Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

D1E posted:

Touched a nerve I see.

And my cats happen to think I'm very good-looking.

Nah, was a lame attempt at a joke, since I like your AV's hat. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly funny, so blech.

Edit: Really, start of page with this crap. Help me google.

google search, "Attractive man & cat"

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I've never seen a better looking guy than myself :smug:

(insert awkward punch line)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

^ that's me!

EDIT: Stupid TJB got in the way

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Drunk Theory posted:

Nah, was a lame attempt at a joke, since I like your AV's hat. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly funny, so blech.

Edit: Really, start of page with this crap. Help me google.

google search, "Attractive man & cat"

Is that Martin Shkreli

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

spacetoaster posted:

WTF is this guy wearing?

I never asked for this.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

What's this guy's most likely Shitizen name? Pussydestroya69420?

fucktrophyer42

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is that Martin Shkreli

As if you don't recognize a lead from Vampire Diaries.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:five:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, I'm done.

Dev guy in the background, is he Humility?

Every time I see him, he just stands there, 1000 yard stare, silent, still, hollow like death.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

Every time I see him, he just stands there, 1000 yard stare, silent, still, hollow like death.

And now you've seen the code, you know why.

You know why.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D1E posted:

Honestly, seeing pictures of those Shitizens at Gamescom makes me really sad.

Because it means that most of the leavers in this thread probably look just like those loving rejects. The only difference is you lot received refunds.

im cute but fat don't worry.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nice scrotclown

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

What's this guy's most likely Shitizen name? Pussydestroya69420?

Nah, this guy is cool. Lay off him.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

edit: more bun-buns
http://i.imgur.com/tEgn2gt.mp4

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 25, 2016

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Gf is going out for girlsnight! Looks like I'm having a starcitiZen night!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Cigstomper58 posted:

Buy 3,000 worth of JPEGs and do a ton of datura.

edit: can we get more citizens gifs? I really enjoyed those.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

Buy 3,000 worth of JPEGs and do a ton of datura.

edit: can we get more citizens gifs? I really enjoyed those.

Downloading.... can't even watch the Gamescon demo again while waiting, don't wan't to waste bandwidth...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:siren: Star Citizen Patch 2.5.0m :siren:

Alpha Patch 2.5.0m has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.

Your launcher should show “2.5.0-393743” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.5.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Updates and Fixes
  • Fixed some severe head shake that certain ship-classes were experiencing at high speed.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
CIG knows and loves me i guess! Tomorrows also my work from home day! Finally my reliant!

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
They just dropped 2.5 live btw

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4zklq7/25_going_live/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Cigstomper58 posted:

lol sure

whatever you say freind

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lets see if the patcher will work with this one

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Updates and Fixes
  • Fixed some severe head shake that certain ship-classes were experiencing at high speed.
32 gigs later...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Cigstomper58 posted:

Is your hand detachable? Were you injured in the wars, friend?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

im cute but fat don't worry.

PM me.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Alpha Patch 2.5.0m has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test! During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.

Your launcher should show “2.5.0-393743” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

The full 2.5.0 Patch Notes are located here. Please take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Updates and Fixes

:pgabz: please!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It begins anew

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How much baby powder do you think Ben goes through in a week?

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Enough to make 7 delicious pancakes a day.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4zklq7/25_going_live/d6wkrnl

:worship: Jesus Patch salvages all. :worship:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm not fat. Explain this please?

What does the fat man do with the baby powder?

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

I'm not fat. Explain this please?

What does the fat man do with the baby powder?

Chafing and crotch sweat creates rashes. Instead of rashes, you can elect to make baby batter (the non scrotal kind) instead with baby powder. Its edible.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Big K of Justice posted:

Has cig ever mentioned how they are going to handle the network backed?

It's a glaring elephant in the room.

Companies that depend on network play often have to have substantial network infrastructure ... From rolling their own backbones and data centers to partnering with ISPs and making sure they are upgraded and can handle the traffic (I've worked for developers that paid other ISPs to upgrade their data enters and to make sure the upgrades prioritize their traffic).

It looks like from my perspective, this isn't really a consideration or they'll hire a 3rd party company to figure it out ...

Honestly backend isn't that difficult. In my work I've designed and maintained infrastructure for many top games including one of the larger MMOs (over 1 billion usd worth) out there.

The hard parts really are decentralizing your service to make it fully redundant and adequate filtering which is very expensive for game servers due to the nature of UDP.

The big blocker really is the code itself. Infrastructure as a Service has scaled to a point that the hardware and physical aspect is almost moot at this point. Any company that rolls their own instead of leasing through a larger provider is nuts in 2016.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Cigstomper58 posted:

Chafing and crotch sweat creates rashes. Instead of rashes, you can elect to make baby batter (the non scrotal kind) instead with baby powder. Its edible.

How do you know all this?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

:siren: Mark Hamil has withdrawn from the Star Citizen project and was replaced by a lesser known actor :siren:

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

How do you know all this?

Fetlife.com

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

Yikes, still plenty of big nasty bugs on the M PTU version that's the same as what's going live:
  • Big desync problems, a lot of 30s trips into the past, especially after QD jump and EVA.
  • All gun scopes are gone, can't get them back by re-equipping anymore.
  • AI is very spotty, cutlass pirates fly away from you and explode on their own.
  • ESP is pretty broken.
Oh and the HUD is turned off in all ships with working screens, that's going to cause quite a backlash I'm sure.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

a resounding success.

*opens champagne*

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kikkelivelho posted:

Since we're sharing, here's my Star Citizen Story:

3 years ago my little brother drowned. We were out at sea on our family boat and got completely wasted. My brother fell off the boat and was too drunk to swim. Now, I want to make something clear so this doesn't seem creepy: I have accepted his death, I don't have any lingering regrets or thoughts about how I could have saved him or something. Anyway, I recently learned that if you have multiple game copies on your account you get additional character slots that can be used to create crew members for your ships. I figured I might as well create my brother in the game, you know as a sort of a memento. Instead of a boat we'd have my trusty Freelancer. We'd sail not on the sea but through the infinite black void. How cool is this going to be? If you have any stories please feel free to post them here.

We don't. Fack off. You're in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
well, they weren't able to fix things up for 2.4 or 2.5 despite being in relentless crunch-mode, but I'm sure the infinitely more complex 3.0 patch will run just fine a few months from now. I understand game development, you see :downs:

• Locked thread