Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Schubalts posted:

Applied to Overflowtax as Schubalts. How do we change that text I see under people's names in the guild list?

It's the message of the day in the Lord menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
jesus jack requires a lot of genes for his 3rd skill

but even getting it up to level 3 has made him completely overshadow whoever my fifth was at the time, i think it was kai, dude hits like a truck

its there a good zone somewhere on the 4th or 5th island just to grind out exp w/ autoplay? i've been doing 4-2 because i have it SS'd but hard locks me out after 3 clears

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Leveling up heroes isn't done by grinding dungeons.

Go to the Nephthys Dungeon area and run whatever garden is up. You get rewarded with those cat robots which are used in EXP synthesis. This is the fastest way to level up a hero.

Do your best to run the highest garden possible. Be sure to check the monster info and read the passive skill on the coocoos. Each garden has a specific weakness.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

Leveling up heroes isn't done by grinding dungeons.

Go to the Nephthys Dungeon area and run whatever garden is up. You get rewarded with those cat robots which are used in EXP synthesis. This is the fastest way to level up a hero.

Do your best to run the highest garden possible. Be sure to check the monster info and read the passive skill on the coocoos. Each garden has a specific weakness.

Also note that you should run the best coocoos you can S rank; this works out to more exp than the previous dungeon's SS rank.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Speaking of CooCoo garden, any suggestions on team composition to auto the 10th stage in each? Assuming no sets. :shrug:

There's plenty of Paper stunners, but not much in the way of Red DOT'ers and green Slowers.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
My DoT team is Muz, Jack, Deb, and then Krut and Serendi for dps/CC.

My Decrease Movement team is Alfred, Krut, Reina, and then I toss in Chenny and Rask for some more dps.

Krut literally never leaves my team for anything except low level teams gaining extra xp when farming rebirths. He's that good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

It is extremely difficult to auto rock coocoos until you are really overleveled. The best most people can do is to semi-auto pressing hellfire when it comes up.

If you want to try the stun thing, your best bet is the paper type area stunners (Alex, Unknown) combined with wide area attackers who are more likely to incidentally target the stunned coocoos (Jenny, Klein, Celestial).

Once you've SSed the stage, though, all you have to do is finish it to get an SS, so I had more success with just sucking it up, gearing up some absurd paper characters plus Krut, and letting them brute force it, and if I happened to look in, hitting hellfire.

Moa, Klein, Celestial, Yekaterina, Jenny, Raizel. Especially if you have the means to build a Counter-Klein. When he gets trapped in the middle of a bunch of rock coocoos and starts countering, having 80% defense only helps so much when you get countered for 400,000 damage multiple times a turn.

Celestial and Yekaterina help with that, because they'll top off your HP for you. A solid counter-belle can do the same, and will counter more frequently than Klein, who has type advantage.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I was able to auto rock coocoos with Mu, Raboff, Unknown, Rai, and Krut. I now use Mu, Unknown, Jenny, Alex, and Rai.

Lance is great for paper coocoos. I still use him for them even though he's still 4*.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I use Kitty, Deborah, Serendi, Jack, and Celestial for Scissors.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So after I finish maxing Krut's first skill, what should I do then? Passive > 2 > 3?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I went 1->Passive->3->2, because Krut's defense is enough to make his self heal ability a "nice to have" instead of a "need to have", while the damage output on his 3 against high defense targets is greatly desired (and the immobilize has wonderful utility, particularly against range-1 only opponents, so it's nice to have some damage at the same time... otherwise, skill 1 would be used exclusively).

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Updates made to OP.

Thanks to contributors.

Please advise in thread about errors.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I really wish we could save teams on a per-zone basis. For everything that matters I use entirely different team comps from map to map, but I haven't changed up my teams on a particular map in a very long time.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Vincent Valentine posted:

I really wish we could save teams on a per-zone basis. For everything that matters I use entirely different team comps from map to map, but I haven't changed up my teams on a particular map in a very long time.

