Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

I will accept without reservation Stroll buying force India if they rename it to force Canada and keep the pink.

I'd have to support that endeavor, but I still wouldn't support Lance as a driver.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I would love for F1 to go to a formula where you can use any kind of engine you want, so long as it produces X amount of power from hybrid motors and is limited on fuel consumption, just so we can see everyone choose four or six cylinder engines.

I would also love for this to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I miss ron Dennis

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I would love for F1 to go to a formula where you can use any kind of engine you want, so long as it produces X amount of power from hybrid motors and is limited on fuel consumption, just so we can see everyone choose four or six cylinder engines.

V12s also would have packaging issues, which was a problem then and would be a problem now.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

learnincurve posted:

I will accept without reservation Stroll buying force India if they rename it to force Canada and keep the pink.

Name it Force of the Day and be done with it

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Frond posted:

V12s also would have packaging issues, which was a problem then and would be a problem now.

Aren't they always at a disadvantage so long as refueling isn't allowed? Hell even if they allow refueling there's probably still a disadvantage because of pit time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status/1021743190586675202?s=19

#PrayForSergio

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They went in through his shoulder to fit a pacemaker and it all went wrong. He’s with Schumacher now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

#BringBackLuca

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

learnincurve posted:

They went in through his shoulder to fit a pacemaker and it all went wrong. He’s with Schumacher now.

gently caress that poo poo! I never liked him from how he came across, but godspeed Sergio-Ferrari-guy! No one deserves this.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Brainwrong posted:

I miss ron Dennis

Me too, OP. Me too.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

tuo posted:

Name it Force of the Day and be done with it

This is a Cool Force

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lawrence will commission the development of a new color, name it Stroll and then paint the car with it

The public will know it as Montreal faeces brown.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SCUDERIA FERRARI TIFOSI

The new Ferrari management immediately contacted Kimi Räikkönen & Vettel - a strong message of confidence Today at 11:22

Ferrari's power shift is in full swing. Ferrari was forced to replace the new manager with Sergio Marchionne last weekend. Marchionne's assignments are now shared between Managing Director Louis Camilleri and John Elkann. Elkann is part of the Agnell family's managing the Fiat Group.

Team Manager Maurizio Arrivabene and technical director Mattia Binotto had been able to wipe Hockenheim's dust off her feet already when John Elkann-Louis Camilleri arrived at Maranello.

Sure, the two have known Ferrari practices for years now, but nevertheless, Elkann's owner- introduced Camilleri to the production lines of the factory. At the same time, he assured the journalist of La Gazzetta dello Sport that Camilleri was not just the CEO of the transitional period.

Elkann also confirmed that he had already called Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Räikkönen. He conveyed absolute confidence and 100% support to both drivers. At the same time, however, he recalled that winning the championship is Ferrari's only goal.

The second is just the first loser, Elkann reiterated Enzo Ferrari's aforism.

For Marchionne, it must be calculated that, in his era, Ferrari raised F1 engine power alongside Mercedes - and now it is over. Now Elkann and Camiller are responsible for getting that benefit in GP results as well.

On the sidelines, Marchionne visions Ferrari with both the road masseur and the electric supercar. Both development work continues uninterruptedly

https://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201807242201092629_fo.shtml

Debriefing in Maranello yesterday - here the summary:

Yesterday, Elkann (new chairman of Ferrari) and Camilleri (CEO of Ferrari) had their first official day in Maranello.

Elkann met Maurizio Arrivabene and Mattia Binotto, and made contact with the various departments of the Ferrari Gestione Sportiva, accompanied by Piero Ferrari.

Elkann: "I'm sure all of you, just like those who anticipated me in the role of Ferrari president, are not interested in getting second in the F1 championship. The factories are made by machines, but above all by men. It is the people who make Ferrari special. This company has the potential to move forward, to face new challenges and to achieve other victories. Let's go forward in the sign of continuity"

In Maranello they didn‘t like Sebastian Vettel‘s mistake in Hockenheim but they already have forgiven him. Elkann and Camilleri have spoken in a conference call with Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen. In particular, both Elkann and Camilleri insisted that they continue "to fight for every single point" and renewed their trust to their 4-time F1 champion Vettel.

