Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Nobody is ever in the floatdownhere channel, though. I presume the clan chat is inhabited?

No, use Discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
It take a stupidly long time to kill a destroyer with the Donskoi, there has to be something wrong with the guns.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 27, 2016

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I got a Bayern now. Two matches so far, first one was mostly me running after the fight because I didn't free-xp the engine.

Second one? Well, that worked out fine I think. My first takeaway from coming up from the König? Now I have 15-inch guns. Ho, ho, ho. :getin:

They might have slower shells and take a bit to getting used to, but holy poo poo do they seem to hit hard.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

wdarkk posted:

No, use Discord.

What is Discord though?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Krogort posted:

It take a stupidly long time to kill a destroyer with the Donskoi, there has to be something wrong with the guns.

Does the module damage not count towards total hp damage? If not, you've got 12 shells there that caused module damage/destruction that very likely did no actual hull hp damage, so that would up the damage per shell to an eye watering... 883 :crossarms:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Overpenning with HE perhaps? I mean, you can pen far enough into carriers to hit their citadel using HE.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Overpenning with HE perhaps? I mean, you can pen far enough into carriers to hit their citadel using HE.

I didn't get a single overpen ribbon in this game.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Velius posted:

What is Discord though?

The OP posted:

TeamSpeak is dead, All hail Discord!

We are switching to a different platform and change is good! You can run it in the browser, from a stand alone app or even on your mobile device. The VOIP has been really good quality as well. Minus the shitload of custom tags we had in TS this does the job and it's free plus I don't have people pissed off at me about the server status.

The link below will take you directly to the voice chat lobby on the Discord server. From there you can jump down to the World of Warships channel, go to one of the text only channels or go AFK like everyone else seems to do. Participation is key here and sitting in AFK never being sociable won't help but it is a goon thing I guess so w/e. I run the server so I will give permissions as soon as I see you or anytime a new person has logged I can go back and add them.

https://discord.gg/0lSMRHzXe0APB3Bo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Prinz Eugen is coming soon as a tier 8 premium

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
What does it provide over the hipper other than being a named hipper?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Stats are hidden inside the client, you can just see the model and modules with the extended tree mod, need that goon made stat finder to pick out the real difference.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
In other news, t7 german bb are op... or something

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

JuffoWup posted:

Kawaii desu ne

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

jownzy posted:

When I see more than 6 goons in discord at one time I'll start caring about having a clan. Either that or if I find three of the six people wanting to play a tier 10 game. We couldn't even play team games without pulling in rando pubs. We were successful for two evenings.

Those two evenings were glorious though. Pubstomp heaven.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I got on Discord today, play on the EU server and am game for divisioning up whenever I play really. Mostly do Tier 5-7 (Pensa, Cleveland, Nürnberg, etc)

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

The Scharnhorst is looking so tempting. Seriously considering grabbing it in case they don't sell it again.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So I can be somewhat of a Maritime History rivet counting grognard, which has led me to: why do Kaiserliche Marine ships fly an ensign, which is clearly the Kreigsmarine ensign, minus a swastika?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I imagine the Hipper will be pretty good in game until the Norwegian tech tree with 19th century torpedoes is introduced.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

LostCosmonaut posted:

I imagine the Hipper will be pretty good in game until the Norwegian tech tree with 19th century torpedoes is introduced.

Bastion mode engage?

Devorum posted:

The Scharnhorst is looking so tempting. Seriously considering grabbing it in case they don't sell it again.

I've never been a fan of buying premium stuff in games, but the scharnhorst is amazing.

:getin:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Devorum posted:

As linked in discord, along with here at least once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Slightly more hp, slightly faster turret traverse. iChase had one in a match I played yesterday but I couldn't tell anything else from watching.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

ZombieLenin posted:

So I can be somewhat of a Maritime History rivet counting grognard, which has led me to: why do Kaiserliche Marine ships fly an ensign, which is clearly the Kreigsmarine ensign, minus a swastika?

A lot of Wargaming's audience are fans of Nazi Germany specifically, and couldn't care less about the only good German navy.

