Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Reposting with the great innovation called bold.

Illu flavorclaims Anatoly Cherdenko and claims there's another player who is Quark.

Let's look at the flavor we know:

CCKeane: a sentient nebula containing Freddie Mercury, writing the theme of this game
hambeet: a comic book artist that seems very concerned with making sure every woman has a skintight uniform
Illusionis: Anatoly Cherdenko
JosefStalinator:
Maerlyn: The Loc-Nar
Maugrim:
Opopanax: Brain slug
PhantomMuzzles: Tribbler
SporkChan: Ryo-Ohki
wologar: Robby the Robot

I think it's pretty safe to consider PMuzz as the tribbler and me as Robby (beet flavorcopped me with Tammy's ice-cream). I also think it's safe to consider Maer as The Loc-Nar but I concede it could be a front for a scumbud.

Josef, Maugrim, are any of you Quark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wologar posted:

Illu flavorclaims Anatoly Cherdenko and claims there's another player who is Quark.

Let's look at the flavor we know:

CCKeane: a sentient nebula containing Freddie Mercury, writing the theme of this game
hambeet: a comic book artist that seems very concerned with making sure every woman has a skintight uniform
Illusionis: Anatoly Cherdenko
JosefStalinator:
Maerlyn: The Loc-Nar
Maugrim:
Opopanax: Brain slug
PhantomMuzzles: Tribbler
SporkChan: Cute mascot of indeterminate species. Secretly the most powerful figure of all. / Ryo-Ohki
wologar: Robby the Robot

I think it's pretty safe to consider PMuzz as the tribbler and me as Robby (beet flavorcopped me with Tammy's ice-cream). I also think it's safe to consider Maer as The Loc-Nar but I concede it could be a front for a scumbud.

Josef, Maugrim, are any of you Quark?

spork having a long flavour submission, and being given a shorter flavour name by HCT fits what happened with salad's(my) flavour submission.

salad/(my)'s confessional name is rob liefeld, who is apparently a comic book artist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

salad/(my)'s confessional name is rob liefeld, who is apparently a comic book artist.

One of the biggest and also worst artists of all time

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

hambeet posted:

spork having a long flavour submission, and being given a shorter flavour name by HCT fits what happened with salad's(my) flavour submission.

Well, I didn't actually submit "Robby the Robot". I submitted the same picture I posted before with no extra context. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Opopanax posted:

One of the biggest and also worst artists of all time

he apparently is the one that drew the terrible perspective captain america too

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm good with being voted out, especially if scum have a vig. I don't know if they'd be able to do the NK and vig but I don't really want to find out.

Also Josef is a copier, so what did he do last night? I don't think he's said has he?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

I'm good with being voted out, especially if scum have a vig. I don't know if they'd be able to do the NK and vig but I don't really want to find out.

Please don't martyr yourself at this stage.

Maerlyn posted:

Also Josef is a copier, so what did he do last night? I don't think he's said has he?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Something isn't adding up with Maer's claims.

She claims that N1 she gave herself to Sandwolf, which would have let him vig someone.

N2 Maer was unable to take any actions, having been given out.
N2 Sand was killed. Because Sand was killed, Maer can now day vig someone.

D3 Maer kills Cloaca with a 'eerie green glow'
N3 Maer claims to have given herself to wolo.

N4 Maer was unable to take any actions again.
N4 wolo vigs Hal, claiming he used the power Maer gave him.

N5 Maer gave herself out again, it has been implied she tried to give it to wol again.

The thing is, Maer is claiming to be the Loc-Nar, and would have been powered up by Circl's death. Which didn't happen until D3. (The same day Maer shot Cloaca)
So either Maer didn't get powered up by the death of Circl and had full power all along, or she couldn't have used her power on N1 to give herself to Sand.

##vote Maer

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Ah, I was wondering who would be the first to seize the opportunity to jump on Maer's "just kill me plz".

SporkChan posted:

She claims that N1 she gave herself to Sandwolf, which would have let him vig someone.

N5 Maer gave herself out again, it has been implied she tried to give it to wol again.

