Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Corbeau posted:

That is way too tiny to look even half decent at any printed resolution. Keep in mind that 300 dpi (or 150 for low quality) is pretty standard for printing. That means 300 (or 150) pixels per inch of material.

Easy, just have a few hundred of those printed on the mat like a mosaic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The Gate posted:

At that point just put the points into accuracy corrector on the shuttle instead of a better pilot, and use it to cancel hits on the first roll without adding the two hits back. Assuming they didn't errata that out.

Edit: For stupidity's sake!

Lambda-Class Shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
· Darth Vader (3)
Gunner (5)

Electronic Baffle (1)
· Emperor Palpatine (8)

TIE Defender: · Rexler Brath (37)
Juke (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

TIE/D is best wtf option, but Whisper39 could work, too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do Intelligence Agent and decloaking work the way I want them too, ie can I check a dial before I decide where I'm decloaking to?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

These are neat, if nothing one couldn't DiY:
http://combatzone-scenery.co.uk/Outrider-Debris-Fields

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Some Numbers posted:

Do Intelligence Agent and decloaking work the way I want them too, ie can I check a dial before I decide where I'm decloaking to?

Yup.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FFG suggests you fly casual and just like, do whatever as long as you have fun pushing ships.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/18/swx-fly-casual/

That idea about mixing Armada and Impass with Wangs sounds very fun.

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

"Why Stop At Just Two?"

· Darth Vader (3)
Gunner (5)
Lambda-Class Shuttle: · Captain Yorr (24)
Sensor Jammer (4)
· Emperor Palpatine (8)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Fire Control System (2)
Gunner (5)

But im really not buying 2 more shuttles just to try it...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Or do what I'm doing and fly four shuttles in your league list in TTS

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20COW%20DISEASE

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 18, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau sent this list to me on Skype. I can't tell if he's joking or not.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

He's probably joking because between the two of us, we own exactly one Shuttle, but you never know.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Wow, that's hilarious.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

FFG suggests you fly casual and just like, do whatever as long as you have fun pushing ships.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/18/swx-fly-casual/

That idea about mixing Armada and Impass with Wangs sounds very fun.

I always found it weird that the motto for chill play ended up as "Fly Casual": Because in the context of the film, it doesn't mean "Take things easy, everything's all good" but rather "Do something underhanded and hope nobody catches you." Maybe it is perfect for high-level tournaments :shrug:

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
"Fly Casual" is one of those things where the context is important. There's the example you provided, and what FFG intended, but also I've heard it used as a complaint when two players are matched against each other with a huge disparity between skills. That situation in itself is a :can: but it's definitely a salty/sweet term.

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 19, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Holy poo poo, is this what you're using in our game on Saturday? That looks amazing, either way! :D
Never gone up against more than one shuttle in a match, so if it is your list for our game, this is gonna be interesting...and probably hurt, unless I can somehow arc-dodge with my own cumbersome spaceboats!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

:allears:

Don't move a single shuttle first turn just for the hell of it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Fly Casual friend o9

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

:allears:

Don't move a single shuttle first turn just for the hell of it.

If I ever get and use multiple shuttles, that's exactly what I've planned to do. Stall, 1 forward, stall, 1 forward, then take it from there.
That or do what another goon posted a little while ago, where you have three ships that collide in such a fashion (one with wingman I think, since another of the three has to stall) where none of them wind up moving at all, so they remain in their corner of the map, covering all angles of approach. I doubt anyone would make new friends doing that, though! :v:

EDIT: vvv Is that in response to the one I mentioned? Since that doesn't use baffles - just OGPs with Wingman

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 19, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
easy counter to that list. Slowboat the opposite side they irreplaceable damage themselves with baffels, leave formation, or forget to remove the stress. Turn their dial to fly themselves off the board.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

They don't need baffles. You can get things wedged way in there so that none of the shuttles can move and just bump each turn.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Today I learned: I have the most posts of anyone in this thread. By over a hundred fifty. Congrats Chill and Kai Tave for joining me in the thousand posts club.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm actually super surprised that I broke into the top 30, since I haven't been posting here that long.

I guess I just post a lot. :shobon:

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Strobe posted:

Today I learned: I have the most posts of anyone in this thread. By over a hundred fifty. Congrats Chill and Kai Tave for joining me in the thousand posts club.

Haven't seen many updates from TTS games this week. How's that coming along?

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Guess it's time to up my shitposting game

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

I'm going to a regional this weekend, and am fairly certain on a list with Fel, but I'm running him with Targeting Computer instead of Stealth Device. So far in practice matches it seems really good, having the TL allows me to take 1 or no hit shots and turn them into 3-4 hit shots pretty regularly, and usually frees me up for a defensive Palpy when I need it. Additionally it gives you this weird sense of freedom where you don't care as much if Fel gets hit once, because he doesn't lose much as a result (other than health). Most importantly, TC in place of SD gets me a 97 point initiative bid which seems like it'll be a big advantage in mirror matches. Am I crazy for not taking Stealth Device?

Feel like I'm taking crazy pills, just had a conversation with one of the other tryhards locally about this yesterday for a few hours.

