Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to play Stardew (and own a copy) but I've been warned against it since I've got pretty heavy depression and apparently it's a good game for getting its claws deep into you and preventing you from doing things you need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

I should play Hitman now that it's fully out, I remember really enjoying the fashion show even though i only played it once or twice (and never touched a hitman before that)

So many games to play though: Bloodborne, Mass Effect 3, Gravity Rush, Tyranny, World of Final Fantasy

Weirdly when I get home I don't seem to want to actually start any of them :geno:

Bloodborne is the best game in your post, if you have a PS4 you should be playing it. Bloodborne is ultra good, play the Bloodborne. Start playing Bloodborne already.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Ciaphas posted:

I should play Hitman now that it's fully out, I remember really enjoying the fashion show even though i only played it once or twice (and never touched a hitman before that)

So many games to play though: Bloodborne, Mass Effect 3, Gravity Rush, Tyranny, World of Final Fantasy

Weirdly when I get home I don't seem to want to actually start any of them :geno:

This is me. Watch a wall of games that demand to be played.

Play factorio or dota2 depending on who's online :negative:

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 15, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ImpAtom posted:

I want to play Stardew (and own a copy) but I've been warned against it since I've got pretty heavy depression and apparently it's a good game for getting its claws deep into you and preventing you from doing things you need to.

It is. It's very satisfying to do your crops just right, or make a townie adore you, and I have spent some nights thinking I should do a chore instead of playing Stardew, but...I'm fortunately in a place where I've got the medication just right so I can put it aside to do my chores and so on, so Stardew for me is a calming chill-out game to enjoy when my free time is lined up just right.

Please take care of yourself and game responsibly. :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Bloodborne is the best game in your post, if you have a PS4 you should be playing it. Bloodborne is ultra good, play the Bloodborne. Start playing Bloodborne already.

I actually started that a couple days ago and got horrifyingly stuck on Father Gascoigne, my action game skills have abandoned me utterly

I bought Tyranny literally this morning expecting to sit down after work and get into a good story (and my first cRPG) and instead, well, here I am

idgi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dragon Quest Builders is my GOTY so far easy but FF15 will probably limit break it into pieces

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Klaus Kinski posted:

[The Witness] is the one game I have not picked up yet. I want to nerd the gently caress out at puzzles but my schedule does not allow that :(

It's extremely my poo poo. It's absolutely not a game I'd universally recommend, but it's a fantastic puzzle game and two things in it (the first time I got an environmental puzzle and the Grieg puzzle at the end) were really memorable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

I actually started that a couple days ago and got horrifyingly stuck on Father Gascoigne, my action game skills have abandoned me utterly

I bought Tyranny literally this morning expecting to sit down after work and get into a good story (and my first cRPG) and instead, well, here I am

idgi

I will help you with Papa G if you want. He will be owned

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bloodborne was $20 at target. should i give up playing through sketchy fps dark souls 1 and just skip to that for now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oddium posted:

bloodborne was $20 at target. should i give up playing through sketchy fps dark souls 1 and just skip to that for now

One thing I will say from experience is that if you do, playing DS1 after will be hard. Bloodborne's speed is crazy bananas fast in comparison. Not that it's better or worse, just that it's the same formula executed so differently that it'll feel real weird playing one after the other (no matter the order).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Going from BB to DS1 was the weirdest, all the bosses were moving in slow motion.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CJacobs posted:

One thing I will say from experience is that if you do, playing DS1 after will be hard. Bloodborne's speed is crazy bananas fast in comparison. Not that it's better or worse, just that it's the same formula executed so differently that it'll feel real weird playing one after the other (no matter the order).

Yeah. Bloodborne is the fastest Souls game in terms of combat, while DS1 is the slowest. (Except for maybe Demon's Souls? Never played that one.)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah. Bloodborne is the fastest Souls game in terms of combat, while DS1 is the slowest. (Except for maybe Demon's Souls? Never played that one.)