The thing is, Maer is claiming to be the Loc-Nar, and would have been powered up by Circl's death. Which didn't happen until D3. (The same day Maer shot Cloaca)
So either Maer didn't get powered up by the death of Circl and had full power all along, or she couldn't have used her power on N1 to give herself to Sand.

##vote Maer

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

wologar posted:

Ah, I was wondering who would be the first to seize the opportunity to jump on Maer's "just kill me plz".

Lol. I'd been feeling you and Maer as linked scum for a few days now. The fact that I found something inexplicable in her claims makes me scum? Sure, sure, buddy.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

SporkChan posted:

Lol. I'd been feeling you and Maer as linked scum for a few days now. The fact that I found something inexplicable in her claims makes me scum? Sure, sure, buddy.

Scum shook.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wologar posted:

I mean, he seems to have a point

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Opop and Illu will vote Maer next. Just watch.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Just checking in before bed and too tired to read the exciting-looking cases being made above, but I am indeed a certain well-loved Star Trek character.

That is to say, I'm the Emergency Medical Hologram (from Star Trek Voyager).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wologar posted:

Opop and Illu will vote Maer next. Just watch.

So what do you disagree with, exactly? Spork is pointing out what seems to be a contradiction and you're just plugging your ears and going "lalalala"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Maer could be scum too but I'm unlikely to swing from Opop.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Opopanax posted:

So what do you disagree with, exactly? Spork is pointing out what seems to be a contradiction and you're just plugging your ears and going "lalalala"

Even if Maer is scum, voting her out before you or Illu would be a travesty.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Choo Choo! All aboard the Opop Express! Next stop, one of Spork/Illu/Maer

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##vote Opop

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

SporkChan posted:

##vote Maer

Everything that I said and you mentioned above is true but you are assuming the vig was from Circl's death, it was from Sand dying while holding me. I haven't revealed my boon from Circl's death yet.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote Opop

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will also say that I was hanging out with Opop once and he turned to me and said "It was me, I got Firefly cancelled, and I'd do it again! And again! And again!" And he just kept saying again over and over, but quieter each time, while walking away backwards.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Everything that I said and you mentioned above is true but you are assuming the vig was from Circl's death, it was from Sand dying while holding me. I haven't revealed my boon from Circl's death yet.

You're saying you can hand out every other day vigs and that's your un-upgraded form? Disbelief.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Also I'm not voting Opop. I wasn't fully convinced until the two people I'm sure are scum hopped on the vote.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

SporkChan posted:

You're saying you can hand out every other day vigs and that's your un-upgraded form? Disbelief.

I was in disbelief too but I THOUGHT scum would kill me after I revealed myself after Circl died, so it's frustrating that I'm still alive

Oh and I posted this earlier but I can't really just pass out vigs freely, but I can gift myself again after I'm used (or 2 nights pass)

Maerlyn posted:

If I gave the vig to scum and they just sat on it, I wouldn't have been able to give it to wol N3.

From my role PM if 2 nights pass without the kill being used, I would leave the person and receive the dayvig, or if the recipient was killed is the other means for me to receive it.

I gave to Sand N1, he was killed N2 and I gave to wol N3, used to shoot Hal N4. If I was scum giving myself to scum and they held off, that timeline doesn't work.

It would also be in scums best interest to kill me because I've said I'll be gifting a vig to someone tonight.

My brilliant self forgot that there was a redirector in the mix so I imagine scum has my orb.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Spork you had a town read on me for quite a while, what changed?

SporkChan posted:

Yesterday I soft cleared Maer with my reread and my thoughts haven't changed there. Still think she's town.

Wolo and Keats are both pinging my vibes like crazy, and have been most of the game.

Wolo claimed a BP BG yesterday and that took me off the vote on him.
Keats shot Circl and I've been giving him the pass for bad posts since.

Time for that has passed though.

##vote Keats

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Spork you had a town read on me for quite a while, what changed?

I noticed a lot of coordination and hive mind between you and wol on my reread.

First thing that pinged me was you both coming in saying you were suspicious I could read the messages I've sent. The way it came from you both sounded like something that was discussed in scum chat and agreed upon. The way you talked about it sounded like opening the door on a long discussion. You know the start and heard the end, but the middle was missing.

