Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

UI screenshots

Alternatively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mix
Jan 21, 2005

He's under a lot of stress alright?
Let the UI chat begin!

Full Screen:

Half Screen:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCw4_XgouA

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:coal:

Have fun in the new lands! It'll be more fun during the double xp weekend.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Time to do all elf tasks now, harr harr harr

Scrimsax
Nov 29, 2014
Hey guys, I'm only just starting to actually post and this seemed like a good place to start, since I just picked up RS for the first time in years. Looking forward to meeting the Goonscapers!

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Note to self, sell Barbarian Assault tickets more often

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Apparently raids are hitting late July (likely as a aftermath of the lovely world event, probably with tuska crashing in to the planet and her backportal leading to raids)

So yeah get ready boy toys

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Welcome to this year's edition of What's going to piss off someone in the clan who gets their max cape two weeks before a content launch?

Details of the "...We're not really doing 'Invention' anymore per se" developer blog linked above include:
  • New 'elite' skills up to level 120! (Archaeology, Necromancy, Sailing, and Invention?)
  • A new experience curve to 120, exclusive to said new skills!
  • No intended fixes to broken or useless old skills that desperately need overhauls!
  • Hints at possibly raising the level cap to 120 on ALL skills!
  • A three-month lockout on MTX items for 'elite' skills

Spergminer posted:

Sounds great except adding the new 120 skills to the max cape, just make a proper 1-99 skill you hacks

That and they can gently caress right off with the idea of raising level caps to 120 without fixing the curve on old skills too. It's already insane enough to get 99 in most skills, and you know drat well they wouldn't bother implementing better training methods for a LONG time so as to avoid pissing off the "purists" who got 120 capes before raising the caps.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 24, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Soulhunter posted:

Welcome to this year's edition of What's going to piss off someone in the clan who gets their max cape two weeks before a content launch?

Details of the "...We're not really doing 'Invention' anymore per se" developer blog linked above include:
  • New 'elite' skills up to level 120! (Archaeology, Necromancy, Sailing, and Invention?)
  • No intended fixes to broken or useless old skills that desperately need overhauls!

Sounds great except adding the new 120 skills to the max cape, just make a proper 1-99 skill you hacks

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Mining and Smithing are never getting reworked are they :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

Mining and Smithing are never getting reworked are they :(

Soulhunter posted:

[*]No intended fixes to broken or useless old skills that desperately need overhauls!

:dogbutton:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Soulhunter posted:

:catstare: :captainpop: :catstare:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

My favorite part of those two skills is that everything you make is functionally obsolete if you're leveling everything else at the same time.

Let's not fix that though, let's add even more skills to the game instead! That's what people want, right?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Great, even more lovely skills to overbloat the game with semi-useful dnd type content.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh boy no levelling slow down, so every level can be like going 98-99

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

Oh boy no levelling slow down, so every level can be like going 98-99

hell motherfucking yeah

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Finally! Now setting my sights on Ovls :-)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

Reyna will give you a mystery box when you bring eight buckets of sand to her, up to three times a day. With your first one, she'll also give you a beach party ticket. Keep hold of this – when the Lumbridge Crater Beach Party starts next week, you can exchange it for a goody bag!

You can get up to two boxes per day through daily challenges, and you can win more on Treasure Hunter.

Give 24 buckets of sand every day to the woman in Lumby Crater, get mystery boxes

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Personally, I think that Necromancy is a cool idea, beyond that, I will wait and see. No skill reworks does kinda suck though.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Read posted:

Finally! Now setting my sights on Ovls :-)

I will catchup

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Played a few hours of old school lately. It's oddly soothing to do the low-level, mundane quests.

Also HOLY poo poo is the OSRS community awful. If you mention RS3/the main game and don't say it sucks you'll hagve 20 nerds following you around being assholes lol.

My awful stats:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

SleepingPizza posted:

Also HOLY poo poo is the OSRS community awful.

Agreed :(

The economy is pretty messed up and getting worse with time too, the best example being wine making for cooking experience. It's the fastest way to get 99 cooking, and costs roughly 1gp/xp or less due to new drop tables having a stupid amount of noted grapes as a drop. Literally everything past level 35 cooking is invalidated as content/training methods, and the 99 is only 13m as a result. The skeletal wyvern drop table rework is pretty ridiculous too from what I hear, at one point it was like 600k+ per hour I think?

AFK training for melee at 70+ stats and magic from level 1 and up is convenient, but pretty game-breaking in its own way as well. Unfortunately fixing all of this wouldn't fix a bad community anyways, I'm just hoping for cross-game clan chat ASAP. (We had cross-game chat with FunOrb didn't we? Why is this taking so long?)

