Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Wolfsheim posted:

Anyone else get a weird existential feeling sometimes from scrolling through all the games you either got from PS+ or on an insanely deep sale and then never played for more than a couple hours if you installed them at all?

Literally every day :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think at this point I could not finish up my backlog in a single year unless I literally quit my job to do it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah guitar hero became completely unplayable once I got a flat screen tv

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
backlog is a myth play the game you feel like playing when you feel like playing it who cares if it is good or bad or indifferent or completed or anything really just play what you want and when you are satisfied stop dont sunk cost your own enjoyment ya dinguses

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don't think it's a great game, but so far Watch Dogs Legion seems better than WD2. (though not in all respects, I prefered the tone and setting of 2, for instance)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Casnorf posted:

backlog is a myth play the game you feel like playing when you feel like playing it who cares if it is good or bad or indifferent or completed or anything really just play what you want and when you are satisfied stop dont sunk cost your own enjoyment ya dinguses

Oh thank god i dont have to go back and play all of FF12 after being bored by the first hour :cool:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Casnorf posted:

For me it's not sunk cost, it's decision paralysis. Everything I own aside from some ps plus stuff is something I legit want to play

It's like that study about how people freeze up if there's more than 12 things on Netflix or however that goes

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh thank god i dont have to go back and play all of FF12 after being bored by the first hour :cool:

:cheers: Glad I'm not the only one. Maybe one day I'll get back to it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I actually beat ff12 in original ps2 format but played it again in 3x speed ps4 version and couldn't make it to the end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

4x speed meant it was tolerable enough for me to finish but it's not a good game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Forgettable Fantasy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My lasting impressions of that first hour are "This looks way too serious and not anime enough" and "why are there all these weird lines in the battle screen just let me hit that rat" but its been a while

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Casnorf posted:

I don't have a backlog, I engage in game speculation. If I see a game that looks interesting and that I might want to play, but won't be playing now because I'm in the middle of another game, but it's on sale right now for %75 off, do I buy it and maybe not ever play it, or do I hold off, and maybe wind up buying it later at a higher price?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

I remember that show!! It was explicitly created to copy the success of Northern Exposure and it was pretty decent!

I rewatched a few episodes last night thanks to talking about it (Due South) :D I still love it and it still feels very wholesome and light hearted which is my favourite thing about it!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of my friends was so obsessed with Due South his life plan was the move to Canada and become a Mountie at one point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I had to look up Due South to make sure it wasn't the same show as Northern Exposure.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just read the wiki on Due South and I'm flabbergasted to realise its set in Chicago!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Just read the wiki on Due South and I'm flabbergasted to realise its set in Chicago!

Had to check the wiki to see if it was actually filmed in Vancouver like every other show in the 90s but no it was filmed in toronto

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Watch some episodes! :D

Favourite episodes are probably:
S1 - Manhunt, Pizza's and Promises, Chicago Holiday, The Man Who Knew Too Little, The Deal and Victoria's Secret
S2 - North, Bird in the Hand, All the Queen's Horses, The Duel (probably my most favourite of all episodes), Red White and Blue
S3 - Burning Down the House, Spy vs Spy, Asylum, Dead Guy Running (maybe my second favourite of all episodes)
S4 - The Ladies Man, Call of the Wild

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The RCMP are racist assholes. They were established to perform ethnic cleansing and genocide at the behest of a notoriously racist prime minister. And they still treat the indigenous people of Canada like poo poo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ZeeBoi posted:

The RCMP are racist assholes. They were established to perform ethnic cleansing and genocide at the behest of a notoriously racist prime minister. And they still treat the indigenous people of Canada like poo poo.

Well they're cops so yeah

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZeeBoi posted:

Also the Nova Scotia gunman being an RCMP intelligence asset and the RCMP trying to cover their rear end as he went on a nightmarish rampage and killed 18 people instead of just triggering the shelter in place system like the law says they should have.

ACAB, mounted or otherwise.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That's so depressing - A Mountie In Chicago made them look so charming and quirky. One more comforting childhood illusion shattered. Life truly is pain.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cardiovorax posted:

That's so depressing - A Mountie In Chicago made them look so charming and quirky. One more comforting childhood illusion shattered. Life truly is pain.

Another one: that dorky red uniform is strictly ceremonial and they otherwise look like regular cops when they are out beating native kids

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Another one: that dorky red uniform is strictly ceremonial and they otherwise look like regular cops when they are out beating native kids
why would you do this to me

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

what's the donkey kong analogy for today lol

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

All crocodiles are bastards.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FAUXTON posted:

The fruit stand decided they're not going to enable Donkey Kong blowing his life savings on bananas any more, I guess

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

haveblue posted:

The fruit stand decided they're not going to enable Donkey Kong blowing his life savings on bananas any more, I guess

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

FAUXTON posted:

I dunno, but for some reason, I'm suddenly reminded of Kirk Cameron holding up a selectively-bred, genetically-modified Cavendish banana as proof of divine creation.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

ZeeBoi posted:

Due South lied to me?!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I know this is only tangentially related to PS4 but the Yakuza 3-5 collection just came out on PC and I don't think I've ever felt more ready to sit down and play some Yakuza

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's funny. I bought the Yakuza Remastered collection the day it came out on PS4 but I am just now finally playing Yakuza 3, a few days before it dropped on Xbox/Steam. But my main motivation is to get 3-5 out of the way before my friend who I am loaning Kiwami finishes it and then Kiwami 2.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just last year, I played through Yakuza K1, K2, 3, 5, 6, and Judgement. I friggin love that series, but I'm gonna take a bit of a break before diving into Like a Dragon. Hopefully it'll be <$20 when that time comes around.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm still playing through 5, then onto 6 and hopefully after that it won't be too long until the PS5 release of LAD.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i have a million zillion skillion games and I only play like two

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Casnorf posted:

i have a million zillion skillion games and I only play like two

Sounds like you should start attending to that backlog

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Playing Yakuza 3 after K2 was rough, im playing Outer Wilds as a palette cleanser before starting 4. Do 4 & 5‘s mechanics improve over 3 in any meaningful way?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

PacoPepe posted:

Playing Yakuza 3 after K2 was rough, im playing Outer Wilds as a palette cleanser before starting 4. Do 4 & 5‘s mechanics improve over 3 in any meaningful way?

4 and 5 let you play as different characters throughout the story, each with their own different combat style. 5 also has more side activities that pertain specifically to each different character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PacoPepe posted:

Significantly, yes. I love Yakuza 3 for a bunch of reasons but the combat in 4 and 5, while fundamentally the same, is much better, all because they made enemies stop turtling all the drat time.