Then when looking back I saw instances of you each saying you were suspicious of the other, but with no evidence, no casing. Just general vibes that came to nothing.

And I looked more closely at your claimed powers and usage of them. Wol's been tight lipped about his, but I don't believe yours has worked the way you said.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I will also say that I was hanging out with Opop once and he turned to me and said "It was me, I got Firefly cancelled, and I'd do it again! And again! And again!" And he just kept saying again over and over, but quieter each time, while walking away backwards.

And I'd do it again! gently caress Joss Whedon!

##vote illu self preservation

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Beet's probably telling the truth, don't dunk him like a bunch of morons after I flip town

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Also was interesting wolo and Maer both voted to put Opop at -1 once I put pressure on one of them.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Spork, I kinda wish you were town to see the giant Yoshi egg on your face after the game was over.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Opopanax posted:

And I'd do it again! gently caress Joss Whedon!

Could it be..? Opop... TOWN!?!?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Okay I woke up and I think it is scumPopop so gently caress it let's move this along ##vote Opop

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: There was a Opopanax here. They're gone now.

Votecount for Day 6

Opopanax (6): PhantomMuzzles, hambeet, CCKeane, wologar, Maerlyn, Illusionis
Illusionis (2): Maugrim, wologar, wologar, Opopanax
Maerlyn (1): SporkChan

Not Voting (1): JosefStalinator

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 19 hours, 36 minutes.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Clearly when the most suspicious person is... well, suspicious, they have to go. But what if..?

Opopanax, An ooze parasite driving around a humanoid body, TOWN-Aligned Role Checker/Miller was ejected!

quote:

Oh boy, how does this thing work? What is this nervous system? Who designed this!? These nerves and are all in the wrong place, and there are way too many bulbous, fleshy bits on the inside. You can’t wait for this incident to be over so you can get out of here!

Not Quite Right - While you pass cursory inspection, any actions that attempt to investigate your alignment will give a false report consistent with you being SCUM-aligned.

How Do You Do, Fellow Humanoid? - You are well acquainted with what makes someone a little… unusual. At night, you may ##suscop another player, learning whether their role PM contains any of the words “kill”, “poison”, “ignite”, “juggernaut”, “ninja”, “paranoid” or “janitor”, or grammatical variations of those words. Flavor does not count.

Night 6 begins now. Since you all hammered at such an awkward time you only get like... 15 hours for night actions? Same time as usual tonight.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

As the cruise ship GALAXY FRONTIER drifts listlessly through space, tension rises to a fever pitch. All the suspicious candidates are already gone, out the airlock, or else dismantled into a pile of junk. Even the clearly suspicious oozy parasite didn't do the dastardly deed of doing in the captain (although the humanoid was rather happy to be free of it). Nobody slept very well that night. In the morning, they found one of the more peculiar members among them dispersed into an even finer dust than it had started out as.

CCKeane, A sentient nebula absolutely bewildered that Freddie Mercury is inside it writing the theme of this game, TOWN-Aligned Vanilla/Bounty Hunter was eliminated!

quote:

This is all quite fascinating - time is a concept that means little to you, and yet, something has changed within you, possibly due to time. A rather small, mustachioed humanoid appears to be occupying your physical form. And what is it doing? Its flappy bits are making noises, rhythmic ones - you’ve heard of “music” before. Is that what this is..? You can’t wait to find out. If the song is good enough, you can broadcast it for everyone to hear.

Another One Bites the (Cosmic) Dust - You start the game holding Freddie Mercury, although he seems to be experiencing writer’s block. You presently have no abilities beyond your vote.

Under Pressure - You know that Ziggy Stardust is somewhere out there. While Ziggy is around, his glam rock tunes distract Freddie from finishing his opus. Once Ziggy has been eliminated from the game, you gain the one-shot ability to ##save everyone of us as a night action, protecting all players from killing actions tonight. Only you may use this ability, and Freddie must still be in your possession - should you misplace him somehow, he may eventually find his way back to you.

But beware: Ziggy Stardust knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

What's more, the local cat/rabbit hybrid was found stuffed into a suspended animation container, alive but in no shape to vote or carry any messages around.

