Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

I just wish they made the Constructions a smaller size class so they'd be more reasonable and affordable. I love me some little robots.
This I can get on board with. Id be able to look past some of the obvious shortcuts if they weren't voyager sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

C'mon, he can dislike the figure if he feels like it, right? Don't be like that.

I personally like it more the more I see it.
Yeah but he seems to have to bring it up every time people discuss combiner wars figures. Like, we get it. You don't need to jump in every time.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm looking forward to the third party add-on kits that give the Hasbro Constructicons proper elbows and stuff.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What the hell, TFW2005 transformed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

What the hell, TFW2005 transformed.

It's so bad.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's so bad.

I use my phone to view the site for more often than my PC and I'm just glad to see they finally have a mobile version of their site and forum

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why does every site redesign comes with blobs of unused space? People know they invent transparencies at the beginning of time, right? You can put text over other things. You can put the word "search" inside the search box and it disappears when you click in it. Oh you did. Oh you need to tell us Search, Search this website, Search. Thanks. I'd never have known.

Unrelated:

dongs

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

It's so bad.

I love having the sponsors bar taking 1/3 of the screen at all times.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I love having the sponsors bar taking 1/3 of the screen at all times.
I love how there's a big fat bar flying off into the big blob of black at the side that reads sponsors

Oh poo poo no we might be tricked into believing TFSource is just a friend or something!!

search search search

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TheDK posted:

Devastator looks like poo poo and I hate it. Just want to make sure we have equal representation here.

This is my opinion too. Not because I believe it, I just want to convince myself not to spend $150 on a Transformer I'm not particularly fond of. Also it should have been Deluxes. Though I would also kill for a set of those in Legends scale.

And what is that drill tank?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I hope they add at least Jazz and Ironhide as DLC.

Also Ratchet, and Brawn, and Tracks, Hound, Powerglide, Prowl, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod... gently caress it, just give me everyone. Sell me all the DLC. I'll get it.
I'm hoping for a Decepticon campaign DLC. Seems like all the Autobots are going to play pretty much the same, all being wheeled land vehicles, except for Grimlock who will hopefully get some good stompy action. Give me some jets, gestalts, and big flying guns. And a tape player I guess. I realize you could get almost all those things as Autobots, but really I just want an excuse to play as Decepticons and blast some fleshlings.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The one thing putting me off the new TF game is the Pat Lee-like artwork

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

I'm hoping for a Decepticon campaign DLC. Seems like all the Autobots are going to play pretty much the same, all being wheeled land vehicles, except for Grimlock who will hopefully get some good stompy action. Give me some jets, gestalts, and big flying guns. And a tape player I guess. I realize you could get almost all those things as Autobots, but really I just want an excuse to play as Decepticons and blast some fleshlings.

I want this game to have a multiplayer VS. mode ala Anarchy Reigns, but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be within the scope of the game. :smith:

I basically just want a game where you can do big online multiplayer Autobot vs. Decepticon battles, set on earth (and other locales like Cybertron and Quintessa) and they go "gently caress it" and have like, everybody playable. War\Fall of Cybertron scratched that itch to a degree, but I'd love something that keeps adding new characters and content as time goes on like an MMO.

It would be cool to see something like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 where they're like "gently caress it, forget balancing this poo poo at all, sure it's broken as hell, just throw in everybody ever and make a gigantic Transformers murder simulator. You want a playable Omega Supreme or Trypticon? Yeah, gently caress it. Megatron turning into a gun or Soundwave a tape player doesn't make sense from a game design standpoint? Whatever, just do it, man."

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You know what would be a rad final boss, for a Platinum game, if Megatron was in his gun mode, and was being passed around to the different combiners, and you had to fight him while all the decepticon combiners were trying to stop you, and the one with Megatron was just blasting at you.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

You Am I posted:

No, this actually has proper proportions.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

You Am I posted:

It's Studio Ox inspired, not pat lee.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Studio_Ox

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KO MP Exhaust is happening. So much for paying $100+ for a legit one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

How great would an '86 movie game be in that style? You've got your set pieces/levels. The battle for Autobot City, play as Hot Rod, Kup, Springer or Arcee, then as Optimus when he arrives. Quintessia, the Planet of Junk, Moonbase 2, inside Unicron, etc. intersperse it with bits of the movie done in the same cel-shaded style.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

How great would an '86 movie game be in that style? You've got your set pieces/levels. The battle for Autobot City, play as Hot Rod, Kup, Springer or Arcee, then as Optimus when he arrives. Quintessia, the Planet of Junk, Moonbase 2, inside Unicron, etc. intersperse it with bits of the movie done in the same cel-shaded style.

