Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Huh, Avicebron's third skill looks like poo poo, what's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
@dog_rates here, 3 doges is pretty good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
they're good dodges, space

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I barely have any drat gems, if they were easier to get maybe they'd be a bit more leveled up on mine. :(
Also if they're going to make me spend ascension materials i usually just hold off since those can always be better used on ascending servants.

I'm sort of glad I overdid the Christmas event because I still have gems left over from that event. Wanted to hit box #50 back then but can only tolerate up to #43. I don't know how many lotto boxes I'll do with this one though.

All the servants I do want to level need so many pages however. (Et tu, Jalter?)

Marogareh posted:

I at least try to get everyone to 4/4/4 but anything past that has to be scrutinized to hell and back.

Except Jeanne's 2nd skill because lol.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 6, 2018

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Finally got some quartz to do a couple of rolls.
I got NP2 Fran first then Jalter on the second.
I apologize for everything.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Kiritsugu is the only one with targetable taunt, but as someone mentioned there's the 5* GudaGuda CE, Black Grail to slowly eat away at his health but buff his NP a lot too as a tradeoff so you are taking advantage of two of his greatest assets, there's a lot of ways to get incredible value out of him and it's not like you need to specifically aim to proc it either. Over the course of the fight he will lose health and when he's low enough to the point where he's near you just pop it and he's a got a five-turn window to proc it which is incredibly forgiving. It's an absurdly good skill in every way it can be and it's attached to a 3* servant which is the lowest rank they actively update. Like if you bar for entry here is you need a 5* CE to force proc it, okay I guess? But it's not like the skill has some ridiculous condition, he will more than likely be able to naturally do it unless the RNG decides to not attack him for five turns.

Mostly I'm just salty about not getting the super useful GudaGuda CE. I assume I missed my last chance on JP?
I still would prefer David in most situations, just because his evasion comes on demand and can be used repeatedly. And without the CE you have a good chance that the dudes you want to keep alive die first.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So how good is Rama anyway? He's the only single target Saber I've drawn other than FAT ROMA so I'm interested in leveling him and he's cute but is his skillset/NP useful outside of instantly blowing down demons?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

So how good is Rama anyway? He's the only single target Saber I've drawn other than FAT ROMA so I'm interested in leveling him and he's cute but is his skillset/NP useful outside of instantly blowing down demons?
He's really good. Good attack, Charisma and Guts are very useful skills to have and if you have someone to generate stars he can hit really hard with his first skill.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rama's thing is pairing him with a star generator, activate his Blessing of Martial Arts skill, set up a NP Buster Brave Chain and laugh as you melt an enemy.

He's a good DPS Servant

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
If you give Avicebron Guts, can he survive that skill activating and get the heal/invuln benefits from it, or does he actually have to die for it to go off? I've got a copy of 1000 year obsession I could probably test this with but I'm lazy.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Crasical posted:

If you give Avicebron Guts, can he survive that skill activating and get the heal/invuln benefits from it, or does he actually have to die for it to go off? I've got a copy of 1000 year obsession I could probably test this with but I'm lazy.

I know that Arash's bond CE effect still activates even if he uses Guts to survive, so I imagine this one works the same way.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crasical posted:

I was curious too, but apparently he straight up has to die for it to actually work. Kind of a shame but oh well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Omg that Ivan the Terrible battle is effin' great.

I wish I hadn't stopped my Japanese study and didn't have to wait on translations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

that feeling when you are 1 dust away from awakening your jeanne horta but the roulette just wants to give you friend points

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Okay, I finished Lostbelt 1, I only got 30 Quartz, I only have one shot for this...

!

Thank you based Story Gacha. (I burned everything else because I already had them maxed)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I have an open slot from a level up, reply w/ handle etc. if it's not obvious from the name.

E: Accepted, good doctor.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 6, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Request sent from "Teiling"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crasical posted:

The guts will proc first, so Fig Tree of Tranquility does not activate because Avicebron only activates it on death. It would be a neat little loophole, but they want you to commit to the death to get his benefits.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Screw the haters, Astolfo is great, he's got Protection from the Wind on his NP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Thanks NateRFB that NP5 Mary +Anne makes farming the Caster Stage so much easier.

