Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Sad because I probably time to see this until after today, so I won't have two years in a row where the last film I see in theaters was a Filipino comedy starring Vice Ganda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5yrNMkOas

Suggestions are open for 2019 thread titles.

Upcoming things in the next few months include:
The movie about a dog coming home where the trailer spoilers the whole movie
Replicas
Glass (hopefully awesome)
Thread favorite The Kid Who Would Be King
A Jacob's Ladder remake (!!!)
A Miss Bala remake
Lego Movie 2.0
The Mr. Plow movie
Alita: Big Eyes Angel
Yet Another Madea Movie
Captain Marvel
Sad Dumbo
Shazam
Hellboy remake
The Curse of La Llorona starring white people pretending to be Mexican
Avengers: All the Money
Uglydolls
Detective Pikachu
a different movie about a dog on the move called A Dog's Journey (this is getting out of hand, etc etc)
John Wick 3 (released the same day as the dog movie above, lol)
Aladdin in real life form
Minecraft
Godzilla and other awesome monsters in awesome movie
Dark Phoenix (unless it is delayed again)
Men In Black reboot
Shaft: 3 Shafts
Child's Play reboot
Toy Story 4
Spider-Man: Far From Dust
Lion King: Not Technically Live-Action but That's What We'll Call It
Dora the Explorer
New Mutants (unless it also is delayed again!)
That Fast and Furious spinoff with The Rock and Statham
Untitled WB Event Film I (lol)
Artemis Fowl (There will be a review that is titled "Artemis Foul")
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Angry Birds 2 (!!!)
Playmobil
Angel Has Fallen
something called My Boyfriend's Meds
It 2: The Wrath of Clown
Joker
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Zombieland 2
Charlie's Angels reboot
another Terminator movie
Sonic the Thin Legs
Frozen 2: Elsa Better Have a Girlfriend!
Kingsman prequel?
Jumanji 3
Cats (my vote for must-see movie of the year just for how weird and awesome it will be!)
Star Wars 9 Lives
Masters of the Universe (what???)
The Call of the Wild
Little Women
and a bunch of Untitled Horror Movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tars Tarkas posted:

It 2: The Wrath of Clown

You win

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Im just tired of all these DisneyWars

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Will Angry Birds 2 be as xenophobic as the first?

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
2019 Disney Live Action Everything

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Who Greenlighted 2019 - Disney Has Fallen

or

Who Greenlighted 2019 - A Goon's Way Home

or

Who Greenlighted 2019 - Endgame

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Who Greenlighted 2019 - Sonic Anatomy Discussion ITT

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Who Greenlighted 2019 - Kingdom Hearts Movie Any Day Now

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Who Greenlighted 2019 - The Blockoffice Bomb Who Would Be King

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

21 Muns posted:

I always thought that it would be funny and cool if Howard The Duck were revealed as the real ultimate puppetmaster villain behind Thanos but there's probably a good reason I'm not in charge of Marvel

this is known as the Scrappy Doo maneuver

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Green Lighter 2019: All These Cinematic Universes Will Be Lost Like Tears in the Rain

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Who Greenlighted 2019 - Now Streaming on Netflix after the Super Bowl

Shneak fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 1, 2019

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Who Greenlighted 2019 - Dark Universe Anticipation Station

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who'd Greenlit 2019: not a single OC to be found

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Who Greenlighted 2019: After The Fall Of New York

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
2 Green 2 Light 2019: Beyond Cyberspace

Air Greenlight 2019: Seventh Inning Fetch

Supergreenlit: Baby Geniuses 2019

A Good Day To Greenlight

Step Up 2 The Greenlight

Greenlight Academy 2019: Citizens On Patrol

Greenlight: Money Never Sleeps

Greenlighters 2019: Back in Business

Greenlight With A Vengeance

Why Did I Get Greenlit Too?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The last movie I'm watching in 2018 is...............Venom! For the second time! lmao

I'm re-watching it because it's the subject of the new episode of We Hate Movies dropping in a few hours. I don't think it was as bad as many people said. It wasn't great either, but watching Tom Hardy chew scenery is fun enough.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy Greenlightening 2019 2U

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

asecondduck posted:

Happy Greenlightening 2019 2U
:bisonyes:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The last movie I'm watching in 2018 is...............Venom! For the second time! lmao

I'm re-watching it because it's the subject of the new episode of We Hate Movies dropping in a few hours. I don't think it was as bad as many people said. It wasn't great either, but watching Tom Hardy chew scenery is fun enough.

