Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I HATE CARS posted:

http://tinyurl.com/lqoa2w

Wow, you're both hilarious and original!

I personally don't mind looking at that Viper again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

SmartPowders posted:

I post on roughly 50 different boards a day. If the search function worked on this site, I'd post here more. I have zero interest in searching countless threads to figure out where I could help out the most. I simply don't have the time for it. The irony of a site that wants you to pay to join, has a huge customer base, but can't get a simple search function to work is funny. I have a ton of customers that post here, but there is simply too much content to sift through it all.

Just post in this thread as new questions come up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947726

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

SmartPowders posted:

I post on roughly 50 different boards a day. If the search function worked on this site, I'd post here more. I have zero interest in searching countless threads to figure out where I could help out the most. I simply don't have the time for it. The irony of a site that wants you to pay to join, has a huge customer base, but can't get a simple search function to work is funny. I have a ton of customers that post here, but there is simply too much content to sift through it all.

The Post History button will show you everything you've ever posted.

----------------V

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

SmartPowders posted:

98 Twin Turbo GTS
76's/TH400/510"
Lots of power

An automatic? Pfft, why not try a man's transmission?

Captain Crabsticks
Feb 17, 2007
2002 mazda 626 lx v6

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

tinted tails (& corners, but not in that pic)
zex 75 shot wet kit w/ purge, elec. opener, heater, pressure g. and an AF/R g.
k & n drop-in
kl-ze cams
mtx thunder 7402 amp with two xplod 12's in a custom dumb stupid box, maple and walnut, sealed and divided

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

2 900 watt amps in the same box back when my legacy wasnt broke.
i had an 18 and two 10's in the mazda when i first got it but it sucked for anything but showing off. it hit too low for 90% of songs. when i find my phone cable i'll put a pic up. it filled the ENTIRE trunk to within an inch

also: my 91 legacy, currently garaged after i blew the THIRD 4eat. it's getting a junkyard ghetto 5mt swap when i scrape some money together

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Captain Crabsticks fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 21, 2009

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

SmartPowders posted:

Couldn't remember and the search function doesn't work

Looks like it works for me. You're post history

And All the images you have posted in this thread.

efb.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 21, 2009

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas

RealKyleH posted:

Undoubtedly awesome car but you know you posted this a few months ago, right?

I don't know or care if he did, that thing is awesome and I'd be happy to see it posted on every page to break things up a bit.

Here's my ride. Just put new wheels on it because one of the factory wheels CRACKED, without provocation. 2004 MB E55 w/E63 replica wheels, because I'm not paying $2000++ for used take-offs.

Gratuitous engine shot:

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Meathole posted:

Gratuitous engine shot:

Have you ever tried to make waffles on that supercharger?

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

I HATE CARS posted:

http://tinyurl.com/lqoa2w

even easier if you just click the post history link next to any of your posts...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=results&requestid=3050646

Doh! I missed the last (whole page) of the same thing i posted!

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007

_firehawk posted:

Have you ever tried to make waffles on that supercharger?

Not yet, but as hot as that thing gets I have no doubt I could.

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
E55's are killer cars. Very mod friendly

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Switched cars, now any cell phone conversation I have on my way home from work usually just consists of "What?" "Huh?" "Wait, what did you say?"

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Meet the Shark after a month of ownership, $1,500 in bits and littles, and a fresh claybar/wax/polish.

Rustless 1987 BMW 635 CSI, cinoberrot on black, L-options, 97,000 actual miles, 5 Speed.

Upcoming:
Front Struts
Fresh coat o'rot and de-dinging
New dash top
Maybe an '89 bumper conversion

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
Since everyone busted my balls on posting the viper again, decided I'd post a few of the others.

1963 Dodge 880 9 Passenger Station wagon, Dual AC's fully loaded, 413"

Dodge Avenger NHRA/IHRA Super Stocker 354" 900hp

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SmartPowders posted:

Since everyone busted my balls on posting the viper again, decided I'd post a few of the others.

Sup Mopar bro, that doorslammer is sick.

e- I just saw the Viper and got hard a lil, wtf man

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Dark-V posted:

Custom interior LED lighting
RX330 HID projector retrofit with 5000k HIDs

:commissar:

Why on earth would you put SUV HIDs in a car that I am pretty sure offered them as an option

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

SmartPowders posted:

Ahem, you certainly provided better details last time (and a bonus car). :smug:

SmartPowders on May 18, 2009 16:11 posted:

I haven't seen that car around. I'm actually in Burlington, NC, which is a podunk town. I've grown up about racing and cars my whole life. This is by far the nastiest thing I've ever owned. I'll race anything, including bikes from a roll. A dig is a different situation. I weigh 3800lbs, so I don't move worth a poo poo till the turbo's kick in. I ran the 1/8th the other night, on 17lbs of boost (can run 32) I went 6.32 at 123 on those Invo's you see on the car. When I run past time, I'm hoping to hit about a 9.60 or so on those Invo's. I'm not going to turn the boost up, just leave it around 17.

Here are a few others, I don't have pics loaded up for most:

63 dodge 9 passenger 880 station wagon. Has dual AC's, 2 gas tanks and a 413 with push button trans.

66 dodge A100 van. Everyone needs a Scooby Doo van. Slant 6 / 3 Speed and a ton of fun

NHRA/IHRA Super Stock avenger. In the middle of doing a new motor for it now. Also have a 67 Coronet Station wagon that is IHRA legal, being made into an NHRA car. Just bought a 70 challenger to build an NHRA/IHRA stocker from the ground up. Throwing a motor into a 72 duster we have to get it ready for IHRA this summer. I just sold a 59 dodge wagon on ebay, have a 71 440 demon going on end of week. Got a few other cars around, but I'm not one much for pictures.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Meet the Shark after a month of ownership, $1,500 in bits and littles, and a fresh claybar/wax/polish.