:getin:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Those demons apparently have a chance to drop up to 4 hearts, which is...insane.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

MonsieurChoc posted:

Screw the haters, Astolfo is great, he's got Protection from the Wind on his NP.

The problem is he has no way to get NP short of being babied super hard because both his defensive and offensive NP are trash garbage. I really don't know why they nerfed even his ability to get NP from getting hit to a third or a fourth of the usual too.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Last wave of this poor Caster node never even gets a turn. A double-Drake NP clears the trash and beats the boss down so bad that Medb has no trouble loving them to death. Prime returns on running this repeatedly. Might try subbing one Drake for an Anne/Mary just to mix things up.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 6, 2018

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Transient People posted:

The problem is he has no way to get NP short of being babied super hard because both his defensive and offensive NP are trash garbage. I really don't know why they nerfed even his ability to get NP from getting hit to a third or a fourth of the usual too.

Had to balance it out with being so desired by lots of people by making him semi mediocre.
Roommate has no issues using him all the time but then again his is level 96 or 98 now.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Transient People posted:

When my front line fell in the anniversary challenge boss (Saber alter with 3 health bars, ~2m hp) Astolfo hung in there for the entire last health bar with just Jeanne as backup and took the entire 1m down more or less on their own.

sorry, astolfo is really good actually

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im lame and use jeanne because i need them true manuscripts

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ruler and Avenger both boost both manuscript drops.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Last wave of this poor Caster node never even gets a turn. A double-Drake NP clears the trash and beats the boss down so bad that Medb has no trouble loving them to death. Prime returns on running this repeatedly. Might try subbing one Drake for an Anne/Mary just to mix things up.

Santa Alter + Anne/Mary NP chain has been reliably entirely clearing the last wave, no third Servant required. Only buffs have been Santa's Mana Burst, A/M's Combination, and the Battle Suit's full party attack boost. Caveat: My A/M has admittedly been fully Fou'd and is sitting on NP2.

Aside from possibly saving some (very minimal) time, just mentioning this because cutting your frontline down from 5* to 4* lets you run more farming CEs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Motto posted:

Ruler and Avenger both boost both manuscript drops.

yeah, but I think rider's only boost fake and I havent seen a fake manuscript drop from the caster node.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RanKizama posted:

Same.
My front line is Medusa, Jalter and Santa Alter. Load all their buffs, launch NP, goodnight Waver.

It takes me more effort to kill the demons in the second wave.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hate how slow Santa Alter builds NP, otherwise it's the same on my end. Drake is good and tough guys, and Ushi is a VERY good girl

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, but I think rider's only boost fake and I havent seen a fake manuscript drop from the caster node.

The enemy spawns are randomly true or fake so it's 50/50 unless you have one of the lotto ces in your party to tip the balance

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Gologle posted:

Drake is good and tough guys
Drake is almost absurd in how much of a pure powerhouse she is. Her NP gain and global Attack/NP Power buff makes her just so, so good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Santa Alter+Ushi is enough for caster node. You're not at risk of dying with any fully leveled rider regardless.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've got a MLB Affection Drake on my support list and it makes this so much easier.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I bring waver, my own Drake with her maxed NP charge skill and a friend Drake and I clear the second wave with one Drake NP, then charge it back up with skills and clear the third with a double Drake NP.

It's extremely fast, I just wish this game had a skill queue to make it even smoother.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
One day I'll get my own Waver.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's totally not efficient but you do crazy things waiting in PAX lines so I have both lottery lores and cleared out the mona lisa part of the shop.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
My NA account makes me very depressed, looking at just about everyone in this thread pulling Jalter and me not having pulled a 5* since September. If I get Drake or Orion for a guaranteed 5*, I am gonna curse their names till the day I die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So do the lottery boost ces work like the ones from knk where they make more enemies appear or should I not bother unless I'm specifically trying to farm specific manuscripts