My last 2018 film was If Beale Street Could Talk, which was very good but be prepared because it's not exciting, it's just a slow drama like Roma, with a couple of odd quirks like the narrated photo montages

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

got any sevens posted:

My last 2018 film was If Beale Street Could Talk, which was very good but be prepared because it's not exciting, it's just a slow drama like Roma, with a couple of odd quirks like the narrated photo montages
I wanted to see Beale Street so badly before the end of the year but I didn't get a chance to :( So it didn't make my favorites of 2018 list like Roma did. I hope to see it in 2019 though!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My last film this year was criterion silence of the lambs. Super rad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Almost literally chewing the scenery :v:

Apparently Hardy thought up that gag on the fly when they were blocking out the scene and the crew had to quickly rebuild the tank so it'd take his additional weight.

quote:

“Before we started shooting, Tom wanted to rehearse the scene on location just to get a sense of the blocking,” says director Ruben Fleischer. No lobsters were on set yet, but "we said, 'There’s going to be a huge lobster tank that’s absolutely massive and we’re going to have a ton of lobsters in it.' And Tom quickly goes, ‘Well, I’m going to go in the tank.’ "

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just finishing up Beverly Hills Cop as my last 2018 film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Almost literally chewing the scenery :v:

Apparently Hardy thought up that gag on the fly when they were blocking out the scene and the crew had to quickly rebuild the tank so it'd take his additional weight.
Hahahahaha, holy poo poo :allears:

Honestly, I low-key think it might be one of my favorite comedies of 2018. Most of my favorite movies of the year were dramas (or horror or documentaries), some with comedy sprinkled in, but I don't think there was a single comedy I truly loved. Not that I loved Venom either, but once the symbiote takes over Eddie, the movie has me laughing almost the entire rest of the way through.

The movie itself isn't spectacular, but there's no doubt that Hardy's performance elevates it. It feels like it takes chances that most comic book movies don't, and I can only imagine how much better it might have been had it been rated R.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The part of the film where Eddie has no idea what's going on and is just freaking out and doing nonsensical stuff is gold.

The rest of the movie not so much.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Venom rules, gently caress the haters, "goop" is the new "bae"

edit: Listen to the Chapo Trap House episode on it

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Last movie for me for 2018 is Al Adamson's Horror of the Blood Monsters (name on the print was Vampire Men of the Lost Planet), a movie that was 75% scenes from other movies that were tinted colors in a failed attempt to disguise that they were from black and white movies (and explained in-media as space radiation that was otherwise harmless) The scenes from a Filipino caveman movie were pretty entertaining as there were snake men, lobster men, and bat men running around, even if the various cavemen fighting sequences were incomprehensible like most of the rest of the movie. it does have John Carradine sitting on a spaceship being a rude scientist who pontificates on mankind's arrogance.

I might started Jailbreak before midnight but I doubt I will finish it before new years begins

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've been watching MST3K most of the night but I won't count that. My last movie for the year is Vice. It was good. For some reason my favorite detail in the whole movie is Bush's hair. Everyone in the movie has perfectly groomed hair. Not a one out of place. Except Bush. It's a loving mess every scene.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Tom Hardy was almost getting his Nicholas Cage on in Venom.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My last movie was Mary Poppins which was enjoyable. And two days prior I also saw Aquaman which I absolutely loved, grinning eat to ear the whole time

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The last movie I saw this year was Bumblebee.

It's amazing how much better one of these movies is when 1) Bay isn't directing, and 2) the human character is actually likable and relatable and has an actual character arc.

My favorite little touch in the movie was The Touch briefly playing during one scene. Y'know, the thing that Transformers fans have asked for since the very first live action movie. It made me smile. :unsmith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should have played the Wahlberg version in one of the movies he was in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My last movie is Mary Poppins Returns which teeth grindingly aggravated me for nearly its entire runtime and made me wish I had just watched basically anything else.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Haven't had a change to watch a movie since Christmas Day so my last movie was Gremlins 2. I am fine with this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tars Tarkas posted:

Last movie for me for 2018 is Al Adamson's Horror of the Blood Monsters (name on the print was Vampire Men of the Lost Planet), a movie that was 75% scenes from other movies that were tinted colors in a failed attempt to disguise that they were from black and white movies

Goddamn but I love movies that are cobbled together from other movies. Roger Corman's Raptor is a great example, Warren's 1965 Face of the Screaming Werewolf (awkwardly stitched together from two unrelated Mexican horror films, one of which was also a comedy) was another.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My last movie of 2018 was... Serenity :suicide:

Although if you only count movies I finished before midnight, my last one was the 3-hour cut of The Abyss.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Who Greenlit 2019 - maybe wait for more than a teaser?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Len posted:

Greenlit
NEVER!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Greenlightened in 2019: SMG said it was about Marxism or something