Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Sorry, I'm not a mentally ill racist. Who's the tiny old man supposed to be? My first guess is Ernest Borgnine but that doesn't make any sense

George Soros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

George Soros.

It's always Soros, he's the boogeyman for conservatives

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

By the way, here's the Kaep tweet that got Garrison's knickers in a twist:

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/875832378501074944

Clearly the work of, uh, internationalist bankers or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

He hasn't been drafted, but apparently a lot of inferior players got picked up over him, so it reeks of bias. Basically they have the plausible deniability of not seeing him as a good pick, while the real reason is obviously racism.

Kinda like how an employee gets fired over some minor infraction a week after they come out as trans or something.

It's a bit more than that. Kaepernick has a lot of flaws in his game (bad reads, tends to overthrow a lot), but it's obvious he's got the talent to succeed, but he's not putting it all together. I would say part of it is that he hasn't shown to be a good QB anymore, and also part his "baggage." Robert Griffin, a similar style QB (also black) got a 2nd chance despite a similar career trajectory as Kaepernick. But he towed the line.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

As that Wired piece shows, Garrison thinks you can just be visible progressive and the money will come rolling in. Maybe he thinks Soros is bankrolling all those webcomics too.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Doc Hawkins posted:

As that Wired piece shows, Garrison thinks you can just be visible progressive and the money will come rolling in. Maybe he thinks Soros is bankrolling all those webcomics too.
Well obviously if being visibly regressive causes you to lose sponsors and be boycotted, the opposite must be true.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Doc Hawkins posted:

Soros bankrolls literally everything he doesn't like. Haven't you been getting your checks?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Avirosb posted:

Well obviously if being visibly regressive causes you to lose sponsors and be boycotted, the opposite must be true.

Shouldn't that mean that Soros is the economy itself and thus the right needs to worship him because he's so drat rich?

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

My proudest moment on Twitter was being added to a group by some nut called "paid Soros trolls," like Soros pays people on Twitter to troll for him. I don't even really troll, just state my honest opinions.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I'm just going to set this down here and back away... don't look at the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmi-MtP969M

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

D.N. Nation posted:

By the way, here's the Kaep tweet that got Garrison's knickers in a twist:

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/875832378501074944

Clearly the work of, uh, internationalist bankers or something.

That seven pronged star is really ugly.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
New Kelly time!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

New Kelly time!

Me, but unironically.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spicy food is good

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Get hosed, Varvel. You're as guilty as anyone else for a lack of civility.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

And despite worshipping money and power with all his soul he refuses to join the obviously winning side and take the free money and power. Some libertarian, sounds more like a trade unionist to me.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
wait i thought activist judges were bad

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

wait i thought activist judges were bad

They're not activist judges when I agree with them.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

But the judge is blocking the way.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
You'd think with all the money Soros spends on paying protestors, he would have just paid them to vote back in November and saved himself some money.

Eat poo poo, Payne

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

But her emails from Benghazi!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's very interesting, to me, that this hypothetical scenario in which people who lean left are paid money for publicly stating their views doesn't count as Free Market No Regulation Good Economics Stuff That Happens Naturally for some reason

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

New Kelly time!

Santa FEH is making me so very happy

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

...what?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

HAT FETISH posted:

It's very interesting, to me, that this hypothetical scenario in which people who lean left are paid money for publicly stating their views doesn't count as Free Market No Regulation Good Economics Stuff That Happens Naturally for some reason

Yeah, because Soros is bad, so he's screwing everything up by only paying for bad stuff.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Is he defending the Shakespeare in the Park thing at the same time or is this yet another instance of GOP Cognitive Dissonance (tm)

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

There's something in the side of your mouth, Al

hurrr blee blurr, those ka-razy liberals and their pointing clearly unrelated things out and oh by the way pee pee doo doo global warming for some reason

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

hurrr blee blurr, those ka-razy liberals and their pointing clearly unrelated things out and oh by the way pee pee doo doo global warming for some reason

Well, libtards blame everything on global warming, so some librul, somewhere said it. I bet.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Reminder that Henry Payne throws a temper tantrum any time someone reminds him that the Hummer failed

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Is he defending the Shakespeare in the Park thing at the same time or is this yet another instance of GOP Cognitive Dissonance (tm)

Precisely. I cannot unravel what Lester is trying to say here.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's basically just free association at this point. Throwing up flack to distract from whatever dumb poo poo Trump did today. Ransacking the dusty shelves of their brain and presenting the results to the wider world as though we should all be as outraged over whatever dumb poo poo got the conservative fever swamps in a kerfuffle six months ago.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Neodoomium posted:

I think it's "look at these two things that happened"

Deeper meanings may just be coincidential

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
We're really at the point where Republicans can't fill a 4 x 6 inch rectangle with doodles without contradicting themselves.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

KillerQueen posted:

Precisely. I cannot unravel what Lester is trying to say here.

The man in the Redskins t-shirt is a football team. Shakespeare in the Park represents exclusive rights for the football team to reproduce said t-shirts. The security person represents the US trademark office, who tried to interfere with the football team's god-given right to exclusively sell merchandise with an ethnic slur on it. The judge is a judge.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Randallteal posted:

The man in the Redskins t-shirt is a football team. Shakespeare in the Park represents exclusive rights for the football team to reproduce said t-shirts. The security person represents the US trademark office, who tried to interfere with the football team's god-given right to exclusively sell merchandise with an ethnic slur on it. The judge is a judge.

But what is the DEBT?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ossoff lost in GA-6 so get ready for some crowing-rear end garbage comics written in the next 24 hours.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The SCOTUS ruled that offensive names can be trademarked. I think it was a band of Asian people named "The Slants" which is...yeah, but from what I saw they're a band of Asian people so people weren't clutching their pearls as much as Lester would like to believe.

Of course, the problem is that nobody ever wanted to outlaw the name "Redskins", but just have them change it because it's a slur as a team name. There's this failure on the right to realize that the freedom to do something doesn't mean you have to do it, nor that you are absolved of and kind of judgement or consequence for doing it. Sure, I have the freedom to go out and call people on the street assholes, but they can also tell me maybe I shouldn't do that and I'm a dick for continuing to do so.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

I guess leftists also fall victim to "this thing which I only know about through extensive media reporting is being ignored by the media" syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Trogdos! posted:

Uncle Sam is taking a dump while holding a dead body. A weird and disrespectful cartoon.
Squatty body?

• Locked thread