SporkChan, Ryo-Ohki, TOWN-Aligned Courier/Bounty Hunter was eliminated, too!

quote:

When you came here from Jurai, there was a bit of an incident and you were damaged. You’re actually a spaceship, you see, but for now, your form is that of a cute cat/rabbit hybrid - what’s not to love?

Take This to Tenchi and I’ll Give You Some Carrots - Once per day, as a day action, you can ##approach another player (privately, in your confessional). That player will receive an anonymous offer to send a message to another player. That player, in turn, will get the opportunity to reply to the message. Oh, and you’ll take the opportunity to snoop on both messages, learning what those two players sent to each other.

Not Big Enough for Both of Us - You know that A Tribble is somewhere out there. Its cute fuzzy appearance rivals yours, not to mention its overwhelming fecundity, and that just won’t do. Once the Tribble has been eliminated from the game, you gain the one-shot ability to ##transform into your true form, a huge crystalline space ship. You will remain in this form until the end of the next night. While transformed, you are completely untargetable and you will passively self-watch, learning who attempted to visit you at night, but you can’t take other actions.

But beware: The Tribble knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Things went deathly quiet as the dust settled. Eventually, a group of the remaining survivors suddenly broke out into high-fives and wicked grins.

"Time for space communism to reign supreme at last!" one exclaimed. "This vessel shall form the basis of our new revolution!"

"Not a chance, pal, there's gold-pressed latinum to be made! Think of how much we could get for the decor in here alone! Plus, I got a cousin who knows just what to do with, er... derelict ships like this."

As the two bickered loudly about exactly what economic system would dominate going forward, a sentient plant shuffled smugly in the corner, attended to by a somewhat bemused comic book artist of dubious talent, but undeniable presence.

JosefStalinator, Quark, SCUM-Aligned Role Copier/Bounty Hunter has won the game!

quote:

217th Rule of Acquisition - As a night action, you may ##counterfeit another player’s night action, making an item that replicates its effects… or at least vaguely approximates it. You may keep that item for yourself or give it to another player (who you will also visit). The item is a poor quality replica, however, and will disintegrate if not used by the end of tomorrow night. If your target has multiple night actions, a random one is chosen. Factional abilities like the night kill can’t be copied this way.

47th Rule of Acquisition - You know that former Soviet Premier Anatoly Cherdenko is somewhere out there. While he is around, his unhinged propaganda is bad for business, and bad for your profits. Once he is eliminated, any new items you counterfeit can be used (by whoever has them) as a free action in addition to whatever else that player does that night instead of requiring a full use of their night action.

But beware: Anatoly Cherdenko knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

Illusionis, Anatoly Cherdenko, SCUM-Aligned Item Thief/Bounty Hunter has won the game!

quote:

The Means of Production - As a private day action, you may ##itemcop another player. At the beginning of the next night, you will learn whether that player has any items, and if so, what they are called (but not what they do). You can change who will be itemcopped at any point before twilight.

Our Items, Comrade - As a night action, you may ##stea– ##communize a random item belonging to another player, taking it for yourself or giving it to another player of your choice (who you will also visit).

47th Rule of Acquisition - You know that the Ferengi barkeeper Quark is somewhere out there. Imagine your dismay at finally breaking the surly bonds of the Earth, only to find that the vices of capitalism were already well established out here! Once he is eliminated, you gain the one-shot ability to ##institute space communism as a public day action in the thread. The following night, all players may take two actions instead of one, although they can’t use the same action twice (i.e. you can’t perform two factional night kills, but you can perform a normal action plus the night kill).

But beware: Quark knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

Hambeet/Saladscooper, A Comic Book Artist Who Seems Very Concerned With Making Sure Every Woman Has a Skintight Uniform, SCUM-Aligned Role Checker has won the game!

quote:

Scandalous? Screw that, you’re merely showing the human body for what it is. Prudes, that’s what they are. Honestly, it’s like no one cares about the finer aspects any more.