That would probably make a cool sequel to this.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be cool to see something like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 where they're like "gently caress it, forget balancing this poo poo at all, sure it's broken as hell, just throw in everybody ever and make a gigantic Transformers murder simulator. You want a playable Omega Supreme or Trypticon? Yeah, gently caress it. Megatron turning into a gun or Soundwave a tape player doesn't make sense from a game design standpoint? Whatever, just do it, man."

Just make Transformers Xenoverse, insane time jumping storyline and all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

KO MP Exhaust is happening. So much for paying $100+ for a legit one.

Yeah, it's a real shame.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm looking forward to the third party add-on kits that give the Hasbro Constructicons proper elbows and stuff.

Long Haul and Hook's arms have to stay pretty much the way they are or Devastator won't peg together properly. Scrapper and Mixmaster can be creatively changed, though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, where'd they stash the nose cone? And aren't you just the cutest lil' Galvatron, yes you are.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah where the hell does the front half of the jet go? Everything from that white section forward just disappears, looks like?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

And aren't you just the cutest lil' Galvatron, yes you are.

Worth it for the tiny Galvatron alone. I imagine him screaming and stomping around with a tiny chipmunk voice.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
GALVATRON CAN BE ANY SIZE HE WISHES!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

That Cyclonus is really good looking. I'mma pull a Taint and say the Combiner Wars version is good enough for me, so...

:boom::cheeky:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh yeah? I Don't see leader Sized Galvatron anywhere.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Galvatron doesn't feel like being leader sized right now.

Now what bitch

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Sentinel Red posted:

Wow, where'd they stash the nose cone? And aren't you just the cutest lil' Galvatron, yes you are.

Without even looking I can hear TFW screaming about how it's not IDW-style.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Has anything MP Scaled been IDW based?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Nope. Not sure what cookie's on about.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

therealjon_ posted:

Has anything MP Scaled been IDW based?

Not that I'm aware. Though I'm sure it will happen sooner rather than later.

CW Ultra Magnus and Cyclonus are on their way to me. Should be here by Saturday. My excitement is immense.

An Angry Bug posted:

Nope. Not sure what cookie's on about.

I think he just means there will be some fans bitching it's not the version of Cyclonus they want. You know, the usual.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 17, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

Put CW Cyclonus in Torso mode and steal some limbs. There's your Leader Galvatron.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

^^^^
I'm hoping for a 3rd party set that will give him Galvatron limbs and come in the form of sweeps and a Hisarmada for maximum meta.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Blaargh posted:

I think he just means there will be some fans bitching it's not the version of Cyclonus they want. You know, the usual.

Yeah, sorry. It felt clear at the time. :)

I just want to chime in on the CW Magnus love. It has a few too many holes for my liking (as opposed to hollow bits, which I've made peace with). But it's the most Magnus-feeling Magnus I've seen so far, even more so than the MP. Like everyone, I wish he could hold his weapons, but I think I can fix it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

It's very suspicious that nothing MP has been based on IDW.

Obviously that means we'll be getting Masterpiece Rung.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stop reaping my taint.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Put CW Cyclonus in Torso mode and steal some limbs. There's your Leader Galvatron.

Captain Blaargh posted:

^^^^
I'm hoping for a 3rd party set that will give him Galvatron limbs and come in the form of sweeps and a Hisarmada for maximum meta.

I would buy a case of Sweeps/Hisarmadas. Are you paying attention, DeceptiveThinker? This is a great idea.

Serperoth posted:

It's very suspicious that nothing MP has been based on IDW.

Obviously that means we'll be getting Masterpiece Rung.

No, the Masterpiece line is for nostalgia nerds, like that Platinum game*. Rung was not on a moderately successful '80s anime show, we will not be seeing him.

Unfortunately. :(

*looks great... but not IDW!!!**

**still getting it because looks exactly my jam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, it's a real shame.

It will possibly have the original paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

It will possibly have the original paint job.

Oh no, it's "worse!"

Where, hypothetically speaking, would one hear more information about this?