Rustless 1987 BMW 635 CSI, cinoberrot on black, L-options, 97,000 actual miles, 5 Speed.

Upcoming:
Front Struts
New dash top

Why do i not see "Buy some original basketweaves" because jesus christ those wheels are an affront to such an otherwise great car.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

Method Loser posted:

:commissar:

Why on earth would you put SUV HIDs in a car that I am pretty sure offered them as an option

HIDs were not offered as an option on Legacy GTs. The RX330 projectors were retrofitted into the Legacy headlight housings in order to do a proper light upgrade. It's a very popular retrofit procedure for a bunch of different cars.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007

SmartPowders posted:

E55's are killer cars. Very mod friendly

Thanks! There are a select few down in the 10's, and anything with a pulley/tune and a decent tire is in the 11's. It's the exact same principals as modding an 03/04 Cobra, just way more expensive.

I ran a 12.35 @ 114 on my third hotlap pass on a humid 85 degree day, with a 7.96 @ 89 1/8th mile. Bone stock, including tires, 1.82 60'. Race weight with me in it is somewhere around 4,400 to 4,500 pounds. I'll hit the 1/4 again in October/November when it's cold out and see if I can get a low low 12.

I bought it because it was 2006 GTO/100,000 mile C5 Vette money, has 4 doors, is nice and comfy, and will run right next to a C6 Vette until you have to go around a corner. The V12 TT cars are even nastier. An S65(even bigger and heavier than an E55) will walk away from the E.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

Upcoming:
Front Struts
New dash top

That is goddamn gorgeous....once you get some better wheels.

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Here's my car;
It's an S14 Silvia with RB30DET engine. Probably puts out around 250kw but haven't dyno'd it yet. Engine still being run-in, will have a final tune done in just over a month, looking for about 300kw which should be easy peasy.
Since these pics I've done a half assed paint job but need to go over it again properly but it looks a lot tidier. Also taken off all the stupid window stickers. Just slowly doing some prep work. Gonna be gloss black.

http://i27.tinypic.com/rwtap4.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/t0gvtu.jpg

Here it is with a bit of paint;

http://i30.tinypic.com/33nxnbb.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/kewy95.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 23, 2009

ryanstev
Jun 28, 2008
Here are my two cars.

My 1999 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK.

And my project car, which should be on the road this year, my 1979 Ford Fairmont XC. 302 Cleveland V8.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Crustashio posted:

Why do i not see "Buy some original basketweaves" because jesus christ those wheels are an affront to such an otherwise great car.

Yeah style 5's are on the list, but good goddamn they're expensive. Maybe knockoffs for a spell. I'm not keen on the Enkeis either.

ghost
Jul 23, 2002

Traded my '97 Jeep Wrangler for this. '09 Civic Si. :v:

kaws!
May 25, 2008

My lame Legacy that has now blown a second head gasket. Its special cause in Australia we only get Libertys (rebadged and a little different).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ryanstev posted:

And my project car, which should be on the road this year, my 1979 Ford Fairmont XC. 302 Cleveland V8.

Nice old Falcon there :)

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

ryanstev posted:

Post a thread, or in the ADM thread about it please!

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Upcoming:
Front Struts
New dash top

Throw a set of gold basket weaves on it and I would probably cut my own dick off to own that car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Loaded 96 cutlass supreme. I cant believe how well the paints held up for 13 years.

edit: its orange red metallic :rock:

Cage fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 15, 2013

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Cage posted:

Can we post non car enthusiast cars here?

It that a dent above the rear wheel?

..not to poo poo on your great looking car, that is.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Crowley posted:

It that a dent above the rear wheel?

..not to poo poo on your great looking car, that is.
Its not quite a dent, it just slightly goes inward at that point. Is there anything I can do about it?

edit: In the pic it looks like someone took a hammer to it but its very subtle in person, no marks of any kind so Im not sure what couldve caused it.

SG-83
Sep 6, 2004

I guess it's not just a dog thing!

Cage posted:

Its not quite a dent, it just slightly goes inward at that point. Is there anything I can do about it?

edit: In the pic it looks like someone took a hammer to it but its very subtle in person, no marks of any kind so Im not sure what couldve caused it.
My guess is an SUV/truck backed into it. It looks exactly like the dent on my Legacy that was made by a Suburban in a parking lot, except it's maybe 2" higher on your car.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Cage posted:

That's the very definition of a dent.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
I'm a Eurogoon and Oldsmobiles are rare and strange creatures over here. Can you get some more pictures of yours? Especially from the front, those headlights look rather nifty.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Crowley posted:

I'm a Eurogoon and Oldsmobiles are rare and strange creatures over here.

Edit: I thought you asked if they were rare in the US. My bad.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

renraku posted:

That's the very definition of a dent.
Haha, yeah. I wasnt sure how to say what i meant. Forget it.

Crowley posted:

I'm a Eurogoon and Oldsmobiles are rare and strange creatures over here. Can you get some more pictures of yours? Especially from the front, those headlights look rather nifty.

There are foglights on the very bottom too.

I didnt want to show you guys this one, Im sure you can figure out why. It was a kansas car and couldnt take the heat I guess.

And just because you said you never see an olds, heres the interior.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Cage posted:

:drat: That's sweet! Now I want one. :sigh:

Cage posted:

What does the third pedal do?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Crowley posted:

:drat: That's sweet! Now I want one. :sigh:

What does the third pedal do?
Haha, thats the ebrake, or parking brake. Its so awkward to hit. You really have to bend your knee to get at it. I hope I never have to use it in an emergency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Right. No Oldsmobile for me.

"Time to get into fifth ge* ARGH!"