Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
6 mins until re8 showcase, get ready we are about to see all the reveals and the new logo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/re_games/status/1352368508831629313?s=21

Resident Evil 8: Village showcase starting in a few moments

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"The striking figure of Chris Redfield" is the new "Aiden Pearce's iconic cap"

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Out May 21 on next-gen *and* current-gen consoles. PS4/Xbox One versions will upgrade to the PS5/Series versions for free.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
DEMO TODAY HAHAHAHA YESSSSSSS PS5555555

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The vampire amazoness will now hunt you across games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ubisoft in wha... why are you here

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this mp game looks like poo poo lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lmfao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is this host the sexy witch from the game? I'm confused.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nothing about VR support, lame

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haveblue posted:

Nothing about VR support, lame

the ps4 version is probably 30fps and sony wont let them use vr on the ps5 version for the ps4vr so... :shrug:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
i just cannot get over how incredible it looks, the Resident Evil engine is sorcery

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

loving zombies with swords was actually true :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah RE8 looks fuckin amazing. Looks like it's basically RE7 in a setting that evokes RE4. And it's out in May! I was prepared for a delay into later this year. Wonderful news all around

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I legitimately need to start hunting for a PS5...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

Out May 21 on next-gen *and* current-gen consoles. PS4/Xbox One versions will upgrade to the PS5/Series versions for free.

Yes

YESSSSSS

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I legitimately need to start hunting for a PS5...
Don't do it (yet). I tried on like 3 different sites today and struck out lol

I'm glad RE8 is coming to PS4 so I can play it because I may not have a PS5 by May.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

acksplode posted:

Yeah RE8 looks fuckin amazing. Looks like it's basically RE7 in a setting that evokes RE4. And it's out in May! I was prepared for a delay into later this year. Wonderful news all around

the capcom internal ransomware leak had the date set for january until covid happened, and the old gen versions for april

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 21, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

psn is down, lmao, the hype is real

gimme that loving demo capcom

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

how the hell do you download a demo on ps5

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I want to believe

Also the resi engine is godly, I have a lot of confidence it’ll run well on PS4

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I want to believe

Also the resi engine is godly, I have a lot of confidence it’ll run well on PS4

yeah it will, will still look great too. my old rear end pc ran 7 at 60fps and that looked killer. i think 8 on ps4 will be 30fps probably, would be why they havent annouced psvr support.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chicago bulls trophies laid out on a table but it’s ReMake 1, 2,3, Resi4, Resi7 and Resi8

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IIRC 7 on PS4 also runs at 30fps, and the VR mode reduces detail to achieve 60. So that's not necessarily disqualifying

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/re_games/status/1352368508831629313?s=21

Resident Evil 8: Village showcase starting in a few moments

why is jeff lebowski in my resident evil?

sorry, as is often the case in goondom... i must take a moral stance against this game featuring large breasted women :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

IIRC 7 on PS4 also runs at 30fps, and the VR mode reduces detail to achieve 60. So that's not necessarily disqualifying

It’s 60 on all PS4 systems.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haveblue posted:

7 on ps4 is 60.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

It’s a solid 60 for both, but the VR mode drops a lot of effects like volume lights and particles.

e: wow that was fast lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
OK, I've never actually run it outside of VR lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

It’s 60 on all PS4 systems.

Capcom MagicTM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

“Where did my clothes go????” is literally one of the first lines in the game

sigh

fuckin anime

you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Capcom MagicTM

Their engine is absolutely embarrassing first party studios. The new Monster Hunter game on switch is maybe the best looking game on the platform.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

demo is up, im downloading it now. its called maiden rather than resident evil

edit: lol of course it lists in my game library as re8. classic sony.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 22, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Capcom really rebounded hardcore from the Gen 7 troubles. The later incarnations of MT Framework and RE Engine are both some fantastic tech

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i never remember how these are numbered

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

The new Monster Hunter game on switch is maybe the best looking game on the platform.

just looked through a list of upcoming 2021 games and monster hunter is the only day 1 purchase for me in 2021

No idea if anyone is following a game called Riders Republic but it also looks cool

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

just looked through a list of upcoming 2021 games and monster hunter is the only day 1 purchase for me in 2021

No idea if anyone is following a game called Riders Republic but it also looks cool

it's STEEP with more modes of sporting. and it's looks like it's inheriting some of THE CREW 2's DNA as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RE8 looks amazing but I was really hoping for VR support.

Still a day 1 buy though. I hope it's a bit longer than the last few entries.