Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

im buying a new air conditioner system for the house

every time we discussed it i couldnt help but thinking of that old rear end 90s sears commercial

You'll call now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I think I owe a lot of my environmental consciousness to that movie :fucktrump:. Was one of the few movies that made me cry as a child. That and homeward bound.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought four-ply bougie toilet paper because the corner store was out of the regular plebeian three-ply paper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

bougie toilet paper

It's called Kleenex.

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought four-ply bougie toilet paper because the corner store was out of the regular plebeian three-ply paper.

Holy poo poo, what kind of paradise do you live in?

Normal bog roll is two ply around these parts. If I got my hands on some of your four-ply luxury wipe I reckon I'd be using it one sheet at a time.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I buy that tough one ply Scott Tissue, because it's the only one strong enough.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randyslawterhouse posted:

Holy poo poo, what kind of paradise do you live in?

The country with the largest consumption per capita of paper goods in the world.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Nintendo New 3DS XL
3DS charging wire and USB adapter thing
Ocarina of Time 3DS
Mega Man Legacy Collection (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
3DS Legend of Zelda case

tldr I decided that I didn't want to spend so much on a Switch when it only had a Zelda game, so I spent it on a system that I bought mostly for a Zelda game (and others that were cheap)

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

The country with the largest consumption per capita of paper goods in the world.

and, presumably, cleanest fingernails.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randyslawterhouse posted:

and, presumably, cleanest fingernails.

:confused:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah bill isn't so cute now that a large portion of the country has risen up to reveal themselves as fellow inbred, ignorant racist piece of poo poo humans eh? That kind of poo poo needs to be put to sleep forever.

Anyways, I just got the Gunvolt Striker Pack on my 3ds. It's no Mega Man Zero but it's growing on me. Better than any actual Mega Man title released in the last few years....

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

mfcrocker posted:

Things seem to have gotten quite a lot better since we started bringing it up a lot soooo, na.

I bought this recently! It was a really good primer, if a lot to take in!

On a related note, got the digital version of this:

It's an autobiography about the AIDS crisis (published posthumously), that has loving ridiculous artwork:

MisterBibs posted:

tldr I decided that I didn't want to spend so much on a Switch when it only had a Zelda game, so I spent it on a system that I bought mostly for a Zelda game (and others that were cheap)

Trying to make that decision too, mobile Stardew Valley is tempting as well but sub 3 hours of battery life really isn't...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

KingSlime posted:

Yeah bill isn't so cute now that a large portion of the country has risen up to reveal themselves as fellow inbred, ignorant racist piece of poo poo humans eh? That kind of poo poo needs to be put to sleep forever.

I wouldn't be too hasty. Bill still might be cute. He should post a selfie. I like selfies.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I really want to buy the new Zelda but I have a rule about buying new games or paying more than $25 for any game so I bought The switcher 3 instead :v:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought tickets to see Dave Chappelle. It should be fun and without issue considering the follow notice when purchasing tickets.

quote:

Four (4) Ticket Limit per household, customer, credit card number, phone number or email address.

This is a strict NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED show. Please leave your phones in your cars or at home. Anyone who brings a cell phone will be required to place it in a locked pouch. Everyone is subject to a pat down and wanding. Anyone caught with a cell phone inside the venue will be immediately ejected.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Pick posted:

A real cel of Hexxus from Ferngully.

That is awesome.

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012
Went to a beer festival this last weekend and picked up (among other things) a six pack of Abita...

... which I was pretty excited about as it's almost impossible to get over here.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

KingSlime posted:

2EDGY4ME

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bruxism posted:

That is awesome.

Thanks, there's still one left on eBay if someone wants one.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Easily the most i've spent just to play one game, but prices on used Wii U's aren't much cheaper, and Mario Kart 8 is less than 2 months away.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ughhh i'm really fighting the compulsion to go out and hunt for a switch

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

KingSlime posted:

ughhh i'm really fighting the compulsion to go out and hunt for a switch
It can't even maintain 30fps on Zelda when docked because 900p is too taxing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I only want it for the gameboy mode because yeah it looks like a completely disappointing console experience.

As a portable it looks to be the best one yet

What a time to be alive

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Josh Lyman posted:

It can't even maintain 30fps on Zelda when docked because 900p is too taxing.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

George H.W. oval office posted:

I bought tickets to see Dave Chappelle. It should be fun and without issue considering the follow notice when purchasing tickets.

I like Chappelle but gently caress that. If you can't deal with unpredictability, maybe you're not really meant to be a public performer.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

FishBulb posted:

On one hand, I agree that FPS bitching can be annoying but on the other hand the game is REALLY choppy and for some people that makes it physically hard to play for extended periods of time. I am the same with low FOV, which sucks when games don't accommodate it. I'm holding out hope that they'll patch the performance somehow.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Trabant posted:

I like Chappelle but gently caress that. If you can't deal with unpredictability, maybe you're not really meant to be a public performer.

He talked about not liking the notoriety of it a lot right from his early stand up. If that's what gets him ok with being back on the road again, I'm cool with it. They had a similar rule at a Justin Timberlake show I went to a decade ago and camera phones were dog poo poo then.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Lego Ideas Yellow Submarine, because it was my favorite movie as a kid and I couldn't resist the combination of two things I love.

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009

Awesome! I'm a huge David Wojnarowicz fan. His art book - Fever: The Art of David Wojnarowicz - is total worth grabbing a used copy of. I'd heard about his comic before, but never read it. This was a good reminder to go grab a copy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Thread really delivered today.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

FishBulb posted:

It's 2017 how can we not have even 30fps. Not a huge deal but still, 2017.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

mfcrocker posted:

Things seem to have gotten quite a lot better since we started bringing it up a lot soooo, na.

I think bill is kind of funny, mostly because people have no self control and can't help but spend 3 pages angerposting at him, but this was easily the best response to that troll possible.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Trabant posted:

Are you talking about his policy of banning mobile devices during his show? I'm all for not letting retards wreck a show with beeps, trills, and holding that poo poo up to take a selfie or whatever. I was at a show where you placed your phone in a pouch which they gave to you to hold if you were dumb enough to bring it. You just get the pouch unlocked not he way out.

I hope this trend continues.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

flosofl posted:

Are you talking about his policy of banning mobile devices during his show? I'm all for not letting retards wreck a show with beeps, trills, and holding that poo poo up to take a selfie or whatever. I was at a show where you placed your phone in a pouch which they gave to you to hold if you were dumb enough to bring it. You just get the pouch unlocked not he way out.

Having just left a concert where every idiot was filming the show above their head, I wholeheartedly agree.

Also, particularly for comedy shows, since once you've seen a joke once it loses a lot of its appeal.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

We need that Black Mirror eye camera tech so the whole holding up a device/recording thing goes away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flosofl posted:

But then don't you just have a pouch making noise you can't stop if you need to if some idiot doesn't mute or turn it off?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I imagine you're required to turn it off before putting it in the pouch

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

But then don't you just have a pouch making noise you can't stop if you need to if some idiot doesn't mute or turn it off?

The pouch acts as a mini-faraday cage. There's no signal of any source getting to the phone. It's also fairly thick material, so I imagine any alarms or alerts (like from a calendar app) would be pretty muted. I didn't hear anything at the show I was at.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Mar 4, 2017

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

FishBulb posted:

This but unironically. Choppy animations ruin games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played Zelda on the switch for like 6 hours straight yesterday, and didn't notice the FPS drop a single time. Granted, I'm not a stickler for stuff like that, but seriously, I didn't notice it once.

(It's already a contender for best video game I've ever played. Get it. Trust me.)