Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

laplace posted:

I believe P4DAN is what they refer to as a "Killer App".

I don't think Adachi is in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Adachi's gonna bust a move all over these punk rear end shadows.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe there will be an adult party member in P5, he'll just be a gently caress up who never managed to graduate from high school. Something like Shinjiro if he were like 5 years older and really never bothered going to school.

Manatee Cannon posted:

P3 and 4 have nothing to do with the older games and never will. There will never be any kind of direct tie between P1/2 and P3/4, the most you'll ever get is the butterfly save point and Igor. Well, maybe not Igor anymore either. :v: They don't even work the same way.

That's not true, the Kirijo group split off from the Nanjo group :colbert:. But other than that there are no direct, named references to P1/2 in P3/4.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Doesn't a (totally optional) news report on the TV in P3 make a veiled reference to Detective Katsuya? That's as close as I remember them getting.

EDIT: Welp. http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Who%27s_Who

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit, beaten

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Two hundred new posts since yesterday? Maybe there's actually something on Persona 5.

Nope, just the usual stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All this talk about Megtens with adult protagonists, and not a single mention for Persona 2 Eternal punishment, where you party is 100% non-teenagers for most of the game and then ebcome 80% non-teenagers for the final part. For shame, for shame.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

MonsieurChoc posted:

All this talk about Megtens with adult protagonists, and not a single mention for Persona 2 Eternal punishment, where you party is 100% non-teenagers for most of the game and then ebcome 80% non-teenagers for the final part. For shame, for shame.

It's a neat party setup. I believe Tatsuya has a few conversations with his brother and Bafou about what it means to be an adult and accepting responsibility. Tatsuya also struggled with he wanted to do with his life after high school in Innocent Sin, so it's neat to see a look at that transitional period.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Doesn't a (totally optional) news report on the TV in P3 make a veiled reference to Detective Katsuya? That's as close as I remember them getting.

EDIT: Welp. http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Who%27s_Who

It's really, really nothing more than an easter egg.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, EP is absolutely, 100% my favourite Persona. But its story is pretty much complete, and I don't really want to see anything further done there.

So, while I'd like another Persona featuring mostly adults, I don't think it's likely to happen, because that's just not where the money is.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'd like a MegaTen: Total War sequel to the TDE of Nocturne. Ma~dyne spells hitting like tactical nukes, semi-demi-fiends dragging their own armies across fragments of various worlds and time periods, thousands of angels dying to Mamudoon. :allears:
Solium Infernum is only half-way there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poonerman posted:

Two hundred new posts since yesterday? Maybe there's actually something on Persona 5.

Nope, just the usual stuff.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's like 3 weeks till TGS. You're not gonna hear anything about P5 until then so don't get your hopes up.

Hope that'll help you not post in this thread.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hubris.height posted:

Having just completed Strange Journey I can say that at worst it is rough around the edges. I'm a little surprised to see so much distaste for it, because, for a Megaten game, it is not actually that unforgiving.

The issue for me is that the battles are not unforgiving but the overworld navigation is. So the way these games often punish you is making you redo parts of your navigation, meaning more battles, and more resources lost as you wade through the random battles. But the battles themselves weren't hard so basically you just wasted a bunch of time instead.

You mention EO4 in your post and I think that game was a perfect example of how to make interesting dungeon mechanics as well as having a good difficulty throughout, even by the end of the game I usually had to clear a dungeon in several trips because I had to go back to town to heal up, turn in quests and get the new gear from drops in the dungeon I was just in. Hopefully Persona Q ended up being better than SJ, I'm sure there are impressions on it already.

Also Dancing All Night is literally being made by the Hatsune Miku team in their engine since it's all owned by Sega now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The issue for me is that the battles are not unforgiving but the overworld navigation is.

It's really not. The dungeons were fine.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
My issue with SJ's dungeon design is that it got pretty samey. Each sector would have "its" gimmick and it would use it heavily and then you'd never see it again once you finished (until H, of course). I actually liked H a fair bit because it mixed things up a lot; it felt a lot more creative.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Setting aside PQ or the mysterious FExSMT thing, what series would you like to see the Persona users cross into in the future?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Persona characters should stay in their own bad games heh *plays Maken X*

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Call of Duty: Demon Warfare.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Excels posted:

Setting aside PQ or the mysterious FExSMT thing, what series would you like to see the Persona users cross into in the future?

Digimon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

Setting aside PQ or the mysterious FExSMT thing

I'm still baffled about this game. What is it even going to be?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm still baffled about this game. What is it even going to be?

We have no info on it other than "it exists" so there isn't a soul in the world who could tell you without violating some kind of NDA.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And it's for the Wii U, which is almost as baffling.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

We have no info on it other than "it exists" so there isn't a soul in the world who could tell you without violating some kind of NDA.

I know, but just what could it possibly even be. Devil Survivor kind of ruined the idea of an SMT sRPG for me, and a traditional SMT game featuring the FE would be the weirdest drat thing.

Like what is Chrom going to do the second some rear end in a top hat starts slaughtering not-people to build up energy to become a psuedo-fiend? How is Marth going to react to when he finds out what the Red Pills are made from?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 30, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

e: i totally forgot there was an actual trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo

january of last year. it's certainly been a while

Excels fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 30, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

I just want Demi-Fiend to be there at all. That'd be great.

He was in the reveal trailer.

EDIT: How did that even correct to that?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 30, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Sho is new MC and he is a teacher at a high school in mirror Persona Universe in which they are slaves being drained of their power and health to fuel... something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Excels posted:

JJBA. :getin:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is the correct answer.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
The Atelier series.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Wherever the Persona characters cross over into next, I hope they get trapped there and can't leave to be in other games.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The reason why SMTxFE hasn't had any new information in forever is because they're busy re-branding it to be PersonaxFE, sorry all.

edit: I mean Persona4xFE

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The reason why SMTxFE hasn't had any new information in forever is because they're busy re-branding it to be PersonaxFE, sorry all.

edit: I mean Persona4xFE

I think you mean Persona4xPersona3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You thought it was going to be the Demi-Fiend, but it was me, Dio!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Freak Futanari posted:

I think you mean Persona4xPersona3.

I don't think we need the same game twice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That would be three times at that point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Four times if you're counting Arena, Ultimax, and Persona Q.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MonsieurChoc posted:

You thought it was going to be the Demi-Fiend, but it was me, Dio!

Dude not even kidding Demi fiend would rock DIO. We're talking full party wipe.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Atlus-developed Part 4 JRPG is one of my dream games.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Excels posted:

Shin Megami Musou (or Dynasty Warriors: SMT).

Do not pursue the Demi-Fiend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Butt Ghost posted:

Atlus-developed Part 4 JRPG is one of my dream games.

We already got that, it was called Persona 4 and it was pretty disappointing.