Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How is he 'notorious'? Most of us only think of lovely sweaty tryhard trials when we hear the name Osiris.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

How is he 'notorious'? Most of us only think of lovely sweaty tryhard trials when we hear the name Osiris.

it's sort of explained in the trailer someone linked higher on the last page. He was banished for having "dangerous ideas" or some poo poo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Maybe his dangerous ideas involve new subclasses. But they are probably just some armor and guns.

Looks dope tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I am so hyped for these 3 story missions, strike, 2 crucible maps and a new social space!!!!!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It doesn’t come with a short, bug-filled raid to break? This dlc blows.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

This game is better when the Vex are the biggest threat in the game.

Thissssssss

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I am so hyped for these 3 story missions, strike, 2 crucible maps and a new social space!!!!!!

yeah honestly this right here is the real test. did they fix their lovely dev tools and can they build new content at a rate that’s more than a Dark Below sized expansion?

if not... ehhhh..

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

it's sort of explained in the trailer someone linked higher on the last page. He was banished for having "dangerous ideas" or some poo poo.

Well Ikora is talking like we're supposed to know what horrible thins Osiris did. Everyone has "dangerous ideas" if you get them drunk enough. :v:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Triangle Men
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAiCs66l40

Edit:
DLC#2

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 30, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

It doesn’t come with a short, bug-filled raid to break? This dlc blows.

Wait... it doesn't come with a raid?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Well Ikora is talking like we're supposed to know what horrible thins Osiris did. Everyone has "dangerous ideas" if you get them drunk enough. :v:

if Osiris is drunk on anything, it's Vex brain milk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Chilichimp posted:

Wait... it doesn't come with a raid?

Not so far, there hasn't been an exact content breakdown released.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"infinite forest" but no raid. Probably something like Diablo greater rifts or maybe horde/firefight mode?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like Jade Rabbit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm assuming at this point that "Infinite Forest" is just a cool sci fi name for a Mercury patrol space. If it turns out to be a unique mode, great.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ol BLADE THIGHS is back. :black101:

And silly looking vex gun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The infinite forest lets us tap in to various Vex simulations where they run 5x rounds of combat against us. In some simulations, the Vex have been bested by the Taken, Fallen, Hive or Cabal, so we fight them instead.

Variks narrates. Exclusive gun and armor rewards.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Infinite forest sounds to me like horde mode strike with random modifiers.

The whole game would be better with more random modifiers.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
love too read people saying “no raid?!”

Activision marketing stooge posted:

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

New "raid content" could mean just a new Calus shader... :ohdear:

I still don't understand why they don't have the old raids available in some form. Have them rotate per month, come on Bungo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie once teased a balance patch, a month in advance, with a twitch stream. They love fanfare.

If they're doing anything other than saying NEW RAID NEW RAID gently caress YEAH, then "New Raid Content" means something like new weapon drops added to Leviathan

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I’m not going to waste my time finding the guy if he’s going to use dawnblade.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie once teased a balance patch, a month in advance, with a twitch stream. They love fanfare.

If they're doing anything other than saying NEW RAID NEW RAID gently caress YEAH, then "New Raid Content" means something like new weapon drops added to Leviathan

A new jumping pathway to avoid the Castellum :classiclol:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

A lot of people in the PC thread seem to have severe brain damage

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Brine posted:

I’m not going to waste my time finding the guy if he’s going to use dawnblade.

Cutscene should be my titan walking up to Osiris and being all "really dude? fire swords? come the gently caress on" and then I pop ground pound and gently caress up everything in sight while Osiris tries to stop me "no wait you can't use a good super here!" and then mercury totally breaks apart because it's still hosed up from the Almighty and we all die.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

this is straight from Activision, so I imagine people at Bungie are probably steamed about having their thunder stolen

anyway, if they use a paid expansion to add content to the base game’s raid, that’ll actually be a new low for them. Maybe a new all time low for any company

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
lmao if you think Bungie will do jackshit to fix the game via the first DLC which they have been plugging away at way before any complaints were known.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wouldn't mind them recycling the raid, make it a remix where we team up with Calus and push a Vex invasion off the Leviathan.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mango Polo posted:

lmao if you think Bungie will do jackshit to fix the game via the first DLC which they have been plugging away at way before any complaints were known.

indeed Destiny 1 didn’t get any kind of fixes before the second DLC, there is absolutely no precedent here for it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Lighthouse will be open to all players, where's some Reddit rage

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

whaddya gonna do, teleport into the vault from mercury? Cayde can’t even get a vex teleported working without losing two limbs

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

whaddya gonna do, teleport into the vault from mercury? Cayde can’t even get a vex teleported working without losing two limbs

Vault is like the Pyramidion, a common interior space linked by something or another thing. There will be another entrance is all.

Or like the Shores of Time redo map, it's all algorithmic and it's a copy paste in another place. Doesn't matter.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 30, 2017

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Chilichimp posted:

I hope they hired bobcat to do his voice.

gently caress.yes

that man needs work iirc...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

A lot of people in the PC thread seem to have severe brain damage

Which is funny because the PC discord owns.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

Vault is like the Pyramidion, a common interior space linked by something or another thing. There will be another entrance is all.
Or like the Shores of Time redo map, it's all algorithmic and it's a copy paste in another place. Doesn't matter.
Or they could just copy paste reworked D1 Venus into the expansion.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dude you completely missed my point. Yeah the internet knows the leaked contract, but we don't know whether it's still operative in that form, the amendment strings, the accidental and purposefully ambiguous provisions, milestone and deliverable exhibits that get tacked on later, etc. Just trust me here...it's not that simple.

You are not only gay and buff but correct. And you are right about contracts.... I work in tech M&A, so we end up dissecting a lot of commercial agreements, including in games, and couldn't agree more. There's a little visibility from the destiny contract, but nothing really that would govern the forced releases or rushes, or DLC schedule or other crap that is the issue.

Mr. WTF fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 30, 2017

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So the new social space is The Lighthouse from D1 and Vault of Glass is going to be added to the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
New raid content sounds like either new stuff added into leviathan or an old raid added back in but who knows.