Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I pretty much did a version of the first review you posted. My son has good taste in literature!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

SaviourX posted:

You should be. Needs some work, I give it 1.5 'staches.

Ideally, I would have my work's quality measured in pustulent neckbeards.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If anyone here has a librarian account on Goodreads we could add aGoB and all give it stellar ratings.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I presume the sudden drop-off of posting in this thread means y'all are scrivening double goatse filth like motherfuckers.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rejutka posted:

I presume the sudden drop-off of posting in this thread means y'all are scrivening double goatse filth like motherfuckers.

Scrivening like Bartleby.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Scrivening like Bartleby.

So, really not doing anything at all.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

rejutka posted:

my cat is norris posted:

Did my recording, now doing my editing so that it's not THE WORST.

We're all waiting in bated breath.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bigmcgaffney posted:

So, really not doing anything at all.

I would prefer n...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Arbite posted:

We're all waiting in masturbated breath.

There you go.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
So BDSM research is fun and sometimes terrifying.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Research"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I remember my research into sounding.

I haven't been able to pee properly in years.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
^ because of this post I ended up on an article entitled "Successful microsurgical penile replantation following self amputation in a schizophrenic patient", complete with photos :gonk::gonk::gonk:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I hope you'll incorporate it into a chapter somehow.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well that got really dark really quick.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Mutato posted:

^ because of this post I ended up on an article entitled "Successful microsurgical penile replantation following self amputation in a schizophrenic patient", complete with photos :gonk::gonk::gonk:

This thread. :catstare:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

:frogon:

Anyways, I told a couple I know about our masterpiece, and she (the actual book reader) responded back with:
"This looks hilarious/awful. I will be buying it."

Chalk another one up!

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Excellent. We have made a few sales on Amazon so far, nothing to write home about yet though.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I hope you'll incorporate it into a chapter somehow.
Has to be a Thelonius chapter, it fits him like a glove.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

Has to be a Thelonius chapter, it fits him like an assless leather gimp suit.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

As long as it's boiled leather.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I look forward to Sir Robert of the Hallfort, and his steel-plated stallion Davidson, putting in a leather-clad appearance.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So, now we should make a SA Mart thread and banners for advertisement. I'll try to come up with something but it'll be basic (like the banners used in the OP of this thread).

I invite anyone to take a jab at it though.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Dead Man Posting posted:

So, now we should make a SA Mart thread and banners for advertisement. I'll try to come up with something but it'll be basic (like the banners used in the OP of this thread).

I invite anyone to take a jab at it though.
Maybe someone with good artistic skills could design some cool house sigils for the various Houses. I'm curious to see what the Turduckyen sigil would look like. Perhaps a three-headed duck-hydra?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Can I jab with my needle like lance, nuncle?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
One of the banners should be my old avatar (RIP :qq: ) with a particularly saucy excerpt from AGOB.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
Speaking of Thel, I need a name for a poppers type inhalant he is addicted to in my chapter, I'm drawing blanks.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Joramun posted:

Maybe someone with good artistic skills could design some cool house sigils for the various Houses. I'm curious to see what the Turduckyen sigil would look like. Perhaps a three-headed duck-hydra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_uurFy4h5Q

This commercial made me indescribably happy over the holidays.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I like the wise squirrel commercial better.

I am, at some point, going to write this poo poo but I need to get through the backlog of work that built up while I was sick. Since I've taken two chapters, I've decided to flip a coin and write one of them completely straight and the other as a bizarre fever-dream nightmare.

The Turduckyen family sigil better have some poo poo in it. On it. Whatever.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The Mutato posted:

Speaking of Thel, I need a name for a poppers type inhalant he is addicted to in my chapter, I'm drawing blanks.

Ismer

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Parris

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

No no, something more oblique. Call it Londres.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maddrid. Berrlin. Lonndon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

LeWhore, PackinStan.

Lots of predator dongs flying around willy nilly.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

The Mutato posted:

Thel? You are too familiar, Ser. He is a lord after all.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
Thel and I are the sweetest of bros, we call each other what we please.

In authorfiction "news", while googling I found this thing on amazon: A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The complete 5 books (A Song of Ice and Fire). Even the publishers admit that there will be no 6th book.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Mutato posted:

Thel and I are the sweetest of bros, we call each other what we please.

In authorfiction "news", while googling I found this thing on amazon: A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The complete 5 books (A Song of Ice and Fire). Even the publishers admit that there will be no 6th book.

I was confused for a second until I saw that it was on Kindle and not actually some sort of back injuringly gigantic tome.

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 15, 2013

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

As it's finally on Amazon, I bought your book. I saw most of it in this thread I think, but I'll read it once I finish Lord of Chaos.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Not that this thread is worksafe in any way. But someone's advertising for you.

From Penny Arcade's Dickerdoodles.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

ZearothK posted:

Not that this thread is worksafe in any way. But someone's advertising for you.

From Penny Arcade's Dickerdoodles.

I would suggest we threaten to sue for copyright infringement, but considering the book we wrote, I'm not sure that would work.

EDIT: I'm going to shoot Gabe an email and tell him about AGoB. If by some stretch of the imagination he links it on the front page of Penny Arcade, that would mean literally billions of dollars for us. Billions.

thornghost fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 15, 2013