Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sloppity Bilepiper is going to piss off the exact sort of people in the WamHam fanbase who deserve it because that's a loving amazing name. I can't stop saying it allowed.

Sloppity Bilepiper. Sloppity Bilepiper. Sloppity Bilepiper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I will never forgive GW for the Bloodsecrator, but I really want a sloppity boy with my army now. Look at his stupid little Dancing with the Stars act he's putting on with his Nurgling!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Uroboros posted:

Would you recommend the gloss shade for gold emblems like the chest Aquila?

Not really, since everything gets matted down by the varnish as it is you're better off using ardcoat to gloss them back up.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

SteelMentor posted:

New Nurgle herald types.

Spoilpox Scrivener buffs the gently caress out of your Plaguebearers by screaming insults at them.

And the Sloppity Bilepiper, which is one hell of a name.

That Julie Andrews in Sound of Music nurgling on the Sloppity Bilepiper is the best :kimchi:. Dare I say, better than the sassy nurgling? Oh, I dare. :colbert:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

That Julie Andrews in Sound of Music nurgling on the Sloppity Bilepiper is the best :kimchi:. Dare I say, better than the sassy nurgling? Oh, I dare. :colbert:
Please do not insult Panascope like that.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Guys that one Daemon’s shoulder is a mouth for shouting at people with.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey so if I'm fielding multiple Aspect warriors of the same type is it kosher, lore wise, to have an exarch in each one? Asking for a friend Dire Avenger.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Excuse me, Sloppily is an old family name where I come from. :colbert:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

DiHK posted:

Hey so if I'm fielding multiple Aspect warriors of the same type is it kosher, lore wise, to have an exarch in each one? Asking for a friend Dire Avenger.

My gut feeling says no, that there’s one Exarch in each craftworld’s shrine. I don’t know much about Eldar lore though.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Each shrine will have an Exarch and there may be multiple shrines on each Craftworld. Biel-tan especially has a lot of shrines.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
I've posted my Squat army here in bits and pieces, and I finally placed a few orders to round it out to an even 100 Power of Grey Knights with a few Imperial allies. I'm currently looking for bits to finish all the conversions.

I need about 6-8 Grey Knight storm bolters, 2 psycannons (and/or psilencers), 2 heavy psycannons (from the Dreadknight or vehicles), and a Dreadknight nemesis daemon hammer. Can anyone help? Happy to purchase or trade for them!

Here's a few pictures of the current models in the army:

And here's the current WIP Strike Squad. Between the Space Marine pack, power sword, storm bolter, krak grenades and psyk-out grenades, I hope it's pretty clear to opponents what they're facing.

Sergeants get ornate power weapons and heads with exposed beards (from the Ironbreakers kit) to show their seniority. This guy still needs a storm bolter on his wrist and a backpack, pending bits trades or orders.

Wish I had another thunder hammer like this, since I love the look. Still needs a storm bolter.

The special weapon troopers have experimental guns (both with psycannon barrels for WYSIWYG) and backpacks from Heresy Marines.

As I think was shared in my last post, this is my next (last?) major conversion for the army - the Narrative Forge. It'll play as an HQ Dreadknight and be based off a Leviathan Dreadnought. The kits to convert it are in the mail, so I just need the weapons listed earlier!

Again for reference I'm looking for 6-8 Grey Knight storm bolters, 2 psycannons (and/or psilencers), 2 heavy psycannons (from the Dreadknight or vehicles), and a Dreadknight nemesis daemon hammer. If you're willing to sell or trade, shoot me a PM or email at p.h.dolan at gmail. Thanks, goons!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

gently caress I love that army. Great work.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Boon posted:

Each shrine will have an Exarch and there may be multiple shrines on each Craftworld. Biel-tan especially has a lot of shrines.

This.

In Path of the Warrior, there are several Alai-Toc Striking Scorpion shrines, each with an exarch and a minimum of 4 warriors/pupils. Lore-wise, the expectation would be that if you field multiple squads of a given aspect that they all be different shrines with their own exarch and slightly different paint scheme or sigil. I differentiate Dire Avengers by their helmet manes mostly, though the 7E craftworld codex has some cool examples of how to do alternate schemes.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

VanSandman posted:

Guys that one Daemon’s shoulder is a mouth for shouting at people with.
I think you will find it's not his shoulder, but rather his elongated proboscis wrapped around his body and emerging over his shoulder Sousaphone style. I've criticized a lot of GW's art style over the last couple of years, but they're consistently knocking this Nurgle poo poo out of the park.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Yup, owns bones. Can't wait to see the finished product, so hopefully a kind goon can help you out!

Ilor posted:

I think you will find it's not his shoulder, but rather his elongated proboscis wrapped around his body and emerging over his shoulder Sousaphone style.

By George, he's right! Papa Nurgle truly knows how to bless.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Corrode posted:

post what you painted this week itt

My little crab-lad

I was able to use him in a small game against some Necrons earlier this week. I ended up having to ram him into multiple squads to tie up their shooting so I wasn't able to see him at his full potential, but he still did his job of loving poo poo up.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Going by this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pkbh6pUGac

Nurgle daemons canonically all have West Country accents. This is entirely fitting for a bunch of gardeners and farmers. Ooo-arr.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Ilor posted:

Nurgle poo poo

Insert emoji poo version of :getin: here

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Sloppity Bilepiper is the best stupid name ever, this I can handle.