Both Elkann and Camilleri want to show that they are going into the same direction of Marchionne: Camilleri decided to settle in the office that had been Luca di Montezemolo, leaving what was Sergio's free.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-elkann-e-camilleri-a-maranello-per-rilanciare-le-ambizioni-mondiali/3146955/

Sergio Marchionne’s health has been a cause of concern in the F1 fraternity, ever since the news broke out a few days back of Marchionne stepping down as Ferrari boss due to health issues.

Official reports suggested that Marchionne had stepped down because of a shoulder operation.

However, recent developments suggest that the shoulder operation wasn’t the normal one that one would expect.

A disease emanating from the prostate had spread in a devastating manner and thus the operation had to be carried out quickly, reported Affaritaliani.it.

“Instead of a simple shoulder operation, it was more complex and required complex clinical procedure. An invasive disease emanating from the prostate had already spread in a devastating manner, but only discovered a short time ago.”

https://thesportsrush.com/sergio-marchionne-in-deep-coma-condition-reportedly-irreversible/

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 24, 2018

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

The new Ferrari management immediately contacted Kimi Räikkönen & Vettel - a strong message of confidence Today at 11:22

Ferrari's power shift is in full swing. Ferrari was forced to replace the new manager with Sergio Marchionne last weekend. Marchionne's assignments are now shared between Managing Director Louis Camilleri and John Elkann. Elkann is part of the Agnell family's managing the Fiat Group.

Team Manager Maurizio Arrivabene and technical director Mattia Binotto had been able to wipe Hockenheim's dust off her feet already when John Elkann-Louis Camilleri arrived at Maranello.

Sure, the two have known Ferrari practices for years now, but nevertheless, Elkann's owner- introduced Camilleri to the production lines of the factory. At the same time, he assured the journalist of La Gazzetta dello Sport that Camilleri was not just the CEO of the transitional period.

Elkann also confirmed that he had already called Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Räikkönen. He conveyed absolute confidence and 100% support to both drivers. At the same time, however, he recalled that winning the championship is Ferrari's only goal.

The second is just the first loser, Elkann reiterated Enzo Ferrari's aforism.

For Marchionne, it must be calculated that, in his era, Ferrari raised F1 engine power alongside Mercedes - and now it is over. Now Elkann and Camiller are responsible for getting that benefit in GP results as well.

On the sidelines, Marchionne visions Ferrari with both the road masseur and the electric supercar. Both development work continues uninterruptedly

https://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/201807242201092629_fo.shtml

Debriefing in Maranello yesterday - here the summary:

Yesterday, Elkann (new chairman of Ferrari) and Camilleri (CEO of Ferrari) had their first official day in Maranello.

Elkann met Maurizio Arrivabene and Mattia Binotto, and made contact with the various departments of the Ferrari Gestione Sportiva, accompanied by Piero Ferrari.

Elkann: "I'm sure all of you, just like those who anticipated me in the role of Ferrari president, are not interested in getting second in the F1 championship. The factories are made by machines, but above all by men. It is the people who make Ferrari special. This company has the potential to move forward, to face new challenges and to achieve other victories. Let's go forward in the sign of continuity"

In Maranello they didn‘t like Sebastian Vettel‘s mistake in Hockenheim but they already have forgiven him. Elkann and Camilleri have spoken in a conference call with Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen. In particular, both Elkann and Camilleri insisted that they continue "to fight for every single point" and renewed their trust to their 4-time F1 champion Vettel.

Both Elkann and Camilleri want to show that they are going into the same direction of Marchionne: Camilleri decided to settle in the office that had been Luca di Montezemolo, leaving what was Sergio's free.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-elkann-e-camilleri-a-maranello-per-rilanciare-le-ambizioni-mondiali/3146955/

Sergio Marchionne’s health has been a cause of concern in the F1 fraternity, ever since the news broke out a few days back of Marchionne stepping down as Ferrari boss due to health issues.

Official reports suggested that Marchionne had stepped down because of a shoulder operation.

However, recent developments suggest that the shoulder operation wasn’t the normal one that one would expect.

A disease emanating from the prostate had spread in a devastating manner and thus the operation had to be carried out quickly, reported Affaritaliani.it.