What we came up with (as long as you have palpatine), match wise:

Better matchups:
Ace (especially an exact mirror where they have stealth)
Gunner/Vader RAC

Worse matchups:
Omega Leader (MUCH worse)
Uboats changes from "I can tank two torpedoes without taking damage at range 3" to "I can probably tank one torpedo at range 3" which is still probably fine

Random round 1-2 jank you run into in swiss is probably a coin flip, but stealth device is the "safer" choice if you're expecting to be better than your opponent. It's definitely a good choice at worst, but in my opinion, it only really helps in the ace mirror, but if you're expecting lots of ace mirrors just bring whisper/RAC and win by default instead.

If you aren't bringing palpatine, then I have no idea.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

Pretty crazy considering I only got into X-Wing around Most Wanted or so.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kai Tave posted:

Pretty nuts considering I only got into X-Wing around Most Wanted or so.

New thread happened around then, so not as nuts as you might think. This is definitely not the first X-wing thread.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Mr too! Need to up my posts which get ignored

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Strobe posted:

Oh poo poo, I gotta post more

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Endman posted:

Oh poo poo, I gotta post more

Tell me about it! I would've thought I'd comfortably have around 175 posts, after all this time :saddowns:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Gerdalti posted:

Haven't seen many updates from TTS games this week. How's that coming along?

So far I have seen or had the outcomes of four matches reported to me. There are seven left to play this week, but I'm not concerned because it's only Wednesday and folks have until Saturday.

In week 2, every single Rebel ship was represented.

There were exactly zero Firesprays, on either side. There were no StarVipers or Scyks.

There were exactly zero TIE Punishers. There was a TIE Bomber. Somehow.

Highest number of Lambda shuttles in one list: 4

Highest number of ships in one list: 4

Number of lists with four ships in them: 5

Two ship lists: 5

Deepest initiative bid: 97

Number of lists that even had an initiative bid: 8

As of right this second, the person in first place for the league is, uh, me, because I wiped Chemmy 100-0 in my week two game, for a total MOV of 367.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I'm on the list :toot:

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

So far I have seen or had the outcomes of four matches reported to me. There are seven left to play this week, but I'm not concerned because it's only Wednesday and folks have until Saturday.

In week 2, every single Rebel ship was represented.

There were exactly zero Firesprays, on either side. There were no StarVipers or Scyks.

There were exactly zero TIE Punishers. There was a TIE Bomber. Somehow.

Highest number of Lambda shuttles in one list: 4

Highest number of ships in one list: 4

Number of lists with four ships in them: 5

Two ship lists: 5

Deepest initiative bid: 97

Number of lists that even had an initiative bid: 8

As of right this second, the person in first place for the league is, uh, me, because I wiped Chemmy 100-0 in my week two game, for a total MOV of 367.

When do we need to play round 2 by? I already forgot who you said I was playing, what a terrible league player.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Brunas posted:

When do we need to play round 2 by? I already forgot who you said I was playing, what a terrible league player.

Try to play games by Saturday night, whatever your local time is. I'll have next week's list posted on Saturday (ideally). Your opponent this round is ro5s.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Strobe posted:

Try to play games by Saturday night, whatever your local time is. I'll have next week's list posted on Saturday (ideally). Your opponent this round is ro5s.

Cool, thanks. Sent you a friend request ro5s (I'm GEORGE FOREMAN) I'm free Thursday/Friday evening EST(just after 5 PM EST until waaaay too late UK time, if your profile is accurate) as far as I know. Our regional is Saturday so I won't be able to do anything then. Let me know if you're free either of those days!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

There were exactly zero Firesprays, on either side. There were no StarVipers or Scyks.\

There were exactly zero TIE Punishers.

I feel like I should fly these next week if Mad Cow Disease loses. (And let's not joke, it's terrible and will lose)

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

I feel like I should fly these next week if Mad Cow Disease loses. (And let's not joke, it's terrible and will lose)

I'll run 3 firesprays if you run 3 firesprays.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Brunas posted:

I've actually flown 3 firesprays before. I've also done 2 firesprays and an ace (which actually isn't bad)

2x Firesprays with Recon Spec
Omega Leader with Juke and Comm Relay

98 points.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Brunas posted:

If I go up against you next time, you're on! I need more crazy lists in my life.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it someone down here won a regional with a x3 Firespray list, just as I was first starting to play X-Wing. This idea seems to be getting more and more attractive...

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Dual Firesprays is something I've seen locally. Once. It actually looked pretty legit, since Firesprays are a solid anvil (lots of HP, 2 greens).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Some guy I knew ran two mandalorian mercs with pred and the hwk who makes people ps0

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The Scum generic Firespray actually isn't a bad deal, 35 points for PS5 and an EPT, the only problem with it is that it's competing with a 36 point IG-2000 with higher PS, a better dial (no hard-3's but you get hard-1's, plus way better greens and S-loops), and also some really snazzy abilities even solo. I've actually played some Scum lists with a single brobot before and honestly, IG-88C or D with Autothrusters and FCS is a hell of a deal at 40 points.

e; and of course brobots have 2 fewer hitpoints, but 3 green dice instead of 2. I don't know exactly how those numbers break down in terms of overall durability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Some guy I knew ran two mandalorian mercs with pred and the hwk who makes people ps0

This sounds pretty fun. I've personally used x2 Bounty Hunters with a kitted-out Vader at a store champ a year or so ago (from memory I went 3-1 with it?), but that sounds like it'll destroy aces like Soontir so well, despite the Firesprays being low-PS

• Locked thread