactive? Do all their alumni have to put Scalia's name on their resumes now? I can't think of many more revolting things.

Anyone who graduates after it was renamed would probably put the new name, previous alumni will probably go by the old name since that's what their diplomas send and no one really gives a poo poo what the name of the law school is

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Revolutionary War was a mistake.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Pakled posted:

Agriculture was a mistake.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

Agriculture was a mistake.

Agriculture made grains, which can be distilled into whiskey. Argument refuted.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pakled posted:

The Civil War would have become the new Revolutionary War with the British stomping over the South with the Black and Tans.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You mean his 2nd? He was silent for Eurotrip.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Majorian posted:

Alcohol is haraam, checkmate.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

EwokEntourage posted:

Hell, I'd change my first name to "Antonin Scalia" for 30 mil

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Majorian posted:

I've actually heard it posited that agriculture didn't lead to alcohol. Alcohol lead to agriculture.

Maybe we could've been alcohol drinking hunter gatherers. That would've been pretty sweet.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

So what are the ramifications for brexit if the conservatives lose? Is it not too late to reverse course?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Its an official hung parliament and Corbyn's calling for May to resign. :toot:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oracle posted:

Its an official hung parliament and Corbyn's calling for May to resign. :toot:

One country partially fixed, one more to go!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Family Values posted:

So what are the ramifications for brexit if the conservatives lose? Is it not too late to reverse course?

Simply put:

CHAOS REIGNS

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

Moatman posted:

Hell, I'd change my first name to "Antonin Scalia" for 30 mil

Have you considered becoming a law school?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/873052608851697664

I think I'm willing to cut the Intercept some slack here

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

It does seem she didn't have a good idea of how to protect herself. But the intercept still revealed where she lived and where they believe she worked, which seems pretty bad. There doesn't appear to be any reason to reveal any info about your source to verify the document

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Her name is becoming more and more ironic by the minute, not to kick someone when they're down.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bless her heart

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I wish we could have special elections.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

OctaMurk posted:

Lmao that post made me feel old as gently caress and I'm 24

Same

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Furnaceface posted:

One country partially fixed, one more to go!

I like the positivity but uh...

We have a long way before the illuminati are real.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

With that type of OPSEC, why is she working against the Trump Administration instead of for them?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

How are these people allowed into positions where they can do these things to themselves?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Rinkles posted:

How are these people allowed into positions where they can do these things to themselves?

*Furiously writes dissertations on the electoral college*

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rinkles posted:

Thread title

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Internet Explorer posted:

Bless her heart

Yeah. Right in the mouth.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

glowing-fish posted:

With that type of OPSEC, why is she working against the Trump Administration instead of for them?

For more information, please see your local armed forces recruiting office. :patriot:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lightning Lord posted:

Her name is becoming more and more ironic by the minute, not to kick someone when they're down.

It has to be a fake name, right? Like, who would actually name their child Reality with the last name Winner? I bet her middle name is Show.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It has to be a fake name, right? Like, who would actually name their child Reality with the last name Winner? I bet her middle name is Show.

My friend, you've obviously never been to Texas.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Family Values posted:

My woefully shaky handle on things from reading the UKMT: Brexit cannot be stopped, but the process could.. theoretically be handled more gracefully than May and the Tories had intended. What I glean as probably going to happen is that the Tories are going to have to form a coalition government with somebody else, likely the DUP in Northern Ireland, who definitely don't want the kind of Brexit May was looking for. They want a permeable border with Ireland, like they've got now with the EU, which isn't compatible with the :sever: the Tories want.

Alternatively, they won't form a coalition and will negotiate their hard Brexit as a minority government, which will be essentially the only thing they'll have the ability to do since they'll probably lack the votes to accomplish much else. That won't be a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

I've actually heard it posited that agriculture didn't lead to alcohol. Alcohol lead to agriculture.

Maybe we could've been alcohol drinking hunter gatherers. That would've been pretty sweet.

Oh my God dude, you have just opened the door to the most beautiful alternate history.:swoon:

• Locked thread