The ships from the Russian empire fly the correct flag.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

IIRC there's a German province or two that totally bans the Imperial flag.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

As linked in discord, along with here at least once:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w

I'm sold.

the only other premium I've paid real money for is the Campeltown because it was cheap and fun.

And I guess the Murmansk, which I paid about $2 for.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

wdarkk posted:

IIRC there's a German province or two that totally bans the Imperial flag.

Why? Did they do worse stuff than the rest of the belligerents n WW1? The Lusitania maybe?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It might have a little something to do with the fact that Germany in general is exceptionally touchy about people yearning for ultra- or just regular-grade "When Deutschland Was Great" nationalism.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Basically they would ban the Hello Kitty logo if enough far right wackos put it on flags.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Why? Did they do worse stuff than the rest of the belligerents n WW1? The Lusitania maybe?

Neo-Nazis sometimes use it because the swastika flag is illegal.
I haven't heard of it being banned though.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So, I found the Nassau to be pretty painful (sure it's the best T3 BB, but it's still a T3 BB)...but the Kaiser is so good it makes up for it.

My first run out started well, but a Myogi forced me to ram him like 5 minutes in. Then called me a dick.

My second match, though, I got 70K damage, 2 kills, 2 CQE medals, and a fireproof medal.

Should I take the secondary armament skill as my first skill with German BB captains?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Devorum posted:

So, I found the Nassau to be pretty painful (sure it's the best T3 BB, but it's still a T3 BB)...but the Kaiser is so good it makes up for it.

My first run out started well, but a Myogi forced me to ram him like 5 minutes in. Then called me a dick.

My second match, though, I got 70K damage, 2 kills, 2 CQE medals, and a fireproof medal.

Should I take the secondary armament skill as my first skill with German BB captains?

You mean Basic Firing Training? No get the Survivability one, because like all BBs you're going to be set on fire a lot and that skill makes the burning end quicker. But when you eventually get a 15pt captain, Manual Secondary Control is a good choice.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Edit: Nevermind.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 28, 2016

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Dunkerque is on sale on EU.
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/3445/

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Just bought one, but I haven't played all week so my situational awareness is crap again. 3 bad battles so far, but mostly my fault since I played her like a cruiser. Gonna report back once I have a feel for that ship.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I want one, but gonna have to hope it goes on sale again 6 months in the future, because it's not happening now

e: Both the Scharnhorst and Dunkerque tbh

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Ok, so this was a loss. But the ship seems good. Highlights: a 16k hit into a Gneisenau's side and a double cit into a heavily angled Nürnberg.

And yes, you definitely should buy a Scharnhorst. Not many battles yet, but :dance:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 28, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NTRabbit posted:

I want one, but gonna have to hope it goes on sale again 6 months in the future, because it's not happening now

e: Both the Scharnhorst and Dunkerque tbh

Why would you buy a ship that everyone says is good? Seeing as you for some reason love bad ships and hate good ones, by simple logic you should be a fuckin' Rainman in the Dunkerque.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
I just love it when there is a full bomber Ranger in my team with a 300 battle Saipan in the opposite team.
Before the game has ever started you know you will lose, and our Ranger did, of course, not disapoint.
The Saipan had the sky for him and was free to torp us all 1 by 1 while completely locking down our Ranger that kept whining in chat. And didn't even try a bomb-run midgame when the saipan had 1800hp left after en encounter with our fletcher.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So forgive the noob question, but I see French and Royal Navy ships in the premium shop. Are these tank ship tech trees incoming? Also is there a good primer somewhere of how the different tech trees play?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ZombieLenin posted:

So forgive the noob question, but I see French and Royal Navy ships in the premium shop. Are these tank ship tech trees incoming? Also is there a good primer somewhere of how the different tech trees play?

The first RN tree branch, cruisers, was just announced, but while they have enough assets for screenshots they're still months away. French trees are even further away, nothing about them has come out at all.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/
https://thedailybounce.net/2016/08/18/world-of-warships-british-cruisers-pictures/

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
do russian destroyers eventually become non garbage?