Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Rams 30 25.21%
Saints 28 23.53%
Bill Vinovich 22 18.49%
SCORING 39 32.77%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You just contradicted yourself here duder.

Actually,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I woke up just in time to see Brees throw that pick. lol hang it up old man.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
so fake

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad the game ended without any controversy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Silly Burrito posted:

Now it's just going to give him more stress because we're still 1-0.

Yeah but you're unlikely to go into it with a QB as good as Brees. Unless he's back at it next year which is possible if he doesn't decline

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I've never seen goons so loving salty before, gaddang.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol

https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1087131805646536706

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I appreciate the Saints saw what the Eagles did last week and said, let’s do that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

To have a game basically decided by the refs on a single play is a lovely loving football game. I wanted the Saints to win, but the Rams looked like the better team, but that missed PI call taints the win and the rest of the playoffs.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't want Kroenke to win a SB.

The game should've been over.

I mean, I entirely agree but by the time it was OT, the OT rules had no impact.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

SourKraut posted:

I was about to ask if you were even old enough to remember them being in LA previously but then I remembered you are.
I was born in '84 so technically yes but they left when I was fairly young, and football was never the top sport in our household (obviously). Also they were already playing down in Orange County by the time I was born so the Raiders felt like the LA team of my childhood.

My maternal grandfather (who died a decade before I was born) was apparently a big Rams fan and had season tickets in the 60's (back when this was a reasonable thing for a machinist to have). If I still lived in LA and didn't have hesitation about the game of football itself, I'd have jumped back on the Rams bandwagon hard last year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

skipdogg posted:

To have a game basically decided by the refs on a single play is a lovely loving football game. I wanted the Saints to win, but the Rams looked like the better team, but that missed PI call taints the win and the rest of the playoffs.

Calm down a bit mate, the Saints could have won and blew it. The call wasn’t the last play of the game or anything

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh no poo poo reallyyyy?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

skipdogg posted:

no one will care in a week

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

payton should be glad the non-call happened so he can move the blame to that instead of his terribly stupid loving gameplan under the 2 min warning

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

In the "No poo poo Sherlock" category.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Bumble

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Don't know if you could even rank that as 'blowing the call' when you could HEAR the helmet hit a full second before the ball lands. A ref wouldn't even have to be looking at the players to know there was clearly early contact, if the player upside down cartwheeling through the air wasn't a hint.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

skipdogg posted:

Yep. I can handle losing outright because our offense was going bad in the 2nd half but poo poo. It got taken out of our hands there.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah the correct call by the refs would have ended the game

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

misdirectomy posted:

I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings I’m not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry

It’s not rigged. lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Great, can they reverse the outcome?

Fix was in

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Calm down a bit mate, the Saints could have won and blew it. The call wasn’t the last play of the game or anything

They had plenty of chances to win but if they make that call the Rams chances of winning are basically 0. It’s as close to game defining as it gets and it was really blatant.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

They could have run the clock down all the way and kicked. I'd be pretty pissed if I were for the Saints.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

We could have run the clock down to like 4 seconds and kicked a short fg. That call 200% stole the game

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Cart Mountain posted:

payton should be glad the non-call happened so he can move the blame to that instead of his terribly stupid loving gameplan under the 2 min warning

This. This times a million.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/1087129746532577281?s=21

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Oh no poo poo reallyyyy?

https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/1087132115072884742

"our bad"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That said, the Saints botched the situation to begin with. They should have just run it 3 times and kicked and the Rams probably don't make it to FG range. THey just barely had enough time as it is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cart Mountain posted:

Running three times and kicking a FG very likely ends the exact same way. Being aggressive to pick up the first down was the right call.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Sorry the wrong team went to the Superbowl Oh well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So who's reffing the SB

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kawalimus posted:

That said, the Saints botched the situation to begin with. They should have just run it 3 times and kicked and the Rams probably don't make it to FG range.

The Saints Falconing a game away is the best thing :allears:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Andy Reid is a good guy, so I'm going to say yes.

You're thinking of the Raiders.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

That said, the Saints botched the situation to begin with. They should have just run it 3 times and kicked and the Rams probably don't make it to FG range.

they aboslutely wouldnt have. with all of the trouble they were having the entire game with the noise, there's no way the rams come back with no timeouts to mounting a FG drive

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

crowd goes mild

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

We could have run the clock down to like 4 seconds and kicked a short fg. That call 200% stole the game

Well I mean if you want to blame the refs for throwing a pick I guess this is accurate

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the game just needs 300 more stoppages for instant replay and finally the reffing will be Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can't believe that the NFL only allowed the Saints to play one down in the entire game and the Refs blew the call. SMH.