Obsessive Attention to Detail - As a night action, you may ##scrutinize another player, learning whether their role PM contains any of the words “protect”, “track”, “watch”, “investigate”, “learn”, “paranoid” or “scum”, or grammatical variations of those words. Flavor does not count.

Maugrim, A Triffid, SCUM-Aligned Doctor/Poisoner has won the game!

quote:

It’s not entirely clear who made you - were you bio-engineered by Soviet scientists, or did you arrive here on a meteor? Or both? Either way, your plant body is capable of producing a variety of chemicals that can either help or hurt.

Numbing Biochemicals - As a night action, you may ##doctor another player, protecting them from killing actions tonight.

Poison Stinger - When performing the factional night kill, you may choose to ##poison the target instead of killing them normally. If so, they die tomorrow night instead of tonight. You can also choose to ##poisondoctor the target, both protecting them from killing actions tonight and poisoning them.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

As for the rest, well. The details aren't entirely clear, but a few things are known. It would take a long, long time to clean all the tribbles out of the vents, and the mysteriously glowing green orb was never seen again. As for the robot, it continued to make several repeat appearances elsewhere, of dubious canonicity.

PhantomMuzzles, A Tribble, TOWN-Aligned Eccofier/Bounty Hunter has been endgamed.

quote:

Extreme Fecundity - At the start of each night, the number of tribbles in the game doubles. The first night, a random player who is not you and does not already have a tribble will receive a tribble; they will be told this, but not what it does. The second night, this will happen again for every living tribble (including you), resulting in four total tribbles, and so on.

When you use a non-lethal action, you cannot choose its target(s). Rather, the action targets everyone who currently has a tribble (including you), and you will learn who currently has a tribble. The results might be a bit difficult to tell apart, however.

Cargo Hold Buddies - There’s someone else stuck in this cargo hold with you. You start the game in an unconfirmed masonry with another player.

Not Big Enough for Both of Us - You know that Ryo-Ohki is somewhere out there. While it’s alive, its overwhelming cuteness rivals yours, and that won’t do. Once Ryo-Ohki has been eliminated from the game, you gain the one-shot ability to ##track everyone who has a tribble as a night action.

But beware: Ryo-Ohki knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

wologar, Robby the Robot, TOWN-Aligned Bulletproof Bodyguard has been endgamed.

quote:

Secrets of the Krell - Your mechanical body is made using repurposed ancient technology and very sturdy. You have one shot of bulletproof, protecting you from a killing action. This is a part of your anatomy, not an item.

Laws of Robotics - At night, you may ##bodyguard another player, protecting them from a killing action tonight. However, if you successfully prevent their death, you will die instead - or your bulletproof will be spent, if you still have it.

If you lose your bulletproof this way, onlookers who have only seen the misleading movie poster will assume you were trying to attack the person you are protecting. For the rest of the game, any actions that attempt to investigate your alignment will give a false report consistent with you being SCUM-aligned. Losing your bulletproof another way does not trigger this effect, and you will know whether it did or not.

Maerlyn, The Loc-Nar, TOWN-Aligned Vigilantizer/Bounty Hunter has been endgamed.

quote:

Sum of All Evil - As a night action, if you have no other actions to perform, you must ##gift yourself to another player. They will be notified they received a glowing crystal orb, but not where it came from. You may also record a message that will be anonymously given to them. If you do not choose a target, a random target will be chosen. While you are in someone else’s possession, you cannot gift yourself to someone else. If for any reason “you” change holders, you will be notified.

That player will gain the ability to ##kill someone at night. Once that player attempts to kill someone, you will leave their possession, your bloodlust sated for the time being (whether or not they are successful in doing so). If two nights pass without your holder trying to kill anyone, or if the holder dies, you will also leave them, and you will receive a one-shot ##kill public day action you can use yourself instead.

Many Still Seek Me Out - You know that John Candy playing all his roles from Heavy Metal is somewhere out there. You cannot allow him to end your rampage. Once John has been eliminated from the game, you become a bomb - if you are eliminated, whether by an action or by the day vote, you will also kill the player who took that action or the person who hammered you, respectively.

But beware: John Candy knows about you as well, and wants you dead.

The game is over. Thank you all for playing.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

You're gonna carry that weight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face