“Instead of a simple shoulder operation, it was more complex and required complex clinical procedure. An invasive disease emanating from the prostate had already spread in a devastating manner, but only discovered a short time ago.”

https://thesportsrush.com/sergio-marchionne-in-deep-coma-condition-reportedly-irreversible/

:qq: CEO who is a no longer the CEO who put a loving cigarette marketing dude as the principal of the F1 team :wtc: :qq:

Bring back Luca for gently caress's sake. This is his 'Steve Jobs ~2001' moment. Rescue this laughing stock of a team by installing Charles LeClerc as the #1 driver and have the Old Man smile from Space once again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My head canon has Matty Matheson as Lance Stroll's personal chef.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

I don't know about all of you, but I am happy to put my full trust and support behind Curly Haired Teen and Derpy Old Man, who I'm sure are prepared to take charge of the great Scuderia Ferrari and lead us to new heights.

LOL

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CratSock posted:

I don't know about all of you, but I am happy to put my full trust and support behind Curly Haired Teen and Derpy Old Man, who I'm sure are prepared to take charge of the great Scuderia Ferrari and lead us to new heights.

LOL

Please be respectful of Piero Ferrari Lardi

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please be respectful of Piero Ferrari Lardi

Why does it look like his eyes are getting pulled into his ear holes

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

I dont know, maybe try turning your monitor on?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

GramCracker posted:

Wind tunnel accident.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hey who knew, selling death sticks gets you into Ferrari for life

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Elkann met Maurizio Arrivabene and Mattia Binotto

lol, Ferrari is employing a guy called "Binotto". No loving wonder they're in the bin.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Squidsy, time to become a real F1 driver http://details.maauctions.com/AutolistingYYC_Detail?Link=24/7/2018%5E34f2ec7b6a2b4e889bbe36c5e6f7a760

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Schlesische posted:

lol, Ferrari is employing a guy called "Binotto". No loving wonder they're in the bin.

:downsrim:

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

You should do the Official Scuderia Ferrari Presents: Liberty´s Formula One. Only Scud Posters can post itt #ForzaFerrari

They already have one for Scud Posters. It's called the Gas Chamber.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont understand

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

My first thought as well, and then my second thought....

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Frond posted:

Exactly. Sure there's no maximum length specified for the car, but given how far back in the chassis the drivers sit now, any hypothetical car with a V12 would likely be pushing 20 feet in length and would almost certainly be in breach of several other sizing rules.

Holy poo poo, let's start a GoFundMe for 1500, boys! To hell with his new chassis, he can slap his existing engine in there with minimal hairy rig welder intervention.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Still miss that show

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pook Good Mook posted:

Aren't they always at a disadvantage so long as refueling isn't allowed? Hell even if they allow refueling there's probably still a disadvantage because of pit time.

I’d say so. They have good balance and big power potential but they are very heavy.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Are you all ready for force stroll india

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OhsH posted:

Are you all ready for force stroll india

Can you imagine being Perez or Ocon right now? Best case scenario would be Stroll is your new boss and you have to be nice to him. gently caress. Worst case scenario is you're fired and loving Lance Stroll takes your F1 seat because money. Super gently caress.

I would be so loving drunk right now if I was them.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Isn’t Ocon gonna jump ship to Renault?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lmao SA poster drgitlin trolling us all.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/07/formula-1-cars-are-about-to-go-through-a-big-change-but-is-it-good/

quote:

To start, we can keep the existing powertrains if they make the engine manufacturers happy, but I can't be the only one who thinks the sport would be better off ditching the turbos and going back to high-revving, naturally aspirated engines—let's say 2.5L in capacity, either V10s or V12s.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Instead of v12s just have them put two v6s in

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
W16: the future of F1

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This will prove disastrous when Honda accidentally installs one bank of cylinders upside down, and it turns out their engine would fit perfectly into the McLaren chassis, which is oddly shaped because their wind tunnel tests have come down to blowing glitter at the car and taking pictures with an old Polaroid.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
gently caress it just go full electric but allow motor and battery to be completely open, no spec anything. Then at least they can claim some environmental and road relevance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Put electric motors on all the wheels but instead of a battery you have... wait for it... a V12 generator