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am playing osrs now since my rs3 account got banned 2 years ago for hurting people's feelings. anyone want to play with me/report me? ign is bored games

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Free Headcrab posted:

I am playing osrs now since my rs3 account got banned 2 years ago for hurting people's feelings. anyone want to play with me/report me? ign is bored games

I wonder why you got banned. Usually you have to be a huuuuge piece of poo poo, a gold seller or a bot.

I have gotten muted for making fun of fat people though so who knows with :Jagex:

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

Spergminer posted:

hell motherfucking yeah

You're making GBS threads me. Now I actually have to play the drat game and max out again.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

How Rude posted:

I wonder why you got banned. Usually you have to be a huuuuge piece of poo poo, a gold seller or a bot.

I have gotten muted for making fun of fat people though so who knows with :Jagex:

I had a history of like 15 mutes where my account was hijacked in the years I wasn't playing. I got 1 more mute and then some mod did a manual perma ban on my account

There was no way to appeal it because they didn't give any evidence and they don't care about banned accounts

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Stacking up protean bars from the mystery boxes.

450 bars * 375 exp each * 1.06 Clan Avatar Skilling Boost * 1.20 Trahaearn Voice of Seren * 2.00 Enlightenment = 429300 free exp

Good event

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
wow i hate rs3 loving easyscape no effort for your levels stats mean nothing

brb 6 hours

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Spergminer posted:

hell motherfucking yeah

i cant even see the axises what the gently caress is this graph about

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Reoxygenation posted:

i cant even see the axises what the gently caress is this graph about

Moog
Sep 14, 2013
this summer event blows

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Hey this is Psilocybe here. Here is a picture of me capping last week at the citadel, Flex!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Latest Vis Wax FC thread: http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?75,76,111,65606348

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013
I haven't played this game in forever, easily a couple years before RS3 came out, yet I still have my old account, somewhere around 84 combat, is it worth it to try and jump into this again? And if so, where should I start?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

InsomniacTurtle posted:

I haven't played this game in forever, easily a couple years before RS3 came out, yet I still have my old account, somewhere around 84 combat, is it worth it to try and jump into this again? And if so, where should I start?

Look up the requirements for Plague's End (it's a slew of skills ranging from decent to Agility, and a bunch of quests) and work towards that. Completing it gives you access to a city geared towards high level players that is incredibly useful and convenient.

Additionally, look up Player Owned Ports and what skills unlock it (it's 90 in any one of a bunch of different skills, though the more 90s you have the more you'll get out of it) and get one of those. Runecrafting, despite being an awful skill, is one of the better 90s, imo. Cooking is probably the easiest. Ports has a series of adventurers that are associated with each 90, each of whom gives various rewards, the most important of which are resources you can assemble, with the appropriate skill, into extremely good armor. Runecrafting is nice because the adventurer associated with it will regularly help you get Chi Globes, which are fashioned into strong Magic gear, also using Runecrafting. No other armor is wrapped up entirely within one 90 the way magic gear is with Runecrafting. Of course, RC sucks horribly so YMMV

Moog
Sep 14, 2013

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Doing plague's end would be good, and I'd advise getting in before the end of the month so you can do the current world event and get a really good slayer skill. Other than that, you should probably only train CB by doing slayer now, since monster drops are more or less the only way people make money now.

InsomniacTurtle
Aug 8, 2013
Sounds good, my bank is pretty much empty, and I don't have any armor or weapons, I'm trying to do some "path" quest option thing, and I'm doing a quest where I have to kill these Crassian scout fucks, yet I keep getting railed by them because I guess they scale with level, and I have no gear. How should I go about getting a decent setup for my level? I have 70+ combat in all the melee skills.

Moog
Sep 14, 2013

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Sounds good, my bank is pretty much empty, and I don't have any armor or weapons, I'm trying to do some "path" quest option thing, and I'm doing a quest where I have to kill these Crassian scout fucks, yet I keep getting railed by them because I guess they scale with level, and I have no gear. How should I go about getting a decent setup for my level? I have 70+ combat in all the melee skills.

Dragon isn't super expensive any more, so if you've got a few mil you could go for that. Barrows sets are pretty cheap now too (and dharock's is great for training slayer if you use legacy) or if you can't afford that go for rockshell armor if you want to sacrifice a bit of defense for more attack, or good old traditional rune armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Getting pretty good in OSRS. Playing a bit of pest control, its weird not being super OP like I am in RS3