Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Someone recommend the ilya to me and I'm having a lot of fun running around shooting three ultra ac5s at people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

Someone recommend the ilya to me and I'm having a lot of fun running around shooting three ultra ac5s at people

It's a fun mech but it still suffers from having liken the largest torso hitboxes in the game, sadly.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

It's a fun mech but it still suffers from having liken the largest torso hitboxes in the game, sadly.

I'm in tier four so it doesn't matter

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone else having hit detection issues? My pings usually 20-95 but it seems like hits that connect dont always register. This is when firing the faster autocannons or itano circus-sized missile volleys so that might contribute.
(Possibly im just bad.)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Anyone else having hit detection issues? My pings usually 20-95 but it seems like hits that connect dont always register. This is when firing the faster autocannons or itano circus-sized missile volleys so that might contribute.
(Possibly im just bad.)

It's sort of generally suspected that projectile hit registration is still buggy.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Drone_Fragger posted:

Mechwarrior Online: "Crack the back of that King Crab open so the lights can feast on it's succulent butt meat"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
mechbays are 50% off until Jan. 2

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Pattonesque posted:

Man I just bought one yesterday. Damnit.

Guess I should get a few. Been hoarding MC for a few years now.

Hey what the hell happened in the faction play map. Looks like Jade Falcon is the holdout from Some crazy IS invasion.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Also, the MC/hero mech sale is extended until midnight tomorrow PST.

spiky butthole
May 5, 2014
Authing is hard. How do i do the thing where the do what and the click.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

captain poopfister posted:

Authing is hard. How do i do the thing where the do what and the click.

Wow.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

75 solo que grab bags claimed, and still no Cent. I don't know why I want the damned thing so much now, but goddamn it I do.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Drone_Fragger posted:

I think it spreads damage better than the stalker atleast :v:, those things seemed notorious for losing side torsos immediately.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

75 solo que grab bags claimed, and still no Cent. I don't know why I want the damned thing so much now, but goddamn it I do.

Free mechbay baby.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

You don't want a Cent 9 AH. Its trash. get a Cent 9A or a 9AL. 9A is good because it can rocket punch things to death with 3 SRM6s and the AL is good because you can stick a bunch of pulse or large lasers on it and then laser things with the quirk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Drone_Fragger posted:

You don't want a Cent 9 AH. Its trash. get a Cent 9A or a 9AL. 9A is good because it can rocket punch things to death with 3 SRM6s and the AL is good because you can stick a bunch of pulse or large lasers on it and then laser things with the quirk.

Yeah, I don't want a cent at all I just want a free thing.

Ryzic
Feb 28, 2009

No, actually. I would hate to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!
Grimey Drawer
Made a post in the spreadsheet. And gently caress the haters the 2 LPL shadowcat is awesome because it can fly.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I want all the dire wolves

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=261&l=76ece2c19da6055fd8d1ab339e91f51d2e45eaee

I want to do this so badly

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Cyrano4747 posted:

I dont even really play this game, hopped on to try a game, first bag got me a cent. OWNED

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Less heat sinks, more ammo.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Astroniomix posted:

Less heat sinks, more ammo.

You can fit 3x UAC5 2x UAC10 (or 4 UAC10s) on that mech and still not have heat problems, I don't know why you'd put 6 AC2s on it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Melchior posted:

You can fit 3x UAC5 2x UAC10 (or 4 UAC10s) on that mech and still not have heat problems, I don't know why you'd put 6 AC2s on it.

It's funny

Plink plink plink

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Dakkawolf.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Do I need to be online when you send the invite in order to get the WOL invite? Because I didn't get it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
PSA:

Don't tell new players or players who haven't played since the beta to spend MC on loving Champion mechs.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Melchior posted:

6 UAC2/6 small ER Dire is the mech I've recently used to break my personal best record for both damage and solo kills in pubbie matches, 1495 and 7 respectively. Last night I used it to do hilarious things like effectively suppress the entire enemy team in the spaceport from the very far edge of upper city on River City, and a couple matches later on Tourmaline I killed two scouting lights that were dumb enough to stack up on a mountain 936m away in the span of about 4 seconds. It's a fun novelty build that can actually do some serious work if you know how to position yourself and stay out of medium-range engagments with a lot of facetime, it melts stuff at long range and the quick-cycling 36 pinpoint damage laser group I use to back up the AC2s inside 200m isn't something to ignore at close range. Sure a splatlas or the dire builds you named could probably beat it in a flat-out brawl but if you do your job whatever popped around the corner and killed you should at least be cored out for the guy behind you, and if you catch those mechs out in the open at long range they can't do much (if anything) to you in return

With range modules those 6 UAC2s do max damage out to 891m with excellent falloff and a double-tap of those guns does almost as much damage as dual gauss with an optimal range over 300m longer. Sure it's situational but so are most good mechs like brawlers, and if you're a good shot it can rip anything apart at ranges long enough that most mechs can't even really damage you back

I eats my spinach fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 30, 2015

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drone_Fragger posted:

The only nice thing about this free Cent is that you can actually sell it, unlike the two that are stripped and just taking up loving space in my mechbays.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

The only nice thing about this free Cent is that you can actually sell it, unlike the two that are stripped and just taking up loving space in my mechbays.

So I was gone from this game when the dark ages hit and just got back in. What the gently caress my old rear end PCGamer skin doesn't work on OmniMechs. Jeez PGI, you're the worst.

Skoll posted:

PSA:

Don't tell new players or players who haven't played since the beta to spend MC on loving Champion mechs.

I have to tell friends I get into this game repeatedly that Champs are a fuckwaste and only spend MC on poo poo that will get you more cbills. Even if it is 50 percent off, its stupid and don't do it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I've been doing CW today because matches happened pretty rapidly and gently caress it, cbill gains are good, and after my last two I'm convinced that TCAF folks are immense cowards who won't spearhead a push to save their lives/win a game. Games went pretty drat good until I ended up dropping with them twice in a row.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Skoll posted:

PSA:

Who the heck did this

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ryzic posted:

Made a post in the spreadsheet. And gently caress the haters the 2 LPL shadowcat is awesome because it can fly.

back from xmas so i ran through the list and friended everyone up, will do another run and send everyone who accepted me a unit invite in a few hours. Alternatively anyone else can invite.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I've been doing CW today because matches happened pretty rapidly and gently caress it, cbill gains are good, and after my last two I'm convinced that TCAF folks are immense cowards who won't spearhead a push to save their lives/win a game. Games went pretty drat good until I ended up dropping with them twice in a row.

Tcaf are :downs:, but they are Liao, so it's sort of endearing.

But yeah, they've always been pretty poo poo. I can't imagine what they'd be like now that we're in the dark ages of teamwork.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I was rolling with Kurita to get the mech bay before I got the unit invite, but apparently I can't break the contract because there are exactly 3 days left on it. Well okay then. Guess I'll see if I can rush the second mech bay or something...

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
We were down 5-11 on HPG Manifold. I was the last one left in my Shadow Cat.

I single handedly turned the game around and won it out with all the goons watching. It's a great feeling. :unsmith:

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Dang, was that a PPC cat or something?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Love Stole the Day posted:

We were down 5-11 on HPG Manifold. I was the last one left in my Shadow Cat.

I single handedly turned the game around and won it out with all the goons watching. It's a great feeling. :unsmith:

Wow, nice job. I would have just panicked and run around making fart jokes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Endbuster posted:

LPLs maybe? Those things tear when you've got room to shoot and move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Endbuster posted:

It was LPL like the above goon said.

This is the build I've been using for weeks as my sniper build for the Shadow Cat. I call it the Sniper Cat.

• Locked thread