I was just thinking this. 5 is really not enough.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Starting brand new! We'll see how long my attention span lasts, but for now - is there any disadvantage to "Refining" equipment to a higher rarity level (other than opportunity cost of spending resources inefficiently, of course)?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ignoranus posted:

Starting brand new! We'll see how long my attention span lasts, but for now - is there any disadvantage to "Refining" equipment to a higher rarity level (other than opportunity cost of spending resources inefficiently, of course)?

Not anymore.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
For Tuesday raid, I found that this double Lee strat worked better for me than the Rabboff/disarm strat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIN7q6H5Kfs

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

DemonMage posted:

So after I finish maxing Krut's first skill, what should I do then? Passive > 2 > 3?

Did you farm him solely off stage 1? I've ss'ed stage 2(using a friend), but can't auto it yet q.q.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

No and autoing it is loving terrible.
When I could one turn Stage one, I kept trying Stage two until I could reliably do it in two turns. I currently can do Stage three in two turns.

http://demonmage.com/images/FWTKrutFarming01.jpg

That's my setup, with people in those positions he just AEs my melee stack, no one dies 99% of the time, and then I finish him on turn two.

With auto, it takes a lot longer and the failure rate goes way up.

That said, I was probably 50/50 on stage 1/2 for summoning him, I think. Now I've got his 1 maxed and his passive almost maxed. I used either Mas or maybe Kai as my other person prior to actually getting Krut.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 11, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
K thanks, guess I'll just have to manual my way through then!

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
To auto krut, put a couple of decent tanks or heroes with health regen in slots 1 and 2, raboff and jack in slots 3 and 4, with a miscellaneous dps in slot 5.

I'm using 5* Valkyrie, Banshee, Raboff, Jack, and Celestial to completely auto Krut 5.

First turn Raboff and Jack take the powerup tiles, while celestial hits krut. Then krut runs up in between Jack and Raboff and hits them once before getting locked down and shredded.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

My options are:
4*: Chris, Carrot, Jack
3*: Krut, Spooky, Mas, Alfred, Sraka
2*: Deborah, Kai, Ian, Lance, Valkyrie

Can't seem to throw together a team that can auto Stage 3/4, but super easy to clear 3 manually in two turns and at 12 energy a pop with a cap of 52, it doesn't take long to burn through it all.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

For the people in SwdOfLowtax, I'm putting up my GT Muzaka for Tuesday Raids.

You only get one shot at using him but it should net you at least 3 million points which is an easy S rank. You need Zero for this work otherwise my Muzaka will be missing the water terrain bonus. You want all the bonus effects, so 5 rock types and 2 of them needs be area type with the other 2 being balanced type. Strip everyone of their gear so that they all die off quickly. You want Muzaka to be the last hero standing as soon as possible. Keep the guild skill at Combat Support to keep Muza alive longer.

You can try this without Zero but you would need a hero like Lilid to yank the boss out of the water area. I wouldn't recommend it and I haven't done any tests to see how many points this would yield.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Avulsion posted:

To auto krut, put a couple of decent tanks or heroes with health regen in slots 1 and 2, raboff and jack in slots 3 and 4, with a miscellaneous dps in slot 5.

I'm using 5* Valkyrie, Banshee, Raboff, Jack, and Celestial to completely auto Krut 5.

First turn Raboff and Jack take the powerup tiles, while celestial hits krut. Then krut runs up in between Jack and Raboff and hits them once before getting locked down and shredded.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm too much of a lowbie to use that strat. I've only just unlocked Jack.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Roid666 posted:

Thanks for the advice, but I'm too much of a lowbie to use that strat. I've only just unlocked Jack.

Yeah, for anybody trying to auto Krut, if you do not have 5 star Jack and Raboff, plus preferably either Lena (for dps/immob) or Celestial (for healing/sealing), you probably cannot auto stage 4, and 3 will be chancy.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I'm just trying to unlock him :)

I can auto 1, but 2 is still too much.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I just use friends and manual stage 3. The five star allies you guys put up usually oneshots krut.

