Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont like the new links awakening style but Im also willing to wait and pass judgement once in motion.

The screen blurring at edges better be a toggle though cause thats garbage anyway you slice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It has a very claymation feel to it.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

Was Sterling always good? I guess I never gave him a chance because he's a video game youtuber who looks like....that.

He's good at highlighting and dumping on industry garbage. His straight-up game reviews are some of the worst, most inconsistent reviews I've ever seen, though. Basically, just check in on Mondays for Jimquisition and you'll get video updates on gaming news stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

It has a very claymation feel to it.

Ironically it sort of looks like a 3D Dot Game Heroes ripoff.

I like it though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

poo poo, who do I need to fight to get a 3D dot game heroes remaster for switch

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Switch remake:
:wtc:

This looks like every "WIZ KID RECREATES OOT IN UNREAL!!!!!!" video ever, and you can bet that DOF/bokeh is there so the mobile maxwell GPU only has to render 20% of the scene in full-res

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

"My laptop is 2 years old, and it still totally runs everything I buy on it."

*turns off anti-aliasing, v-sync, shadows, lighting, and lowers resolution to lowest possible aspect ratio*

I have a 6 year old processor and a five year old graphics card (4570 and gtx 970) and the first thing I do with a game is turn everything up to full. It's nearly always fine, sometimes I notch a couple of settings back to make it smoother. Constant upgrades aren't really a thing these days.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

sebmojo posted:

I have a 6 year old processor and a five year old graphics card (4570 and gtx 970) and the first thing I do with a game is turn everything up to full. It's nearly always fine, sometimes I notch a couple of settings back to make it smoother. Constant upgrades aren't really a thing these days.

Same but a 3570 and same. The only thing I ever really need to turn down is some of the crazier SSAO or AA.

Got Rage 2 and I'm pretty much at a constant 57-60fps at 1080. :getin:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't shell out for a badass computer and then turn everything on low anyway to lock at 144 frames

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hawowanlawow posted:

lol if you don't shell out for a badass computer and then turn everything on low anyway to lock at 144 frames

I shell out for badass computers and then mostly play games that could run on a ten year old machine anyway.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chomp8645 posted:

I shell out for badass computers and then mostly play games that could run on a ten year old machine anyway.

"hmm should i play rage 2 or streets of rage 2?"

no brainer imo

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Look at this weirdo not playing DOS games on their badass computer. :v:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jim Sterling once had beef with Cliffy B and to sort it all out he wrote a song for him and performed it on a beach while dressed as a lady. CB digged it and they are now on friendly terms. James Stanton owns.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Poil posted:

Look at this weirdo not playing DOS games on their badass computer. :v:

Now that I think about it, I have played Star Control 2 on this machine.

e: Also Fantasy General, and King of Dragon Pass.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 16, 2019

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The trick, or at least what worked for me, was I built a computer about a year after the Xbox 1 and PS4 came out. That’s the hardware that games have targeted for the last five years or so, so they won’t really need more until the next console generation. I had to replace my power supply, but that’s it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

although octopath is really underwhelming plot wise i really love every time you get into a fight with a normal human as a boss their battle sprite takes up half the screen, towering three or four times taller than your party members

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was the best N64 RPG.

If Quest64 came out today on 3DS or mobile, people would think it was good.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
I'm bad at fps so bioshock sucks

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

spouse posted:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was the best N64 RPG.

My. Man.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lurk Ethic posted:

I'm bad at fps so bioshock sucks

I'm good at fps and bioshock sucks

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

I'm good at pipe dream and bioshock sucks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

wrench spec is the way to play bioshock. the shooting sucks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

although octopath is really underwhelming plot wise i really love every time you get into a fight with a normal human as a boss their battle sprite takes up half the screen, towering three or four times taller than your party members

Yeah it was cool the first time I guess

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

?

e: tag urself I'm Indy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

?

e: tag urself I'm Indy

ipooh

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Patrick Spens posted:

I get that you hate it, but this honestly looks cool as hell.