They need to release a pack of just random nurglings they made up, so I can buy them and give all my guys fancy little dudes

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

"Hey little mama lemme whisper in ya ear"

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sloppity Bilepiper makes sense when you consider the UK calls a gun a rooty tooty point n shooty

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are all the Land Raider boxes the same kit inside? I know my FLGS has Land Raider Crusader boxes but can that box build any variant? Related, which variant is the current "best" or at least most versatile?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if it were the old school kit, im pretty sure you could make a normal land raider, since the crusader bits were all pewter. but the new crusader kit allows you to make a crusader or a redeemer only

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

AnEdgelord posted:

"Hey little mama lemme whisper in ya ear"

Ay wych, wait til ya see my cyst.
Wait til ya see my cyst.
Ay wych, wait til ya see my cyst.
Imma beat that pus up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SteelMentor posted:

New Nurgle herald types.

Spoilpox Scrivener buffs the gently caress out of your Plaguebearers by screaming insults at them.

I imagine that it sounds something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SteelMentor posted:

New Nurgle herald types.

And the Sloppity Bilepiper, which is one hell of a name.

Rules so hard.

Infinite love for Nurgle over here. They better have lots of good things coming for Khorne and Slaanesh too.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Khorne and Tzeentch got a ton of stuff recently so i expect Slaanesh. Depends on how they wanna go forward with them in age of sigmar i guess since they are MIA.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

Rules so hard.

Infinite love for Nurgle over here. They better have lots of good things coming for Khorne and Slaanesh too.

Slaanesh owns and though I feel Khorne is a bit limited in terms of model aesthetics (aka getting away from burly armored dudes or burly less armored daemons) i'm excited to see if they come up with anything cool.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Corrode posted:

post what you painted this week itt

A bit stompy chair with a guy in it. Apologies for the potato picture, my phone is literally a potato.

e: I didn't put the big spindly torches on it because I've been doing this long enough to know that I'll snap those right off the first time I try to go anywhere with him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Khorne and Tzeentch got a ton of stuff recently so i expect Slaanesh. Depends on how they wanna go forward with them in age of sigmar i guess since they are MIA.

Khorne got lots of warriors of chaos stuff in AoS but did they really add much to chaos marines or even daemons in 40k at all recently? Nothing comes to mind, but IDK

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Zaphod42 posted:

Khorne got lots of warriors of chaos stuff in AoS but did they really add much to chaos marines or even daemons in 40k at all recently? Nothing comes to mind, but IDK

They got Kharn I guess?

They did get the bloodthirsters/Other angrier bloodthirster.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I was looking at daemons since i assumed all this nurgle stuff was daemons. My mistake.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Black_Nexus posted:

They got Kharn I guess?

They did get the bloodthirsters/Other angrier bloodthirster.

They got the Khorne Daemonkin book in 7th who had some interesting special rules that involved summoning daemons by killing enemy units. It was an interesting book but clearly written before GW switched gears to making the aligned traitor legions the poster childs for their respective god. I was interested in making them my first army until I found out how bad 7th edition was.

Its a shame the Blood Tithe rules don't exist anymore but they would be an easy include for a hypothetical World Eaters book.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Tyrannofex get

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

I was looking at daemons since i assumed all this nurgle stuff was daemons. My mistake.

Nah daemons are cool too, but like, were there any new Khorne daemons recently?

New bloodthirster model is cool but that's the only one I can think of.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Guys, I was marooned in rural Pennsylvania the last 4 days, and have had a lot of catching up to do in this thread. Pennsylvania is great for ham, but not so great for hams, if you know what I mean.

Beastmen guard are loving rad.

Boon is gonna gently caress up everyone's poo poo at Adepticon (sorry, JD, maybe git gud?).

BuffaloChicken has the best armies. I have one psycannon fram a GK termie sprue. You want it?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if it were the old school kit, im pretty sure you could make a normal land raider, since the crusader bits were all pewter. but the new crusader kit allows you to make a crusader or a redeemer only

Yeah to be specific, the hull of the Raider is the same in both, but there's a separate weapons sprue for either the Crusader/Redeemer or the regular LR. If for some reason you had the opposite one you just need the alternative weapons sprue to change them.

Science Rocket posted:

My little crab-lad

I was able to use him in a small game against some Necrons earlier this week. I ended up having to ram him into multiple squads to tie up their shooting so I wasn't able to see him at his full potential, but he still did his job of loving poo poo up.

Soviet Commubot posted:

A bit stompy chair with a guy in it. Apologies for the potato picture, my phone is literally a potato.

e: I didn't put the big spindly torches on it because I've been doing this long enough to know that I'll snap those right off the first time I try to go anywhere with him.

Deified Data posted:

Tyrannofex get

Great work guys. Nice hams variety.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I ship OhGodNo's Beastman Guard and BuffaloChicken's Power Squats.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Termagant box claims to come with one Ripper Swarm, but would anybody call foul if I just got another base and split up the Rippers to make two swarms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Termagant box claims to come with one Ripper Swarm, but would anybody call foul if I just got another base and split up the Rippers to make two swarms?

I think four models is probably minimum, three looks a bit too sparse. I guess you could bulk the base with some scenery. I wouldn’t mind if you fielded it, but you yourself might be underwhelmed by the look.