Also just got rank 10 expedition, woop

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

applied to overflowtax as 'wangsbig'. befriend me, wangsbig

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Somefool posted:

For the people in SwdOfLowtax, I'm putting up my GT Muzaka for Tuesday Raids.

You only get one shot at using him but it should net you at least 3 million points which is an easy S rank. You need Zero for this work otherwise my Muzaka will be missing the water terrain bonus. You want all the bonus effects, so 5 rock types and 2 of them needs be area type with the other 2 being balanced type. Strip everyone of their gear so that they all die off quickly. You want Muzaka to be the last hero standing as soon as possible. Keep the guild skill at Combat Support to keep Muza alive longer.

You can try this without Zero but you would need a hero like Lilid to yank the boss out of the water area. I wouldn't recommend it and I haven't done any tests to see how many points this would yield.

How is your Muzaka set up for this? I use a GT Muzaka as well but I only get a little over a million points before he finally dies off.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

How is your Muzaka set up for this? I use a GT Muzaka as well but I only get a little over a million points before he finally dies off.

Are you yanking him off the water?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

NinjaDebugger posted:

Are you yanking him off the water?

Nah, I was taking advantage of Zero. I haven't actually tried the Lilid thing yet, I still have two rounds of guild battle left today though so I could try it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nah, I was taking advantage of Zero. I haven't actually tried the Lilid thing yet, I still have two rounds of guild battle left today though so I could try it.

You need to yank him off the water anyway. Damage per hit is capped once you get past the first few forms, as long as he's on the water. Ideally, you pull him onto that little island, so that your Muz is guaranteed to have terrain advantage while pounding him via Zero.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Roid666 posted:

I'm just trying to unlock him :)

I can auto 1, but 2 is still too much.

You might not like to hear this, but when I first unlocked Krut as a newbie starting out, I didn't get to go auto for the exact reason you're facing. I watched TV and did other things while grinding it out.

Make sure to reserve just a little bit of energy each day towards giving genes to Jack, and getting coocoos in Nepthys. If you have the tower of dawn, it can sometimes be okay to go a few levels there, because it'll give you energy potions which you can use to grind Krut more.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Nah, that's cool.

Just to be crystal, I'm trying to max Jack's 3rd skill yes?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Exactly. Jack's 3rd skill is the boss slayer. Followed by his passive, followed by whatever.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hope you guys have a bunch of crystals saved up. Halloween Lord costume cost 1200 crystals and Celestial's halloween costume cost 600 crystals. There's also Chenny's and Lena's costume that cost event coins.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Chenny getting a decent costume? Hell yes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Coocoos are out!

1: Rebel Army Supply, Savage Token, Girgas Sandstorm
2: Lab Demon, Unyielding Champion, Shadow Death Band
3: Beast Rain Project Prototype, Legendary Ranger, Mad Guitarist
4: Pathfinder, Dragonslayer, Ketarh's Secret
5: Omnipotent & Omniscient, Legacy of the High Humans, Revelation of the Great Universe

1 and 2 are awful, do not pull them unless you have nothing else and would really like to complete partials on one of those sets.

3 is serviceable, as Legendary Ranger and Beast Rain are more than good enough to justify making yourself a +13 Mad Guitarist.

4 star is fantastic, Ketarh's Secret is a serviceable area only set that will help with the MP problems on your favorite area characters, while dragonslayer and pathfinder are both top class sets. Your worst outcome here is making some +13 armor/brooch combos that give bonuses if you slap them on an area character.

5 star is the money pull. Seriously, if you are gonna drop money on this game, this is a good moment to do so, with the new Lord costume plus sweet draws on Omni (amazing, period), Legacy (amazing in guild raid), and Revelation (Mini-Klein that you can take to +13)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So is Chenny worth farming for, if you're fairly new? Or just work on maxing out Krut's skills and ignore the other 3 island people for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

DemonMage posted:

So is Chenny worth farming for, if you're fairly new? Or just work on maxing out Krut's skills and ignore the other 3 island people for now?

Yes focus on Krut. No idea when he will be back again. I think it's been six months? Five?

Edit: Chenny is very good. Krut is must have.

• Locked thread