Agreed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been replaying the Zeldas. I just finished OoT and am taking a break before MM.

So far, my opinion of LoZ went down. Zelda 2 the same. LttP went up. LA went up. OoT some parts went down, other parts went up.

Looking forward, I have a feeling on a second play through, MM will end up being #1 on my list. It's a fantastic game. It's the one that when I think back on the series stands out the most.

BotW, otoh, I'd rank 4th worst or worst in the series. Depending. 4th worst in that it isn't plain bad like SS, PH or ST. But worst in that as a Zelda game, it fails miserably. It's the only Zelda game that doesn't feel like a Zelda game. Change out Link and Zelda and Ganon and swap them with Larry, Zoe and Gary and it's just an open world game that is done really well. The open world shines. The Zelda aspects are total garbage.

Jim Sterling is right. It is a 7/10 game. A good game with some glaring flaws.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
im thinking about playing a pokemon game. thats a bad gamer idea.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Robo Turnus posted:

my condolences

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Seiken Densetsu 3 wasn't bad but it was kind of an overblown mess of a game that already felt too much like a 32 bit RPG with too many features for its own good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Robo Turnus posted:

If you play the pokemon card game for the Game Boy Color, thats an ok gamer idea.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pokemon pinball was great too

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Shibawanko posted:

Seiken Densetsu 3 wasn't bad but it was kind of an overblown mess of a game that already felt too much like a 32 bit RPG with too many features for its own good.

I like it just because I'm a sucker for mix & match based class systems and trying to come up with different over powered party combinations .

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

BotW, otoh, I'd rank 4th worst or worst in the series. Depending. 4th worst in that it isn't plain bad like SS, PH or ST. But worst in that as a Zelda game, it fails miserably. It's the only Zelda game that doesn't feel like a Zelda game. Change out Link and Zelda and Ganon and swap them with Larry, Zoe and Gary and it's just an open world game that is done really well. The open world shines. The Zelda aspects are total garbage.

i dont really get what you mean by this. "a zelda game" is a game about a little dude named link who runs around chopping up enemies with swords and exploring stuff and thats exactly what botw was? the only other zelda games ive played are the very first one and link to the past, and botw just felt like a more modern (tech wise and world design wise) version of those games. where is the failure?

i mean its also true of the very first zelda game that you could swap the characters out with larry, zoe, and gary and its an open world game (circa 1986) done very well. and i wouldnt call zelda a failure as a zelda game since it kind of invented the whole thing.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 18, 2019

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
BoTW is way good and you people are insane.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oldstench posted:

BoTW is way good and you people are insane.

Yeah it's the best one by a mile.

E: actually Link Between Worlds is drat close though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Earwicker posted:

i dont really get what you mean by this. "a zelda game" is a game about a little dude named link who runs around chopping up enemies with swords and exploring stuff and thats exactly what botw was?

Nope. That's like saying any platformer is a Mario game. There are certain things that every Zelda game from LttP to SS have in common. You could argue that all of those are basically the same game. But BotW is so different from them that, as I said, if you change the names, it is not a Zelda game at all.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Waltzing Along posted:

Nope. That's like saying any platformer is a Mario game. There are certain things that every Zelda game from LttP to SS have in common. You could argue that all of those are basically the same game. But BotW is so different from them that, as I said, if you change the names, it is not a Zelda game at all.

What are those things that BoTW doesn't have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love how gamers complain about everything being the same and then when a company does something different with one of their games they just complain about that instead.

BOTW is to Zelda what God of War 2018 is to God of War. Yes it's a departure, but it also keeps with the spirit of the series and evolves it in a lot of interesting ways. It's good to not just do the exact same thing for decades.

Also plenty of other series have tried different things without facing accusations of not being a "real ____game" Look at Resident Evil, Mario etc. I don't know why some Zelda fans are so anal about wanting to just play the same game 100 times over.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 18, 2019