Demon's Souls' enemies move about the same speed, but the player is clunkier

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I actually think the Souls games provide a good speed ramp-up toward Bloodborne now that 3 is out. Dark Souls 3 is basically Bloodborne game speed with Souls game mechanics. Which is sometimes not a point in its favor because the enemies move as fast as in Bloodborne but you move as fast as in Dark Souls so it's a bit muddy.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

so W_D2 has fully textured nudists in game :wtc:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You also can get banned from sharing PS screenshots if you take a screenshot of the nudists and share it on PSN. Because nudity is against the rulesssssssssssssssssss

If you want to see a video of a randomly fully naked person in watch dogs 2 in an alley pissing on a wall, well here you go :nsfw:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I want a fun game to play with other people online. Is there anything you guys are playing now that meets that description?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I picked up Watch Dogs 2. It actually looks like a turn around from the first one. Like the AC2 to the first ones AC.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Alright I'm gonna try Gascoigne a couple more times

If I get frustrated I'll see if I like Tyranny or not

I'm gonna do it i'm actually gonna play a video game tonight instead of waffling and doing nothing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Don't feel bad about cheesing his second form, its way harder than anything in the early game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CJacobs posted:

You also can get banned from sharing PS screenshots if you take a screenshot of the nudists and share it on PSN. Because nudity is against the rulesssssssssssssssssss

If you want to see a video of a randomly fully naked person in watch dogs 2 in an alley pissing on a wall, well here you go :nsfw:

I mean it is San Francisco.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

Alright I'm gonna try Gascoigne a couple more times

If I get frustrated I'll see if I like Tyranny or not

I'm gonna do it i'm actually gonna play a video game tonight instead of waffling and doing nothing

Some tips: Use the gravestones for cover because he has to path around them. Fight on the stairs or the upper platform if he starts getting aggressive cuz it's much more flat. In the final phase, dodge toward him instead of backwards. Don't panic.

I said come in! posted:

I mean it is San Francisco.

Hmm, that is true

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wow ok the music box really does do buggering gently caress all and in fact got me killed horribly

i knew i was right to be a stubborn rear end in a top hat about accepting help

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Huh? As I recall, it staggers him for a good 5-10 seconds or so, certainly enough to go backstab him.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it was like two, maybe three seconds at best and on the third one I got mega-thrashed

and I thought backstabs weren't in this game???

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

do a charged r2 behind an enemy then when they fall down hit r1. doesn't work with the axe in 2 hand mode if you're using that because it'll just knock them on their face instead

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

12 attempts later, 8 of which i actually reach him, best attempt yet, camera gets stuck on a grabestone and i die

tv nearly has a hole in it now

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, you do have all the shortcuts to him open, right?

You shouldn't have to fight anyone on the way there that you don't want to...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i have to fight at least the giants to get a supply of blood vials

i've long since run dry of those, bullets and echoes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
lets hang out what is the little cat guy in your avatar, and why is it punching a fish. I've been wondering for a while.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

i have to fight at least the giants to get a supply of blood vials

i've long since run dry of those, bullets and echoes

Are you parrying Gascoigne?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Snak posted:

Are you parrying Gascoigne?

insofar as i am able but he usually dodges to the side or is midroll

then after a huge attack i think to myself 'well at least i can rally somel ife ba-' blunderbuss for chip damage and yellow bar erasure

i'm mad at video games

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

cat was put out of his misery today...that's all there is to say on the matter...

:(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

insofar as i am able but he usually dodges to the side or is midroll

then after a huge attack i think to myself 'well at least i can rally somel ife ba-' blunderbuss for chip damage and yellow bar erasure

i'm mad at video games

My offer to help you is still open! Gascoigne is a brick fuckin wall for a lot of people because he's just so much harder than anything else you've fought so far.

Lizard Wizard posted:

cat was put out of his misery today...that's all there is to say on the matter...

You have my sympathies, man.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

:( I am so sorry.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well that's okay. The entire purpose of Glascoigne is to teach you that parrying is easymode. The trick to parrying is that you want the bullet to hit them when their attack is coming towards you. So if you spend some time only dodging, you will start to get a feel for what his attack windups look like.

But if you're out of everything, maybe go back to the streets. Right by the lantern there are several enemies you can pretty safely engage one-on-one. These are really safe targets to practice parrying on while farming for vials and echoes. Use blood bullets while farming, because, even if you pop a vial immediately after making them, they are still much cheaper than real bullets.

The giants are also prime parrying targets. They have a few attacks which are difficult to parry, but just avoid those and learn which ones you can parry.

You can do this, but you need to take some deep breaths and face Glascoigne with confidence in the skills that it will take to beat him.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Has anyone else played Planet Explorers? I'm hooked on the game, but the number of things the game just isn't telling me (how do I assign workers once I build a colony, for example?) is beginning to wear on me.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lizard Wizard posted:

Gah, gently caress. So sorry, mate. :(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Dude, I'm so sorry. That really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

like take those 'easy to parry' giants for example, you can't tell while waiting if they're gonna go for a long parryable attack or that four hit combo that's impossible to parry and eats half your life bar

take that by x10 for gascoigne

• Locked thread